Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Jets Starting To Fly Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4306
( )

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  23:19:59  Reply with Quote
With a 4-0 win over the Habs, the Jets are now 7-2-1 in their last ten games.

With their latest win, they are tied with the New Jersey Devils for 8th place in the Eastern Conference. And only one point behind the two Ontario teams, Toronto and Ottawa who currently sit in 6th and 7th place respectively in the East.

Winnipeg's success is mostly due to their play at home. There are only two teams (Detroit and St. Louis) with more wins at home than Winnipeg. The Jets record at home is 12-5-1 at the Christmas break, and one has to wonder if the Jets fans deserve an assist for their home success?

I'm happy for Winnipeg, and I hope they make the playoffs! After losing their team to Phoenix 15 years ago, their fans deserve something special to cheer for this year!

Guest4434
( )

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  02:11:00  Reply with Quote
First!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4434
( )

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  02:13:27  Reply with Quote
*bump*
Go to Top of Page

Guest4434
( )

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  02:15:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4434

*bump*

Please, serious posters only. Go home, kid.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4434
( )

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  02:18:43  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

*bump*

Hey, Guest 4434, having fun talking to yourself? I guess you didn't realize that the same Guest poster will display the same number.

Idiot.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  04:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the funniest one-poster conversation I have read in some time . . . and I just had to let it be (not delete it as non-hockey related) for humour's sake.

To the question:

Absolutely, unequivically, the fans are a HUGE, if not the MAIN REASON why the Jets are absolutely flying at home. And nothing could make me prouder as a Canadian than to see the direct result of what real fan support is like in a true hockey market.

Let's look at it this way: this should be a big middle finger to Bettman, for all the years of failure for keeping the Coyotes franchise in the middle of the desert, owned by the league itself for almost two years in a bid to PREVENT it from moving to a real hockey market.

Would absolutely love to have the ability to see a Jets game this year especially, although it's not going to happen since I have zero reason to stop by Winnipeg. I hear that the noise level is absolutely deafening at the start of each game, and the whole atmosphere is absolutely electric. Must be damn exciting!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest3704
( )

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  08:03:20  Reply with Quote
lol i'm pretty sure all the guests are guest4434 for some reason...
quote:

quote:

quote:

*bump*

Hey, Guest 4434, having fun talking to yourself? I guess you didn't realize that the same Guest poster will display the same number.

Idiot.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  08:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo....thank's for leaving that for a good morning laugh. Either the guest didn't realize his reply would come up with the same guest number and then played on it, or it was 100% intentional. Either way, it was funny and judging by the time stamp, i would have to assume a few cocktails / beers had been consumed prior to the self conversation!!!

So awesome for Winnipeg! I can only imagine how excited their fan base is and how happy they are to have a team once again. With less other sporting options than other major cities, it should be an easy sell there. My only worry is what we've seen in Edmonton over the years, and that's a difficulty in attracting free agents due to the location itself.

Not likely to happen in the next couple years, but would love to see them have a nice long playoff run and perhaps a cup appearance???
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  09:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Alex,

Winning is the key, I think. Edmonton is probably the least liked destination aesthetically, but they have other draws: fastest ice, a great fanbase, and a true hockey city atmosphere. When the team is winning . . . of course players want to go there. And even now with a middling team, who wouldn't want to play with a Nugent-Hopkins, Hall or Eberle?

It'll be the same with Winterpeg. Keep big Buf there, try to develop and draft some elite talent, and there will be a "draw" for better players to sign there when the time comes. It really is all about winning.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  10:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Well Alex,

Winning is the key, I think. Edmonton is probably the least liked destination aesthetically, but they have other draws: fastest ice, a great fanbase, and a true hockey city atmosphere. When the team is winning . . . of course players want to go there. And even now with a middling team, who wouldn't want to play with a Nugent-Hopkins, Hall or Eberle?

It'll be the same with Winterpeg. Keep big Buf there, try to develop and draft some elite talent, and there will be a "draw" for better players to sign there when the time comes. It really is all about winning.

I think another draw that Winnipeg would have over Edmonton is it's proximity to the the states. Winnipeg is like a 2-3 hour flight to NY where Edmonton is another 2 on top of that. If a player had a chance for 2-3 days off during the season and trip to the east coast is not unreasonable at all.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  10:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the winning thing, but take Heatley for example. While i don't know ALL his reasons for not wanting to go to Edmonton, i'd assume the lack of winning (at that time) had something to do with it? Unfortunately, almost every team is going to have some losing seasons at some point, and when that time hit's Winnipeg (which, all things considered, could be now, though the return to Winnipeg is obviously fueling the attendance), it could be difficult. What makes it worse is that when a team is rebuilding, that's when it's weakest and that's when they need to try to attract free agents!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4054
( )

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  03:13:35  Reply with Quote
Funny, as some can not read or follow simple instructions. The number "1" was the most hated team, as per directions.... Obviously lost with this post from a Bruin fan. Or maybe it was Marc Savard posting and he is still concussed.

"Johnny77
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  21:59:51    
1.Bruins They rule anywhere
2.Toronto
3.Ottawa
4.Calgary
5.Edmonton
6.Vancouver

AGREED"
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  10:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4054

Funny, as some can not read or follow simple instructions. The number "1" was the most hated team, as per directions.... Obviously lost with this post from a Bruin fan. Or maybe it was Marc Savard posting and he is still concussed.

"Johnny77
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  21:59:51    
1.Bruins They rule anywhere
2.Toronto
3.Ottawa
4.Calgary
5.Edmonton
6.Vancouver

AGREED"

Funny how some can't find the right thread to post in too huh? Ironic....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4729
( )

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  05:25:22  Reply with Quote
Go jets go
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page