Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Getzlaf, Perry, & Ryan Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  09:50:34  Reply with Quote
Now that Anaheim GM Bob Murray has basically declared that he's completely open to trading his top 3 stars, I thought it would fun to speculate on possible trades for any or all of these 3 studs.

So let's have at it. If you were the GM of your favorite team, what price would you pay to get one, two, or all three of these guys? Or if you were in Bob Murray's shoes, what would be your minimum asking price? And let's try to keep this as realisitc as possible.

Guest0946
( )

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  10:09:06  Reply with Quote
Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal and Paul Martin plus conditional first round pick that Pittsburg wins the Stanley Cup
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  10:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting topic.

As a Canucks fan, I would think that Perry or Ryan would be high on the radar - they are pretty set at centre and don't have a real need for someone like Getzlaf.

Perry would be good for the Canucks in that he's good for 30-40 goals a year, and plays with an edge that they're lacking right now as well, he would fit well on the first line with the Sedin's, but I also like the idea of him on a second line with Kesler.

If the Canucks were to pursue Perry, I would be happy to give up Hodgson, Schneider, and Ballard. Both Hodgson and Schneider are bright young players that probably don't have a future in VAN (Hodgson does have a future right now, but if they were to acquire Perry there would be no room for him in the top-6). Ballard goes with the deal in order to a) clear cap space for VAN, and b) provide a defenseman back to ANA - while he is not the best dman, ANA is seriously lacking defense, so anything is better than nothing.

So, to VAN:
- Perry

to ANA:
- Hodgson
- Schneider
- Ballard

Seems reasonable to me.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:07:49  Reply with Quote
from a Leafs perspective we'd love to get our hands on Getzlaf. but if i'm Burke i know right away that Murray will be asking for either one or both of Kadri and Schenn. and in my eyes both of these guys are not available.
my first offer would be:
Connolly
Grabovski
any two of Gunnarsson, Aulie, or Franson
AHL prospect (not Colbourne)
2nd round pick

all for Getzlaf, and perhaps a conditional pick as well for the 2013 draft in case he goes UFA
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the habs could get their hands on all three

to mtl:
Ryan
Perry
Geztlaf
to Anaheim
Gomez
Gionta
Kaberle

seems fair no ?

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Pasty, as a Canucks fan, i love it!

nuxfan.....i think your offer is pretty reasonable but if it weren't enough, i'd prob even sweeten the deal with a first rounder, considering we'll be picking quite low again. I think that's an awful lot to give up, but to get a 40+ goal guy, reigning Hart Trophy winner, Stanley Cup Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist....you get the gist, i think it'd be worth the gamble, though it's probably moot, as i don't think they'd trade these guys in their own division.

OP, your package, imo, would not be enough. The two dmen, including Franson, isn't bad, but the 2nd rounder and an AHL prospect (not Colbourne), which are pretty much the same thing, and the forwards are not all that enticing. It's too bad, because TO really needs that #1 center and Getzlaf would fit that bill! They just don't have enough to offer up other than draft picks and i don't think Burke really wants to go that route.

Edited by - Alex116 on 01/05/2012 11:58:41
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  13:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way all 3 good to one team. But hypothetically Spezza and Karlsson and future consideration, straight across for all 3 Perry Getzlaf and Ryan. This is a salary dump for Anaheim. Karlsson is the best young offensive defenseman Ottawa has and a Spezza is a replacement centerman for Getzlaf. This will fill roster spots in Ottawa which currently are filled by lessor players.

Ottawa even has the cap space. I dont however see this happening as Spezza is a fan favorite and Ottawa has good chemistry now and they wont mess with a good thing, even if in the long run this would be way better for Ottawa.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  14:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

No way all 3 good to one team. But hypothetically Spezza and Karlsson and future consideration, straight across for all 3 Perry Getzlaf and Ryan. This is a salary dump for Anaheim. Karlsson is the best young offensive defenseman Ottawa has and a Spezza is a replacement centerman for Getzlaf. This will fill roster spots in Ottawa which currently are filled by lessor players.

