Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Battle of Pittsburgh? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  11:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I don't mean two Pittsburgh teams...

I mean Malkin or Crosby?

If your were the GM of the Pens, and you HAVE TO get rid of either Malkin, or Crosby....who do you keep?

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

Choices:

Evgeni Malkin
Sidney Crosby

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  12:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby because he is way more maketable imo. And at the end of the day its all about money.
Go to Top of Page

zachary
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  07:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's true tbar. I aggreed with you on this.

--------------
Cheers,
Best [ moderator edit ] ever.

Edited by - n/a on 06/09/2009 05:00:02
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  05:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was very sneaky, zachary - editing your own post later to put in a link like that.

Don't do it again.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  20:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are both at $8.7 Million until after the 2012-13 season... Personally I think Malkin has proven to be worth more than Crosby, harder worker on both ends of the ice and he is by far their best player in the Playoffs when it matters...

You people choose Crosby, why cause he's the so-called Canadian hero?????????....... That's fine with me

Malkin can join the Leafs for all I care haha that would be sweet

Edited by - hanley6 on 06/09/2009 20:43:41
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  19:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

they are both at $8.7 Million until after the 2012-13 season... Personally I think Malkin has proven to be worth more than Crosby, harder worker on both ends of the ice and he is by far their best player in the Playoffs when it matters...

You people choose Crosby, why cause he's the so-called Canadian hero?????????....... That's fine with me

Malkin can join the Leafs for all I care haha that would be sweet

Malkin is a harder worker at both ends of the ice? Not sure which Pittsburgh team you're watching.

"Society, have mercy on me. Hope you're not angry if I disagree." - Jerry Hannan
Go to Top of Page

Guest2363
( )

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  16:27:40  Reply with Quote
Malkin
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  18:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin is a two way player he rushes back the opposing team has the puck, he hits, blocks shots... He is more effective with the puck than sid the kid..

Crosby is a one way player, when things aren't going his way be gives up, whines and head hunts

I'd take Malkin over Crosby anyday
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  18:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously, it's not worth the arguement. Some people are simply watching a different game than the rest of us.

To stay on topic, last year I would have said Malkin. However, with everything that has happened this year and the way Crosby has developed, I take the Kid without much thought.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  04:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd take Crosby over Malkin.

Malkin can play with tenacity, but you have to put the word can in there . . . he doesn't bring it every night, even when it matters most in the playoffs. It's weird, because he is obviously leading in playoff scoring and has played awesome - but he has take about half a dozen of those games off, despite his goal/assist totals. Crosby, on the other hand, I have not seen him take one shift off - he continuously works hard, even in this series where he has been effectively stifled so far.

Stats-wise, these guys are so close it's a toss-up. Crosby brings more leadership, tenacity, and grit.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4163
( )

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  07:45:53  Reply with Quote
Crosby

He's already a dominant player and he will just continue to improve over the years. Give it 5 years and he will prove he's better then Malkin or Ovechkin for that matter. In the long run I see Crosby better then any other player.

And like people said Crosby just works hard every shift.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  21:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude Crosby got bumped up a little bit, nice clean hit and he sat out for the rest of the game, he's a baby... Malkin at least plays doesn't whine like Crosby does and doesn't act like he's hurt every time he gets hit...

The main reason why Pittsburgh got so far in the Playoffs had nothing to do with Crosby.... it was mainly Malkin

Edited by - hanley6 on 06/13/2009 21:54:51
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  23:41:27  Reply with Quote
quote:

dude Crosby got bumped up a little bit, nice clean hit and he sat out for the rest of the game, he's a baby... Malkin at least plays doesn't whine like Crosby does and doesn't act like he's hurt every time he gets hit...

