Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Torts is back! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  09:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John Tortorella has been hired by the Blue Jackets, after their 0-7 start. Is he the answer?

The interesting part (to me) is that the Canucks get a 2nd round pick since he's still under contract with Vancouver - I'm not too sure how that works, but good for Van.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  21:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's the answer to Pure ENTERTAINMENT!!!

I for one welcome him, if only to mock him, insult him and make fun of him in general. Just too bad it had to happen to Columbus, but oh well - that's what you get when the GM feels they need experience and a short fuse.

Getting the popcorn!

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  06:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might be the best deal Vancouver has made in a while! Lol. Crazy rule that dishes off a pick to a team obviously wanting rid of a coach they're still paying!!! I mean, you're taking a guy they fired,off their payroll, AND you have to give them a 2nd rounder????
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  07:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You fire a guy and receive a 2nd Rd pick. Lol. Crazy. Who makes these rules ?
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  11:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Toronto fires Babcock, another team picks him up, will the Leafs get a 2nd rounder for the next 8 years?

Stupid rule. This will encourage teams to fire their coaches. If played well you could get 3 or 4 complimentary second rounders in 2016.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  08:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

If Toronto fires Babcock, another team picks him up, will the Leafs get a 2nd rounder for the next 8 years?

Stupid rule. This will encourage teams to fire their coaches. If played well you could get 3 or 4 complimentary second rounders in 2016.

And unfortunately, it discourages teams from picking up coaches that are technically still on a payroll after being fired. Carlyle is another one . . . I think that there might be several teams before the end of the season that might pick him up, but if there's another candidate who's a close second . . . why give up the pick? A 2nd rounder is definitely worth some value.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page