Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Should Canadians have a beef against Bourque? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  16:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

[
Last, you people are (as per usual) making a mountain out of a mole hill. Do I think it is un-Canadian to decline an international tournament if you are healthy and everything in your life (dying mothers aside) is fine? Yeah. So what?

It doesn't mean I dislike these guys or won't cheer for them in the future. Don Cherry said it best to the ones that decline for no valid reason..."Shame on you".

I'm actually glad you quoted Don Cherry again, cause this is really the crux of the matter. I think he is just plain wrong, and his choice of words are particularly wrong cause it's one thing to say "I don't like the choice" (which I think Beans was saying for instance) and it is another thing to go the extra step of saying the choice is shameful. Like this choice or not, there was nothing shameful in these circumstances. I love Donny C, but I gotta disagree.

By the way, flyguy, you may remember that this discussion all started with my comment about Gretzky whining in the Sid thread. We veered to Bourque cause you brought him and the Canada thing up when I said basically, "Look at Bourque - he didn't whine". As I said in that thread, I find most sports stars whine so it doesn't bother me that much, though I won't be a big fan of someone who does. BUT, if we are going to label what Bourque did shameful, then, sorry flydude, Gretzky's whining conduct throughout his career has to be looked at as even more shameful.

"You are not only insane, but you also hate your kids" fly4apuckguy

Edited by - andyhack on 05/12/2007 21:31:41
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  22:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Between a whiner who delivers my country a gold medal and a stand-up guy that stays home, I'll take the whiner.

Thanks for immortalizing my insane/hate kids line. My best work, really.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz

Edited by - fly4apuckguy on 05/13/2007 06:10:25
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  02:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought you would say that. We agree to disagree on this one, and actually, I believe that I managed to come through this thread without being called insane, ridiculous or a friggin donkey, so you behaved relatively well. Good job, flyguy!

Edit - LAST point before heading off on a Mother's day road trip - again, just to frame your argument properly, what you really should have said is this,

"Between a whiner who HELPS TO deliver my country a gold medal and a stand-up guy that CHOOSES to stay home ONCE IN '96 (AND ONE OR TWO OTHER LESS IMPORTANT OCCASIONS) WHEN HE WAS ALREADY IN HIS MID TO LATE 30s IN ORDER TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS FAMILY (AFTER REPRESENTING CANADA ADMIRABLY, AND WITH HONOR AND LOYALTY, SEVERAL TIMES), I'll take the whiner."

"You are not only insane, but you also hate your kids" fly4apuckguy

Edited by - andyhack on 05/13/2007 04:49:38
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  06:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyhack

I thought you would say that. We agree to disagree on this one, and actually, I believe that I managed to come through this thread without being called insane, ridiculous or a friggin donkey, so you behaved relatively well. Good job, flyguy!

Condescend much?

If friggin donkey is the worst you've ever been called considering how you like to try and initiate problems, I'd say you got off light.

Mario Lemieux on his off-season training habits: "I don't order fries with my club sandwich."
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  06:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think my work is done here.

I actually assumed this would be a good place to talk hockey, not be called names and have every opinion ganged up upon by a "clique of board lords".

I think you'll agree if you read the bulk of my posts, I'm one of the most knowledgable hockey people around. I'm sure that a few of you will now call me names because I just wrote that, but deep down you know it is true.

I surely did not join to be chased off by a selection of people with no sense of humor and who sit there and analyze every single typed word with Shakesperean precision, but that appears to be the case.

I guess what you really want are people who agree with you and who don't challenge your opionions. That's exactly what you'll get.

I won't be around for you to call me names for saying that, so save your breath.

Mario Lemieux on his off-season training habits: "I don't order fries with my club sandwich."
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  07:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

Actually, I think my work is done here.

I actually assumed this would be a good place to talk hockey, not be called names and have every opinion ganged up upon by a "clique of board lords".

I think you'll agree if you read the bulk of my posts, I'm one of the most knowledgable hockey people around. I'm sure that a few of you will now call me names because I just wrote that, but deep down you know it is true.

I surely did not join to be chased off by a selection of people with no sense of humor and who sit there and analyze every single typed word with Shakesperean precision, but that appears to be the case.

I guess what you really want are people who agree with you and who don't challenge your opionions. That's exactly what you'll get.

I won't be around for you to call me names for saying that, so save your breath.

I don't know about most knowledgeable, but definitely most arrogant.
Are you saying you're leaving the forum? Do you always give up so easily?
Come on Fly, stick around. I'd like to see you stay. You have lots to say and knowledge to share.
You just have to understand that if you dish it out you will get it back. Both you and Andyhack seem to be the types that need to reply to every response(have the last word). I enjoy debating(arguing) but sometimes it gets to a point where it's tiresome and it's off on a tangent, so much so that you can't remember what the original issue was. Just let it go sometimes guys.

Stick around Fly. As much as you piss me off sometimes I'd still rather you be here and generate discussions.
Cheers,
Willus

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

Edited by - willus3 on 05/13/2007 07:23:17
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  10:41:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Fly, I never intended to be a "board lord"; I am in high school and there are cliques everywhere--I don't like it either. I only debate your posts if I disagree with your opinion, as I do for everyone else on this board. And I don't mean to seem like I'm analyzing every detail you write in precision and making big deals out of little things. Believe me, I don't even have the patience to sit at a computer and do that. Writing in detail in English class is about all I can take. In fact, with most of your posts I say nothing, and often I agree. It's not like I'm thinking "whenever flyguy posts something I have to jump in and refute it!" That's ridiculous, all I'm doing is debating with yet another member if our opinions differ, it's not like I'm targeting your posts. Just want to make that clear.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/13/2007 10:44:10
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  15:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fly4apuckguy - if you are out there, I too hope you do not leave this site. With one exception about 10 years ago, it seems that in my whole life I have never made someone as angry as I have you here on this site. You may not believe this, but I feel bad that I made you so upset that you want to leave. On the other hand, I do feel that some of the ways you said things (particularly in the Gretzky threads), were at least a little "arrogant", to use Willis's word, and needed to be responded to strongly by someone. Though I can't apologize for that, as mentioned in an earlier post by me, I DO respect your hockey knowledge. I would hope that you stay! I will promise this - in the future, no matter how outraged, I'll try my hardest to avoid using any of the labels used in the last few days for you - I'll try to keep the word to "arrogant" if I ever feel it is necessary.

Willus, I get your point about letting it go sometimes. Sometimes I am indeed the type not to give up in debates, but what's funny is that generally speaking in my life I have actually more often been accused by others of being TOO nice a guy in debates or confrontations.

Anyway, hope everyone had a great Sunday!

Edited by - andyhack on 05/13/2007 15:23:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page