Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 NJD vs. OTT Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  15:45:01  Show Profile
Poll Question:
The New Jersey Devils are facing the Ottawa Senators in the second round. Who is winning this series? Me, I think Ottawa will take this series in game 5. New Jersey has goaltending and offence. Brodeur has not been showing very much hope for the Devils either. Ottawa has good goaltending, great offence and a strong defence. Ottawa will just run New Jersey over. What you guys think?

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~

Choices:

New Jersey
Ottawa

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  15:54:12  Show Profile
I think the devil will win mainly because Ottawa chokes in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs but hey you never know

Viktor Kozlov is my hero
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  16:07:13  Show Profile
TB almost beat NJ with one line. Ottawa is a 3.5-line attack, with equal if not better defense. I think Ottawa will take it, despite their "history".
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  16:10:19  Show Profile
See what Bab's said. Heatley-Alfredsson-Spezza are very similar to St. Louis-Lecavalier-Prospal. Difference is that Ottawa has 3 other lines and a far superior defense to TB. The difference in this series will be Emery. If he can come close to .900, they will win.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  16:21:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

See what Bab's said. Heatley-Alfredsson-Spezza are very similar to St. Louis-Lecavalier-Prospal. Difference is that Ottawa has 3 other lines and a far superior defense to TB. The difference in this series will be Emery. If he can come close to .900, they will win.

I agree with this totally. The similarities between the top line of the Lightning and Senators are uncanny.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  20:20:27  Show Profile
As much as it pains me to say this (the sens are my #2 team), I have no doubt that NJD will win....Marty's looking like Marty again, and that Devils system is the system I will pick to win the cup EVERY year....So GO SENS GO, but I don't think they can pull that off....It's nothing against them, I just think NJD will always be the favorite in the Playoffs.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Go to Top of Page

BigShow
Rookie

177 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  21:46:19  Show Profile
The Devils are going ot get crushed. The only thing that will keep it from being an embarassment will be Brodeur. Look for his playoff GAA to be pushed over 3.00 by the end of game 5 (for the current season only of course).

Edited by - BigShow on 04/22/2007 21:47:17
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  03:46:24  Show Profile
Oh man, this is gonna be good! I think NJ in 7 but it could go any ones way. I cant wait!!

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  12:22:05  Show Profile
Once again, until proven otherwise, Ottawa will choke. If they make it through this round, I may start to view them as a real playoff contender. On paper, they're scary. We'll see if they possess the intangibles to get the job done.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  12:30:21  Show Profile
If there is a hockey god, we will not have to see the Devils of hockey rise to the top. I did, however, love the look of death that Lamorielo gave Tortortella when he was screaming at him.

Edited by - OILINONTARIO on 04/23/2007 12:31:25
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  12:44:33  Show Profile
Whitewash... Sens in 5.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  15:43:12  Show Profile
Brodeur will have to be on his best like he always is(excluding some of the game s last series) The Devils are such a good defensive team it will be really low scoring games and I say Devils in 7. Close series.
Go to Top of Page

87CrOsBy87
Top Prospect

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  10:49:55  Show Profile
i say devils in 6 just because i dont like ottowa because they knocked out pittsburgh and because ottowa chokes but you never know right

!Go Canucks Go!

CROSBY RULES!
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  19:33:44  Show Profile
We all know Ottawa's gonna win........hopefully

GO SENS GO!

Edited by - HasekFan39 on 04/25/2007 19:34:21
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  15:57:24  Show Profile
What is the deal with Marty Criticizing Ray Emery after game 4? I thought Marty was different than this...I mean guys like Patrick Roy can get away with stuff like that, that's just the way Roy was....But this doesn't suit marty at all. I always thought he was a rather laid back, friendly guy. Hearing about Martin calling out a goalie who has played much better than him this playoffs is a little odd (For Martin).

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  16:01:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

What is the deal with Marty Criticizing Ray Emery after game 4? I thought Marty was different than this...I mean guys like Patrick Roy can get away with stuff like that, that's just the way Roy was....But this doesn't suit marty at all. I always thought he was a rather laid back, friendly guy. Hearing about Martin calling out a goalie who has played much better than him this playoffs is a little odd (For Martin).

Any Ideas why Marty seems off thus far in the playoffs IHC? He just doesn't seem like the Brodeur we all know.
On another note his pizza commercial with Lucky sure made me laugh out loud.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  17:21:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Any Ideas why Marty seems off thus far in the playoffs IHC? He just doesn't seem like the Brodeur we all know.
On another note his pizza commercial with Lucky sure made me laugh out loud.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
[/quote]

I have never been one to claim Marty is one of the top 10 of all-time.......He has ALWAYS had a habit of allowing soft goals. People just don't notice because people don't typically watch Devils games...His style is more improv than anything. He has never been one to set up like, say Luongo, and as a result if you quickly fire a shot when he isn't ready, you'll have a chance to score.
I think Martin is a GOOD goalie, but, in spite of the 3 cups, he will never be one that I would dub a great goalie...For example, I think if you were to ask most "scholars" of goaltending, they would admit that Ed Belfour is a substantially better goaltender.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  16:42:20  Show Profile
I hope NJ wins, but I think it's going to be Ottawa. Brodeur has not been doing well in the playoffs. The Sens can celebrate now, but just wait till the third round when Buffalo throws you out

Funny how the Senators are playing the Devils. Is there much difference between a politician and New Jersey's mascot? Lol
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  21:04:48  Show Profile
No, but the Sens play way better.

LEAFS SUCK
HABS SUCK
DEVILS SUCK
GO SENS GO!

Edited by - HasekFan39 on 05/05/2007 21:05:47
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  21:09:32  Show Profile
I think Ottawa is gonna win in 7 games. Buffalo is almost losing to NYR, but I'm cheering for Bufallo.

LEAFS SUCK
HABS SUCK
DEVILS SUCK
GO SENS GO!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  08:54:16  Show Profile
Well, it ain't goin to game 7
What a good game, but Ottawa was just all over them.

~~~Don't focus on where your going, focus on where you going to go~~~
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  15:30:08  Show Profile
Brodeur really didn't play his game in that series. And great effort by the Sens. Gonna be a good series BufvsOtt
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  12:38:14  Show Profile
Final: Ottawa in 5.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To: