Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Flames FINALLY Clinch Playoff Spot! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  01:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well not exactly the way I had hoped they would do it but The Flames are into the post season! I had hoped it would be a big fat victory over Edmonton to seal their fate, but instead they lost, and it came down to the Avalanche losing to Nashville to give them their spot. Oh well, regardless of how, they're in. Hello Detroit!

GO FLAMES!

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  01:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Well not exactly the way I had hoped they would do it but The Flames are into the post season! I had hoped it would be a big fat victory over Edmonton to seal their fate, but instead they lost, and it came down to the Avalanche losing to Nashville to give them their spot. Oh well, regardless of how, they're in. Hello Detroit!

GO FLAMES!

Congrats Leigh! Regardless of how, iI know t's great to have your team in the postseason!

You'll be able to see your team perform and try and pull off the upset. Who knows!? Maybe Iggy will carry the team on his back and just pull it off! :)
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  01:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TCT. Ya it feels good. About a month ago i was still holding out for first in the Div over your boys! haha! Who would have known it was going to end up with this much drama! Gotta give Colorado props, they worked their asses off in the last month. Where was it in the fist 6 months though???

I'm happy that Detroit took first. I'm not really sure why but I'd rather the Flames play them than Anaheim or Nashville.

Edited by - leigh on 04/08/2007 01:21:23
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  01:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah... the Wings are kind of an Enigma. They have lots of talent, and play well defensively, but I think their Achilles heel may be that they don't seem too rugged and are a little soft. This might be something that the Flames can take advantage of. Fact that most of the 'experts' have stated it will be a walk in 4 or 5 for Detroit should add fuel to Calgary's charge as well!

As for Vancouver... Well... I'm still searching for the smoke machine. Regardless, they do play well as a team, the Sedins have stepped up big time this year and they have a pretty good solid D. I was hoping for the Stars matchup, but that doesnt make things any easier.

In my personal opinion, there is absolutely no underdogs in the West - what a bizarre scenario!!!
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  01:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No matter how much I like or hate your team, Good Luck to ALL your teams out there!! I know how much fun it is to watch your team in the playoffs and hockey fans unite!

That all being said, if any of your teams come up against mine... Good Luck to you (sincerely)... but I still hope you get burned and burn in hell...
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  04:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I will be cheering the Flames on in the playoffs because Montreal is out of them.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  06:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

That all being said, if any of your teams come up against mine... Good Luck to you (sincerely)... but I still hope you get burned and burn in hell...

Haha my team is up against yours TCT, it will be a great series

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  10:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

Haha my team is up against yours TCT, it will be a great series

Yes! Good luck to you Semin-rules! It's going to be a very tough series. Both teams play a very similar style game and have almost the same stats all around (Wins/GF/GA/..). Should be a good matchup. I wish my boyz had an easier opponent, but there just aint any! Let's hope for great games where the players decide the outcome and the zebras are kept in check.

Edited by - tctitans on 04/08/2007 10:12:39
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  18:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Hello Detroit!

They'll be saying "Hello putting greens" pretty soon, what do you wanna bet?
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  18:22:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am (obviously) cheering for the canucks in the playoffs, but i would like the flames to beat detroit
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  18:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey gang this is a Flames thread so let's stay on topic please
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: