Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 TRADES - READ THIS! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ben
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  22:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do i swap a player without the stats changing. example taking out markov for another defensemen and having their points start from zero. thanx

ben

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  22:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Ben, thanks for posting.

In short form however, use the "SPLIT" trade option so that the points are split between the old player and the new at the trade date. Your admin must login and got to the EDIT POOL / EDIT POOL DETAILS...scroll to the bottom of the page and turn trades on, then click on split and save.

If you need more detail just fire an email to support at pickuphockey.com and we'll hook you up.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7444
( )

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  12:12:46  Reply with Quote
is it possible to do a split trade and swap players with who are both taken on fantasy teams? or can you only swap with a player not selected by anyone in your pool
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  13:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do trades work?

The Pool Administrator conducts all the trades. If you are not a pool administrator you CANNOT conduct trades. By default the trades are turned off. The administrator must turn them on to conduct official trades via the Trades System. Go to the "edit pool details" page to turn the trades on.

Trade Types:
- A Replacement Trade means that you trade away ALL the points of the first player and pick up ALL the points of the second player.
- A Split Trade means that you keep the points of the traded player up to the trade date and start collecting points of the acquired player after the trade date.

Trade Dates: Once you have established whether you will have trades and what type of trade you will do, you must then select the dates at which you would like to make your trades. You can do this in the "Trades" section of the pool (see the menu on the left) there are 2 tabs; "Trade Dates" and "Conduct Trades". Choose Trade Dates. You can have several trade dates. The amount of dates you add is optional; you can have only 1 or you can input unlimited trade dates. The system will use these dates when processing the trades. When you add the dates is up to you because the trade dates are retroactive. If you don't have time to input all the trades before the trade date, don't worry. Once you input the trades the system will calculate the new points from the trade date selected.

Conducting a Trade: When your trade dates are set up you will then need to conduct the trades. You can conduct them by going to the "Trades" page which is found just below the "Edit Pool" button in the left menu. Select the "Conduct Trades" tab at the top. Please select the trade date from the drop down list and then the team. Below that click on "add trade" and 2 input boxes will appear. In the left box choose the player you want to trade away and in the right box choose the player you want to acquire for that team and click "save". That's it! Repeat for each team as needed.

Viewing a trade: After a trade is conducted the traded player remains visible in the pool teams lineup however they are grayed out. This is so others can see that player's contribution to the total points of that team. Of course, they will not continue acquiring points. The newly acquired player's points may at first be zero. If you just conducted the trade today then the system will need to refresh before they show. The system refreshes daily at approximately 1:30am PST.

I can't see the new players yet?
Please remember that the original player in the trade will collect points up to and including the trade date. The newly acquired players will show up 2 days after the trade date because the first day after the trade date will show the old player's points that he accumulated on the trade date. The second day after will show the new player's points from the day after the trade date (his first day of action).

Things to Remember:
1) Points take effect the day AFTER a trade date.
2) If your pool is set to be a DRAFT style of pool then a pool team can only acquire a player in a trade if the player is not owned by another team. If that player is owned by another pool team, then they must be dropped from his current team first and then acquired by the new team. If you try to select a player already drafted the system will alert you.
3) The newly acquired player's points may zero out until the system refreshes at 1:30am PST.
4) You may have assigned different point values for forwards, defense, goalies so be sure to acquire players from the same position. By default if a player is selected to be an Enforcer then the acquired player will be an enforcer too. You can disable the enforcer from the EDIT POOL / MANAGE POOL TEAM ROSTERS page.

Players Swapping: Swapping is not considered to be a trade. We realize that sometimes NHL players are added to your pool teams accidentally or a team may select an injured player and everyone allows him to swap him out etc. So an administrator can swap players at will without affecting trades by simply going to the EDIT POOL / MANAGE POOL TEAM ROSTERS page and editing the players on the pool team. It would be just as if he was setting the pool up originally. Just go into any team and swap the players needed. If you do it this way you will swap all of that player's points for the new player's points. You can always swap back if you like. Swapping is not considered a trade.

Go to Top of Page

Guest7444
( )

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  14:26:37  Reply with Quote
so you cannot swap with someone and keep the players original points. all points must be transfered as well?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  14:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually you can, but it's not pretty.

Just trade away one player from the first team for a DUMMY player (a guy who has zero points) Then you can go to the second team and acquire through a trade the dropped player from the first team. Then go back to the first team and drop the dummy player and pick up the traded player originally from the second team.

I know, I know...It's not elegant but it works. Definitely an item we've had on our list to make better.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6176
( )

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  16:21:18  Reply with Quote
using Ramzi Abid...thats what i did couple years ago and its been a joke ever sine lol
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  16:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA! We'll call it the "Ramzi Abid" function. Nice!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7678
( )

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  03:58:07  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Just trade away one player from the first team for a DUMMY player (a guy who has zero points) Then you can go to the second team and acquire through a trade the dropped player from the first team. Then go back to the first team and drop the dummy player and pick up the traded player originally from the second team.

I know, I know...It's not elegant but it works. Definitely an item we've had on our list to make better.

Cheers!

Go to Top of Page

Guest7678
( )

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  04:09:39  Reply with Quote
Admin--Are you really saying that there's no better way to carry out a split trade between two teams, involving two active players?

I am trying to carry out a trade between Team A and Team B in my pool -- Rafalski for Ehrhoff, let's say. When I click on 'Trades' and pull up Team A, the website won't let me trade away Rafalski for Ehrhoff because -- guess what -- Ehrhoff belongs to Team B. (Seems to miss the point of what a 'trade' is, but whatever.) So I go into 'Edit Pool', remove Ehrhoff from Team B's roster to make him 'available', go back to 'Trades', and can now trade away Rafalski and pick up Ehrhoff.

But how do I then register that same trade (in reverse) for Team B? He no longer has Ehrhoff on his roster to trade away for the 'available' Rafalski. If I try to manually amend the rosters (under 'Edit Pool') in order to make this possible, the website magically makes the earlier Team A trade (Rafalski-->Ehrhoff) Disappear. Also, it completely screws up the point splits for both teams.

Is there really no way to register a simple player-for-player trade involving two teams?

quote:
Originally posted by admin

Cheers!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page