Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Sens get Bishop Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  10:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sens get Bishop from the Blues for a 2nd round pick in 2013

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  16:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If that's all it took to get Bishop you've gotta wonder why Steve Yzerman or Brian Burke didn't pick up Bishop.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  18:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe he's a UFA, no? If so, he could just be an insurance policy for the remainder of the season then test the market? Maybe TO or TB will be interested then if he's not signed prior to the summer.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6958
( )

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  19:12:38  Reply with Quote
Bishop signed a one year extension with the sens right after the trade was made, so he'll be in ottawa again next year, auld will be lookign for a new job after this stint in ottawa, but now ottawa has bishop, anderson and lehner, they have goaltending for quite a long time now, perhaps this is a start to sending lehner somewhere in the future?

i would only say that happens if they can get bishop signed long term, otherwise theyll want to keep lehner

but what a steal for ottawa, the number one ranked goaltender in the AHL for a second round pick in 2013, st louis could have at least asked for a first rounder? i mean you look at ottawa, lehner was ranked fifth in AHL goaltending, so they had a prospect, but then u turn to tampa bay, and they dont have any goaltending prospects, and even new jersey could have been a nice place to land bishop, after brodeur retires they will need a new starter and there may not be many in the market,

thoughts??
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  19:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6958

Bishop signed a one year extension with the sens right after the trade was made, so he'll be in ottawa again next year,

Ah, thanks for that. I didn't realize they'd inked him to a new deal. Def seems like a good trade for them!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4877
( )

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  19:56:22  Reply with Quote
This deal also amazes me!! Bishop is a TOP goalie prospect and with so many teams in need of goaltending I can't believe he went for so little?? Tampa, New Jersey.....even Toronto or Philly....could use a quality goalie prospect at such a small cost. Ottawa's need for a goalie was far less. Great steal for them
Go to Top of Page

Guest7961
( )

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  11:35:31  Reply with Quote
Toronto gets anew cardinal but Ottawa only gets a ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page