Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Detroit or Ottawa? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  23:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
It's a simple question...Ottawa or Detroit?

Choices:

Detroit
Ottawa

ponder
Top Prospect

9 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  01:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the cup? I hate to say it as a Toronto fan, but Ottawa are the team to beat this year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4824
( )

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  13:36:36  Reply with Quote
go sens go
Go to Top of Page

Greg Smith
Rookie

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  14:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Ponder, it's stanley cup or bust for the sens this year.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  15:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sens all the way. Not my number one team, but this is their year. Plus, I'm tired of the faux "Hockeytown" balogne., where they draw a paltry 7 thousand to exhibition games. That many people show up to the Leaf's practices in the preseason.
Go to Top of Page

Greg Smith
Rookie

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  15:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is Detroit called hockey town anyways? Not much going on hockey wise when I played there.

Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  15:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Smith

Why is Detroit called hockey town anyways? Not much going on hockey wise when I played there.

Detroit is a self-proclaimed "Hockeytown". You want a real hockeytown... a sold-out arena in Saskatoon filled to the rafters to watch a Florida Panthers - Calgary Flames exhibition game. Guys scalping tickets for hundreds of dollars to a Florida Panthers game, guys. I give Detroit some respect for being at least a city that can be passionate about hockey, but as TSN says, "hockey lives here".

Edited by - fly4apuckguy on 11/05/2007 15:23:15
Go to Top of Page

Guest4714
( )

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  16:54:49  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

Detroit is a self-proclaimed "Hockeytown". You want a real hockeytown... a sold-out arena in Saskatoon filled to the rafters to watch a Florida Panthers - Calgary Flames exhibition game.

The correct name is Hockeytown, USA. In the US it sure is the hockey town, but they don't mean it's THE hockey town of all of North America.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  16:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^ That was me...

To answer the poll question...

DETROIT

I hate the Sens almost as much as I hate the Leafs. And if it came down to DET-OTT in the finals, I'd bet money Detroit could take it.

Guest1100
( )

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  16:58:44  Reply with Quote
Detroit baby... they have the top line in the league right now.
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  17:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
detroit would beat ottawa because they are deeper and have more grit

Just like mikhailova I hate the senators with a passion
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  17:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit is definetely the more skilled but to me that does not meen they are the better team. Right now it is very hard to tell who is the better team out of the two of them. Later on in the season both teams will be at there peek and only then we will be able to tell.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  18:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neither Detroit Or Ottawa because Toronto always cleans them in the playoffs and yes the Maples will make the post season this year and will blast the Dead Things in the finals for sure. Hey Deroit fans remember losing out to little Nick Borshevsky? Wait to you see big Nick Antropov!!!!
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  19:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Neither Detroit Or Ottawa because Toronto always cleans them in the playoffs and yes the Maples will make the post season this year and will blast the Dead Things in the finals for sure. Hey Deroit fans remember losing out to little Nick Borshevsky? Wait to you see big Nick Antropov!!!!

Haha I think almost everything in that post should be the opposite.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9250
( )

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  22:09:56  Reply with Quote
Detroit is a good team dont get me wrong...however also a bit overrated the last couple of seasons. they are getting 50+ points from there division. They played a bunch of crap teams.

However this year with some major divisional improvement it will be harder. Detroit still being the likely team to beat in the west, lets see how many points they steal out of there division this year.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  22:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leaf fans are so desperate for a hero that they have annoited Antropov (a career disappointment) as the next coming because he has 8 goals in 15 games, which for him is amazing. That's sort of patheitc when you think of it.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  22:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Neither Detroit Or Ottawa because Toronto always cleans them in the playoffs

Toronto makes the playoffs?? Whoa, newsflash!

