Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 crosby is better than ovechkin! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest6728
( )

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  16:38:29  Reply with Quote
OVIE IS BY FAR!!! SIMPLY WAS BETTER THAN THAT SPOILED KID FROM PITTSBURGH.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4327
( )

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  09:42:33  Reply with Quote
crosby's s way better than the guy who's missing 3 teeth.... firstly crosby has a ring of the stanley cup ovechfif doesn't have! Maybe ovechkin has more goals than crosby, but he has the most shots in the NHL even with only 53 games played, if crosby had more shots he would certainly have more goals than the other gay. Finally crosby is a more complete player than ovechow... he plays in both ways of the ice, he does good passes not shots besides the net that makes his assists in game, he has a better %of goals per shots, he drops his gloves to defend his partners(ex vs ballard when he stone cold Malkin) and he has a Stanley cup ring.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4327
( )

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  09:43:29  Reply with Quote
crosby's s way better than the guy who's missing 3 teeth.... firstly crosby has a ring of the stanley cup ovechfif doesn't have! Maybe ovechkin has more goals than crosby, but he has the most shots in the NHL even with only 53 games played, if crosby had more shots he would certainly have more goals than the other gay. Finally crosby is a more complete player than ovechow... he plays in both ways of the ice, he does good passes not shots besides the net that makes his assists in game, he has a better %of goals per shots, he drops his gloves to defend his partners(ex vs ballard when he stone cold Malkin) and he has a Stanley cup ring.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4327
( )

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  09:44:00  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Guest7380
( )

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  12:52:29  Reply with Quote
Guest 4327 wins the worst post yet award. Crosby passes better you say? Ovechkin has more assists. Crosby has a ring, yes. But last I checked hockey is a team game, and Pittsburgh is a much more complete team than Washington last I checked. Keep in mind Crosby didnt' even win MVP when they won the cup. Remember that it took Mario Lemieux a freaking long time to win a cup, because Pittsburgh was so terrible in his early years. And no one is denying he was one of the best. Also, learn english.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  12:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7380
[br]Guest 4327 wins the worst post yet award. Crosby passes better you say? Ovechkin has more assists. Crosby has a ring, yes. But last I checked hockey is a team game, and Pittsburgh is a much more complete team than Washington last I checked. Keep in mind Crosby didnt' even win MVP when they won the cup. Remember that it took Mario Lemieux a freaking long time to win a cup, because Pittsburgh was so terrible in his early years. And no one is denying he was one of the best. Also, learn english.

I couldn't agree more! While i don't normally complain about spelling and grammar, in this case, i have to! Guest4327, please tell your teacher that Alex116 thinks he/she ought to keep you back and repeat whatever grade it is you're in?
BTW, thanks for wasting 7 mins of my life. No, i'm not a slow reader, although it did take me 3 mins to get through that post of yours, but it took me the other 4 mins to try to decipher exactly what you were trying to say.
In the spirit of the Olympics, i award you the gold, silver AND bronze medals for worst post. One medal for each time you posted that waste of time.......

eta... BTW, could someone lock this thread? I'm getting so sick of reading the same crap over and over. Shame on you 30LEAFSFAN for starting this thread!

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/14/2010 12:59:39
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  20:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear what you are saying, Alex . . .

. . . but this topic IS in "trash talk", and it IS a relevent topic about arguably the two best players (forwards) in the league right now. And with the way the season is sizing up, it looks like it'll be a one-two finish between them at the end, which is exciting for any hockey fan.

We can only hope for a final match-up for the gold medal, and be treated to the kind of display we got in the first 6 games of last year's Pit/Wash match-up.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  09:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo....i hear ya. I was only half joking about locking the thread really. It's just annoying that new guests come in and don't read the old posts and then go and post the exact same thing others have 4 times over! Guess i can't expect more than that really and while i do know i don't have to read the thread, i keep clicking on it hoping to hear some new angle arguing the topic!
Or, how bout the clown who comes in here claiming we're all punks who don't talk about anything other than who's best? Guests like that clearly don't read other threads.
Anyway, i'll get over it.....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4352
( )

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  13:21:35  Reply with Quote
[Content Removed - Personal Attack]ovechkin is a dirty [Content Removed - Colorful Language]who stands at centre ice looking to pad his stats and always chokes on a large [Content Removed - Colorful Language] while under pressure and crosby is the best player by far in the NHL he can do anything that ovechkin can do and lets not forget that ovechkin is 2 yrs older and 6'2 235lbs and hits ppl from behind/ headshot/ knee on knee

[Mod -Edit - Let's not forget, just because one is a guest does not take away the need to follow the forum guidelines]
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

