Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 The Biggest Jackass! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro



USA
338 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  17:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who was the NHL's biggest jackass in the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Choices:

Daniel Alfredsson
Chris Pronger
Other...

(Anonymous Vote)

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  19:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that it was Pronger. Two suspensions doesn't mean you were that nice.

Second place is only first place of the losers.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie



Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  01:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pronger headhits times two, that´s all for no(w)

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  08:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alfredson had one game where he was an idiot, Pronger got suspended twice, I think it's easy to say Pronger was the biggest Jackass

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star



USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  13:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the first suspension wasn't entirely agreed upon that it was harsh enough to be a supsension. Pronger's a big guy and Holmstrom's not, so naturally Holmstrom's gonna go down hard when Pronger hits him. The second hit was a different story however. Both that hit and Alfie's little escapade in game 4 were attmepts to injure players, and it's just a question of which injury would've been worse. A hit to the head is worse than a puck in the shins, but the way Alfredsson planned his hit and set himself up was really more classless than Pronger's hit on McAmmond. And then afterwards he wouldn't admit he did it on purpose, he kinda bounced around it without answering the "Was it intentional" question. Call me biased, but I'm saying Alfredsson.

(BTW, Cherry made a good point about Pronger's hit...he wasn't sure if it was deliberate or if it was more of an accidental bump, and by looking at the footage it's hard to tell...Pronger was looking off ahead of him not really watching what he was doing while he was skating and his elbow slammed into McAmmond's head.)
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  19:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easily Alfie! Prongers two hits where questionable and had many arguments over well on the other hand Alfies hits in the buffalo series where completely delibrite and his SlapShot at Nydimier was classless

I love Charles Wang
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  10:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The two suspensions for Pronger really makes him a jackass but the thing that Alredsonn did was very unsportsmanlike as well. Why didn't the league do anything about Alfredsson?




----------That a boy Selanne----------
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  18:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Well the first suspension wasn't entirely agreed upon that it was harsh enough to be a supsension. Pronger's a big guy and Holmstrom's not, so naturally Holmstrom's gonna go down hard when Pronger hits him. The second hit was a different story however. Both that hit and Alfie's little escapade in game 4 were attmepts to injure players, and it's just a question of which injury would've been worse. A hit to the head is worse than a puck in the shins, but the way Alfredsson planned his hit and set himself up was really more classless than Pronger's hit on McAmmond. And then afterwards he wouldn't admit he did it on purpose, he kinda bounced around it without answering the "Was it intentional" question. Call me biased, but I'm saying Alfredsson.

(BTW, Cherry made a good point about Pronger's hit...he wasn't sure if it was deliberate or if it was more of an accidental bump, and by looking at the footage it's hard to tell...Pronger was looking off ahead of him not really watching what he was doing while he was skating and his elbow slammed into McAmmond's head.)


Good point Mik, but I thought the second one was intentional,

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  22:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought Sean Avery was the biggest jackass of the playoffs, his comments before the buffalo series were so stupid.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  09:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pronger by a landslide...
Go to Top of Page

Crosby IS The Next Wayne
Top Prospect



USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  14:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont kno y the ducks use pronger, i mean, both games that he was suspended for the ducks won....maybe he should get mroe suspensions so the ducks can win more.

"I have to be the difference." - Martin Brodeur
Go to Top of Page

leigh
Moderator



Canada
1601 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  16:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

I thought Sean Avery was the biggest jackass of the playoffs, his comments before the buffalo series were so stupid.

What did Avery say?
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  21:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

I thought Sean Avery was the biggest jackass of the playoffs, his comments before the buffalo series were so stupid.

What did Avery say?



Avery kept saying he hated the Sabres already and he wanted to hurt them.

Just stupid words from a stupid man.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  17:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One would have to think Avery is a real jackass but he adds color to an otherwise dull NHL these days. What would we have to talk about if it wasn't for these outspoken clowns. When Peters did his golfing thing at the Leafs a couple of years ago I thought it was classless but I still laughed at it even though I'm a Leafer. It was hilarious listening to the Toronto media whinning about it for days after. Those kinds of things although wrong adds interest and color to the world's greatest game and I like it. By the way, I would take Avery on the Leafs any day because he can also play.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page