Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Fantastic article on Bobby Orr Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  12:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/09/28/number-bobby-orr-still-number/2QgHMeTyFcjwgoIKj2mlJL/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

Still the greatest.

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  23:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So so article for a so so player.....

j/k Willus. Nice to see you around. Really was a great read actually and even though you'll never convince me he was "the greatest", I do respect him and wouldn't argue that he's top 5, prob even top 3 all time, though that's another debate that's been well played out!

I love the fact that he's doing / done all these great things for others all while wanting NO recognition / limelight for any of it. Solid human being. As solid as they come in fact!

Hope to see / read you as the season progresses!
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  08:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably top 3?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  11:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought i might get flack for that. Though i'm prob one of the older guys on here (43), i'm not old enough to have seen enough of some of these early 70's guys so it's very hard for me to make judgements. However, many who were around argue that Howe is top 3. There's NO WAY anyone will convince me that 99 and 66 aren't in the top 3, so Orr and Howe become my defacto 3 and 4 (said top 5) though not necessarily in that order. Something has to be said for the durability and length of time that Howe played, no? He may not have been as flashy but look at his accomplishments! Heck, Howe was a 1st team all star in the NHL as many times as Orr played seasons (12)!!!
This stuff can and has been argued at length which i'm not interested in anyway, but wanted to clear up my "prob top 3" quote.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page