Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hits, Fights and other Nasties!
 Derek Dorsett's actions Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  22:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derek Dorsett was in the middle of a couple of very controversial incidents in game 5. First, while returning to his bench during the pregame skate, he attempts to spray some ice/snow at the Canadiens players at they are stepping on the ice. In the process, he "snows" one of the two youngsters who are accompanying the Habs onto the ice.

Second, in the waning minutes of the game, he is seen battling in front of the Habs net with Mike Weaver, when he ducks his head and proceeds to ram it into Weaver's head/face. Yeah, basically a head butt. Not really anything else to call it I guess?

Haven't heard much about either incident since, and I have to say I'm quite surprised that the head butt has not drawn at the very least, a fine from the league. Personally, I'd have thought a suspension was in order but unless I've missed it, nothing as of tonight?

Here's a link to both incidents via Puck Daddy's Harrison Mooney:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/derek-dorsett-headbutts-mike-weaver--snows-a-kid--is-the-worst--video-033345576.html

Oh, and the greatest quote in the article for those too lazy to read it: (re the snow spraying of the kid) - We'll hazard a guess that he didn't see the little guy and was simply attempting to snow the Canadiens as they came onto the ice, or maybe he thought it was David Desharnais, but still -- what a monster.

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  17:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still a bit surprised Dorsett got off with NOTHING for the head butt!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  14:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was pretty blatant and I've seen much less get fined/suspended. Seems a little inconsistent. Perhaps Mike Weaver is not a high profile enough player?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page