Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Trade time! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  15:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the recent struggles of the Canucks, the local sports radio program has been inundated with calls from Canucks fans to make a deal or two. So, i'm wondering what trades you all think teams should or could make before the Olympics OR the trade deadline. It doesn't have to be your favorite team, but try to keep the suggestions realistic. A suggestion of D. Keith and P. Sharp for O. Jokinen and a 4th rounder is wasting everyone's time.

I'll start by saying if the Canucks make ANY sort of move, it shouldn't be for a rental as they are more than one piece away from being a serious cup contender in the west. There's Steve Ott talk again in this area but as a pending UFA, i'm not sure he's worth what he'd command, not to mention, he's more of a 3rd liner and not a scorer which would be the #1 issue the Canucks would like to address (lack of scoring).

The interesting talk of the day, with Pierre McGuire, was the possibility of a Ryan O'Reilly deal to Vancouver. I believe the date is Feb 28 when the one year is up in which Colorado couldn't deal him (due to the offer sheet matching they did last year) and there's talk they may be interested in moving him. McGuire thinks the Canucks will be VERY interested, however he won't come cheap! Chris Tanev and Bo Horvat were mentioned though that may not even be enough???

Lastly, after the Kings beat the Blues yet again, St Louis could very well be in the market for a Ryan Miller type upgrade in net??? The Blues are deep everywhere and have two "adequate" goalies, though neither really close to "elite". Buffalo is in total rebuild mode and will def be entertaining offers for Miller's services. How about Miller to St Louis for Elliot, D. Jaskin and 2014 1st rounder (late 1st round). Not sure Buff would be interesting in Elliot or not but will Enroth be the answer? Not even sure that the offer would be enough and it will depend on how many teams have interest in Miller. Also, i don't see St. Louis wanting to trade any of it's core considering how good they've played this year.

Thoughts? Trade suggestions? Wish list for your team?

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  18:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wish list is a potential Kadri + prospects for #1 shutdown defenceman deal. I haven't given up on Kadri, but, in terms of need, fit, and team . . . I think this would be an enormous improvement team-wise. Or, we could keep Kadri, deal Gardiner + picks for a similar-type elite shutdown guy.

For your Vancouver scenario . . . O'Reilly would be an amazing addition to Vancouver, he's a perfect fit - but as you said, wouldn't come cheap. I'd do it in a second for Tanev and Horvat as a GM, but honestly don't see Colorado parting with him unless they get back a stud d-man. It's not happening.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest8014
( )

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  18:09:10  Reply with Quote
why on earth would st-louis trade away assets to get ryan miller? what has he ever won? Elliott has GAA under 2 this year, with a better save percentage, has won 8 of last 10 and is 13-2-2 on the season.
doesn't make any sense.
Hitchcock teams thrive defensively regardless of who there goalie is. Miller has not won a playoff series since 2006! Seriously?
its almost unheard of for a team in playoff contention (let alone a top team) to switch goalies just before the playoffs. my guess is he doesn't get traded until the offsesason.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  07:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with slozo on the tade for the shutdown Dman. but i would personaly lean towars gardiner + for this person. kadri is still young and going to be good ( wow that hurt to say) gardiner is eaily going to be replaced by rielly.
also heard a lot of rumors of o'reilly to TO.

the o'reilly front is confusing heard the P. Roy likes him a lot and doesn't want him traded. but there is A LOT of speculation over him being traded is this because of the offer sheet?
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  07:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll be interesting to see what the Rangers decide to do in the coming weeks. Both Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi are unrestricted this summer, but I just can't envision either being dealt at the deadline despite all of the rumours floating around lately.
I think Callahan will be resigned. Girardi, I'm not sure what his long term future holds, but my prediction is stays in NY for the rest of this season at least.

Michael Del Zotto I thnk will be moved. He needs a change of scenery and a fresh start. I could see him thriving on a team like San Jose.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  16:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its going to be hard for the leafs to make any moves this season mandree888....they are cap maxed....if the leafs bring in any major cap player, the same cap has to move out.

If the leafs were to acquire a player like O`Reilly, whats his cap hit ??...around 5 mill per season ??....its ok to say Gardiner plus other tangibles to make the deal work but the Av`s have to take back O`Reillys cap hit for the deal to work out in Toronto......In reality, who would the Av`s really be interested in off Toronto who would make their team better than it already is with O`Reilly ???......considering that the same cap hit would have to be swapped.

