Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Trade rumours, thoughts, opinions, etc Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  15:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the trade deadline approaching, i figured we could discuss possible trades, rumoured trades, trades you think would be good for your team, etc. Rather than sabotage other threads, we could discuss here.

Mods, feel free to move any other stuff here (such as the Corry Perry to Vancouver "dream" i posted).

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  15:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another more realistic move being thrown about, is the interest the Canucks have in Travis Moen (Mtl.). The Habs and Nux have made a few moves before, including last year at the deadline so it's not surprising to see. I think Moen could def help a few teams and he will likely be on the move. His experience having won a cup (Anaheim) would be welcome here.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  16:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read some articles suggesting the NY Rangers are interested in Ryan Suter. I like Suter, but not sure I want to see the Rangers parting with the type of package it will likely take to land him. According to the Post, any deal would likely include a roster player, a top prospect such as Tim Erixon, etc.

Another rumor that keeps popping up as far as the Rangers are concerned is Vinny Prospal. It makes sense as he's had pretty good chemistry with Marian Gaborik the past 2 seasons, and he played well with Brad Richards in TB as well. He couldn't hurt the PP either, which has been brutal.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  16:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Ryan, if the Rangers could land Suter with already having Girardi and Staal? That would be crazy! If anyone managed to get through them, their reward would be facing Lundqvist? Ouch.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  17:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be quite the defensive unit...Suter, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Sauer & Lundqvist. I wouldn't put much stock into it though, I just don't see it happening.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4864
( )

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  20:17:45  Reply with Quote
Alex I see you have comments for every post everyday. Some of your posts are really annoying. My question to you. Do you have a life outside this site?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  02:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4864

Alex I see you have comments for every post everyday. Some of your posts are really annoying. My question to you. Do you have a life outside this site?

Nope, this is it.

Do you though? I mean, if you know i have comments for every post every day, you must be reading them! Lol. Oh, and if you really feel that way, why is it there was a 10 day period recently where i didn't post at all? Hmmmmm??? Perhaps i do actually have a life? Need i share it with you? Ummm, no.

BTW, i don't doubt some of my posts are annoying but that's likely because you don't agree with my opinion or views. However, i'm just exercising my right to freedom of speech like Tim Thomas .

Here's some free advice for you. Next time you see my name next to a post, skip it. Then you won't find yourself annoyed with ANY of my posts and you can be happier.

Edited by - Alex116 on 01/28/2012 02:31:17
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  04:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done, Alex.

ALL POSTERS:
The above is a fine example of how to deal with annoying trolls, annoying and useless comments, and in general, people who don't want to add anything to the discussion.

Humour, tact and diplomacy.

I am looking for a trade from the Leafs, but at this point . . . it really could be anything. I honestly expect to be surprised by Burke as usual - I mean, who saw Phaneuf coming from Calgary?

So, the first thing I am going to declare is that the trade that ISN'T happening is anything on Toronto rumour boards - Carter from Columbus? Staying put. Eric Staal? Maybe going elsewhere. Getzlaf or Ryan? Staying put.

It'll be someone else coming, someone that hasn't been even mentioned perhaps.

I'll ponder it further and get back to y'all.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  06:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read Bob McKenzie's article on Brendan Morrow a couple days ago, suggesting that he may come into play as the deadline nears. He'd be an excellent pickup for a contender. He's not having the best year offensively, which is always a concern for a player over 30 who plays the style he does. But he brings a lot to the table, and can play pretty well any roll. Great leader, shot blocker, is gritty, good defensively, and can score (had 33 goals last season). He's signed for 1 more season at $4.1 million.

Edited by - ryan93 on 01/28/2012 06:33:38
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  08:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing with Morrow is he has a NTC so if he doesn't want to go anywhere then he won't and I can't see him wanting to leave Dallas. Unless they get something very hefty in return, I can't see the Stars pushing him to waive his NTC anyway
Go to Top of Page

Guest0168
( )

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  09:14:37  Reply with Quote
Guest 4864, pathetic much?!?

Excellent response Alex, very well handled...it seems guest 4864 may be the one who needs a life
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  10:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, i'm slowly learning, as i am usually one to "bite" and get engaged with the "trolls". Baby steps i guess? Lol

Slozo....i don't doubt Burke is working his butt off on something and it's likely not just "tinkering". The other thing Burke is good at, is not waiting for the big deals to start! He's not afraid to go out and make a big splash BEFORE everyone else and much earlier than trade deadline day. You're absolutely right too, no one saw the Phaneuf trade coming, so you never know what to expect!