The main reason why Pittsburgh got so far in the Playoffs had nothing to do with Crosby.... it was mainly Malkin

They got that far because of both crosby and Malkin. Lose either one, they arent there. Also, crosby was hit in an awekward way. His knee took all the force of that hit. Whether a hit is clean or not, it can still injure someone. Easy to say that someone takes a light hit and gets hurt easy when your not the one out there. Last year horcoff got injured in the allstar game where there is no contact and he was gone for the rest of the season. Crosby also could have been playing with an injury already. Dont be too quick to judge, im sure you as a leafs fan would defend Crosby to the last breathe if he was a leaf.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  04:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9235

quote:

They got that far because of both crosby and Malkin. Lose either one, they arent there. Also, crosby was hit in an awekward way. His knee took all the force of that hit. Whether a hit is clean or not, it can still injure someone. Easy to say that someone takes a light hit and gets hurt easy when your not the one out there. Last year horcoff got injured in the allstar game where there is no contact and he was gone for the rest of the season. Crosby also could have been playing with an injury already. Dont be too quick to judge, im sure you as a leafs fan would defend Crosby to the last breathe if he was a leaf.

No I wouldn't... I would if it was serious, like a broken leg or a concussion, if it's just a bruise the guy is making $8.7 Million a year to sit out with a little bump, he better play. He gets hit nothing severe and he needs to take time off... I hate guys like that... I remember Dougie Gilmour when he was captain of the Leafs, he'd play injured or sick, why? cause he had heart... Same with Tie Domi, he'd play hurt too....

Edited by - hanley6 on 06/14/2009 04:35:56
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  06:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hanley, usually I ignore you, but not today:

You are an ignoramus when it comes to observing the play.

It certainly wasn't a clean hit on Crosby, first of all, when you consider how late it came after the puck skipped by him - there was even debate over whether he touched the puck or not, but I think he barely did. Secondly, the hit was an extremely awkward one, he obviously buggered up his knee, otherwise he would have been playing . . . did you even notice how he could barely skate off the ice afterward?!? The man was in a lot of pain . . . and frankly, I was surprised to see him come back and try to play again.

At first, I thought (as I watched with my hockey-playing buddy) that they might have just let him sit on the bench for moral support, as we watched the first two minutes of the third . . . then I saw him having a long discussion with the coach, and he finally let him on the ice for a faceoff in the attacking zone. He won the faceoff, but clearly was skating in a great amount of pain, and not that well . . . he had gotten a taste of how well he could skate, and it wasn't good enough for him, or the coach. He took himself off before becoming a defensive liability.

I thought his actions showed great maturity, as one of the superstars, to be able to recognise when you should just be sitting in a 2-0 game at the time in the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals. What a pride swallowing move that must have been for him, wanting so badly to play of course.

Hanley, if you don't know squat about knee injuries, and don't realise that the knee is a pretty integral part to being ABLE TO SKATE, then don't comment on it. If you think someone like Crosby was only a little injured and didn't want to play because of a little pain in the 3rd period of the 7th game of the Stanley Cup, you are beyond ignorant.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  10:35:56  Reply with Quote
Well said Slozo! I can't stand when guys attack players and call them soft of whiners in such instances. Hanley, do you really believe that Crosby wasn't hurt bad enough to be able to play? Do you really think he or any player for that matter would prefer to sit out than play in the 3rd period of game 7 for the Stanley Cup? I can only describe you as delusional because the real words i'd like to use will get me banned. However, if when the 2010 team is selected, Crosby declines the invite cuz he doesn't wanna play in pressure situations, i'll reconsider your sill comments here.
Equally ridiculous is this comment you made - "...and he (Malkin) is by far their best player in the Playoffs when it matters..." To call Malkin their best player in the playoffs is acceptable and still could be debated, but "BY FAR"??? C'mon son, think before you speak...errrrr, type.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  15:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me just say this. Even if I agree that Crosby was a whiny player and didn't play with Heart(which I don't) there is not a hockey player in the history of the world that would bench himself in the 3rd period of game 7 for the Stanley Cup because they didn't feel like playing.