Ovechkin had a better points per game average than Crosby last year still does this year. Crosby has only had more points than Ovechkin 1 year out of the 4 years they have both been in the NHL. Ovechkin is also the better defensive player and a harder hitter than Crosby too. Crosby has always has a team to play with where Ovechkin hasn't. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Ovechkin is by far better hockey player than Crosby. Crosby is a whining baby. Ovechkin is the total package. I bet you if Ovechkin was playing for Pittsburgh and Crosby was playing for Washington Ovechkin would be tied with Malkin for the lead or just slightly ahead of him and Crosby would only have about 32 points

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/25/2010 17:35:05
Go to Top of Page

Guest9231
( )

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  06:07:35  Reply with Quote
U guys are all wrong. Crosby is not a better goal scorer or hitter but he dosen't cherry pick, he dosen't take runs at guys and he dosen't take over 500 shots a season. I think crosby is better because he is more of a 2-way player. When you watch ovechkin play he just gives up on the backcheck. I think ovechkin is only good 1-way. If you don't agree with me ask Sergei Gonchar and Brian Cambell.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9231
( )

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  06:15:41  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add Crosby has an Olympic Gold, A World Junior Championship AND a Stanley Cup Ring.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9621
( )

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  16:04:27  Reply with Quote
World juniors:Crosby 1 Ovechkin 0
Stanley Cup:Crosby 2 Ovechkin 0
Olympic Gold:Crosby 3 Ovechkin 0
Go to Top of Page

Hugh G. Rection
Rookie

165 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  23:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So much fail...

1) Ovechkin won the WJC in 2003 with Russia. Also won the U18 Tourney in 2002 as a 16 year old. So its a push here at best.

2) Under this logic, Max Talbot and Matt Cooke are also better players than Ovechkin....

3) Yes, Crosby does have a gold medal, you went 1 for 3. Except Ovechkin also won a gold medal, with Russia, in the World Championships. Not the same but not insignificant either.

Of course using team victories as a metric to judge one player vs another is fairly stupid. Would Crosby have won a gold medal if he was born in Norway?

Who has more hart trophies? Lester B Pearsons? Maurice Richard trophies? Better points-per game average? More points/goals? Who do NHL players think is the better player? (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315609)

Personal achievements obviously the winner is Ovechkin. Statistics also point to him as the winner, although it's clear they are both elite performers. If we include team achievements its obviously Crosby winning. But is that fair? Did he even win the MVP when Pitt won? Did he carry the entire team on his back? No. He was a key contributor on what is a very strong team top to bottom. Kinda like the Olympic team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9494
( )

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  17:36:06  Reply with Quote
Like^^^^
Go to Top of Page

Guest6729
( )

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  00:00:28  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh G. Rection

So much fail...

1) Ovechkin won the WJC in 2003 with Russia. Also won the U18 Tourney in 2002 as a 16 year old. So its a push here at best.

2) Under this logic, Max Talbot and Matt Cooke are also better players than Ovechkin....

3) Yes, Crosby does have a gold medal, you went 1 for 3. Except Ovechkin also won a gold medal, with Russia, in the World Championships. Not the same but not insignificant either.

Of course using team victories as a metric to judge one player vs another is fairly stupid. Would Crosby have won a gold medal if he was born in Norway?

Who has more hart trophies? Lester B Pearsons? Maurice Richard trophies? Better points-per game average? More points/goals? Who do NHL players think is the better player? (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315609)

Personal achievements obviously the winner is Ovechkin. Statistics also point to him as the winner, although it's clear they are both elite performers. If we include team achievements its obviously Crosby winning. But is that fair? Did he even win the MVP when Pitt won? Did he carry the entire team on his back? No. He was a key contributor on what is a very strong team top to bottom. Kinda like the Olympic team.

adding all their years together, crosby has a better PPG than ovechkin. Ovechkin has won the hart back-to-back and still wasn't able to carry his team past the semi-finals. Everybody says Crosby is awesome because of Malkin, they don't even play on the same line, 90 percent of their points they produce together are on the power play. Ovechkin has 2 all stars on his line, Backstrom and semin. Semin now is a 40+ goal scorer and backstrom has reached the 100 point mark. crosby plays with guerin and kunitz and is still able to put up numbers like that. My personal opinion, If I was a GM, I'd have crosby on my team because he has shown he could carry a team at such a young age. Don't tell me it was all malkin when they won, because crosby was only 5 points behind. I think if you put someone like kovalchuk with crosby, crosby would have 130+ point seasons, ovechkin has backstrom and only averages 100-110
Go to Top of Page

Guest6729
( )

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  00:04:24  Reply with Quote
sorry for double post, but also, Crosby was faster to reach 200,300,400 and 500 points.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4501
( )

