Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Chris Stewart - What would you do? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

b-dizzle
Top Prospect

17 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  08:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
May patience is running low for Chris Stewart, would you trade him and for who? These are the guys who are currently available.

One year pool, 5 trades for the year and you can only pick up free agents.

G/A - 1
SHG - 1
Hat Trick - 3

Choices:

David Legwand
Nik Antropov - Day to day (hand)
Ryan Smyth
Alex Burmistrov
Martin Hanzal - Day to day (lower body)
Olli Jokinen
Ryan Malone
Radim Vrbata
Dave Bolland
Matt Cooke
Pierre-marc Bouchard
Clarke Macarthur
Troy Brouwer
Keep Stewart

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  11:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd keep him for another 7-8 games and see where he's at then. No one on that list is particularly intriguing, nor worthy enough for me to give up on a guy like Stewart.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  12:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's had a very disappointing start to the season offensively, but as Alex said, i wouldn't bail on him just yet.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8397
( )

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  12:58:02  Reply with Quote
I'd pick up Antropov if I were you
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  15:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, I too would hang on to Stewart (and in fact, I am doing so in one of my pools where I could also trade him out). He's a legitimate power forward that is just off to a slow start in STL.

The last thing you want to do is sell low and buy high. If Stewart's lack of production is not killing your pool and you are living without him, then hang onto him. None of the players you listed as viable options are significant upgrades - and in fact a few are downgrades over the season IMO
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  00:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have the same problem in my pool......... and we are only 8 so the list of available players is quite long,, Elias is one i`m interested in,, i have already dropped Moulson for Nugent Hopkins (since it`s a keeper pool) i was thinking of re aquireing moulson and dropping stweart... but of course as soon as i do that he will probably catch fire

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  04:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

i have the same problem in my pool......... and we are only 8 so the list of available players is quite long,, Elias is one i`m interested in,, i have already dropped Moulson for Nugent Hopkins (since it`s a keeper pool) i was thinking of re aquireing moulson and dropping stweart... but of course as soon as i do that he will probably catch fire

Slozo leafs81 RC you will all be proud i just dropped stewart for Lupul... he better keep adding to those 16 points !!!

Edited by - Pasty7 on 11/07/2011 04:52:46
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  05:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted Jokinen, but it's between him and MacArthur and Smyth - all are 60 point threats, with Smyth the most likely to get a hattrick.

Wanna play it safe, take MacArthur. Looking for the upside, take Smyth (looks rejuvenated and is scoring in Edmonton, leading the team with 12 points in 13 games) or Jokinen (who looks to be healthy this year and might have a big bounce back season with 9 points in 13 games so far). Smyth is most likely to get injured, of course . . . which is why I voted Jokinen.

But now that I think of it, I would take MacArthur.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

b-dizzle
Top Prospect

17 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  08:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you think the hiring of Ken Hitchcock will play a roll in Stewart's role/point production? Still have him Stewart right now but I don't know for how much longer can I put up with this.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  10:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pasty, how in the world was the #1 overall draft pick from this year, still available in a keeper pool??? I understand there's only 8 teams, but they must be extremely shallow (#'s on "bench") to have no one picking up RNH before the season? Every keeper pool i know of, does a redraft before the season whereby most 1st rounders are selected!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  21:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

I havn't a clue,,, to be honest and plus i picked him up after his 8th game in the NHL where it was very apparent he was not going anywhere..... maybe everyone thought he would go back to junior this season i realyly couldn't tell you but lucky for me i scooped him up for and dropped Moulson!!

Pasty, how in the world was the #1 overall draft pick from this year, still available in a keeper pool??? I understand there's only 8 teams, but they must be extremely shallow (#'s on "bench") to have no one picking up RNH before the season? Every keeper pool i know of, does a redraft before the season whereby most 1st rounders are selected!

Go to Top of Page

b-dizzle
Top Prospect

17 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  10:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'll keep stewart for 5 more games if he still has no life, I'm going to drop him for Macarthur.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page