3 Years ago, I agree that Crosby is a whiner. I always said back then that when the Kid starts working his way through the play (because he does get beat on as much or more than any superstar) and starts punishing teams on the scoreboard, he will be nearly impossible to stop.

That happened this past year. He has matured to the point of a true NHL leader and I really enjoy watching him play. Few play with the heart he has, and if he was on the bench through the 3rd, there was a very good reason for it. Clean hit or not, he was injured. Not hurt, injured.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  05:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Crosby had played the third, the Pens would have lost. His leg would have killed him, and the team. He couldn't turn, or stop on a dime, so he would pretty much always be behind the play, this would've pretty much given the Wings a PP every shift he played.

Sid could have been like most superstars and demanded ice time from the coach, but he took the classy route. Sat out and watched the 3rd period, of Game 7 of the STANLEY CUP FINAL, from the bench, unable to do anything to help.

By all means Crosby is not my favourite player, by all means lol...but you gotta tip your hat eventually.

Now, back to the topic of Crosby vs. Malkin! :) Evgeni and Max stepped up big without Crosby, so I still go with Malkin, but Sidney's a close second (55/45) lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Guest8241
( )

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:06:59  Reply with Quote
I do believe the poll results show...

Malkin is the choice of more people :) I'm gunna go with Malkin too...113 Pts, how can you not?
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  16:18:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this is the toughest poll I've come across in a long time. When I first read it I thought "Crosby" instinctively, but the more I thought about it, the more my mind shifted.

I think I would have to take Malkin. I do love Sidney's heart, the guy absolutely lives to play hockey and I don't think he takes a shift off, unlike Malkin who does seem to drop down a gear or two from time to time (but I think Malkin is showing signs of growing out of that) I think Crosby is as pure a hockey player as their is. No doubt his maturity is growing and he'll be a great leader in the game in a few years; he certainly gained credibility with the cup raised over his head last week.

Their point totals are a wash at this point in time, but I think Malkin's potential upside is much higher than Crosby's. I think 125 points is likely Crosby's top end, whereas Malkin's is probably more like 140 or more. I believe this because Crosby has to fight tooth and nail for every point (I admire this!) while Malkin seems to make it look effortless...now imagine if he stopped taking shifts off.

I also feel Malkin will be more consistent year over year. Crosby is already experiencing serious injury troubles and will likely miss more games as he ages. Malkin is 4 inches taller and will undoubtedly be stronger and more enduring as they both mature into men in a game where average size is increasing regularly.

Now you may be saying "what about the intangibles, like leadership?" Yes this is true, Crosby has the potential to be a stronger leader for many reasons, not the least of which is that the league is in North America where English is not Malkin's first language. But truth be told, I think there are better leaders in the league that I would try to recruit over Crosby. It does make me wonder how good Crosby would be if he was allowed to just play the game instead of also being an ambassador to it. Scary thought!

Anyway for these reasons I think I'd take Malkin, but I'm sure I could be swayed if someone countered my argument with some good info. I'm pretty flexible on this subject yet.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  16:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Points Leigh. Makes a lot of sense.

One other thing that people might not be considering is which player would you get more value for trade wise. I mean, with this hypothetical question, you have to assume that both are under contract.

So, which players could be added to your roster by trading Crosby and which if you traded Malkin?? Also, which player's ability on the ice is more easily replaced with other players???

