Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most Points ( Forwards ) Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  16:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which Forward do you think will have the most points by the end of the 2009-2010 regular season?

MOD Edit: Moved to User Polls from General hockey chat

Choices:

Joe Thornton
Alexander Ovechkin
Henrik Sedin
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Marian Gaborik
Nicklas Backstrom
Ryan Getzlaf
Brad Richards
Corey Perry
Anze Kopitar
Martin St. Louis
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Penner
Other ( Who? )

Edited by - willus3 on 12/25/2009 07:12:14

50brent
Top Prospect

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  16:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im gonna go with thortnon or ovechkin, not sure thortnon can keep it up but ovechkin i think will get easily 100 points.

Edited by - 50brent on 12/19/2009 16:37:55
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  16:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Henrik Sedin because he is awesome on the PowerPlay.He also is a big playmaker, he got over 35 assists i think. Plus he passes to his brother daniel alot and he scores because he is a sniper.So i think that will put Henrik Sedin in the top of the list.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  17:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PhillyFan12

I said Henrik Sedin because he is awesome on the PowerPlay.He also is a big playmaker, he got over 35 assists i think. Plus he passes to his brother daniel alot and he scores because he is a sniper.So i think that will put Henrik Sedin in the top of the list.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!

Just a couple things, henrik has 29 assists on the year so far this year, not 35+ he is definatly going to have the year of his career but I don't think he will lead the league this year.
I believe it will be Sidney Crosby, he is on fire right now and I think he will just keep on going.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  17:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  18:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my man joe thornton. He is just on a tear this year and he's showing no signs of slowing down this year, and with the guys he's playing with, i dont think he will.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  21:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not be surprised at all, if Joe Thornton finished with the highest point total this season. I do not say this just because he currently leads in points, but because of the skill this guy brings to the table. No body in the NHL, is a better playmaker than big Joe (in my opinion.) This guy can lead the league in assists in any given season, and often does.

Now you add Heatley to the mix, a legitimate sniper for Joe and you have a guy who can go on an assist tare. Not to mention he'll add a few goals to boot.

I also would not be surprised if Ovechkin or Crosby won the Points the race. These two can rip it up at any given moment.

My vote is going to Jumbo Joe, but i think it's down to three. JT, AO & SC.
----

While on the topic of Points leaders, I'm surprised by Malkin this season.

10 Goals, 24 Assists in 29 Games is not bad by any means of the word. But, it is a little under for Malkin. But the thing that surprises me, as how much I do NOT hear of Malkin this year. I never hear this guys name come up in conversation, i'm quite surprised.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  22:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No love for Gaborik?? The thing that is most impressive with him is that the supporting cast in NY is not anywhere near what the others (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Thornton, Heatley, etc) have. I mean, Vinny Prospal??

FOr that matter is also means it should be harder to keep pace for the next 50ish games. I'd like to see Gaborik get it, as it would finally put to bed the glass groined issues.

Ultimately, it's all about health. If all things are equal, I give it to Thornton, simply because he is the best set up man in the game and assists seem to pile up more so than goals. Although, Ovechkin is learning how to pass too. And Crosby can do both and Gaborik can do everything without anyone helping him.

I'm glad I don't have money on it.

Edited by - Beans15 on 12/19/2009 22:18:31
Go to Top of Page

Guest9198
( )

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  05:37:55  Reply with Quote
I would think that the general assumption is that Gaborik will either slow down or get injured for an extended period of time. He always does one or the other... Also, when Dubinsky got injured, Gaborik slowed down noticeably (but not significantly). Same principle with Kopitar when Smyth fell, otherwise he'd probably still be in the picture too, except he grinded to a halt moreso than a slowdown...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  07:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No love for Malkin, eh?

Lots of things could happen after Christmas, so we need to look at the likelihood of each and place our bets.

Will Gaborik remain hot and inunjured? Not bloody likely, and on a team like the Rangers, I don't see this streak lasting all season.

