Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Halak or Elliot?? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  13:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This could be a big question for playoff pools. Who would you take in the playoff pool. Elliot has a .940 sv% and 1.54 GAA, while Halak has .926 sv% and 1.97 GAA, but both are in the top 10 of the league in both departments (Elliot as actually first in both.) However Halak has shown he can play well in the playoff with his run a few years ago with the Canadiens, where he actually stole the job near the end of round 1. Could he do that again to Elliot?

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

Guest8875
( )

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  18:11:20  Reply with Quote
I think Halak can steal the job and the real question is can Elliot handle the pressure and keep his?
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  18:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard any official word from the Blues camp, but judging from all reports I've read in recent weeks Jaroslav Halak is expected to start game 1.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  19:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

I haven't heard any official word from the Blues camp, but judging from all reports I've read in recent weeks Jaroslav Halak is expected to start game 1.

Exactly! If anyone's got a job to lose, it's Halak from what i've heard. Personally, unless when choosing a goalie, your pool allows you "team goalies", i'd avoid St. Louis as fast as i would Vancouver!
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  04:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Exactly! If anyone's got a job to lose, it's Halak from what i've heard. Personally, unless when choosing a goalie, your pool allows you "team goalies", i'd avoid St. Louis as fast as i would Vancouver!

That's kind of what I was leaning towards, avoiding taking a St. Louis goalie.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  05:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear Halak is starting, but it'll quickly go to Elliot if it's a big loss at any point.

It is a tough decision, as you say . . . because a deep run by the Blues will probably only see the team ride one hot goalie. So, going by that logic, and knowing that Halak is starting . . . I'd have him ahead of Elliot, knowing that unless things fall apart, they ride him to the end.

On my personal goalie list, I'm putting Halak at about #5 or 6 from the top.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4753
( )

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  10:35:03  Reply with Quote
It sounds like Halak may get the green, but in my opinion - run Elliot while he's hot and his confidence is high.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8645
( )

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  11:29:02  Reply with Quote
No Doubt Halak starts. He's there #1 and has strong playoff experiences.
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  12:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't really paid attention to who was starting down the stretch, but if Elliott is still playing well, I can't see him not getting the start. He'll have a very short leash though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page