Guest4943
( )

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  09:48:47  Reply with Quote
it is time to bring the cup back to canada!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4644
( )

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  16:43:36  Reply with Quote
i hate the maple leafs. but you cant say that sundin hasn't been impressive so far to start this season i mean kovalchuk and zetterberg are expected to get those type of points but sundin has been my suprise for the start of the year.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  18:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that Ottawa is the better team. Better Depth on Defence. And they play in a harder division not like the Wings where they get some pretty easy wins.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  19:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Antropov has always been a good player. He was a point a game down the streach in Quinn's last year when they desperately tried to make the playoffs and the same goes for last season's late charge under Maurice. He is very good defensively and is always a plus player in that regard. He is also an excellent penalty killer and skates faster than he appears because of his awkwardness. It seems if he could have avoided injuries that his career might have been on track a little sooner. He was the best Leaf player tonight against Ottawa and scored their only goal. I honestly hope that all you hockey senseless people that were constantly crapping on him over the last few years choke on the crow feathers you now have between your teeth.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  20:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Antropov has always been a good player. He was a point a game down the streach in Quinn's last year when they desperately tried to make the playoffs and the same goes for last season's late charge under Maurice. He is very good defensively and is always a plus player in that regard. He is also an excellent penalty killer and skates faster than he appears because of his awkwardness. It seems if he could have avoided injuries that his career might have been on track a little sooner. He was the best Leaf player tonight against Ottawa and scored their only goal. I honestly hope that all you hockey senseless people that were constantly crapping on him over the last few years choke on the crow feathers you now have between your teeth.

Saying Antropov "has always been a good player" is probably a bit of a stretch. I will say, he is not as terrible as many people think he is, though.

However, your last statement about "hockey senseless people" isn't cool. Not liking a Leaf player does not make someone senseless, it makes them opinionated. As for the crapping part, let's not give Antropov the Hart Trophy just yet, hoss.

Edited by - fly4apuckguy on 11/06/2007 20:17:21
Go to Top of Page

Guest9254
( )

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  05:27:26  Reply with Quote
Hey Antro Man

Are you freakin' kidding me ? Borshevsky ?

Talk about living in the past...The Leafs haven't been able to hold Detroit's jock strap let alone beat them in the Playoffs....mostly because we are always IN THE PLAYOFFS and you clowns are always golfing ...

Scoreboard Pal...the last time I checked ...the Wings...3 Cups since '98

The Leafs....40 YEARS AGO.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  06:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately with the Leafs having moved to the Eastern conference we have not battled Detroit in the playoffs since that time. The last time we did though we knocked them out. That was my reference to Little Nicky and the Senators have never beaten us in a playoff round in their history!!!! This might be the real reason they play us so hard in the regular season, they know that if the Leafs get in they are automatically toast. The only reason Ottawa got as far as they did last year was because the Maples didn't quite make the post season. If they had it would have been game over for the Sens as usual. Their track record against Toronto in the post season speaks for itself.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  07:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I guess I should be more succinct and call the nice people that nicely booed Antropov as having little hockey sense and their opinions were unfounded. It still adds up to senseless for me. You say opinionated and I say wrongly opininated. Did this clarify things for you? I still hope they choke on the crow feathers they are biting down on at this moment. There are no trophies in store for the big guy and I don't conclude their should be but he is a damn good hockey player and a steal at two million per season. There is not another GM in the league that wouldn't take him and that includes the "Hockeytown" boys in Motor City!!!!! This is a far cry from the wrongly opinionated booers and bashers who were obviously lacking in hockey sense when Antroman was chastised by then.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  08:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as Stanley Cups go I agree that Detroit has won three Cups since 1998 and have been one of the best clubs in the league over the last decade but they still have not won more than the Habs or the Leafs history wise. You see, I live in Southern Ontario and therefore am a Canadian and Leaf hockey supporter. Anybody can just pick a foreign team and root for them. That's easy! I was around when the Leafs won Stanley Cups and have continued to support them since childhood and in so doing have remained loyal all these years. Now loyalty, the last time I checked is a virtue and at no time have I ever considered abandoning my faithful following. Anybody can choose some far away dream team and crap on their own local team, province and country. If you like these foreign teams so much.........Move There...... Cause you ain't no good to anybody around here!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  08:57:57  Reply with Quote
toronto is absolute garbage. people wonder why they never win....they suck-they are not a good hockey team.no cup finals in 40 years, that says it all.

