Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Norris trophy Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6177
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  16:34:29  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the Norris trophy this year

Choices:

Nicklas Lidstrom
Dion Phanuef
Shea Weber
Andrei Markov
Scott Niedermayer
Chris Pronger
Zdeno Chara
Brian Campbell
Brian Rafalski
Sheldon Souray
Mark Streit
Dan Boyle
Mike Green
Other (who)

Guest6177
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  16:36:03  Reply with Quote
I say Mike Green he is leading all defensemen in points and has already missed like 12 games or something
Go to Top of Page

Guest6970
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  16:41:12  Reply with Quote
mike green obviously. the guy is unreal. hes a defenseman thats over point per game...
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  03:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta go with Chara, he is anchoring a surprisingly solid Boston Bruin club. Not only that but he has emerged as a true leader this year. I know he has been the captain but his leadership of the Bruins looks to have taken another step this year. Could be because they are winning. Anyways I think without Chara the Bruins would be less of a team and maybe not where they are in the standings. For that reason I say Norris for Chara.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  05:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing is guaranteed this year - there will be controversy over the Norris, as there hasn't been such a gifted field in some time.

I would add Wideman from the Bruins, who I would personally take over Chara this year, actually.

Green, Boyle, Markov, Wideman are probably the three I'd pick right now, although it's hard to overlook Streit's +1 and 37 points on the worst team in the league.

I can't see San Jose keeping up the pace they've been at, so I have to think Boyle's numbers will dip in the last third. And Montreal is already starting to look ordinary after their quick start, I bet Markov won't keep up the pace either.

I say the Green Machine! And deservedly so.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4150
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  08:25:32  Reply with Quote
Mike Green or Shea Weber without a doubt.

Green will be the next NHL d-man to get 100 pts in a season in a few years playing with Ovechkin.

(ADMIN EDIT - LINK REMOVED - SPAM)
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  12:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not often does one of the big trophies that are not stat based (Vezina, Hart, Pearson, Norris, Calder) go to a player from a losing team. Although guys like Weber could win it, they will not because of the team they play on.

I would say that Lidstrom will be nominated, almost by force from the league. Markov should also, and Boyle. Green missed time and is pretty one-dimensional at this time. He reminds me of Phaneuf. Brilliant offensive defensemen but needs some polish in his own end. Phaneuf is a stretch to be there, he is hugely popular. Keith has an outside shot, as does Blake.

I don't know, I would be pretty hard pressed to vote against Boyle at this point. He (along with Blake) have made a great team even better. That is not an easy thing to do. Especially considering he didn't really want to leave Tampa, he has done extremely well.

I say Boyle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page