Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 TRADE - 13 man pool Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  23:30:03  Reply with Quote
Okay, I am in need of some advice from the brilliant minds of PickUpHockey pooler's.

I am in a 13 man hockey pool, where each goal counts as a point, and each assist counts for a point. And we each have 9 players and 1 team (goalies) for each win we get a point, and for each shutout we get 5 points.

Our pool's 're-draft' or trade is coming up soon, and I want to know who I should drop. (If any)

Jordan Staal (18pts) NOTE: hasn't been too productive recently
Drew Doughty (9pts)
Christian Ehrhoff (14pts)
OR
Drew Stafford (15pts)

Now I can't possibly ask who I should trade them for, because I don't want to type out the players who the other 12 members in my pool have not taken. All I want to know is, who of the 4 players I mentioned above should I drop? Should I drop at all, Do you think they will come good by season's end? Point predictions?

Thanks!!!

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  01:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, just like the last post i answered, too hard to say without knowing who you could get in return. I know you don't wanna type out a ton of guys, but isn't there a list of 6-8 you could offer up??? Also, how many trades or add/drops are you allowed???

Depending what you get back, i'd keep Doughty and Staal and consider trading the other two. BUT, if you can't get a guy who gets pp time on the point, i'd consider hanging onto Ehrhoff.

Prob doesn't help a lot, but you're really not giving much to go on!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  02:31:59  Reply with Quote
Its tough to give out a 6-8 player list. As I am currently in 2nd place in a pool of 13 guys. When the trade happens they want the last guy to get first pick, and work the way up from there. So I'm looking at getting 12th pick (second to last)

We can trade as many players as we want but, each trade is $5 (I tried to get it at a bid system)

I'm seriously considering trading Drew Stafford, for someone, that I am not sure of yet. But I'm not sure if he will get 55-65 points. How many points do you think Stafford will end up with?

As for Jordan Staal, he started off real well, but when Crosby came back, Staal's form dipped, then Crosby got injured again, Staal still played but didn't put up too many points, then he got injured, now hes back, and hasn't done anything recently. So I'm wondering if Jordan Staal will get anywhere from 60-70 (or more) points this season?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  08:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, you're not gonna get a great pick, that's for sure. Question though, are guys who get dropped available? I love pools like this where guys bail too early on players and others can grab them and see them have big bounce back 2nd halfs. Just make sure you have a good look and see who gets dropped if this is the case!

As for those listed, i mentioned in the other thread about going with Karlsson over Doughty, but i also would consider trading Stafford for sure and possibly Ehrhoff. If you've read my comments in the past, i'm one of few Vancouver fans who wasn't displeased with the Canucks losing Ehrhoff. I think the system here and the pp in particular did as much, or more, for him as he did for the Canucks! He's way off last year's pace AND is a -6! Not a great start for his new team!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9809
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  10:12:03  Reply with Quote
drop doughty, he hasn't done anything in a year and a half. D - men like Phaneuf, Pieterangelo or Stephane Robidas might be worth looking at if they are available
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  18:20:35  Reply with Quote
I myself being a Canucks fan, was disappointed in losing Ehrhoff, I thought the relationship was mutual, Ehrhoff didn't do more for the Canucks, or the Canucks did more for Ehrhoff, they kinda worked well together, Oh well.

As I type this, my Buffalo players are having a good game, Stafford with 2pts, Vanek with 2pts, and Ehrhoff with a point so far.

I'm worried if I trade Doughty away for say Karlsson, Doughty will bounce back in the second half and get 30 - 40 points. While Karlsson is doing so good at the moment, its hard to see him going over 60 - 70 points, meaning I'd only get 30 points out of him. Its a tough call man.

In our pool, when we trade away a player, he becomes available for the rest of the players in the pool. So if I trade away Doughty, someone can grab him up.

As for Stafford, I have a feeling he's gonna have a big year. Truth be told I'm more worried with Jordan Staal then anyone else, he started off well, and now he's getting nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  18:24:49  Reply with Quote
These are the players I've chosen;

1st pick - 10th pick

Corey Perry
Patrick Kane
Thomas Vanek
LA Kings
Dany Heatley
Drew Doughty
Christian Ehrhoff
Drew Stafford
Jordan Staal
Rich Peverley

Yes I know I picked my defense men too early. The rest of the guys in my pool picked the D-men in the 7th - 10th rounds.

Point predictions for Perry, Kane, Vanek, and Heatley anyone?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page