Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 New oilers fan on PickupHockey! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  19:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's offical as of last night I am officially an oilers fan for the season ! After finishing up My fantasy hockey team for the year and reviewing my roster I realized i drafted very heavy into the Oilers this year, RNH, Yakupov, Hall, Perron and Dubnyk all on my roster and i'm mulling over a trade for Justin Schultz, considering i'm in a 14 team league thats a lot of Oilers! looks like i'm rooting for the Oil this season,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  20:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always try to draft my pools to avoid that kind of lopsidedness... even avoiding the "correct" player to take one from different team. Good luck to you though.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  20:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I always try to draft my pools to avoid that kind of lopsidedness... even avoiding the "correct" player to take one from different team. Good luck to you though.

yeah it kinda just happend, it is a keeper pool so I didn't Draft RNH or Hall this season both were hold overs, and then once I was done I noticed the distinct Oiler trend,

I did it a lot without realizing, I also have Stepan Girardi and Nash,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

Edited by - Pasty7 on 09/26/2013 20:53:18
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  08:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
too bad you didn't have a chance to nab Eberle. next to Hall i think he'll have the best season of all these guys.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  09:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I normally don't pile too many players from one team either. I like going for linemates if possible and maybe a stud defensemen from a team I already have a few players from.

As far as the Oilers go, on paper they should score. They have had a top 5 PP team for the past few seasons and they SHOULD be able to score 5 on 5 better than they have. It's risky to take them as they are still somewhat unproven, but if potential meets reality this season you will look like a genius. There are 5 legitimate 50+ point scores and there is a few 80+pt potential guys in Hall, Eberle, RNH, and maybe Yakupov. Gagner is likely a 60 pt guy and Schultz is a 40 pts with a stretch to 50 pt guy.

On paper.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  09:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for your loss!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  13:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see no problem with loading players from Edmonton as long as they are of quality. Don't know if I'd take Dubnyk or find a trade partner, as SO and Wins aren't his strong points. Yakupov and Hall should be great fantasy players. Perron could be a 50-60 point player with a new address. RNH should be a .90 ppg player depending on how many games he can play this year. I don't know if Shultz is worth the effort to trade for him. It depends on who you gotta give up to get Shultz, but if Edmontons fortunes are near potential, he has a high ceiling in the top 20 defenseman. But don't trade for him if you gotta give quality to get him.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2013 :  10:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i approve this
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: