Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Drew Doughty, Brain Campbell, Erik Karlsson Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  23:36:29  Reply with Quote
Would you trade Drew Doughty come January, when he has only put up 9 points thus far.

He has been a huge disappointment, was supposed to be putting up huge numbers this season.

What would you do?

And are Brain Campbell or Erik Karlsson bankable? How many points can you see them having by the end of the season?

In our pool when we trade a player away we only get his points up to that point, when we acquire our new player we only get his points from then on. (the time of the trade)

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  00:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way too vague. Who would you be trading him for would be a huge consideration before anyone can answer you!

As for Campbell and Karlsson, there's no reason they couldn't keep up the pace their on, but i would probably assume they'll slow down a little just to be on the safe side, if you are thinking about aquiring or getting rid of them? They're both on pace for somewhere around 65 i believe so if you slot them in for 55-60, you're prob safe?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  02:28:13  Reply with Quote
Sorry for being vague.

I'm looking at trading Doughty, but I have to trade him for another defense men. I wouldn't be trading with another person in my pool, but a defense men that no one has picked yet.

I brought up Campbell, and Karlsson name's as they were not picked in our pool.

Erik Karlsson currently has 26 points, and Brian Campbell has 24 points. I would not get those points, only the points they get after the trade has taken place. So I'm wondering, if both are on pace for around 65, that's another 30 or so points (give or take) each. Would Doughty (9 points) or Ehrhoff (14points) get another 30 or more points each on top of what they already have?

If you think Doughty and/or Ehrhoff do get at least 30 more points each, then I'll consider holding onto to them.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  08:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough call, but considering Doughty dropped off to 40pts last year after his big year of 59, i'd prob opt to take one of the other two. I like both Karlsson and Campbell in this spot, but keep in mind, Karlsson is young and Campbell's career high is only 52pts.

This trade prob won't make or break your team as i could see all three dmen being within 6-8 points of one another from this point on. Having said that, i'd prob roll the dice with Karlsson as my first pick being that i think he's got more upside. He put up 26 points in just 60 games in his rookie year, jumped to 45 in 75 last year and now is off to a good start. I could see him finishing with 55+.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4845
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  08:48:10  Reply with Quote
My only surprise here is that both Campbell and Karlsson are still available in your pool. Is everyone in your pool sleeping?

Your top top top priority should be Erik Karlson. He will finish the year with around 60 points, and he will be the leading scoring defenseman. He'll have goals too (as opposed to just assists). If you don't get punished for plus/minus; pick him up immediately. Finish reading this sentence, get to your computer, drop Doughty on his ass, pick up Karlsson.

Next, you should consider picking up Campbell too. He will finish in the top 5 for D scoring. Who are your other D to drop?

If you are punished for plus/minus; forget what I said, and just pick up Campbell. If not, you've already wasted valuable time! Get Karlsson now!! (how can he still be available in your pool!?)

Go to Top of Page

Guest4845
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  08:54:55  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I just read that you have Ehrhoff as well. Ehrhoff is a toughie to predict this year. Buffalo can't stay this bad all year. Here are my predictions:
Karlsson - 59pts leading all D
Campbell - 53pts in the Top 5
Ehrhoff - 44pts
Doughty - 36pts

If you can afford the moves, act accordingly. Campbell will most certainly outscore Ehrhoff, but only slightly. It might be worth it to hang onto Ehrhoff.

But you have to drop Doughty, and pick up Karlsson. My prediction of 59pts for Karlson might even be too conservative. This kid is for real and could realistically hit 65, even 70 points.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  09:09:43  Reply with Quote
My only worry is since Doughty hasn't put up too many points so far this season (9 points) he could put up another 30-40 points.

And if I get Karlsson, and he gets 55 - 65 points this season that's around another 30 points I would get from him. In out pool, points players have already gotten before the trade aren't credited.