Look for this deal you talk about to happen more-so in the off season when the cap rises.....the leafs will bring in a big - splash player but it will likely be this summer.

I`ve always said the leafs need a # 1 center and i still think they do...but...the chemistry between kessel - Bozak and JVR right now is undeniable.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  17:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Its going to be hard for the leafs to make any moves this season mandree888....they are cap maxed....if the leafs bring in any major cap player, the same cap has to move out.

If the leafs were to acquire a player like O`Reilly, whats his cap hit ??...around 5 mill per season ??....its ok to say Gardiner plus other tangibles to make the deal work but the Av`s have to take back O`Reillys cap hit for the deal to work out in Toronto......In reality, who would the Av`s really be interested in off Toronto who would make their team better than it already is with O`Reilly ???......considering that the same cap hit would have to be swapped.

Look for this deal you talk about to happen more-so in the off season when the cap rises.....the leafs will bring in a big - splash player but it will likely be this summer.

I`ve always said the leafs need a # 1 center and i still think they do...but...the chemistry between kessel - Bozak and JVR right now is undeniable.

Duke.....the problem with the O'Reilly thing come the end of the season is he becomes a FA. Yes, an RFA, not UFA, but still, he'll prob be looking for a raise on the 5M he's currently making!!!

As for the Bozak thing, let's face it, every team would love to have an Eric Lindros clone at C, but it's not necessarily mandatory. In the Naslund/Bertuzzi heyday, it was Brendan Morrison who centered that line for most of the time those two were effective! I think of Morrison as a 55pt guy who had a few better years playing with those two in their prime. There's really no reason to think that Bozak can't be similar, and maybe even better. If they can clear the room for O'Reilly, he may end up as the #2 center anyway, which would be a nice way to help balance out the scoring in TO.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4400
( )

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  05:47:43  Reply with Quote
I wanna see the Jets move Byfuglien and get something good in return, he's not doing it on D, and he's not liking playing wing either, so I think we could get some good players for him.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  06:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry for the confusion duke. i never said gardiner + for o reilly i said gardiner + for a shutdown Dman. O'Rielly is a centre.......
and i wouldn't trade for him until i knew for sure what bolland wanted to do. if bolland wants to resign i keep him over o'rielly imo.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  07:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mandree - even more Toronto fans I feel would put Gardiner over Kadri. And hey, I think he'll be a very fine defenceman one day . . . it's just that I think we have an even better future A+ d-man in Reilly on our squad. AND, too many offence-first d-men on our team anyways.

Would LOVE to have Ryan O'Reilly on Toronto . . . but surely this would mean a centre would have to go back the other way. And I don't see it being Bozak, not these days. It's be Kadri - and that could almost be a close to straight up deal, depending on what Colorado thinks of Kadri's upside. Either way, O'Reilly has an expiring contract, and Kadri is even younger and cheaper right now . . . so I think it would be extremely close to a one-for-one deal.

Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  08:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ant particular reason why the Av`s haven`t signed O`Reilley ??.....any baggage kicking around there...
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  08:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was going to mention, if the leafs obtain O`Reilley....that bumps Bolland back to # 3, basically the same role he had in Chi....i wonder if thats what Bolland is looking for ??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  08:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Was going to mention, if the leafs obtain O`Reilley....that bumps Bolland back to # 3, basically the same role he had in Chi....i wonder if thats what Bolland is looking for ??

Bolland was ALWAYS designated as the #3 centre behind Bozak and Kadri to start the season, and even now with him out and injured.

Holland has turned into a very solid pick-up for us, and I can see him as great potential trade-bait, or even fitting in on a fourth line, future third line role perhaps.

But if we were to get O'Reilly . . . like I said, it's have to be Bolland or Kadri going the other way, no way they deal Bozak, and no way they keep Kadri, Bolland and O'Reilly to have one of those three centering the fourth line if all are healthy.

Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  12:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I AGREE COMPLETELY slozo what i was saying is IF bolland decides he wants to resign with us no trade happens at all. if he doesn't want to resign with us we swing a deal to bring in o"reilly. i personally would keep kadri and package maybee holland and gardiner to nab him although tha to me seems kinda low.......
done in the offseason when the cap goes up so that it doesn't kill us

Edited by - mandree888 on 01/21/2014 12:48:39
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  19:14:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

It'll be interesting to see what the Rangers decide to do in the coming weeks. Both Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi are unrestricted this summer, but I just can't envision either being dealt at the deadline despite all of the rumours floating around lately.
I think Callahan will be resigned. Girardi, I'm not sure what his long term future holds, but my prediction is stays in NY for the rest of this season at least.

Michael Del Zotto I thnk will be moved. He needs a change of scenery and a fresh start. I could see him thriving on a team like San Jose.

That didn't take long! On the surface I don't really like this deal. Del Zotto should of had greater value then Klein. With Girardi set to become a UFA at seasons end it's hard not to wonder if Klein, who is signed until the end of the 2017-18 season, was brought in for insurance in case he walks (or if Slats plans on dealing him).
Go to Top of Page

Guest3792
( )

Posted - 01/28/2014 :  15:54:31  Reply with Quote
1st) Klein for 5 years > Del Zotto for 1 year. Hands down everytime. Nasville needs to resign this guy and hope they can turn his career in the right direction just for a chance at winning this trade.
2nd) Hearing lots of David Legwand rumours...
3rd) Hearing lots of Andrew Ladd rumours...
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2014 :  16:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Miller rumours continue to swirl, with Minnesota allegedly offering Heatly (not sure Buff would want him), a 1st AND either Charlie Coyle or Mikael Granlund. That's a pretty good return imo, i just don't know if Miller would wanna go there? It's not like they're a contender this year at least? However, there's not a lot of teams which are considered serious contenders that need a top tier goalie!

St. Louis continues to be mentioned in the running for Miller as well. No offers that i've heard of have come about just yet.

The other one being reported is a possible R. Bourque for PA Parenteau deal? One source claims Montreal turned it down, the other says Colorado did? Not sure if this one gets done or not?

Obviously Vanek and Moulsen are mentioned frequently as well?
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2014 :  18:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3792

1st) Klein for 5 years > Del Zotto for 1 year. Hands down everytime. Nasville needs to resign this guy and hope they can turn his career in the right direction just for a chance at winning this trade.
2nd) Hearing lots of David Legwand rumours...
3rd) Hearing lots of Andrew Ladd rumours...

Not necessarily Guest3792. Klein is ideally a 3rd pairing defensemen. To me he is overpaid at $3 million a season. Del Zotto is 6 years younger, and shown in the past he can be an above average offensive defensemen capable of playing at least top 4 minutes ( he played at 40 point pace the previous 2 seasons while averaging 23 minutes a night).
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  13:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lots of talk recently about WPG, and Ladd or Kane being on the move. Not surprisingly, the Canucks are rumored to be in the hunt for either (both are local boys), and either would be a huge addition to the team.

I'm not sure what would have to go the other way though, neither would be cheap. I'd be more than happy to see Edler go the other way as part of a package, or perhaps straight up.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  23:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

lots of talk recently about WPG, and Ladd or Kane being on the move. Not surprisingly, the Canucks are rumored to be in the hunt for either (both are local boys), and either would be a huge addition to the team.

I'm not sure what would have to go the other way though, neither would be cheap. I'd be more than happy to see Edler go the other way as part of a package, or perhaps straight up.

I'm really hoping they (the Canucks / MG) don't do too much. I'd love to have Ladd or Kane, especially at their age as we'd have them for the long haul, but I worry about a "rental". I keep hearing Matt Moulson's name? NO! The Canucks are a better team with Matt Moulson, but they're still at least 2 more pieces away from being a serious contender with him.

As for Edler, I guess he'd have to agree to waive his NTC if he were part of a deal? 2 years ago I'd have said the Canucks were crazy to even consider dealing Edler. Now, I'd be okay with it. He's really not panned out the way I'd expected/hoped. It's a shame. He really does have all the tools, but he just continues to be inconsistent and uninterested on some nights? I think It'd take more than Edler to get Kane and maybe even for Ladd?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  08:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
As for Edler, I guess he'd have to agree to waive his NTC if he were part of a deal? 2 years ago I'd have said the Canucks were crazy to even consider dealing Edler. Now, I'd be okay with it. He's really not panned out the way I'd expected/hoped. It's a shame. He really does have all the tools, but he just continues to be inconsistent and uninterested on some nights? I think It'd take more than Edler to get Kane and maybe even for Ladd?