It's one of the more difficult questions that I have seen on this site for some time.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  16:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having a difficult time with this poll. Crosby or Malkin and I have to get rid of one for sure!
They both have the offensive talent that pays huge dividends for any team. Crosby, I believe is a more rounded player at this point and covers better defensively even though Malkins defensive game improved as the season went on.
Really here is my take. Crosby to me will develop into a more offensively skilled Bryan Trottier while not quite getting to Gretzky or Lemieux territory but almost. Winning tons of hardware throughout his career. For those who are not old enough to realize who Bryan Trottier is, he was the captain of the NYI in the 70's and 80's. A very skilled forward who played with an edge and gritty side and could put up big offensive numbers and have a solid defensive game when needed. He led the Isles to 4 consecutive cups. He was considered one of the best ever captains in the NHL and known for strong leadership on and off the ice.
I think Malkin will be more like Sergei Fedorov. A gifted goal scorer for most of his career and offensively peaking before he should. Not really developing into a true leader til later in his career. Like Federov he will have a selfish side to him for most of his younger years and slowly develop into solid two way player because he has to. Most russian players end up this way (not a knock on russians it just seems to be that way). None the less, a player who is effective his entire career.
I think I keep Crosby. I think a franchise can turn into a Dynasty like those Isles in the early 80s, the Oil in the mid 80's, and the Habs in the 70's with a player like Crosby as the foundation.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  06:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see where you're coming from, Leigh . . . here's my attempt to sway your opinion:

You are correct sir - Evgeni has definitely started to become the player we all want him to be, and I do agree that if he stays in the same situation that he's in now, he will get better at not taking shifts off. And maybe we should take a look at why, hmm?

I would say that there are two factors here, and they both center around Sidney Crosby. For starters, here is a kid who through no fault of his own will always be looked upon as the team leader and the 1a superstar on the team. Why? Well, he's Canadian, and that's the driving force of hockey fan interest. So, in a sense, Malkin has gotten a bit of a free ride, in essence, as a super talent who normally would be expected to carry the team, and who should be getting all the spotlights. But, he doesn't get that . . . not even from the Russian media, who are all over Ovechkin first and foremost. I mean, he seems like a nice guy, but he can't really speak English, for starters, and, well . . . there is Sidney to take the heat. So, looking at that situation, and knowing that however unfair it might be, Sidney Crosby has taken about 95% of the heat thrown the two superstar's way, how have they fared in their different situations?

Malkin - no pressure whatsoever when you consider his talent, etc, and he gets to play in the shadow of another superstar, while he moves to a new country with no knowledge of the language. He puts up the impressive numbers we want and hoped for, but leaves us wanting more somehow, even in the two years where he's a solid mvp candidate. He also doesn't seem to have put a lot of effort into learning English, despite his responsibilities as a superstar to be able to communicate with everyone on the team. But, after a few years in the league, he wins a cup in an incredible run while garnering the playoff mvp by default, as he gets the most points and while Crosby doesn't make enough noise in the finals to take it himself - fair enough. B+

Crosby - he's under the kind of intense scrutiny that even Wayne Gretzky can't imagine from the age of 18 . . . because when Gretzky came into the league, no one was calling him the next Gretzky! I can't believe the pressure put on him, and the media attention, the girls throwing themselves at this young man, the kind of money being thrown around, the totally unfair expectations put on him . . . and what does he do? Well, he also puts up the numbers, the numbers that any fair person would expect, and he does it with tenacity. From a very young age, he begins to mature into a real fighter, a superstar who is not afraid to go into the corners if necessary. And then after a few years, he wins a cup, which is only possible because he single-handedly wins a series against Washington with just an unbelievable performance against probably the best player in the league, matching him stride for stride. It is a legendary battle that will be remembered for a long time, and he does it with grit and tenacity. In the finals, he is mostly quiet on the scoresheet, but he does all the little things that you want - he does create good chances, and he negates the other team's top line by playing impeccable defence (which isn't really covered by the media, btw). Game 7 he sustains what should be an injury to put him out into the stands, but he gamely refuses to quit and knows the team needs his presence not to sag in the third period with a thin 2 goal lead . . . he has the maturity to realise he isn't skating nearly well enough after a solid face-off win, and stays on the bench for moral support. The team hangs on for the cup. Except for a bit of immaturity at times in his earlier years that is quickly disappearing, he exceeds what any rational being could expect from this young man. I give him an A

