Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Ovechkin Ejected Again! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  22:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Should Alexander Ovechkin have been ejected from the game because of his questionable hit on Patrick Kaleta in the Washington Capitals 2-0 victory over the Buffalo Sabres?

Choices:

Yes
No

Guest4358
( )

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  02:35:41  Reply with Quote
How can you say yes to this??
Go to Top of Page

Guest6234
( )

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  07:11:08  Reply with Quote
obviously guest 4358 has ovechkin in the pool.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  07:36:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boarding is boarding. There is no doubt in my eyes this was a penalty.

And I think if you take a look at some of the messages the NHL has sent (Danny Briere got suspended) they are not putting up with the dangerous hits anymore.

This had not negative impact on the game. The winning team did win based on anything from this play. There was 5 minutes left on the clock.

But if Ovechkin can get kicked out for something slightly more than a 2 min penalty. So can anyone else.

It's an effort to clean up the game and in my eyes, it's about time.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8100
( )

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  07:39:51  Reply with Quote
I love him, but he is a cheap shoty artist!
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  07:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the game ejection and I think if the NHL wants to get rid of this type of hit they slap OV with at least a 1 or 2 game suspension. That sends a way bigger message then giving Downie a 20+ game suspension because nobody cares wether or not Downie is in the lineup.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  10:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i do think OV hits dirty at times but he hit kaleta in the shoulder, i think it was a minor penalty at most.....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  10:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5 min major? sure

Ejection? yes

Dirty Hit? Debateable

Intent to Injure? No

Suspension? Not a chance.

This is a case of punishment fitting the crime. If there's a suspension as well it would be un-waranted.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0577
( )

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  12:23:49  Reply with Quote
seriously the guy is a cheap shot artist send that s*** back to the khl where he came from there is no need for dirty plays like that in north american hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  12:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally think Ovechkin has been pretty close to the line of questionable hits for some time. You can't hit as much as he does without at least some of the hits being less than clean. He's quick off his feet and leads with his elbows as times, but so do many other players.

However, the misconduct is really cosmetic. 5 minutes left in the game and a 2 goal lead.

If it would have been 5 minutes into the first period with a 1 goal disadvantage, it would have been something to talk about.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8144
( )

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  12:55:04  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I personally think Ovechkin has been pretty close to the line of questionable hits for some time. You can't hit as much as he does without at least some of the hits being less than clean. He's quick off his feet and leads with his elbows as times, but so do many other players.

However, the misconduct is really cosmetic. 5 minutes left in the game and a 2 goal lead.

If it would have been 5 minutes into the first period with a 1 goal disadvantage, it would have been something to talk about.

true enough, do you still think the refs would have tossed him in the first? If i had to guess, I would say no
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  13:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's had some questionable hits but that one i think is the victim of increased media scrutiny on big hits and hits to the head, referee's are feeling the pressure to not be the one's letting players get away with a cheap shot and i think some marginal calls are being dealt with too strong.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  19:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0577

seriously the guy is a cheap shot artist send that s*** back to the khl where he came from there is no need for dirty plays like that in north american hockey.

Wow, that's a bit extreme don't you think? There's plenty worse than Alexander Ovechkin when it comes to cheap shots....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  20:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is this, 2 ejections in 3 games???

I think someone might want to let Ovechkin know that he is only 24 and has a good 12-15 years lefts if he stops playing like a clown bop bag on skates.

Not sure how much the Caps owner likes seeing his $120 million investment going knee on knee??
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  21:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is, I got the wrong year to pick first in the pool

On a serious note, why doesn't Ovechkin just stick to scoring, and leave hitting to people who know how and respect others...?

Honestly if Ovechkin throws another wayward hit, someone from his own team should pull a Ballard/Vokoun on him.

Kidding, but someone should lay a good, hard, hit, clean hit into Ovechkin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page