Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Neidermeyer is Back! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  12:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Scott Neidermeyer is back in the NHL. How will he do?

Choices:

Instant MVP candidate
Solid but nothing spectacular
Avarage
Bad, never should have returned
An Old Fart

Bleeding Blue and White
Top Prospect

23 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  13:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Scott Neidermeyer will be an average player this year. He is older. He has to find his legs, and missing out on the first half of the year definitely doesn't help him. With him on the team Anaheim is a much stronger defensive team.

~Long Live the Leafs~
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  14:20:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, I would like to say, this is a very good poll and is an original way to put a spin on a topic many people know about.

HINT HINT ADMIN

Ha, maybe I am just trying to get brownie points with LF101? Hmm...

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  14:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, as to Niedermayer:

Listen, everyone says that he will make his team into contenders in one wy or another. That doesn't excuse the fact that he has missed around 30 games of an 82 game season. However, should his team win the cup, I see him as nabbing a potential second Conn Smythe, and you can make a case for Hart. Let's be honest, Lecavalier has a hard time even making post season, so does Crosby, Ovie and the likes. Now, the teams that make it year after year: there is no Hart winner on Ottawa, the entire team is amazing, with three guys on line one with the ability to be 100 point getters. Detroit, there is Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterberg. They all complete each other. Go through the list, you will see what I mean.

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  14:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

First off, I would like to say, this is a very good poll and is an original way to put a spin on a topic many people know about.

HINT HINT ADMIN

Ha, maybe I am just trying to get brownie points with LF101? Hmm...

Hey there talkalot, relax a bit. Admin does a fine job deciding which posts are featured.

As for the poll question, Niedermayer will be one of the better defencemen in the league again but I think hes definitely taken himself out of contention for any awards, with the possible exception of the Smythe.

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  14:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willus it is all in good fun. But honestly, I think this question is very pertinent and anybody and everybody should get involved, since there are a lot of different aspects to be looked at.

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  15:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Willus it is all in good fun. But honestly, I think this question is very pertinent and anybody and everybody should get involved, since there are a lot of different aspects to be looked at.

Do you post to practice your writing and language skills?
I appreciate your youthful enthusiasm. I really do. I think you're running the risk of alienating some other posters though. I mean, it's like your omnipresent here. Alex is everywhere.

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  16:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex, I think what Willus is trying to say is you don't need to have 3 posts underneath one. Just connect them all into one.

Back to the topic though.

I think Niedermeyer will do well. He will still be one of the top 4 D-man in the league. His skating ability is one of the best and you don't lose that in the matter of 5 months. Still a great player.

Zubov for the Norris!

Edited by - PainTrain on 12/16/2007 16:50:58
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  16:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a good point P.T.

Unfortunately, stas are such a huge part of the voting. Crosby won the Art Ross trophy last year, in my mind one of the biggest reasons he won the Hart. His team did not make it past the first round, they only played 5 games. How valuable could he possibly be? No question, he is Mr. Penguins. But I am just wondering how much footage is gone through before the decision, and how much paper, pencil and calculator is involved.

This being the case, Scottie will have a hard time winning a trophy if his team does not do amazing, Conference Finals at the least

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page