Ryan / Semin-rules, i've heard Morrow's name tossed around as well. I wonder though, will the Stars want to make any moves like that if they're still in the hunt for a playoff spot, which is where they currently find themselves. He'd be a nice pickup for many teams and he's one of those guys who can provide grit, leadership and some scoring in the right situation. I think he's been a little underrated as a player and i bet some don't even remember him being a part of the 2010 gold medal team! Def a quality pickup for the right team, even with another yeart at 4+ on the books.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9203
( )

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  14:41:34  Reply with Quote
Possible trade between Boston and Toronto i heard on the local radio( Boston radio not Toronto) To Boston : Luke schen to Toronto: Johnny Boychuck, Brad Marchand and Zach Hamil don't know how deep the talks are but these team do like to deal with each other.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  15:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brad Marchand in a leafs jersey
Go to Top of Page

Guest7116
( )

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  15:34:42  Reply with Quote
still waitin for philly to make a move for a dman... pronger is a tough piece to replace
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  17:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7116

still waitin for philly to make a move for a dman... pronger is a tough piece to replace

Keep hearing L. Schenn in a deal including Van Riemsdyk? If not, i've also heard they're interested in Suter?
Go to Top of Page

Guest1451
( )

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  23:09:47  Reply with Quote
Everybody wants Suter. I think Nashville will hang on to him, make the playoffs, and use some of that payday to work out his new contract. Also think it's kind of weird that the Habs would want to trade Moen after making such a big deal of signing him long term. I'm not doubting your information just highlighting the wreckage that Montreal has become. So basically just being a jerk. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  06:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about suter to the redwings?
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  06:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about ryan smyth to the islanders
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  10:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1st trade.........................................

To Toronto...[
/b]]Rick Nash
RJ Umberger

To Colu...
Luke Schenn
M. Kom
Kadri...or... Colbourne

2nd trade...........................................

[b]To Toronto
Ryan Clowe

[b]To San Jose
Carl Gunnar
& a prospect

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  05:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the Leafs:

No way Schenn is moving.

I see one or more of these guys leaving in a trade in the next few days/weeks:
MacArthur, Gunarsson, Aulie, Frattin, Boyce.

On the aforementiond BlueJackets - I think Umberger would be a player that Burke might want, so that's a possibiity.

I am going to go WAY out on a limb and put out a trade possibility that has no validity whatsoever - just a trade I think that Burke would seek out, with a team that is looking to shore up a position where we have guys to deal.

To Toronto:
Danny Briere

To Philadelphia:
Keith Aulie, Matt Frattin and a 2nd round draft pick.

What'dya think?

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  08:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

For the Leafs:

No way Schenn is moving.

On the aforementiond BlueJackets - I think Umberger would be a player that Burke might want, so that's a possibiity.

I am going to go WAY out on a limb and put out a trade possibility that has no validity whatsoever - just a trade I think that Burke would seek out, with a team that is looking to shore up a position where we have guys to deal.

To Toronto:
Danny Briere

To Philadelphia:

What'dya think?

Does Briere fit the mold of "first line centre" that Burke is looking for? He's certainly a talented hockey player... also, I don't know if PHI would be looking to part ways with Briere, he is such a great playoff performer, if PHI wants to go deep this year they have to want him.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  10:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Briere isn't going anywhere. He's a great playoff performer & the Flyers need him. And even if Philly were in a position where they were going to miss the playoffs & be sellers (obviously that isn't the case)...I don't really see Toronto being all that interested.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  10:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

For the Leafs:

No way Schenn is moving.

To Toronto:
Danny Briere

To Philadelphia:

What'dya think?

Does Briere fit the mold of "first line centre" that Burke is looking for? He's certainly a talented hockey player... also, I don't know if PHI would be looking to part ways with Briere, he is such a great playoff performer, if PHI wants to go deep this year they have to want him.

To answer your first question: yes.
No, Briere is not big by any stretch, but he's a legitimate top line centre with loads of speed and skill. Would be a (foreseeable) perfect fit alongside the speedy Kessel and hard-charging Lupul.

I also don't know if Philly would be willing to part with him, but they also have Jagr now for the playoffs (was a monster in the second season usually, with a lot mor grit) and loads of secondary scoring, alongside the gritty Hartnell. Most importantly . . . Philly will definitely want to shore up the defence with some size, and quite possibly some more offense with the loss of Pronger. Myself, I think they will consentrate more on a physical defenceman, knowing that complete players like Pronger don't grow on trees, and they already have Timmonen and Carle.

I think if Burke knew that Briere could be had for a price, the Leafs would have the pieces that Philly might want. Only thing is that they might meet in the playoffs, something both GMs would be leery of.

Why do you think the VanRiemsdyk/Schenn rumours started? Probably out of Philly, wanting the Schenn brothers reunited, and a hard hitting physical d-man on their team.

It's just the kind of red herring rumour to throw the media off the scent of a similar trade involving totally different players . . .

