Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Stanley Cup Championship 2007 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest7023
( )

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  12:35:03  Reply with Quote
Although I'm Canadian, GO DUCKS GO! They have more Canadian players on their team than Ottawa does and in my mind that's more Canadian than a team with mostly European players.
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  13:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I anticipated, Anaheim dominated 5-5 play in game 1, and, unless something strange happens, this will continue. The fact is Anaheim is the total package - speed, finesse and power (something the sabes ultimately lacked). If they can stay out of the box, Anaheim will win this series easily.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

Guest0257
( )

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  15:47:03  Reply with Quote
You guys who are cheering for ottawa are a disgrace to the world
it woud be a joke for the stanley cup to go to a canadian team, that would be class a BULLs***!!!!! ehh????
canada is just the worst country in the world eh? HAHAHAHAHAHAthey live in igloos and have sex with beavers, the ANIMALS!!!!!1
All im saying is that the NHL should never allow the cup to be in a canadian city
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0257

You guys who are cheering for ottawa are a disgrace to the world
it woud be a joke for the stanley cup to go to a canadian team, that would be class a BULLs***!!!!! ehh????
canada is just the worst country in the world eh? HAHAHAHAHAHAthey live in igloos and have sex with beavers, the ANIMALS!!!!!1
All im saying is that the NHL should never allow the cup to be in a canadian city

Your a ****ing idiot. Canada is way better or a hockey country then the U.S.A. WE could kill their hockey team in olymoics and almost nobody in the states watches hockey. So more like it would be a joke for the cup to go to a American city because they don't deserve it.

PS.Atleast we don't bomb people for no reason
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The winner of the Cup deserves it, regardless of what city it's in, because they played well and won it. Enough about "Americans don't watch it you don't deserve it" because without our market there'd hardly be an NHL, so quit complaining.

P.S. Who says bombing terrorists is 'no reason'? That Yugoslavia business was no reason, Clinton's an @sshole, but other than that, you weren't attacked by terrorists so what room do you have to complain about our foreign policy?

That being said, Guest that was a ridiculous comment and you know it's not true. Canadians are not what you described at all. Geez where are the moderators??

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/30/2007 17:25:08
Go to Top of Page

Guest7025
( )

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:49:00  Reply with Quote
Although i'm canadian, GO DUCKS GO! They have more candian players on their team anyway. I'd rather see an american team with lots of canadian players on it win than a canadian team with a bunch of european players on it. Plus they're rivals to Toronto.

I know they didn't make it this year, but GO LEAFS GO!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  19:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7025

I'd rather see an american team with lots of canadian players on it win than a canadian team with a bunch of european players on it. Plus they're rivals to Toronto.

See, that's the thing Canadians. Would you rather have more Canadian players have their names on the Cup or have it known that a Canadian town has a Cup on their record that was partially won by several European players? (It was Alfredsson who GOT them to the finals anyway). Anaheim may get to say it has a Cup on its record, but it was won primarily by Canadians. Keep that in mind.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/30/2007 20:01:31
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

The winner of the Cup deserves it, regardless of what city it's in, because they played well and won it. Enough about "Americans don't watch it you don't deserve it" because without our market there'd hardly be an NHL, so quit complaining.

P.S. Who says bombing terrorists is 'no reason'? That Yugoslavia business was no reason, Clinton's an @sshole, but other than that, you weren't attacked by terrorists so what room do you have to complain about our foreign policy?

That being said, Guest that was a ridiculous comment and you know it's not true. Canadians are not what you described at all. Geez where are the moderators??

I love clinton. But anyways aneheim is gona sweep them 4 games becuase aneheims checking line is now scoring and ottawa can't move the puck past the blue line without losing it.

GO DUCKS. YAY GIANTS
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  15:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ease up on the Canadian/American bashing folks. And there is no need to bring terrorism and foreign policy into the Stanley Cup finals. Further inapproriate posts will be tossed. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  18:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that admin. I just thought "bombing for no reason" was a little harsh, I didn't want that image to stand. But you're right, it's off topic and doesn't belong here. Sorry.

