Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Iginla or Sakic? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  13:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Both are experienced, great leaders who excel in all aspects of the game. but who is better?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Choices:

Sakic
Iginla
I cant decide

Edited by - nashvillepreds on 12/04/2007 17:48:59

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  14:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iginla. As of now he is quite a bit younger then Joe. If I could take one in their prime it would be Burnaby Joe. But who knows maybe Iginla will break out and have a couple great seasons. But as of now I would take Iginla because he's younger.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  15:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't decide right now. They're both amazing players but which one is better right now? Iginla so far but will Sakic improve?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  17:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

Both are old, great leaders who excel in all aspects of the game. but who is better?

Sorry Nash, usually I stay out of these, but I couldn't help myself. Iginla is not old by any stretch. At 30 he has JUST entered his prime in the last couple years. Sakic on the other hand (although not old in the game of life) is indeed old as far as NHL'ers go (38). But his stats say he is only about 30! Just my two cents. Admin out.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  07:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By, old Admin, I meant experienced.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

LeafsFan4Life
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  11:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gotta go with Iggy i just think he is a naturally stronger player then sackic that is just my personal opinion

Long Live Hockey
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  13:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

Both are old, great leaders who excel in all aspects of the game. but who is better?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

You can't be serious! How dare you even compare!
But seriously, Sakic is older and more experienced than Iginla. If you remember the olympics where they won gold, you may remember Iginla looking UP to Sakic and having nothing but praise for him. Sakic was the better player in that year. As well, if you are asking who is better, if they were at the same age in their career, then Sakic would be the man hands-down! However, Iginla has a tough-guy factor to him, which Sakic lacks. But I think Sakic has garnered enough respect from EVERYONE in the league (similar to gretzky or yzerman) that no one will really take a cheap shot at him. I don't think that Iginla has earned that kind of status yet......So lets try to compare apples to apples and not apples (Iginla) to melons (Sakic). Sheesh!

I apologize for getting emotional
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  15:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sakic. All time there is no question. Now, erh....
Well there is no question Iginla has more points. But does that mean he is contributing more? Sakic contributes history, age, leadership, and responsibiliy. I think he does a lot behind closed doors that motivates the Statsnys in the locker room. To this season, it's him over Iggy.

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  19:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can appreciate people who would take Sakic if considering all time, but if you had a choice of the two players today exactly how things are with age and what ever anyone who would not take Iginla is, in my opinion, a complete hockey Moron. I think Sakic himself would tell you to take Iginla. Iginla has nothing as a supporting staff. Tanguay is streaky at best and Langkow/Huselius/Conroy and the rest are riding coat tales. Iginla has Sakic today in just about every physical attribute (speed, strength, size, etc) and if he had half the supporting cast of the other league leaders, he would be 10-15 points ahead of the pack.

Iginla is one of the top 5 players in the league, along with Crosby, Lecavalier, Thornton, and Lidstrom. Sakic may have been a top 5 player at one point, but not today. Sorry Joe, not any more.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  19:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans I will go along with you just so I am not a moron...

There is no comparison at this time in Joe's career, he has been a great leader, and a great player, but at his age there are many young players that would be able to take his spot, Beans mentioned them already...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  19:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The moron comment was maybe a little harsh, so I am sorry if I offended anyone.

However, I stand by my comments. If the questions was regarding both players in their prime, I would think Sakic for sure. However, Iginla at 30 in his prime or Sakic at 38 or 39 in the twilight of his career, there really isn't much of a choice.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8428
( )

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  21:39:56  Reply with Quote
MASON OR ELLIS ?

ELLIS BY FAR, MASON IS SIMPLY not CONSISTENT, and ELLIS HAS BEEN FARELY GOOD
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  06:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there was to be a choice between Iginla, and Lecavalier then there could be some discussion as they are in the same era, and age, just three years difference...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Edited by - PuckNuts on 12/05/2007 06:19:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page