Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 My Montreal Canadiens.. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  07:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Lecavalier D'Agostini Tanguay
Lang Paciorrty Higgens
Lapierre Latendress Kostopoulos
Chpichura Laraque Stewart

Aubin

Markov Boynton
Hamirlik Beauchemin
Weaber Schienider

O'Byrn, Carle

Carey Price
Mathieu Garon

Now to expalin why Vinny has apeard on my roster.. I am not one of those frantic habs fans who goes nuts everytime the smallest rumor comes up but The team 990 here in montreal reported thant Alex Tanguay was informed he was first priority of the The UFA's but they had another priority in the form of a trade, here's hoping but if i could set up the habs realisticly to my liking this is what my team would look like,, the reason there is no Pleaknec and no Kostitsyn's is i gave all three of them up and P.K Subban for Mr Lecavalier (this being the only part of my roster that could be unrealisic because we never know what tampa would say to this offer) i think its fair 3 20 + goal scorers under the age of 25 plus a solid defense prospect,, might have to throw in a pick but.... now this is not a team that wil win the cup this year but they will make the playoffs and gain expirence and hopfully a guy like vinny will attract other superstar or quality players to a city like mtl

Pasty

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  08:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The second Vinny has a mini slump the media will jump all over him. The fans will start to boo and then his production and confidence will plummet. The habs will miss the playoffs and the entire city will be screaming "Trade Vinny, Fire Gainey"

hahaha, I dont like to be so negative but that just seems to be the way of things in Montreal...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  09:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

The second Vinny has a mini slump the media will jump all over him. The fans will start to boo and then his production and confidence will plummet. The habs will miss the playoffs and the entire city will be screaming "Trade Vinny, Fire Gainey"

hahaha, I dont like to be so negative but that just seems to be the way of things in Montreal...

its true the media and fans suck in this city but vinny is a top 3 player in the league and his production will not decrease,, he is one of the few that i think can handle it because he is simple that good,,, we're talking about vinny lecavalier not danny briere

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  09:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea, i was joking more than anything, despite the fact that there is some truth to what I said.

Vinny ain't top 3... Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin..... but I hear ya.
I do think Vinny could handle it, but im not so sure he wants to... I really dont think Vinny wants to go to Montreal at all. I dont think he even wants to be traded...

Montreal and Toronto are cursed 'cause of the media. Guys stay away from the best Hockey markets in the world because they are SCARED. Doesnt really happen in MLB or the NBA. guys beg to play for the Yankees or Lakers, yet in the NHL, the media pressure is too much to handle....WTF!

Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  09:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure there's other forums that talk about fans wishful lineups...

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  13:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

Pretty sure there's other forums that talk about fans wishful lineups...

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

pretty sure this one is about one specific team

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4161
( )

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  11:43:29  Reply with Quote
So you let go Kovalev, Komisarek and Koivu to sign Beauchemin, Tanguay, Schneider, Lang and Boynton and make room for the salary of Lecavalier? Yeah that makes sence.

There will be some heavy changes in MTL by the looks of it they still have so many UFA to take care of and they right now have 33 millions in Cap space. They will let go some guys for sure and sign others.

As for Lecavalier he would fit well in Montreal but the pressure would be huge, He would be consider the best forward to play with the team since Guy Lafleur. And plus he's french and from L'Ile Bizzard, an island next to Montreal.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  15:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4161

So you let go Kovalev, Komisarek and Koivu to sign Beauchemin, Tanguay, Schneider, Lang and Boynton and make room for the salary of Lecavalier? Yeah that makes sence.

There will be some heavy changes in MTL by the looks of it they still have so many UFA to take care of and they right now have 33 millions in Cap space. They will let go some guys for sure and sign others.

As for Lecavalier he would fit well in Montreal but the pressure would be huge, He would be consider the best forward to play with the team since Guy Lafleur. And plus he's french and from L'Ile Bizzard, an island next to Montreal.

the catch is guys like D agostini have to show hey have the potential to be top six forwards,, maxwell and paciorty too if they have terrible years hopfully i left myself enough cap space to pick up a solid top six winger for the playoff push

Pasty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page