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  08:10:25  Reply with Quote
of course crosbys better than ovechkin thats a no brainer in all reality ovechkin isnt that good he should not be captian hes just a good foward at times during the regular season and he chokes at every chace he gets at winning king stanleys cup if the caps want ovechkin to good in the playoffs they cant rely on him
Go to Top of Page

Guest2243
( )

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  07:03:08  Reply with Quote
i thought up to this year ovie was a better player, i admit i am WRONG. i think a dislike for crosby has always swayed my thinking. i watched a lot of hockey this year and i must say that crosby is SO, SO, SOOO much more a complete player than ovie will ever be. seems to me at 24 years old ovie has already peaked and is now leveling out, while crosby just keeps getting better still, no telling how great he is going to become. ovie is a one man show who is very predictable, a puck hog, and doesn`t back check very much. crosby on the other hand is a TEAM LEADER who leads by example, very unpredictable with the puck, makes gretzky-like ( no-look ) passes, and is very responsible in his own end.
ive heard the comment all my life regarding great players, ( OH YEAH LOOK AT THE TEAM HE WAS ON ) regardless how great the team is, you should look at the players line-mates, after-all thats who he is on the ice with, not the whole team. regarding the teams performance with/without him, GOAL-TENDING !!! has a lot to do with that, as does a players Plus-Minus, as does a teams penality kill percentage...
Go to Top of Page

Guest0548
( )

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  21:53:56  Reply with Quote
Your wrong ovy has a much better supporting cast then sid.sid is better,and ovechkin IS a choke artist.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  22:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snowing flag kids:

Crosby: 0

Ovechkin: 1

Ha! Ovechkin has the lead over Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  00:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I propose that Ovechkin is nothing more than a Brett Hull with a physical aspect.

I think Crosby is simply a better player all-around.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  12:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always felt that Ovechkin its the more entertaining player to watch, but both these guys are brilliant players. Crosby is getting pretty fun to watch too nowadays.

Am I allowed to like both? Do I have to pick a favorite?

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  13:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In this thread I think it might be sacrilege not favor either ovechkin or crsoby.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6729
( )

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  09:06:19  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

In this thread I think it might be sacrilege not favor either ovechkin or crsoby.

To be honest both players are great, I don't like choosing between them. I just like sid more because i grew up as a pens fan and nobody barley gives him any credit for those un-real assists he pulls off. Both players are great and completely different. In my eyes, crosby is like gretzky, not very exciting to watch but he gets the job done. Ovechkin is like lemieux, exciting to watch but not getting the job done yet. Took crosby 4 years to win the cup, gretzky 5, lemieux 6, I'll be waiting for ovechkin to win. I hope he does because I wouldn't like to see a player like that not in the hall of fame because he hasn't won a cup.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6729
( )

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  13:23:20  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh G. Rection

So much fail...

also that link you provided is terrible, that's only 50 nhlers opinion....try getting the whole league lol....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4004
( )

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  20:43:07  Reply with Quote
how bout those 3 assists 0 goals in 4 games vs montreal
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  21:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both players are of top notch caliber. I don't think anyone will deny that, atleast I hope not.

But my personal favorite is Sidney Crosby, opposed to Alex Ovechkin.

Do I believe one is more talented than the other? I do not.

Do I believe one is more poised and mature than the other? I most certainly do. And to me, it's Crosby.

Both are highly talented in terms of skill. But I prefer Crosby both on and off the ice, from what we get to see as 'backseat drivers.'

Another factor weighing in on my decision is that of Crosby's overall abilities. Ovechkin to me seems fairly one-dimensional. He doesn't seem to try and change the style of his game when it is failing (failing to his standards), or to improve in areas of personal weakness. He continues to play his run and gun style, hit what moves, and repeat.

While Crosby, I find to be more mature. He leads by example, on and off the ice. He develops areas of weakness, during the off season. Coming back, improved, each year in the areas that lacked the previous year.

Such examples are that of faceoffs & shooting (scoring.)

Both areas have improved drastically this year... and it has helped both his personal game, and his team overall.

Crosby is the type of player (in my opinion), who can adapt to his surroundings. Give him a new linemate, and he will change his style of play on a dime to adapt to who he is playing with. Give him a bit of a sniper, Crosby becomes a playmaker. Give him a guy who can't score, Sid does it him self. To me, that makes a great player.

Heart, skill, determination, ability to adapt and most of all, a love for the game. Without love for the game, you'll never achieve what you're capable of. Because you'll never give it your all.