I think most people had very high expectations of Edler after a couple of very good seasons - the next coming if Lidstrom type expectations. But he has proven to be inconsistent, both in scoring ability and ability to use his size, and just isn't as effective as you would hope he would be.

That being said, he's still a very good dman that plays all situations and 24+ minutes per game, is only 28 years old, and carries a pretty reasonable 5M cap hit for the next 5 years. He'd be top-2 on half of the teams in the NHL (including WPG), and guaranteed top-4 on the rest. If he can finally figure out that he's big enough to make a difference physically, he'll become the player we all saw in the 2011 cup run. I don't think that Edler straight up for Kane or Ladd would happen either, but I bet it would not take much more.

Then, VAN can start rethinking their plans for defense going forward - I think that time has come.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  08:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many rumours on Kulemin frm the Leafs being sought after by many teams . . . and although Nonis wasn't shopping him per se, he's listening to all offers.

I can see this - Kulemin is the kind of player a solid playoff team looks for . . . and surely, is the kind of player Toronto might be able to squeeze out a nice little overpayment for.

IMHO, now might be the time to deal Kulemin when a team is willing to overpay. Our young guys (Ashton, etc) have filled in just fine in this role, and it's not a high value position (3rd line occasional scorer who is defensively responsible and decent on the boards).

I say go for it. I know among Toronto fans, Kulemin was and still is a guy we all like . . . but we have to put away our memories of 30 goal Kulemin, and be cold and hard and look at what he is now. I'd wish him the best, and I really like him, but if it made our team better with no risk at replacing him . . . you do that deal.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6173
( )

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  20:02:45  Reply with Quote
Is there a trade period in this pool? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  20:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6173

What pool do you speak of?

Heard today that although he's got a NTC, there's been talk of an Edler to Detroit deal in the works that could happen in the next couple days. This would mean he'd have to waive his NTC of course, but he may be interested in moving on? Strange thing is though, MG has said he won't ask guys to do such a thing (waive the NTC) so unless a guy comes and actually asks to be moved, then I don't know how he'd get a deal done??? Unless of course Edler has mentioned this but I kinda doubt it?

Personally, I get where Gillis coming from in not wanting to ask players this, but he has to understand that it's business. Sure, they earned and negotiated these things, but as the GM, I think you have to at least explore the possibilities at this time. If a guy is adamant about wanting to enforce it, he stays. If he agrees to move on, he'd prob have a few teams he'd accept moving to. Seems pretty simple.

FTR, no report of what the Canucks would get in return.

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/04/2014 20:58:31
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  08:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6173

Heard today that although he's got a NTC, there's been talk of an Edler to Detroit deal in the works that could happen in the next couple days. This would mean he'd have to waive his NTC of course, but he may be interested in moving on? Strange thing is though, MG has said he won't ask guys to do such a thing (waive the NTC) so unless a guy comes and actually asks to be moved, then I don't know how he'd get a deal done??? Unless of course Edler has mentioned this but I kinda doubt it?

NTC/NMC don't do much to prevent trades, and players waive them all the time. It just provides some security for a player to veto a trade that they *really* don't like (ie, last place team, coach they don't like, whatever). If VAN makes it clear that they want to trade Edler, he'll waive the NTC for someone, esp with 5 years left on his deal.

Every time a top offensive dman comes up in trade talks, DET surfaces. They have been looking to fill Lidstrom's absence, and from what I can tell have long coveted Edler (scouted him heavily and nearly drafted him until VAN got him first). I can see DET being interested in Edler, but like you, cannot think of what comes the other way. Both teams are aging, both want youth and will therefore be unwilling to part with it.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  10:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trading Kulemin at this point doesn`t make sense to me. What are the leafs going to get in return that will help the team get better this season ??.....trading players like Kulemin to cup contenders usually bring a draft pick or prospect back....now theres nothing wrong with that but i`d rather see the leafs do this in the summer, not right now, Kulemin could be a valuable piece this season.