as far as the team to beat, it is most certainly edmonton even though detroit is good year after year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  09:00:04  Reply with Quote
I agree totally, the leafs are never goin to contend for the cup, well............at least mcCabe is startin to score (wink, wink)
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I previously said: IF YOU GUYS/GIRLS LIKE YOUR FOREIGN HOCKEY TEAMS SO MUCH THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE THERE BECAUSE YOU ARE NO GOOD TO ANYBODY AROUND HERE. YOU PEOPLE ARE DARKSIDERS, TRAITORS AND COWARDLY TURNCOATS OF OUR OWN TEAM. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. YOU PROBABLY ROOTED FOR THE CROSSTOWN FOOTBALL RIVALS IN SCHOOL INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN TEAM. MOST OF US GREW UP WITH HNIC AND THE MAPLES AND JUST BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN A NUMBER OF YEARS SINCE THEY WON THE CUP YOU RUN AROUND THE GLOBE PICKING FAR AWAY DREAM TEAMS TO ROOT FOR. WOULN'T WANT TO SHARE A FOX HOLE WITH ANY OF YOU. ONLY RATS JUMP OFF SINKING SHIPS!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  16:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheesh, someone needs to chill down a bit. Just because you like a team that's not your home team doesn't make you a "traitor." Maybe the other team is just better. Some people don't HAVE a home team cuz there are no teams in their province/state. And what if you move? Would that mean you have to cheer for your old hometown team or your new one? Just because you like a team not from your hometown doesn't mean you would cheer for your football rivals or betray your country or something. Sheesh, talk about exaggerations. I'm a Sabres fan, but my home team is the Caps. But I was born in LA, so my original hometown team was the Kings. As for moving there, I'd be OK with moving to Buffalo...Maryland sucks.

Only rats jump off sinking ships? Um, wouldn't you want to get off the ship if it was sinking?

Guest1461
( )

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  17:32:33  Reply with Quote
hey antroman, pull your damn head out of your ass, wake up, and realize whats going on! i and many other canadians are sick and tired of hearing about the s***ass leafs on every radio or television show we turn on. they act like they are the center of the hockey universe; so ignorant and disrespectful to the rest of canada..its disgusting. the media would never talk so much about crap players like antropov, steen, or even mark bell if they werent on tortonto. i am sick of having the stupid leafs shoved down my throat every damn day! THEY ARE NOT CANADAS TEAM; NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! they frickin suck!!! zero, yes absolutely zero, 0 cups in their last 40 and soon to be 41 years. they won all of their cups during the six team era and have not even been to the finals since then for cryin out loud!!! we are not traitors, turncoats, or foreigners. we love the country of canada but despise the ignorant leafs fans in the media and how they claim to be superior despite looking at their team realistically and seeing that they stink, just plain frickin suck!!!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  22:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guest 1461. Spoken like a true rat!!!!! Grab a clue. The reason you are inundated with Leaf propaganda in newspapers and television etc is plainly because you live here and as hard as it is for you darksider traitors to understand this is our team and you are living amongst us. Weather the Leafs suck or not our loyalty does not waiver and like I wrote before if you want front page coverage of your far away dream team then you should move there. The Leafers are by far the most popular team in Southern Ontario and judging by the Leaf Jersys and cheers in other rinks across this country their popularity is pretty healthy their too. By the way, the brave captain and crew always go down with the ship much unlike the rats who abandon it and drown anyway. We are proud to be Leaf fans and proud that the symbol of our country is emblazened on our jerseys. You traitors should be lined up against a wall and shot at sunrise!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  08:02:32  Reply with Quote
i live in edmonton and have been an oilers fan for my entire life. you little torontonian. your team stinks, you stink, and you disrespect the rest of canada.

WHO WENT TO THE FINALS TWO YEARS AGO?
THE EDMONTON OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Moderator Edit : Please stop using foul language and throwing personal attacke at others.