Anyways, that's why I prefer Sid over Alex. But as mentioned, both are highly skilled. And they'll continue for years to come. But, I feel personally that, Sid will continue to improve gradually each year. While Alex, although not peaked yet, will slowly hit a stand still. Hitting his 50 goals still, but not exactly improving in the small areas as I feel Sid will.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4100
( )

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  16:01:55  Reply with Quote
ok to all of u ovie people who think hes better than crosby explain this, he has 2 junier golds and in 2005 led for scoring and in 2006 was the mvp. he haswon a stanley cup, he is the yo8ugnest captain to win a stanley cup, is the youngest person to get 100 points,has was a olympic gold, got the ot goal. has 2 prince of whale trophys.he has a richard,memorial,art rose trophy and all the gms voted crosby as the most wanted player and ovie was even 2 he was 3rd luongo was 2nd. ask ovie how hes doing golf right now and then ask crosby..no wait crosby is still playing having a cance to win and wen the caps got a to many men penatily they but ovie in cuz they now he cant kill time if his life depended on it and crosby is always on the pentiltiy kill
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  17:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4100

ok to all of u ovie people who think hes better than crosby explain this, he has 2 junier golds and in 2005 led for scoring and in 2006 was the mvp. he haswon a stanley cup, he is the yo8ugnest captain to win a stanley cup, is the youngest person to get 100 points,has was a olympic gold, got the ot goal. has 2 prince of whale trophys.he has a richard,memorial,art rose trophy and all the gms voted crosby as the most wanted player and ovie was even 2 he was 3rd luongo was 2nd. ask ovie how hes doing golf right now and then ask crosby..no wait crosby is still playing having a cance to win and wen the caps got a to many men penatily they but ovie in cuz they now he cant kill time if his life depended on it and crosby is always on the pentiltiy kill

After reading this, i can only hope that one of these two things is true:

1. English is not your first language
2. You have yet to complete grade 3.

Sorry, i know we're not supposed to slag people for spelling mistakes, but that was as close to unreadable as i've ever seen on here!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4100
( )

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  19:35:48  Reply with Quote
lol its ok yaa im not the best typer
Go to Top of Page

Guest4100
( )

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  19:41:12  Reply with Quote
here ill say it again,
1 stanley cup
2 prince of whale thropies
1 olympic gold
2 junier golds
memorial trophy
richard trophy
art rose trophy
yougnest person to get 100 points
youngest person to win the stanley cup and be captain
in the juniers 2005 led for scoring
in 2006 was the mvp
gms voted crosby most wants player ovie was 3rd and luongo was 2nd
ovie doesnt kill time unlike crosby
and ask ovie how hes doing in golf and then ask crosby no wait he can make it far in the playoffs
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  21:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're kidding, right? You didn't just type all that again with pretty much the same tragic number of spelling / grammatical errors? Please don't believe the saying "3rd time lucky", i just don't think i could handle it?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  01:32:06  Reply with Quote
wonder if this debate happens after/if the Russians, Ovie and company choke again at the Worlds, lol..........not sure who should beat them thou, as most teams are undermanned due to the Olympics
Go to Top of Page

Guest4100
( )

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  14:24:07  Reply with Quote
ok first of all i only made one mistake and i get the first time but dude why r u looking at my typing this is about hockey okkk and ur joke isnt funny
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  14:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8116

Ovi has semin , crosby shooting blanks

I agree with you there guest 8116

GO SHARKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  14:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2250

OVECHKIN is better your stunned !!!!!!! ovechkins better no doubt,he's just beter crosby crosby's and sore loser,sook,and sukier then ovechkin thats all i need to say.

No Crosby is better.No way Ovi is better

GO SHARKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  16:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4100

here ill say it again,
1 stanley cup
2 prince of whale thropies
1 olympic gold
2 junier golds
memorial trophy
richard trophy
art rose trophy
yougnest person to get 100 points
youngest person to win the stanley cup and be captain
in the juniers 2005 led for scoring
in 2006 was the mvp
gms voted crosby most wants player ovie was 3rd and luongo was 2nd
ovie doesnt kill time unlike crosby
and ask ovie how hes doing in golf and then ask crosby no wait he can make it far in the playoffs

My apologies, i usually don't care about spelling, but yours wasn't just bad, it was brutal! As for "one mistake"? Huh? Count'em again, they're in red. And i didn't even bother with the punctuation or poor grammar like " .....voted Crosby most wants player....."?

Again, i'm sorry, i'll let it go now, you need not reply.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4100
( )

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  16:45:07  Reply with Quote
ok ur starting to piss me of its about hockey not english ok so shut the f*** up and respond without talking about english

Okay, you're starting to bother me - it's about hockey, not grammar. So please, refrain from your complaints, and respond without pointing out my spelling/grammar errors, thanks.

[ moderator edit ]

Edited by - n/a on 10/03/2010 17:41:00
Go to Top of Page

Guest4565
( )

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  16:15:24  Reply with Quote
Hmm they'r both real good but they'r different kind of player we can't compare but i personally i prefer AO's playin style
Go to Top of Page

Guest4897
( )

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  01:32:16  Reply with Quote
Crosby has a cup!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page