Nuxfan...Alex....Do you ever think about the Canucks moving the Sedins ??....could be a very smart move for them while the twins still have some value.....i don`t think they will ever lead Van. to a stanley cup and if they don`t...why not trade them and start over ?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  10:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updates to the trade talk thread:

- increasing chatter about the Canucks, consensus is that they'll be sellers at this year's deadline (too many key injuries to allow them to compete this year, may not make the playoffs). The names that come up are Edler (predictable) and Kesler (unanticipated). I cannot see MG trading Kesler, but arguably he would bring a monster return if he were dealt. Will see how this pans out.

- I heard on the radio today that Bolland is seeking an 8yr deal in excess of 40M, so 5M+ per year. 5+ for 8 years seems ridiculous for a player 6 years removed from his best year of 47 points, but then again... Clarkson. As a UFA, if TOR cannot extend him, is he moved by the deadline?

@Duke
quote:

Nuxfan...Alex....Do you ever think about the Canucks moving the Sedins ??....could be a very smart move for them while the twins still have some value.....i don`t think they will ever lead Van. to a stanley cup and if they don`t...why not trade them and start over ?

Yes, I do think about it., although whether or not its a smart move is debatable. You're talking about 2 players that have been PPG for several years and are having a tough single year, hard to say yet if this is the beginning of a decline or just a bad year.

If you do trade, the trick is a) getting return, and b) replacing them. If you trade away 2/3 of your top line responsible for more than half of your offensive production each season, can you find 2 other players to do the same, either via the trade or free agency? If the answer is NO, then you probably don't trade them.

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/26/2014 10:40:49
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  11:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a rumour floating about that the Canucks were working on a deal (during the Oly break) that would send one or more guys out who "weren't names we'd been heard thrown about before". This would mean a guy like Kesler would fit that bill! It would be a big move, but i'd be okay with it for the right return!

Kes seems to be a very serious competetor and i don't think he'd be all that thrilled about a rebuild or "retooling" here. I think his competetive juices are flowing and he'd prob waive his NTC to move to a contender or a team which is on the verge of contending in the next couple of seasons.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  13:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't trade Bolland, keep him for the playoffs. Because if Toronto are having a 4-1 lead in the third period of the game 7, they will not lose with Bolland in the lineup. They traded for him to play in the playoffs, don't trade him away.

As for offseason he's asking too much and let him go. Well the Toronto Maple Leafs did shoot themselves in the foot by signing Clarkson, this is such a bad signing, and it frustrates me more and more.

As for the Vancouver Canucks, I do expect them to make a big splash. Kesler, Edler, depth players and maybe Luongo.

I expect the Oilers to finally trade one of their young guns.

Other then that the Islanders will be big sellers with MacDonald and Vanek on the market. (man what a bad trade that was Vanek for Moulson and a first rounder.) wow Garth Snow is one of the worst GM.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  09:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

As for the Vancouver Canucks, I do expect them to make a big splash. Kesler, Edler, depth players and maybe Luongo.

I would assume that (privately) VAN has written themselves out of having a chance to go very far this year. But like TOR, if the existing team were completely healthy going into the post-season, anything could happen. I doubt most of these happen at the deadline.

According to local reports, Kesler wants to play in the US, hence his trade request. We'll see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  14:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope Montreal realizes yes they may be in third but they are far from a contender and in a tight eastern conference I can`t see them getting out of the first round with their extremly weak defensive zone coverage. The only way this team contends is if Carey Price is 8 times as good as Halak was a few years ago.

If I was in charge of the Habs :

Markov: must be moved at the deadline, he is having a good year and could get you a 1rst round pick from a contending team and maybe a bit more.

Gionta: Must be moved, he is in the way pure and simple he is takeing ice time away from young kids who could perform better and need ice time to grow, being a realist i do not know what you could get for a guy like this but whatever you can get take it.

