Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Pickup Hockey Awards Comments-Please Read!!!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  09:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So everyone is clear:

1) Anyone can vote. You don't have to be part of the "panel."

2) These awards are based off of the first 40 games of this season only. Please don't do that "Brodeur has had a better career" stuff. This season only!!!

3) Please don't ask why this player or that was not mentioned. This was based 100% off of what people e-mailed to me. If you didn't e-mail, that's not my problem.

4) The Beans Award has nothing to do with team success. It's not like the Hart Trophy which is based off of who is move valuable to their team. It clearly states "Best All Around Player." So when you post that Lecavalier doesn't belong because his team is losing, it means nothing!

5) Have fun with this, it's not a serious thing......

Let's use this as a place to talk about what I believe is the first ever Pick Up Hockey Midseason Player Awards:

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!

Edited by - Beans15 on 01/07/2008 07:37:13

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  09:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, I was wondering why you chose those certain forum members as the award names. You could have easily have used the real NHL name awards. Just out of curiosity why did you do that though?
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  09:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans do you think we should make these polls stickies for awhile so they don't get lost down the page?

"I'm a man of principle... or not. Whatever the situation calls for." - Alan Shore

Edited by - willus3 on 01/06/2008 09:56:49
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  14:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just so everyone understand how the people got nominated.

I asked anyone to E-mail me their top 3 for each award. For each of the first rankings, the player got 3 points. 2 for 2nd rank and 1 for 3rd rank.

So everyone is clear, I did not choose the nominees or the honorable mentions. They are based 100% off of what people sent me.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  18:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have voted
Great job on everything
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll