Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Mason vs Brodeur Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest8942
( )

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  23:21:42  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Brodeur had 12 SO in 91 games, Mason Has played 84 games and has 11 SO.

Could you see him (Mason) getting 100 SO one day?

Choices:

Yes
No
Ask again in 4 or 5 years

Edited by - willus3 on 12/11/2009 10:20:12

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  08:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said, ask again in 4 or 5 years but really, it's tough to say "no". Yeah, it's very unlikely in that he's gonna have to play for many years without serious injuries, etc, but at his age, it's possilble. He's done what he has with a team on the rise but by no means as good as what Brodeur had. It's def possible, but i'd prefer to see where he's at a few years from now.

The tougher stat to reach for him may just be the 23 playoff shutouts that Brodeur has. You need to play a lot of playoff games to have a shot at attaining that number! Mason would definitely have to make a few long playoff runs over his career!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  08:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is like comparing a brand new Corvette to a 63 Stingray.

One is really pretty, shiny, and new and might be able to light up the 1/4 mile from time to time. But many of it's parts are plastic and the reliability is in question.

The other has been brillaint for years. Well taken care off and is as dependable as it has ever been. And it still turns heads.

I'll let you figure out which one is Mason and which is Broduer.

Short answer, now, Mason will not get to 100.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

One is really pretty, shiny, and new and might be able to light up the 1/4 mile from time to time. But many of it's parts are plastic and the reliability is in question.

The other has been brillaint for years. Well taken care off and is as dependable as it has ever been. And it still turns heads.

If we were talking last year I'd say this kid is the best up and coming goaltender I had seen in the last 5-10 years. In a crowd with Millar, Lundqvist and Ward. So far this years he been Meh. Sophmore slump no big deal, but way to soon to be in this discussion.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, the same thing could have been said about Andrew Raycroft. How did that turn out?? Anyone remember a guy named Jim Carrey? The Net Detective?? The guy won a Vezina and the disappeared! What about Jose Theodore??

I could go on and on about flash in the pan goalies that didn't do much in their career. Not saying that Mason is one of those guys, but all those people last year who were talking about him as an Olympic goalie were more than a little premature. Sure, give him a look at orientation, but that's about it.

Sophmore slump definately. Sometimes the sophmore slump lasts a career.

We will see.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  20:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Personally I like the '69 T-top .. just sayin'

But back to reality, Price is making a case for himself if you are watching the Habs games, just had a bad second half of last year but other then that he has been solid. Mason is going through exactly what Price went through, he will be a great goalie .. just a lil premature to judge right this moment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page