Desharnais: Must be moved though I don`t think they can but again he`s in the way. No team will ever win a stanley cup with this guy in their top 6 period. He is a waste of space for any team trying to become a contender with the youth montreal has at his position

Briere : Move him for whatever a team is willing to send back,

Plekanec: Signed to a reasonable contract and is a solid two way player but i don`t feel like this team can win with him. He has signifigant value to a team and i would only move him for a 1rst rounder along with a solid prospect, and even a 2nd rounder

Gorges: I love the guy but i think his body is going to give out the way he plays, I already think it has he still has value you now and could really help a team in a playoff run for the right deal i would move him,

As you can see I think the habs need to build around the kids they have and i don`t want to keep plugging along. The habs are too small and their is only one way to fix that in my mind move the small guys out and re tool and draft big,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  22:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post Pasty, and I agree with a lot of it. Now, you obviously see them (the habs) a lot more than me, but I'm a little surprised you're so down on Desharnais. I thought he'd found some chemistry there and assumed he'd be ok as a 2nd line center? You clearly have no use for him! Is he that bad?

Couldn't agree more with Markov. Get as much as you can for him before it's too late. I don't think he'll bring you much more than a late 1st (as you said, a 1st from a contender) but take what you can get as I agree the Habs aren't as close to true contender as they may appear in the standings.

Plekanec, if you're ridding yourselves of Deharnais should stay as the #2 center, no? He's responsible defensively and offers some offensive upside. I like him a lot actually. I see no reason why they'd wanna get rid of this guy unless someone overpaid for him. I will admit, I wasn't aware he's as old as he is (31) so maybe, like Kesler, it's time to get something for him?

Gorges, like Markov, prob should be moved for future talent, be it a prospect or picks. Montreal has Tinordi, Beaulieu, etc who the need to start feeding ice-time so they can evaluate if they are as good as expected moving forward.

Like Vancouver, I think this team needs to make some moves and allow some youngsters to develop for a couple years before making a serious run at Lord Stanley's mug!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  06:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what's all this on Ryan Kesler of Vancouver?

There is a LOT of chatter that he was very public and openly talking about how he had asked for a trade, he wanted a trade/wanted out of Vancouver . . . but now publicly denies it all, of course.

Kesler . . . that's a pretty big fish out there, I'd say. He'd be the cream of the crop in terms of deadline deals . . .

Hmm. Yeah, I might give up Kadri for Kesler, sure. Not sure how much beside Kadri I'd have to give, but might not be much . . . Kadri is young and has upside, and Kesler is an injury prone guy . . . could be close to even.

Kesler to the Rangers perhaps?
Would he OK a Montreal deal?
Then there's Philly and Pittsburgh . . . Philly would definitely make a play for Kesler.

Very, very interesting.

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  07:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

There is a LOT of chatter that he was very public and openly talking about how he had asked for a trade, he wanted a trade/wanted out of Vancouver . . . but now publicly denies it all, of course.

Kesler . . . that's a pretty big fish out there, I'd say. He'd be the cream of the crop in terms of deadline deals . . .

Hmm. Yeah, I might give up Kadri for Kesler, sure. Not sure how much beside Kadri I'd have to give, but might not be much . . . Kadri is young and has upside, and Kesler is an injury prone guy . . . could be close to even.

Then there's Philly and Pittsburgh . . . Philly would definitely make a play for Kesler.

Very, very interesting.

According to the original reports, Kesler is only interested in moving to a US team, which would nullify the Leafs. But you never know... IMO Kadri for Kesler straight up would not be enough - Kesler does everything that Kadri does but better and more.

BUF has finally joined the fray, read today that both Myers and Erhoff are in play. Ehrhoff is interesting - initially that contract was crazy, but now that BUF has paid the first 20M in the first 3 years, the rest of his deal (4M per season) looks pretty reasonable for someone like him. He had his best success with VAN, I wonder if they take a run at him.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  12:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Very, very interesting.

This can't be just hitting TO news now can it Slozo?

It's been like this:
- Kesler wants out and has asked for a trade, possibly as early as the beginning of the year. He was heard speaking of such in Sochi
- Word gets out upon his return from Sochi and he mysteriously has an injury keeping him out of game action (is this possible that a deal is imminent and they don't want to risk a further injury?)
- Kesler and his agent deny any such request

Pretty typical eh? Here's the thing. No one knows for sure (public) what has been said. It's entirely possible (and understandable from my standpoint) that he's asked for a trade to a contender if he believes the Canucks are going to rebuild/retool. It's also possible that he went to MG and said "Hey, i'm not asking for a deal, but i want you to know that i'd be open waiving my NTC if you feel you need to move me"?