Ottawa even has the cap space. I dont however see this happening as Spezza is a fan favorite and Ottawa has good chemistry now and they wont mess with a good thing, even if in the long run this would be way better for Ottawa.

I don't think that this is a salary dump in any way - all 3 of them are signed to pretty reasonable contracts at today's rates. Lets not forget that up to and including last season, all 3 were performing well above their contracts and were one of the most fearsome lines in the NHL.

While all 3 are on the chopping block, I don't think all 3 will be moved - ANA might move 1 or even 2 of them. But to trade away all 3 would be foolish IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  14:28:26  Reply with Quote
What a sight that would be to see Corey Perry playing for the Canucks.

We'd have an even more awesome team, with plenty of firepower. We score a hell of a lot right now but with someone like Perry, we'd be even more of a force.

You have to remember that Schneider is a 1st string goalie. He's in a unique situation at Vancouver where he's the back up to Luongo. We all know that Schneider would be the starting goalie in anywhere in the NHL, bar 2 or 3 teams.

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  21:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

What a sight that would be to see Corey Perry playing for the Canucks.

We'd have an even more awesome team, with plenty of firepower. We score a hell of a lot right now but with someone like Perry, we'd be even more of a force.

You have to remember that Schneider is a 1st string goalie. He's in a unique situation at Vancouver where he's the back up to Luongo. We all know that Schneider would be the starting goalie in anywhere in the NHL, bar 2 or 3 teams.

The only problem with Perry to the Canucks is that I think he is one of the few players in the league that actually does truly hate them. Whenever ANA plays VAN, Perry and one of Burrows/Kesler/Lapierre are constantly going at it. But yeah, he would be the one that VAN could use the most right now.

And no, Schneider is not a first string goalie on all but 2 or 3 teams, be realistic. Off the top of my head, tames where he does NOT automatically start today include CHI, SJ, DET, MIN, NSH, DAL, LA, CGY, NYR, BOS, PHI, OTT, PIT, WSH, WPG, BUF, MTL, and CAR - thats a pretty big list. There is no question that he has the ability to win a starting job if given the chance (and ANA would probably be a place he would get that chance), but with 50 starts over 4 seasons, he is not a "first string goalie" by any stretch.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  10:39:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

No way all 3 good to one team. But hypothetically Spezza and Karlsson and future consideration, straight across for all 3 Perry Getzlaf and Ryan.

sorry but if i'm the Anaheim GM and this is all your going to offer for all THREE players........then i'm hanging up the phone.
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  14:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

So, to VAN:
- Perry

to ANA:
- Hodgson
- Schneider
- Ballard

Seems reasonable to me.

Perry was last year's MVP, VAN would have to throw in a first rounder rather than ballard and maybe they'd accept it. Ballard is useless to them, If they consider trading perry or getzlaf, they'd go into full rebuild
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  16:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

So, to VAN:
- Perry

to ANA:
- Hodgson
- Schneider
- Ballard

Seems reasonable to me.

Perry was last year's MVP, VAN would have to throw in a first rounder rather than ballard and maybe they'd accept it. Ballard is useless to them, If they consider trading perry or getzlaf, they'd go into full rebuild

Sure, throw in a first rounder as well.

A team that is currently 28th in the NHL in GA and can't seem to keep the puck out of their net or hold a lead would probably be happy to have a defenseman as part of the deal. He is certainly not the focus of that particular package, but Ballard is decent, and while he hasn't had success in VAN he has had success before VAN - perhaps a change of environment is what he needs.

Regardless, VAN would need to move Ballard (or another chunk of salary) to make the trade work, for the cap room.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  22:27:28  Reply with Quote
Corey Perry will be the last of the 'Big 3' to depart Anaheim, if the Ducks were to trade any one of them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page