A lot of if and's and but's. I have to think about it and go off my intuition, as the last time I didn't I missed out on Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (no one picked him in our pool) I was going to all along, but got worried at the end he might not be strong enough yet, and didn't want to be down a player right off the bat, with this being my first hockey pool.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  09:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest4845.....the OP has a couple other similar threads and in one, he states that this pool's "trade" time or drop/add time is coming up. Obviously they're not simply able to pick up and drop guys at will, and therefore that would be why Campbell and Karlsson are available!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4388
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  10:20:12  Reply with Quote
Yeah but his point still stands as to why no one picked Karlsson with his rookie salary at the start of year lol
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  11:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4388

Yeah but his point still stands as to why no one picked Karlsson with his rookie salary at the start of year lol

This sounds suspiciously like a box-style pool, where you might trade one player for another in the same box... in which case all are available all the time.

There cannot be a single player pool out there where both Karlsson and Campbell are available.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  11:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4388

There cannot be a single player pool out there where both Karlsson and Campbell are available.

Not true at all nuxfan. First off, the guest makes a reference to his salary? How many pools include salary as a part of the draft. Sure, there are some, but they're pretty rare, at least around my cicle of friends.

Second, i'm in at 2 pools in which no one originaly selected Karlsson. In one, there are 10 teams and we have 10 guys each with limited add / drops AND there is no requirement to have a dman so that could play into it. In the other, there are 8 teams with 12 players each and you have to pick at least 2 dmen. Karlsson still didn't go and is still available as we only have 2 drop / adds allowed in that one for the whole season. Guys use these wisely!

So, 16 dmen (min) were chosen and Karlsson was not. You may think that's crazy, but have a look at some of the names that were taken, keeping in mind that no one saw the injuries and slumps that were coming.....

In no particular order.......

K. Yandle
T. Enstrom
D. Doughty
L. Visnovsky
D. Byfuglien
D. Keith
Z. Chara
A. Edler
T. Myers
N. Lidstrom
PK Subban
S. Weber
K. Letang
S. Gonchar
M. Green
D. Phaneuf

I believe those were the 16 taken. Sure, it's easy to look now and say "wow, who'd have taken so and so before Karlsson" but everything i read before the season and all the lists is saw had most of these guys ranked ahead of Karlsson. I think too many people simply look at how good he's doing, and convince themselves that they knew he was gonna do this!

As far as why no one's picked them up, keep in mind everyone's pools are different as to how many changes you can make, whether you're charged $ for changes, etc....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  18:02:33  Reply with Quote
In my pool, there are 13 guys, each are too choose 9 players, maximum of 7 forwards, and at least 2 defense men, and 1 team (goalies)

We figured out who picks first by drawing random scrabble pieces. Went from 1st to 13th then from 13th back to 1st and so on. (Up, down, up)

This is my first hockey pool, and so far I've been in 1st or 2nd the majority of the time, lowest I've been is 5th.

As crazy as it sounds, both Karlsson and Campbell, were not chosen. Looking back now I can't believe I didn't take Lidstrom, maybe it was because I was afraid he'd get injured. I chose Doughty because I thought after signing a big money contract he'd put up a lot of points. I choose Ehrhoff basically because I'm a Canucks fan, and thought with him playing with the Sabres, on a new team, with great line mates, and also playing on the PP he'd put up more points this year then last year. I was wrong in both causes, Unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0959
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  18:15:50  Reply with Quote
Worst logic ever:

quote:
I chose Doughty because I thought after signing a big money contract he'd put up a lot of points.

Signing a contract that essentially makes the rest of his life really cushy is not motivation to play harder.

Taking Doughty was good because he is a young, talented d-man, not because he just signed a contract. All 3 guys mentioned are really good picks, unless you have a cap, then numbers count, and I think Karlsson becomes the best option, if I remember correctly.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  18:29:01  Reply with Quote
Forgive me, I'm an a inexperienced pooler, being out of the country for 5 years, just moved back to Canada, and I'm the youngest guy in my pool by 12 years lol. Sorry my logic seems wrong to you.

There is no salary cap in our pool. Si if Karlsson is available I can take him. BTW he's gotten another 3 points tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4604
( )

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  10:41:42  Reply with Quote
Last year Jack Johnson was on a torrid pace UNTIL he sign a contract extension and he went ice cold with only 5 pts the final 29 games.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4673
( )

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  17:06:51  Reply with Quote
Brian cambell well win the Norris trophy this Yr.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  18:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about that, but he is having a great season. Campbell is on pace for 62 points, which would match his career high he set the season Buffalo traded him to San Jose at the deadline.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page