Edited by - Beans15 on 11/08/2007 10:16:55
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  08:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 4912. I have no problem with you living in Edmonton and being an Oiler fan. That is exactly the point I am trying to make here. I would fully expect someone to support their own team. I am particularly tired of listenening to our local people running down the Leafs and complaining about the local coverage in the newspapers and other media while rooting for some far away dream team somewhere. Supporting your local team is the right, normal and honorable thing to do and I commend you for the support of "your" Oilers.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  09:53:50  Reply with Quote
I very much respect your concept of loyalty to one's own team. as far as fellow torontonians running down their own team, that is garbage and i disagree with that. i was only of the opinion that the leafs have been pushed upon the rest of canada in some sort of way; that is simply my opinion. anyone has the right to cheer for whatever team they wish, however; i cheer against the leafs but i am not a traitor, i am very loyal and i am disgusted with the fact that we have six teams and the americans have 24 teams for which they seem to have no appreciation. if i was comissioner i would certainly add a few more canadian teams and get rid of some american ones because we are the birthplace of hockey and we deserve more of it.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9254
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  10:37:32  Reply with Quote
quote:

As far as Stanley Cups go I agree that Detroit has won three Cups since 1998 and have been one of the best clubs in the league over the last decade but they still have not won more than the Habs or the Leafs history wise. You see, I live in Southern Ontario and therefore am a Canadian and Leaf hockey supporter. Anybody can just pick a foreign team and root for them. That's easy! I was around when the Leafs won Stanley Cups and have continued to support them since childhood and in so doing have remained loyal all these years. Now loyalty, the last time I checked is a virtue and at no time have I ever considered abandoning my faithful following. Anybody can choose some far away dream team and crap on their own local team, province and country. If you like these foreign teams so much.........Move There...... Cause you ain't no good to anybody around here!!!!!!!

Man...I have to tell you... that rant about supporting an american...foreign.. team as opposed to the one in my own Province....is the stupist thing I have ever heard...where on earth does my loyalty to my country (Canada) Southwestern Ontario like you ...WHICH is the greatest in the world have to do with rooting for the Leafs...its that kind of logic that makes me puke.
I've been a supporter of the red and white since I was a kid....and remember vividly the last time the Buds raised the cup in '67....a proud moment for all....I do not take shots at the Leafs until guys like yourself .break out with some crap about loyalty to country...it's a game my friend..a sport...and should never be confused with each other.
Good Luck with the season....hopefully one day...Gary Bettman will see the error in his ways and bring back a decent schedule back that would feature more original six games...eg. Leafs v Wings....one of the greatest rivalries in hockey
Go to Top of Page

Guest9254
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  10:38:20  Reply with Quote
quote:

Man...I have to tell you... that rant about supporting an american...foreign.. team as opposed to the one in my own Province....is the stupist thing I have ever heard...where on earth does my loyalty to my country (Canada) Southwestern Ontario like you ...WHICH is the greatest in the world have to do with rooting for the Leafs...its that kind of logic that makes me puke.
I've been a supporter of the red and white since I was a kid....and remember vividly the last time the Buds raised the cup in '67....a proud moment for all....I do not take shots at the Leafs until guys like yourself .break out with some crap about loyalty to country...it's a game my friend..a sport...and should never be confused with each other.
Good Luck with the season....hopefully one day...Gary Bettman will see the error in his ways and bring back a decent schedule back that would feature more original six games...eg. Leafs v Wings....one of the greatest rivalries in hockey
Go to Top of Page

Guest9254
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  10:38:52  Reply with Quote
Antro...
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all might want to go back and read the title of this thread...
You've gotten a little derailed here.

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore
Go to Top of Page

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:17:48  Reply with Quote
Hello Antroman
I am from ontario and cheering for my dream team from home -Ottawa who im sure u agree are canadian and playing very well

as for toronto i think they are lucky to have fans like you everywhere who will continue to talk about how great the team is (was??) and continue to say next year weve got it...cheering for and saying a team is great when they play like they have the past couple years is true dedication (or something else)

What i can't stand is the advertisements in ottawa saying toronto maple leafs -the passion that unites us all (a little much i feel)
Go to Top of Page

Guest9993
( )

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  15:57:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Y'all might want to go back and read the title of this thread...
You've gotten a little derailed here.

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore

Shhhhhhh! I'm having fun. Leafs' fans are way more entertaining than Wings' and Sens' fans! Sit back and watch them squirm around furiously!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page