Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Tobias Enstrom, Calder Candidate? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  11:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
As it stands right now Tobias Enstrom of the Atlanta Thrashers sits T-3rd among rookies in points with 16. Only behind Kane (27) and Toews (20). But also Enstrom is a defenseman opposed to everyone else in the Top 9 are forwards. So the question is, Does he deserve to be a candidate and further more, the winner?

Choices:

Should be Candidate, Not Winner
Should be Winner
Shouldn''t be Candidate
Not Even Close
Not Sure

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  11:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he definately deserves to be a candidate but Kane and Toews and the likes are just too good and will run away with it.

Edited by - Ottawa Oilers on 12/04/2007 11:46:36
Go to Top of Page

Guest7170
( )

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  12:11:24  Reply with Quote
It's important to note that Endstrom is a plus 8 on a failing Atlanta team. However, I think (to my dismay) that Price will win the Calder - especially now that Huet is injured.
Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  16:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My List:

Patrick Kane - Amazing offensively who is putting up huge numbers, 27 points which is over a point a game.
Johnathan Toews - Another amazing offensive player and putting up big numbers, 20 points in 24 games
Andrew Cogliano - Plays in all situations, PK, PP and even strength and excels at all areas. Also amazing speed and can produce lots of points.
Tobias Enstrom - Never witnessed him play and just going by stats +8 and 16 points pretty good for a defenseman.
Erik Johnson - Solid defensively and great offensively with 7 points in 13 games.

Honorable Mentions:

Sam Gagner - Great set of hands, amazing in the shootout and a good point producer. Also very smart with the puck and can read plays very well in both ends.
Niklas Backstrom - Great playmaker, had a bad start but is really picking it up now.
Tom Gilbert - From watching him he is a very smart player and can jump in the play good and also is strong defensively.
Phoenix Trio - Daniel Carcillo, Michael Hanzal and Peter Mueller all players are good offensively with 11 points each, Phoenix has a great future with these 3 up-front.
Carey Price - Amazing composure and is a great goaltender with a solid record of 6-3-1 and a save % of .912 and a GAA of 2.84.

Edited by - Ottawa Oilers on 12/04/2007 16:04:29
Go to Top of Page

Guest9252
( )

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  10:53:13  Reply with Quote
Rookie of the month? NHL chose Enstrom...
had not heard of him but I guess he has to be a candidate now..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page