Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most exciting team in 07 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  00:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
2007 is quickly coming to a close. Which NHL hockey team has been the most exciting to watch in the first 3 months of the 07/08 season?

Choices:

Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
Ottawa Senators
Carolina Hurricanes
Detroit Red Wings
Vancouver Canucks
Dallas Stars
Other (who & why)

vanillagorilla
Top Prospect

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  04:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now, there is exciting, exciting and then there is exciting "ticket killer" in proline.....the leafs far and and away are the most "exciting" team from an emotional standpoint.....remember, excitement can be negative as well as positive.....what team keeps you guessing more than the leafs on whether team A, team B or the marlies show up....do you know how exciting it is when you have 4 games correct and only the leaf game stands in your way from collecting 22 bucks from the government.....the poll did not expand on which type of excitement you are after.....
Go to Top of Page

Guest8437
( )

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  10:17:51  Reply with Quote
Vancouver Canucks!?!?!?

The Canucks are about as exciting to watch as the Devils of the late 90's were.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  10:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I do not find too much excitement in Gary Bettman's new NHL. This fall back trap game everyone is playing has really clogged up the game. Two on ones were a much more common sight not long ago and you almost never see them anymore. It has turned into a high speed shinny game ot there for the most part. Even most of the fights are prearranged and not spontaneous as before because of the plethora of rules and refs. I liked the games much better when the games were not so much called by the book but called according to the play on the ice. I guess I am a little off topic so I would say LA is as close to being exciting as any because they have a number of players that can score and will take chances while throwing caution to the wind defensively which enables the team they are playing to score as well. This sometimes leads to exciting games. How about that Wash/Ott game last night? It was a barn burner for sure. 14 goals, a penalty shot and fights too!!!!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  11:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's weird saying this, but I'm going with the Montreal Canadians. Whenever they play it seems like it's always good end to end action. They have a exciting PP and they work well down low. They have a great young goaltender to watch and some young forwards up front. They play a physical game as well.

Buffalo is still one of my favourite teams to watch. They are still one of the fastest teams in the league. I can't wait for the Buffalo vs Pittsburgh game on New Years Day. Now that will be exciting.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9150
( )

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  07:35:47  Reply with Quote
wait until next year or if they sign Teemu Selanne!!!
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

It's weird saying this, but I'm going with the Montreal Canadians. Whenever they play it seems like it's always good end to end action. They have a exciting PP and they work well down low. They have a great young goaltender to watch and some young forwards up front. They play a physical game as well.

Buffalo is still one of my favourite teams to watch. They are still one of the fastest teams in the league. I can't wait for the Buffalo vs Pittsburgh game on New Years Day. Now that will be exciting.

Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  08:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This year I'd have to say Chicago, mainly due to Toews, Kane and Sharp.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  03:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Mtl is my favorite team so of course personally they are the most exciting for me to watch.. for all the above said reasons and also for the surprise factor,, i know it may not last but who honestly thought they would be doing as well as they have??? most comentators picked them to finish well out of 8th this year,,, Calgary is another team that keeps me on the edge of my seat with big hits great goals and good goaltending they play oldschool canadien hockey and i love it

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4448
( )

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  01:51:54  Reply with Quote
Detroit...because I am biased...Otherwise, I would have said Ottawa. :p
Go to Top of Page

Guest8346
( )

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  04:01:25  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's any other answer:

Go OTTAWA Go!!!