Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 We're looking for a new Forum Moderator Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  16:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why dont you simply not allow a Guest to start a topic or add an attachment. If they sign in to an account have lower post ranking approved attachments and/or topic creation. I doubt a 100 post member would become a spammer. Food for thought.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  19:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming the spammers would just attack an already started post, like this one? That might actually be even worse!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  11:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol Slozo. Just like Alex 116 I also didn't notice that this is a thread from early in the year. Overall our mods do a good job and do so on a volunteer basis. It is understanable if they aren't always able to get here first thing in the morning. I had just assumed a moderator hadn't yet been chosen. Sorry Slozo.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  12:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a member of the computer science / web development community, preventative measures will only work up to a certain point...

How about to start a topic (or even to reply to a topic) the poster has one additional step -typing a word that appears as an image.

Any spammer worm etc will not be able to do that and it adds a couple seconds to each post at most which I feel would be worth it to save everyone some hassle. (Of course that doesn't prevent human typed spam...)

http://www.phpjabbers.com/phpexample.php?eid=19
There is an example at the very bottom of the page where you can post.

My 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page