It will be interesting to see in the next 5 or so days what happens but imo, they really should deal him! He's 29 and with his style of play has had some injuries. He's prob got 3 or 4 more solid years in him at most and there are plenty of teams out there who may consider him a HUGE piece to their puzzle moving into the post season. IMO, it's going to cost a young, potential top6 forward, a prospect and probably a draft pick, maybe even a 1st. Keep in mind, a contending team's 1st will be a late 1st most likely so that's nothing more than a lottery ticket really!

I've heard/read lots of deals being thrown around including Kadri's name coming up (as well as Gardiner's though i don't think the Canucks need D as much as F's in return). Other rumours involve Couturier in Philly, Tatar in Detroit, Jaskin or Schwartz in St Louis and Stepan in NY? More would be involved in deals with these teams but those are starting points.

Whether or not Kesler would waive to go to TO would be interesting as the rumour says he wants to go to the US. Whether or not Gillis and Nonis can be civil enough to work a deal out is another question?

How would you feel about Kadri, Gardiner and a 1st for Kesler and Edler?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  14:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago Really wants a second line center to solidify their team, I know about the Van and Chi don`t mix, espcially Kesler who is one who has really agititated the hawks in the past but could you Imagin Toews followed by Kesler? the only 1 - 2 punch in the league that could maybe equal them defensivly is Backes Berguland, If i were The gm in Chicago and would check with my team and makes sure he won`t ruin the dressing room and if so i would make a hard push for him!

Oh and Alex to respond to your question Desharnais scores because Max Pacioretty is a beast, he is nothing without Max and is the worst defensive playe the league has seen since Marc Andree Bergeron

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  15:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

Chicago Really wants a second line center to solidify their team

I would certainly consider a Toews for Kesler swap .

CHI would probably love to have him, but I cannot see MG trading Kesler to CHI. I'm also not sure what you ask for in return - CHI has to shed 5M in salary going the other way... Shaw, Saad, Hjalmarsson, any 2 of the 3? I don't sees CHI giving up either of Shaw or Saad.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2014 :  20:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if Gillis would deal Kesler to Chicago or not, however, I wouldn't have a problem with it if he did providing the return was good enough to justify it! The Chi/Van rivalry has died down a little with Vancouver's struggles and let's face it, with a couple of years ahead that look to be mediocre at best for the Canucks, that rivalry will settle down substantially. Problem is, I'm not sure Chi would be able to offer up what the Canucks would want. B. Saad would be #1 on the list I'm sure, but I don't think the Hawks would include him. Don't know much about Shaw (salary, age, etc) but personally wouldn't consider him much more than a throw-in. Is he not basically a 3rd liner at best, with very little upside???

I think that if Saad was considered untouchable, Gillis would need to demand T. Teravainen, another prospect (maybe Pirri?) and a first rounder (which would be late). Prob would be salary, and we'd likely have to take Bickell to help offset Kes's. Also, not sure how soon TT can play (Pirri's been up for approx. half the season so far) and the thought is the Canucks would need to get an NHL ready forward in the deal?

I think there will be better suitors out there and Gillis will likely focus on the east and teams like Pittsburgh and Philly who are both said to have serious interest.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9325
( )

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  03:31:43  Reply with Quote
If Tyler Myers its available I Would love To see Toronto go after him, maybe kadri straight up for him or I would prefer maybe finn and Percy. More likely Gardiner and Percy. O'rielly would have been nice last year but his value would be sky high now and he is kinda a smallish forward at six foot and we have enough of them.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  19:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex...kadri is not enough for kesler, i agree, BUT.........kadri , Gardiner and a 1st rd pick for......kesler and Edler ?? are u nuts ??

I would give. Kadri....., 2nd rounder..... and an average prospect for kesler. Toronto would still win this trade, kesler is a great player.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  19:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Alex...kadri is not enough for kesler, i agree, BUT.........kadri , Gardiner and a 1st rd pick for......kesler and Edler ?? are u nuts ??

I would give. Kadri....., 2nd rounder..... and an average prospect for kesler. Toronto would still win this trade, kesler is a great player.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page