So to get back on topic, the Senators have a pretty good home record, and I saw a poll on NHL.com asking how many of the Sens' home games would they win; 1, 2, or none. What do you all think? I'm thinking maybe they'll win the next one because they want to get back in the series and they'll have the support of their home fans, but I don't think they can hold up against the Ducks long enough. Anaheim's just too strong. Ottawa's big line of Spezza-Heatley-Alfie hasn't been performing up to par. I don't think the home fans cheering behind them will be enough to tie the series, they need to play better. I'm predicting it'll be 3-1 after the Ottawa games. Then the Ducks will win it back at home.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6681
( )

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  07:19:21  Reply with Quote
Someone forgot to tell Ottawa that they're weren't suppose to be in this series anymore....Go Sens.
Pronger is an idiot and should be suspended for remainder of season.
What a great series so far - I really think Ottawa is going to win this series - but I guess they have to win tonight , but if they can pull it off tonight, I think they'll win in 7
Go to Top of Page

Guest2967
( )

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  12:42:24  Reply with Quote
I've never understood why TO fans hate Ottawa... besides everyone from TO thinking they live in the centre of the universe.

Maybe if Toronto actually made a final or *gasp* won a Stanley cup in modern times there could be a rivalry.

Oh well, I guess Toronto fans' lot in life is to cheer for a perennial loser.... which goes further to explain their bitterness than anything.

Now that Ottawa has their legs back after the longest layover yet Anaheim is in trouble. Ottawa knows they can win and it's going to be 3 straight to win it in front of the Ottawa fans who deserve it.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  14:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2967

Now that Ottawa has their legs back after the longest layover yet Anaheim is in trouble. Ottawa knows they can win and it's going to be 3 straight to win it in front of the Ottawa fans who deserve it.

They got their legs back because Pronger was a moron and scored in his own net and the ref called in Ottawa's favor, that was a matter of luck. It wasn't entirely on force. Having said that, Ottawa does want to get back in this and they will play hard. With Pronger suspended, Anaheim is indeed in trouble. I doubt the Sens will win both the next two, even without Pronger the Ducks are strong, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  14:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all those Canadian hockey fans that are supporting the Ducks, with the rationalization that they have more Canadian born players than the Sens do, so they are truly Canada's team, I would like to congratulate you for having supported the Ducks all season long for this very same reason. You HAVE been cheering for the Ducks for the past year, haven't you? No? But, they have more Canadian players than any other team in the league! You certainly couldn't support the Leafs or the Habs or the Canucks! That would be hypocritical. Bring it home, Sens!
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  18:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

To all those Canadian hockey fans that are supporting the Ducks, with the rationalization that they have more Canadian born players than the Sens do, so they are truly Canada's team, I would like to congratulate you for having supported the Ducks all season long for this very same reason. You HAVE been cheering for the Ducks for the past year, haven't you? No? But, they have more Canadian players than any other team in the league! You certainly couldn't support the Leafs or the Habs or the Canucks! That would be hypocritical. Bring it home, Sens!

Great Post, I agree 100%
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  07:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well some are Leafs fans...that's WHY they're not cheering for Ottawa.

And I think, for some Canadian fans, the goal is not to cheer for the team with the most Canadian players all year, they cheer for their home team (Habs, Canucks, etc), and if their home team was in the playoffs or finals they'd still cheer for them. However, if their home team gets kicked out, their second choice is to cheer for the team with most Canadian players. Some see it as more important that a Canadian town gets a Cup on its record, others see it as more important that more Canadian players get their name on the Cup.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  20:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No more "more Canadian" business now, the Cup is on California ice.

The Ducks fought "through the perilous fight" and confetti was "gallantly streaming".
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  20:34:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was cheering for anaheim because of my hockey pool

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page