Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Stanley Cup Final Match Up Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  12:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which NHL Stanley Cup final would you prefer to see in 2012?

Choices:

Toronto / Detroit
Boston / Vancouver
Chicago / Pittsburgh
Other

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  13:55:00  Reply with Quote
Change is a nice thing, but I would still rather see a rematch of the Vancouver-Bruins series from last year. It's not just the distaste these teams have for each other, but they're both very good teams, and a rematch would be great!

Interesting about the three poll options – all but one team really has a reasonable chance to be in the finals. I'm not a Leaf basher, and while I would enjoy seeing them in a final (especially against another original six team), they are a long shot to be there. (And really only about a 50/50 chance to make the playoffs.)

I think the Rangers-Red Wings would make a great final series! Or the Rangers vs. the Canucks too! The Rangers last cup win (in 1994) was against the Canucks, so there's some history there.

It's neat to see 4 out of the 6 original six teams doing so well. (All U.S. teams.) Once again, Toronto is probably 50/50 to make the playoffs, but things don't look so good for Montreal. But hey – there's still half a season left – maybe they can turn things around.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5091
( )

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  14:23:51  Reply with Quote
Watching Toronto get stomped wouldn't be particularly entertaining... and unless Pittsburgh comes back from the hospital, they'd likely be in for the same fate against Chicago.

Of the given options, Bruins/Vancouver's the best one... which is sad, considering we've already been there and seen that.
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  15:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently there are a lot of bruins and canucks fans here. Or a lot of people dead inside, REPEATS SUCK
Go to Top of Page

Oilearl
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
268 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  15:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pick Chicago Boston last two champs head to head. I originally picked Pitt vs LA but injuries have made me reconsider
Go to Top of Page

Guest8159
( )

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  06:34:11  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5091

Watching Toronto get stomped wouldn't be particularly entertaining... and unless Pittsburgh comes back from the hospital, they'd likely be in for the same fate against Chicago.

Of the given options, Bruins/Vancouver's the best one... which is sad, considering we've already been there and seen that.

You are right, we've seen it b4,and the city of Vancouver is still trying to get out of the mess it's fans created.
Another run for the cup could mean Vancouver may end up off the map altogether, lol, but I certainly wish them well along with the rest of our Canadian teams.
Let's also keep in mind that many many of the good players are from Canada aswell, playing for U.S teams, of course money talks.
Get all our NHL players that our currently playing in U.S teams and bring em home to our Canadian teams and we shall see Canadian teams win the cup more often.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2784
( )

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  06:50:29  Reply with Quote
Well i consider Boston more of a Canadian city than Vancouver. Ask anybody here in St.stephen. I would trade B.C. for New England in a second.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0168
( )

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  09:09:14  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2784

Well i consider Boston more of a Canadian city than Vancouver. Ask anybody here in St.stephen. I would trade B.C. for New England in a second.

LOL, never heard of St. Stephen, must be a bustling metropolis....You can have New England
Go to Top of Page

Guest8492
( )

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  09:46:55  Reply with Quote
Pitt making it at all is close to 0%, no Sid, Neal, Letang (list goes on). Fleury is good, but everyone has limits.

Van or Chicago in the west, Boston is pretty much unstoppable at this point unless Lundqvist becomes a demi god.
Go to Top of Page

Stamkos a Hab
Top Prospect

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  12:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg vs Phoenix anyone and yes I know it's extremely unlikely but it would be awesome

Sucks 2 be the rest of ya
Go to Top of Page

Guest7961
( )

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  11:02:03  Reply with Quote
columbus nashville don draper would have work overtime
Go to Top of Page

Guest4747
( )

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  12:38:43  Reply with Quote
Of any Canadian teams it will be Vancouver in the finals again.

What's funny is that TO was an option to be in the finals. TO's goalie conundrum will never get them through the first round perhaps not even into the playoffs, yet again.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3404
( )

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  13:37:06  Reply with Quote
Toronto making it to the finals would be amazing. Not only would the fans be CRAZY, but the rivalry between these two teams is big!
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  15:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4747

Of any Canadian teams it will be Vancouver in the finals again.

What's funny is that TO was an option to be in the finals. TO's goalie conundrum will never get them through the first round perhaps not even into the playoffs, yet again.

Hmmm...they are 6-2-2 and in their last 10 games and they have a conundrum??

I wish the Oilers were that unfortunate!

Wait a sec? Did I just defend the Leafs???

Must still be the eggnog wearing off!!
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  15:20:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FER, you stopped drinking the eggnog? Maybe I should too cause I still see the Sens in a playoff position everytime I look at the standings. Worse they are ahead of the Leafs.
Anyways I am a Leaf fan so my vote would be an obvious one. Other then that, I am not against a Van/Bos rematch. It has nasty all written all over it and grudge matches produce some great hockey.

Edited by - Porkchop73 on 01/12/2012 16:00:18
Go to Top of Page

Guest9850
( )

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  08:12:32  Reply with Quote
Rangers vs. Blackhawks
Go to Top of Page

Guest9245
( )

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  11:41:00  Reply with Quote
Boston vs Minnesota

The two best hockey states
Go to Top of Page

Guest8894
( )

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  07:22:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2784

Which 2 drunks should we approach in St.Who Cares?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page