To add to this "growing maturity" from Malkin, have we considered that it is easy to gain this hockey maturity when someone who is your peer in every way - superstar with huge expectations, tons of skill, very young - has way more of the spotlight (not comparable) and is in fact growing up to be a solid leader of the team as well, despite the heat thrown his way? How could you not follow up on the example shown to you . . . it is an infectious thing, and when one of the two superstars on your team is also the one who works the hardest, everyone starts to "get the picture" and follows suit. We see it with Ovechkin on Washington, and we saw it with Yzerman in Detroit, in terms of work ethic on the ice. So yeah, Malkin has started to mature . . . finally, one might say. Would he have been able to do so alone, withou being behind Crosby's lead? I doubt it.

All that being said, now we have to decide which of these guys can carry the team flag - BY HIMSELF. And the one by far most prepared to do that is Sidney Crosby, because frankly, he can already take the heat, we've seen that. But we haven't seen that from Malkin, notwithstanding a brief half season when Crosby was injured. To me, this half season - when he did excel, I must add - is not indicative of the kind of singular attention one would get when truly being top dog on the team, with no one waiting to swoop in and take the heat when things turn a bit sour.

And who wouldn't want your best player to also be your leader? It's the kind of situation that every coach dreams of . . . you don't dream about needing a translator to communicate with your top player, never getting any kind of connection with him or between him and most of the players you wish of your top star. No, as a coach, you dream of a superstar like Crosby who you don't need to coax into giving his all every shift, and leading by example. This is the kind of leader that brings up the whole team - heck, if the superstar is doing all that, everyone will buy into it.

Crosby may have already had more injuries, and may get more - getting the most attention often does that. And Malkin is a special player with great talent.

But Crosby is a special person with great leadership, as well as being a special talent. And for me, I'll take an Yzerman or a Messier that gets injured once in a while over a Mogilny or Jagr.

Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  12:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly more people are taking Malkin over Crosby lol

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  14:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, nice monologue, seriously, I felt your passion buddy. But no dice, in the last few years Malkin has matured and so has Crosby. I'm sure Malkin has learned a thing or two from Crosby but considering they are about the same age, they are probably learning from each other. Again, a wash.

To counter your "Malkin needs Crosby" argument, I am confident that if that were true then no doubt Malkin could have learned even more playing on another team with an even stronger leader....perhaps an Iginla, Sakic, Niedermayer or a Lidstrom (the list goes on when you start considering alternate captains as well) No, I'm not buying that one. Fact of the matter is, you learn in every experience no matter who is leading you, you just learn different lessons, no doubt he would have learned work ethic from any of the guys I listed above and more.

Once again, I think Crosby is the bomb, but I'd choose Malkin because I'm looking for the guy with the best potential point upside. I think Malkin has a pretty good head on his shoulders and he's only getting better. Looking over the course of the next 10 years or so Malkin is my man. I'll bring in the leadership in someone else, personally I'm not much for teams making players captains before they are about 25 or so. Preferably 27+, it's just better for the team as a whole.

And Malkin's English is improving I thought. Not bad for a guy whose only been here for a few years. Besides, people learn at different rates and have different priorities due to their circumstances.

For the record, I think I'd take Malkin over Ovechkin too. Ovechkin is awesome but his style of play is not conducive to a long career, so he'll have to adapt or suffer the consequences.

So you may argue, what about ticket sales? Crosby or Ovechkin will sell more tickets! Well sure, at the start. But championships sell tickets too, I think the odds are higher with a guy like Malkin over Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  15:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you saying Malkin takes off too many shifts... Explain this 2008-09 Minutes played per game Regular Season Malkin 22.51, Crosby 21.94.. 2008-09 Playoffs Minutes Played Per Game Malkin 20.92, Crosby 20.79.... Therefor Malkin played more shifts per game than Crosby did...
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  15:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

For those of you saying Malkin takes off too many shifts... Explain this 2008-09 Minutes played per game Regular Season Malkin 22.51, Crosby 21.94.. 2008-09 Playoffs Minutes Played Per Game Malkin 20.92, Crosby 20.79.... Therefor Malkin played more shifts per game than Crosby did...

Hanley6, this is meant figuratively, not literally. By "taking a shift off" we mean that he doesn't seem to try as hard as he could sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  15:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:

Hanley6, this is meant figuratively, not literally. By "taking a shift off" we mean that he doesn't seem to try as hard as he could sometimes.

same goes with Crosby, little buddy... When things aren't going his way, he gets lazy, whines, head hunts, doesn't seem to try
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  15:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Hanley, my little boy (you aren't my buddy), are you saying that Crosby was whining and pouting the first two games against Detroit, when things weren't going their way? Really?

What is it with the haters, they always argue using emotion, never logic based on actual observation . . .

Here's a mission, Han Soso: find me some clips on utube of what you're talking about, show me! Because I don't remember anything but perserverence and hard work from both Crosby and Malkin in both those games, as frustrating as they were . . .

Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  00:00:29  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:

same goes with Crosby, little buddy... When things aren't going his way, he gets lazy, whines, head hunts, doesn't seem to try

This is a blatant example of someone getting called on a mistake (hanley's misinterpretation of "taking a shift off) and not owning up to it. Hanley, check yourself. Don't come back with an immature "little buddy" comment. Just doesn't work, and makes you look even worse......
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  03:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, one thing they don't put everything on Youtube if they did I'd have a lot of giving up evidence for you, so I'll have to show you by stats... Against Detroit alone... In the 7 games series Crosby had only 3 points, he was -3. proving lots of giving up... He also displayed dirty cheap shots to the head and never got a penalty because it was Crosby of course

Malkin, In the 7 game series had 8 points had a 0 +/-... Malkin was a lot more useful in the play offs both ends of the ice

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  06:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I'm about to argue a trolling 13 year old , but here goes:

1. You have no utube evidence of the dirty play of Crosby? Thought so. Let's just say that with your track record . . . I wouldn't believe a single thing you ever said about anything at anytime.

2. So your proof by "stats" includes exactly one statistic - the plus/minus rating for Crosby and Malkin. In the Detroit series. Wow.
Did it occur to you Hanley that Crosby was the one who drew TOP ASSIGNMENT from the Detroit Red Wings best defensive players? Did it occur to you that by Crosby drawing top assignment, Malkin would not get the kind of intense pressure that Crosby was getting, in fact getting more chances to score? Did it occur to you that looking at one statistic (that isn't generally very indicative of how strong a person's play was) for one series to prove who is better is beyond ridiculous? Let me illustrate!
+/- for the Detroit series
Tyler Kennedy +2
Kris Letang -2
Ruslan Fedetenko +3
Bill Guerin +1
Max Talbot +4
Jordan Staal 0
Sidney Crosby -3
Evgeni Malkin 0
So, going by these stats, Talbot, Fedetenko and Kennedy were the best players, Staal and Malkin were average, and Letang and Crosby stunk.

Hopefully you actually watched the hockey being played.

3. "Malkin in the 7 game series had 8 points and had a 0 +/- . . . Malkin was a bit more useful in the playoffs both ends of the ice"

So, you use Malkin's +/- for the FINALS (0), measure it against Crosby's +/- for the FINALS (-3), and state that for the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, this proves Malkin was a better defensive and offensive player than Crosby. Interesting! And by interesting, I mean totally laughable . . . let's just use your ridiculous stat then, to humour you . . . but let's include the right stats for your statement about being more useful in the playoffs.

ENTIRE PLAYOFFS +/-
Evgeni Malkin +3
Sidney Crosby +9

So, let's make the correction, and use your astute (see: assinine) logic - Crosby was 3 times better defensively than Malkin all playoffs!

Time to hit the books, little boy.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4648
( )

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  08:03:40  Reply with Quote
Slozo, that was epic. So good, that i may actually sign up on here now..........
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page