Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 1st Vancouver rioter sentenced! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  08:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It took 8 months, but finally the first, of what should be many, idiots/rioters, was sentenced ito 17 months in jail! Awesome! Now get the others jailed so they don't get to ruin it for the responsible fans when this years cup run comes!

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/young-man-sentenced-17-months-in-first-stanley-cup-riot-conviction/article2340871/?service=mobile

Guest7961
( )

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  03:11:27  Reply with Quote
Hang "em high
Go to Top of Page

Guest6354
( )

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  12:16:40  Reply with Quote
Actually guys this is bad... While I agree the riots should be punished I can guarantee the government just totally shot themselves in the foot on this one. Let see here Government sentence contrite or at least apparently contrite rioter who plead guilty thereby saving the courts thousands of dollars to 17 months in prison when the maximum sentence you can receive is 18 months. How does this look to rioters that are about to be charged. I can plead guilty get 17 months of prison or plead not guilty and hopefully get off scot free on a technicality... I don't know I think they just totally overplayed their plan.
Go to Top of Page

topcornermax
Top Prospect

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  12:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He had a previous conviction and a drinking problem I say for this case it was a good call by the courts.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  16:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
indeed - this dude will probably get at the higher end of the spectrum, given that he has a record, and was under curfew the night of the riot (what are you thinking...).

<off topic>
I love our justice system. 10 days in jail for kicking a guy in the head, and 17 months for breaking a couple of windows during a riot.
</off topic>

Hopefully we'll have everyone sorted before this year's finals.
Go to Top of Page

2ForInstigating
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  09:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3.7 million in damages from the entire riot?
Wow.... thats... not a lot...
why not just make Luongo pay for all the damage? Not like he earns his paychecks 3 months a season....
Keep the fans outta jail and going back to games, spending more money there....
Go to Top of Page

Guest6498
( )

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  11:31:21  Reply with Quote
Good!
The behavior of those Vancouverites who participated is an embarrassment to all of BC and all Canuck fans everywhere. I am ashamed to be associated with Vancouverites simply because I cheer for the Canucks.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  13:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOOD
Go to Top of Page

Guest0608
( )

Posted - 02/24/2012 :  10:38:20  Reply with Quote
For the bleeding hearts that are crying the blues over this sentence - he destroyed TWO police vehicles. The sentence was WAY LIGHT!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page