. . . or, maybe not! Who knows?

I'll amend my original "imagined trade", thinking about the need for sending back a centre to Philly:

to Toronto:
D. Briere, prospect

To Philly:
Bozak, Aulie, 2nd rounder
(+ Toronto would have to shed some salary)

Edited by - n/a on 01/30/2012 11:32:29
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  15:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think if Burke knew that Briere could be had for a price, the Leafs would have the pieces that Philly might want. Only thing is that they might meet in the playoffs, something both GMs would be leery of.

Why do you think the VanRiemsdyk/Schenn rumours started? Probably out of Philly, wanting the Schenn brothers reunited, and a hard hitting physical d-man on their team.

It's just the kind of red herring rumour to throw the media off the scent of a similar trade involving totally different players . . .

. . . or, maybe not! Who knows?

I'll amend my original "imagined trade", thinking about the need for sending back a centre to Philly:

to Toronto:
D. Briere, prospect

To Philly:
Bozak, Aulie, 2nd rounder
(+ Toronto would have to shed some salary)

The problem with this trade is that it very likely does not help PHI this year. I agree, they need help on defense for the playoffs - but are Aulie or Frattin going to help them this year? While good prospects, neither one is playing regularly for the Leafs now. Are they the guys that are going to replace the gaping hole left by Pronger in May and June? No. So why is PHI giving up one of their best playoff performers for them now, just before the playoffs?

If PHI is going to trade players like Briere and JVR, I would think they'll use those players to try and land someone like Suter - or Schenn. The Schenn for JVR trade sounded much more plausible - JVR is the type of big winger that Burke covets (how many times do I have to hear Burke saying that the Leafs need to get bigger), and Schenn is someone that could step in and help PHI today, and although he'd be green, in the playoffs too.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8850
( )

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  15:44:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

how about ryan smyth to the islanders

For Mark Striet
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  16:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that JVR might already be a Leaf had it not been for his concussion issues! Burkie loves to trade early and it was rumoured he was interested, now JVR's name comes up far less frequently.

Replacing Pronger is pretty difficult. The Flyers may have to go the way Beans describes the Canucks D, that being, no superstar, but nice depth. It's prob their only hope at this point. Suter is arguably a "stud" and Schenn may be one day, but certainly not at this point.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  05:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I think that JVR might already be a Leaf had it not been for his concussion issues! Burkie loves to trade early and it was rumoured he was interested, now JVR's name comes up far less frequently.

Replacing Pronger is pretty difficult. The Flyers may have to go the way Beans describes the Canucks D, that being, no superstar, but nice depth. It's prob their only hope at this point. Suter is arguably a "stud" and Schenn may be one day, but certainly not at this point.

Suter is a stud d-man I'd say. Schenn will never be, I don't think, as he doesn't have the offensive capabalities . . . but he will be a top hard-nosed defensive guy, sure.

Unless Philly was willing to part with JVR for a player other than Schenn, I don't see Burke biting on that. Trust me, Schenn will only leave if it's for a true #1 centre, he is a very valuable piece to the Leafs IMHO, and management is high on him.

To the other posters - Aulie has played significant and important minutes in the NHL, and he has already shown his immense promise while playing as Phaneuf's partner last half of last year. He can easily play right away, no question.

He has only been on and off the Leafs roster due to the sudden and unexpected emergence of Gardiner, FYI. Aulie played Jan 17 (13:46 min), Jan 14 (18:42), Jan 13 (17:17), Jan 10 (18:59), Jan 7 (19:35) . . . you get the picture. As you see, it wasn't 6th defenceman minutes either.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  05:46:34  Reply with Quote
personally i don't think Burke is interested in Briere at all, and if he is i'd be pissed off. why would he want a 34 year old center? especially one that comes with a cap hit of 6.5M until the end of the 2014-15 season? unless he's chasing the Cup this year (which he isn't) then this trade makes no sense, especially for the potential cost of some very valuable young talent.
if he's going to give away some of our future then I'd prefer if he were to focus on a player that has a lot more mileage left. going after a guy like Briere would be following in the same steps of previous Leafs GM's. short term production, no Cup, and eventually no future either.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  06:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9203

Possible trade between Boston and Toronto i heard on the local radio( Boston radio not Toronto) To Boston : Luke schen to Toronto: Johnny Boychuck, Brad Marchand and Zach Hamil don't know how deep the talks are but these team do like to deal with each other.

Dream on.............
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  07:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same old story for Philly IMO, the team is fine, the revolving door between the pipes is the issue as usual. Until they get a real, LEGITIMATE goalie, all other moves are cosmetic.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  08:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

Same old story for Philly IMO, the team is fine, the revolving door between the pipes is the issue as usual. Until they get a real, LEGITIMATE goalie, all other moves are cosmetic.

