Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Rent a Player Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Do you feel teams should be able to rent a UFA with little to no risk just for a playoff run then have this player return to his prior NHL team?

Pasty

Choices:

yes
no
yes but it should be done differently

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is up to you as a GM to negotiate a trade.

If for example you want to trade for Sundin you already know that he has stated he does not want to leave Toronto. If he waived his NTC, and you make a trade you best understand that he may not play for you next season.

Conditional picks are what you would also offer. If the traded player returns to his original team then they loose the conditional picks...

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

It is up to you as a GM to negotiate a trade.

If for example you want to trade for Sundin you already know that he has stated he does not want to leave Toronto. If he waived his NTC, and you make a trade you best understand that he may not play for you next season.

Conditional picks are what you would also offer. If the traded player returns to his original team then they loose the conditional picks...

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

i personaly don't have a huge problem with it i think the trade deadline should just be moved back to like well right about now,, even earlier so that a manager has to work a little harder and make sure this player is a good fit ,,,, basicly add a bit of risk

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  20:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's gotta be an outright trade of a player and re-sign with the original team in the off season. There's not a league in the world that rents players in their own league. In European Football there are "loans" of players, but that is to teams in lower or higher divisions and/or out of the country.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  06:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't like it. It's like bringing a ringer with you to the company softball game. It's just bad form.

"Last time I went to the movies I was thrown out for bringing my own food. My argument was that the concession stand prices are outrageous. Besides, I haven't had a Bar-B-Que in a long time."
-- Steven Wright
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page