Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Bryan Fogarty Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  18:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thoughts on Bryan Fogarty's career and life?
Here is a tragic story of a guy who had all the talent in the world but couldn't conquer his demons.
http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=10487

He battled depression and was an alcoholic but his talent was undeniable.

"He had everything. He could skate like the wind. He could see anybody on the ice. He could make the perfect pass. He was as talented as anybody I've seen in junior hockey. He broke all of Bobby Orr's records. Everybody was telling me you can't go wrong with him." - Maurice Filion, former Quebec GM, who drafted Bryan Fogarty with the Nordiques' first pick in 1987, six picks ahead of Quebec's second selection, Joe Sakic

"Mats Sundin told me this: 'Bryan Fogarty could skate faster, shoot harder and pass crisper drunk than the rest of us could sober.'" - Max Offenberger

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  06:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does no one remember Bryan?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Guest4009
( )

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  10:59:07  Reply with Quote
I remember him well. In fact, I took him in my hockey draft in his rookie year. He didn't do so well, if I remember right. He was friends with John Kordic, who also died before his time. I think there was a documentary made about them living together at one time, trying to keep each other clean.
In today's NHL, I bet they would have been able to help him. Not because they care more (which I think they do, in general) but because there's too much money on the table to let a prime talent like that slip away.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  11:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember him clearly as well..

WHAT a talent...

WHAT a waste of talent...

The guy really had amazing elite skills... Natural born skater... But just couldnt get his life in order (actually from my recollection, he really didnt even want to - he was pretty happy just doing his thing and having fun and wasnt driven to accomplish anything for anyone).

Man thou... it would have been interesting to see what he could have developed into if things were a bit different.... Record books could have been changed.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  02:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot that he died.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: