Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 PKH Hall of Fame Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  14:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Canada Day to all! Between fireworks, barbecues, the free agent frenzy and everything else that is making this day so crazy, I'm sure that the next induction into our HOF was what everyone had most on their minds . That said, it is my distinct honour to announce that Willus will be the next guy to join the big boys on the block. Congrats on an honour well deserved!

With that, I formally announce the beginning of the 5th term of our PickUpHockey Hall of Fame. Here's who's in so far:

Admin - Inducted October 1st 2008
Beans - Inducted January 1st 2009
Leigh - Inducted April 1st 2009
willus3 - Inducted July 1st 2009

And the candidates for next term are, in alphabetical order:

1 Crosby Fan
99pickles
andyhack
Axey
Bablaboushka
Buddyno2000
Canucks Man
Fly4aPuckGuy
IHATECROSBY
jbraiter
Kashmire
Leafs Rock Planet
leafsfan_101
Mikhailova
oil-country
OILINONTARIO
PainTrain
Pasty7
Patchy
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
semin-rules
tctitans

The list is getting pretty crowded. If you guys want to come up with a way to narrow it down going forward, shoot me an e-mail with some advice.

In any case, voting for the fifth term officially begins now, so get those e-mails in and make your vote count! And again, congrats to Willus on becoming the fourth guy to get inducted into the Hall.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  09:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Alex, just shooting a thought out there but I think voting would be easier, and most likely more accurate, if voting was done on a poll here at pickuphockey. It would definitely see more activity than when people send you in votes, and voting can be done much faster (shorter time frame). Win-Win.

As per shortening down this ballot I have an idea. A vote-off. Two polls, half of the names in one ballot and the other half in the next poll. The winner of poll 1 is put into a 3rd and final poll against the winner of poll two. Adds some drama and excitement and will be sure to get good activity and results.

Tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  09:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Hey Alex, just shooting a thought out there but I think voting would be easier, and most likely more accurate, if voting was done on a poll here at pickuphockey. It would definitely see more activity than when people send you in votes, and voting can be done much faster (shorter time frame). Win-Win.

As per shortening down this ballot I have an idea. A vote-off. Two polls, half of the names in one ballot and the other half in the next poll. The winner of poll 1 is put into a 3rd and final poll against the winner of poll two. Adds some drama and excitement and will be sure to get good activity and results.

Tell me what you think.

Poll voting! Ideas like that are why I voted "leafsfan_101" haha...

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  16:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Alex, please keep it the way it is. Poll voting can be very easily skewed. And yes the list will get longer, but I have no doubt that the gold will shine through. You are a trusted keeper of the Hall so I have no doubt that you are tracking the votes meticulously. Again, keep it the way it is.

Congratulations to Willus! Keep up the great work sir!
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  17:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input guys.

I will have to agree with Ripley on the poll idea. What's to stop someone from making 20 different user accounts and voting over and over? Or figuring out how to get multiple votes for each account? As far as I know, every internet connection, by virtue of the fact that it has a different IP address, will register into the forums as a different guest (might be a little off with the tech stuff, but the concept is valid.) So someone who has a home computer and a work / school computer can get two votes, even by mistake. Too much room for error. Not to mention, it would become a popularity contest. I don't like the dynamic of publicizing the results of each round, either.

And to be clear, voter turnout isn't an issue. Each round has been close, with plenty of voters casting votes actually (already got some votes for this round), and, usually, the posters have had about 200 votes on the one end, or been HOFers themselves on the other. Good representation, that's not a worry.

The only reason I wanted to shorten the ballot was because we've got guys like FlyGuy, Andyhack, Mikhailova, Antroman, Slozo, Babs, etc. that will be eligible for induction in the next few terms, and it will be very easy to get lost in the shuffle when there are so many names on the list.

That being said, after thinking about it I think that the criteria we've established will at the end of the day ensure that whoever makes it in deserves it. Past that, we need to trust that the voters are selecting the best possible candidate and listen to their voice.

Let me know if that sounds about right to you guys, I think it's quite reasonable.

Edited by - Alex on 07/02/2009 17:24:50
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  19:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How am I not in the HOF? I built this forum for frig sakes!

Lol jk :P

Hey guys. It's been so long I don't think any of the new members even know who I am.

Hope everything is going well with the site leigh.

But I definitely think I should be in here :P
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  20:54:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY BABS!!! GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!

It's been a very long time my friend. I thought you were lost out in cyberspace. I imagine you're not in the hall because most of the folks voting have probably not even heard of you You have my vote buddy! So are you going to stick around for while? We can always use your help (and your point of view) Regardless, you're always welcome! Fire me an email and we'll catch up. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  15:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha yeah I figured that would be it, but at heart I know I will always be in the HOF here right? Haha.

I actually thought to come poke my head around here after leafsfan_101 became a part of the sim league I now play in (and spend way too much time on lol), the UESL, but I won't spam your board :P. I re-read my 1000th post extravaganza and couldn't believe how cocky of a little kid I was then, how did you guys put up with me? Haha.

I probably won't be too active (at least until the new season starts), but I'll visit from time to time, for old time's sake!

Until then, take care leigh.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 07/15/2009 15:26:27
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  17:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vote for pedro.... uhh i mean Pasty

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  17:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
uhh... I should vote for uhhh.... Beans and next I would vote for Admin.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  18:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see some campaigning guys. Maybe a run for office one of these days? Ignatieff, Layton and Duceppe are all (should be) on their way out. I guess you can guess where my political allegiance lies!

In all seriousness, one of the founding principles of the HOF was that it would not turn into a popularity contest, rather, it is meant to be a simple way to acknowledge those who have contributed a lot to this website. Under normal circumstances I would disapprove of the precedent set by Babs, except for a few things:

1) I'm 14. I don't have that right.
2) More importantly, he said something valuable, which apparently wasn't well known... Babs built these forums. I'm not tech savvy so I honestly do not know what that means, but obviously the voters do because votes have been flooding my inbox for him since he dropped that message. What he said was relevant and made a difference, so good on him.

Guys, if you want to ''campaign'', be my guest, but please do it within reason. A simple three line bio on what you feel is your unique contribution to the website is fine, and it's actually fun to read what we all bring to keep this baby running. But please, let's not make this silly.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  11:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha sorry Alex I didn't mean to mess up your system... I'm just a member who was (I think, leigh or the Admin would have to confirm) the first non-leigh-or-Admin mod of the forums and I used to contribute here a lot (heck, look at my number of posts haha). I was the first member to 1000 posts and I think 1500 and maybe 2000 also. It's been a while though... I definitely did not technologically "build" these forums so much as I just contributed a lot to them when contribution seemed to be at a low point.
Alex, nice to see you're obviously contributing a great deal to these forums. And you're only 14? Sheesh. Keep it going, I'm sure the Admin loves it.
For all other members: respect the mods and admins, period. They put a great deal of time into making sure the site is fun, inviting, informative and addictive.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  11:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Haha sorry Alex I didn't mean to mess up your system... I'm just a member who was (I think, leigh or the Admin would have to confirm) the first non-leigh-or-Admin mod of the forums and I used to contribute here a lot (heck, look at my number of posts haha). I was the first member to 1000 posts and I think 1500 and maybe 2000 also. It's been a while though... I definitely did not technologically "build" these forums so much as I just contributed a lot to them when contribution seemed to be at a low point.
Alex, nice to see you're obviously contributing a great deal to these forums. And you're only 14? Sheesh. Keep it going, I'm sure the Admin loves it.
For all other members: respect the mods and admins, period. They put a great deal of time into making sure the site is fun, inviting, informative and addictive.

I still vote Babs! haha

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  11:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll stop littering this thread very soon... But I just wanted to add:

As a general HOF rule, anyone who was part of (or hell even remembers) the GOAT draft should automatically be inducted.

I see Beans is still here, he knows what I mean!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  13:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Babs, I think you are the GOAT.

PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!

(Chant with me people)

It's kinda like Orr or Gretzky. There is no wait for someone with that much talent. They get inducted immediately.

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  18:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!

(Chant with me people)

It's kinda like Orr or Gretzky. There is no wait for someone with that much talent. They get inducted immediately.

Aww Beans, you're making me blush.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  19:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!

(Chant with me people)

I agree 100%. PUT HIM IN, PUT HIM IN, PUT HIM IN!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  21:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I think "Mikhailova" was the first to 1000/1500/2000/2500 posts...just a technicality, Babs has my vote regardless...even if he doesn't want to come back and play.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  14:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without further ado I proudly give you our newest member of the Pickup Hockey Hall of Fame - Bablaboushka!

He campaigned for votes and never really looked back from there. 'Atta boy, Babs! This has been the most lopsided turnout in Hall of Fame history.

I'll try to get the new list of candidates by the end of the weekend. All the best, congrats again to Babaloushka!

Edited by - Alex on 10/01/2009 14:20:00
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  10:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So to sum things up once again, here is your PickUpHockey Hall of Fame through five terms - a year and a quarter - of voting.

Bablaboushka - Inducted October 1st 2009

And I now proudly present to you the candidates for the sixth term, to be inducted January 1st 2010 (alphabetical order):

1 Crosby Fan
99pickles
Alex
andyhack
Antroman
Buddyno2000
Canucks Man
Fly4aPuckGuy
IHATECROSBY
jbraiter
Kashmire
Leafs Rock Planet
leafsfan_101
Leafsfan_94
nashvillepreds
oil-country
OILINONTARIO
PainTrain
Pasty7
Patchy
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
semin-rules
slozo
tctitans

Feel free to message me if I missed anyone, but I think that's a pretty comprehensive list.

Tootles!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  11:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if I should be there??

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same i'm not sure if i should be there.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  13:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I shouldnt be there and thats because we havent the post count of the other candidates for PKH HOF plus, I doubt we have been a part of the community for more than 3 years. Of course over half my posts were submitted as guest poster so my numbers are somewhat skewed.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  17:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to reiterate:
Criteria for nomination:
-Member for at least two years (ensures they are a recognized personality on this website)
-Minimum of 500 posts (ensures they have been here a reasonable amount of time)
-Average of 6 posts per day or less (ensures they aren’t a ‘posting-maniac’) - Quality over Quantity please.

So you're getting there boys but not quite eligible yet.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  17:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been starting to be posting for the last 2 months or so but I stopped for 5 months before so that why I only have 0.75 posts per day. I'd say my average is 3 posts per day.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Mickey29
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  04:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  10:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Without further ado I proudly give you our newest member of the Pickup Hockey Hall of Fame - Bablaboushka!

He campaigned for votes and never really looked back from there. 'Atta boy, Babs! This has been the most lopsided turnout in Hall of Fame history.

I'll try to get the new list of candidates by the end of the weekend. All the best, congrats again to Bablaboushka!

Go to Top of Page

phlyguy90
Rookie

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  11:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
howbout phlyguy90? lol
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  11:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I vote myself for the PickUpHockey's most hated Hall of Fame

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  17:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

I vote myself for the PickUpHockey's most hated Hall of Fame

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP

Well, small consolation, but you wouldn't get my vote

I'll just keep it to myself though, i wouldn't wanna stir the pot up....
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  09:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy January 1st everyone! Hope you all had a great evening last night and an even better hangover this morning . Been a crazy week for hockey with the Olympic announcements, World Juniors and today the Winter Classic. What a time to be a hockey fan!

Anyways, amidst the excitement I almost forgot that the 6th term of our Hall of Fame ends today, leaving me with the very humbling duty of announcing myself as the extremely narrow winner of this term's voting. It's a genuinely humbling honour which I hope I can live up to!

So after six terms, or a year and a half, here is what the HOF looks like now:

Alex - Inducted January 1st 2010

Here are the candidates for the seventh term. My list is slightly outdated, I'm pretty sure I included all the guys that have met the criteria since I first compiled this list, but if you think I missed you please let me know! (Criteria: Member >2 years, >500 posts.)

Mikhailova
Axey
1 Crosby Fan
Canucks Man
semin-rules
Kashmire
IHATECROSBY
oil-country
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
leafsfan_101
jbraiter
tctitans
Patchy
Buddyno2000
PainTrain
andyhack
OILINONTARIO
Leafs Rock Planet
Fly4aPuckGuy
99pickles
Pasty7
Leafsfan_94
nashvillepreds
Antroman
slozo
Irvine

E-mail your votes to me and enjoy your January firsts everyone!

Edited by - Alex on 01/01/2010 09:20:51
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  13:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is the next person gonna get inducted?

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  14:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

When is the next person gonna get inducted?

Oops! This was supposed to be on April 1st...

In any case, the (belated) winner for our 7th term is Mikhailova! Nice to see some of our alumni getting the nod, definitely very deserved, as those who can remember Mikhailova can attest to! A great contributor for sure.

That makes our list:

Alex - Inducted January 1st 2010
Mikhailova - Inducted April 1st 2010

Next inductee will be on Canada Day 2010! Here are your candidates:

Axey
1 Crosby Fan
Canucks Man
semin-rules
Kashmire
IHATECROSBY
oil-country
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
leafsfan_101
jbraiter
tctitans
Patchy
Buddyno2000
PainTrain
andyhack
OILINONTARIO
Leafs Rock Planet
Fly4aPuckGuy
99pickles
Pasty7
Leafsfan_94
nashvillepreds
Antroman
slozo
Irvine

Edited by - Alex on 05/22/2010 19:17:12
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  20:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused.

I keep going from being able to be nominated, to not listed as being able.

I've seen my name appear on your list Alex, then, the next one i'm not there.

I believe I meet all of the criteria.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  08:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vote for pedro!!! uhhh i mean pasty7

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  16:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one term that has no clear cut winner but I think I will vote Slozo

Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  19:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

I'm a little confused.

I keep going from being able to be nominated, to not listed as being able.

I've seen my name appear on your list Alex, then, the next one i'm not there.

I believe I meet all of the criteria.

Irvine/prez.

Sorry, it's because I didn't enter you in my database - you've been added to the list!

Let's have those votes e-mailed as opposed to posted in the forum, please.

Good luck to all candidates!
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  08:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Jumbo Joe Rocks.....anyone

RESIGN NABBY AND PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro