Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Who to drop from my lackluster line-up Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silverlock
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  11:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thinking about picking up Hartnell. Who would your drop, Havlat, MacArthur or Dubinsky? They're all putting in mediocre performances imho.
This is not a keeper league btw.
All thoughts are welcome.

Edited by - Silverlock on 12/14/2011 12:50:22

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  15:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, that's a tough one. All three have better career highs than Hartnell, but Hartnell's off to a great start which will likely set new highs for him! One caution, Hartnell had a very slow start with only 1 point in his first 7games and came alive in a big way when he was put on a line with Jagr and Giroux. With Giroux now out for an unknown length of time, i'd expect to see Hartnell take a slight dip in points as far as production with a new linemate.

Depending on how many trades you get, you may wanna hold off on this? If you get a bunch, i don't think you could go wrong dropping any of the three, but my pick would be Dubinsky.
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  13:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unless their is a bonus for power play points, drop Dubinsky, he is playing on the third line with Christiensen and Prust; not a point making line.

I am a fat boy, who plays too much X box, But my opinions are my biggest health hazzard
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  13:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hartnell without giroux is a tad crappy
Go to Top of Page

Guest4845
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  08:39:46  Reply with Quote
This is a no brainer. Drop anyone of them and pick up Hartnell immediately. Have you guys been watching him play this year? Scottie Hartnell has taken a massive leap forward. Forget about Giroux being out. Hartnell is a lock for a career 60-65 point season. Giroux being out just means he'll get more ice time. Voracek, Jagr, Briere... I mean, those guys are pretty good to play with too.

I would drop MacArthur. None of the three players you've mentioned are producing like they could be; but Havlat's still Havlat --> raw talent. Dubinsky is one injury away from being promoted to the second line. On the other hand, last year's stats for MacArthur were already a bit of an anomoly. This year he's returned to the 30-35 point range.

If you drop MacArthur for Hartnell, you should be adding about 30 points to your pool. Go for it!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  11:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Hartnell is still available go pick him up and drop Dubinsky. Then look to drop Macarthur and pick up another player.

Hold on to Havlat until he gets injured.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page