Well, i'm guessing they're hoping Ilya Bryzgalov is "LEGITIMATE" considering they signed him to a 9 year deal?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  10:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6786

personally i don't think Burke is interested in Briere at all, and if he is i'd be pissed off. why would he want a 34 year old center? especially one that comes with a cap hit of 6.5M until the end of the 2014-15 season? unless he's chasing the Cup this year (which he isn't) then this trade makes no sense, especially for the potential cost of some very valuable young talent.
if he's going to give away some of our future then I'd prefer if he were to focus on a player that has a lot more mileage left. going after a guy like Briere would be following in the same steps of previous Leafs GM's. short term production, no Cup, and eventually no future either.

I didn't say Burke was interested - it's just an imaginary trade made up by yours truly. If you don't like it fine - come up with something better, wiseguy.

6.5 mil is expensive, I'll give you that - but only for another 2 years is not terribly long. Still a first line center with great skill.

Would love to hear your "under the radar trade"?

Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  12:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally i would like (however unlikely to happen) to see Carter come to TOR. i would be willing to give up the puck hog grabovski. and the speedy lombardi. i say those two because i feel that grabo is the odd man out in centre in toronto these days and lombardi was a salary dump last year he could be great but he hasn't been so far this year. also this lets bozak move to the second line and lets connolly continue to make kadri look good. so in summary
to TOR
J. Carter
to CBJ
M. Grabovski
M. Lombardi
lets here the opinions.

that being said i think Carter wants to wait out his contract and then sign as a free agent where ever mike richards is.......

Edited by - mandree888 on 01/31/2012 13:00:29
Go to Top of Page

Guest5744
( )

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  13:25:21  Reply with Quote
carter will warrant a first rounder or prospect and a decent roster player not a couple mismatches on the leafs
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  13:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

personally i would like (however unlikely to happen) to see Carter come to TOR. i would be willing to give up the puck hog grabovski. and the speedy lombardi. i say those two because i feel that grabo is the odd man out in centre in toronto these days and lombardi was a salary dump last year he could be great but he hasn't been so far this year. also this lets bozak move to the second line and lets connolly continue to make kadri look good. so in summary
to TOR
J. Carter
to CBJ
M. Grabovski
M. Lombardi
lets here the opinions.

that being said i think Carter wants to wait out his contract and then sign as a free agent where ever mike richards is.......

Carter has another 10 years to go on his contract, so I don't think he's thinking about "playing it out".

If CBJ does not want to keep Carter, I think he would be a highly sought-after commodity come trade time. He is signed to a long term deal, but it is cap friendly at 5.2M per year, for a great 2-way player capable of playing centre and wing that, until this year, was good for 30+g and 65-70 pts a season. Even with a crap team and year in Columbus, he's on pace to keep his g/game and p/game numbers.

As much as I think TOR could use Carter, this package is not the one thats going to do it. Lombardi is essentially a throw-away - his best years are behind him, and barring one promising season in PHX he's never really produced much other than speedy skating and streaky scoring.

So, you're basically trading Carter for Grabo - if I'm CBJ, I keep Carter, he's simply the better player.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  14:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the name came up, how about;

To Edmonton - Jeff Carter

To Columbus - Ales Hemsky
2012 1st Round draft pick

Cap hit stays the same, Edmonton gets a trigger man with size and grit to play with Eberle and Hopkins.

Columbus gets a top 6 forward and what will probably be a top 3 pick.

?

Edited by - fat_elvis_rocked on 01/31/2012 14:31:51
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  16:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Cap hit stays the same, Edmonton gets a trigger man with size and grit to play with Eberle and Hopkins.

?

Seems pretty fair, though 2 things come to mind. First, would Hemsky want to resign there? No offense to Columbus, but it's not the most attractive place for FA's, mostly due to their history of weak teams. Second, would Edm want to commit that kinda $ to Carter when they know they've got their core of youngsters to keep in mind when thinking salary cap?

FER, i do like the trade as far as being pretty even (actually think CBJ would do well to get that much due to the fact the pick could be very high, maybe top 3 like you said).
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  17:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strictly dreaming, bad attitude or not, Carter with the two young prodigies(yes, I am biased), could be good for 40 or more easily. That combined with his 5.3/year cap hit, could work favorably as a measuring stick when the the 2 young demi-gods(again, biased), are looking to be resigned.

16 - 17 mil/year on that trio would be a bargain, I would think.

Ahhhh, to dream......
Go to Top of Page

Guest0903
( )

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  18:46:36  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

?

If Columbus was to make that trade, I think they should let Edmonton draft the player... Columbus doesn't seem to have much luck at that game
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  21:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I'm the Oilers, no way I give up what is likely to be a lottery pick for Jeff Carter.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page