Will Thornton continue to produce like he has with Heatley at his side? Very likely, as he is a consistent performer and he has the skill to win the points title. Yet, he has fallen short of it how many times? He might be the best bet to break the Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin stranglehold on the points title . . .

Henrik Sedin?!? Yeah, impressive season so far . . . but can he keep up this level? Not likely, and even if he does, he'd have to go into overdrive to prevent someone like Crosby or Ovechkin overtaking him.

Kopitar? Already fading, and he will settle into an 80-90 point season I feel. Hey, great stuff - but not good enough.

Heatley, Backstrom . . . taking away injuries, they just aren't going to surpass their linemates.

Crosby - scoring more goals than ever before, on a solid pace, and you know he can do it all season . . . but who is his current sniper - an old Bill Guerin? 'nuff said . . . he can't do it alone.

Malkin - can he salvage a "slow start" to get back up with the leaders? Likely, actually, but maybe he has spotted them too many points to win it . . .

Ovechkin: would be leading the league right now if he had played all the games, based on points per game. And, he has done it before, and is probably the most talented of all players. But an injury and two suspensions later, we are starting to scratch our heads . . .

I still have to stick with Ovechkin, and Thornton and Crosby coming in a close second or third depending on how each does down the stretch. I say Malkin gets back in it, but falls somewhere in 4th/5th spot . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  18:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think ovechkin has a pretty good chance of coming back into the season for when he got injured.

brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Guest6019
( )

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  19:45:38  Reply with Quote
brentrock please explain to me wut that last post is supposed to mean.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  02:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by brentrock2[/i]
[br]I think ovechkin has a pretty good chance of coming back into the season for when he got injured.

brentrock2

Try not drinking a lot of eggnog before you post, it might help it make more sense.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  17:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I meant to say ovechkin got injured at the beggining of the year.So he has a pretty godd chance now of building up some points GOT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! DUMBERS

brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Guest6019
( )

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  19:23:46  Reply with Quote
quote:
[br]I meant to say ovechkin got injured at the beggining of the year.So he has a pretty godd chance now of building up some points GOT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! DUMBERS

brentrock2

umm godd is supposed to mean wut?
Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  19:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[br]I meant to say ovechkin got injured at the beggining of the year.So he has a pretty godd chance now of building up some points GOT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! DUMBERS

brentrock2

dumbers? ummmmmmmmmmm brentrock, since when is this a word?
please stop doing this to yourself
Go to Top of Page

Guest9883
( )

Posted - 12/24/2009 :  07:11:21  Reply with Quote
Id have to say tomas plekanec
Go to Top of Page

Guest2321
( )

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  09:30:39  Reply with Quote
i to say ovechkin because he is a sniper and gets a whack of goals. plus he is a good powerplay person and gets points on the pp
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  18:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah guest 2321 that does not even make any sense. So tell us what you really mean.Ovechkin is a sniper and gets a whole whack of goals just like what you said.But the rest dont make much sense to me.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  19:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To: Beans

It's not that I have no love for Gaborik, he is a highly talented offensive player. But, I can not pick him to finish tops in the league for most points due to just one reason. Injuries.

If I had to place my money on who would finish 1st in points, it'd not be with Gaborik due to injuries and injuries alone. The guy can rake in points, even playing with far less talented players than others in the NHL do. But you just never know when an injury will come in to play, of course any player could suddenly have an injury, that is expected, but Gaborik has them every season. So you can't discard it happening this season aswell.

Other than that, if injuries were not an issue, Gaborik could very well finish tops.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  18:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right invine, gaborik will guarenteed not be in 1st in points, due to injuries.But if he luckily stays as a healthy scratch, possibly he may be 1st in points.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  22:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PhillyFan12

You are right invine, gaborik will guarenteed not be in 1st in points, due to injuries.But if he luckily stays as a healthy scratch, possibly he may be 1st in points.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!

HUH???
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  08:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would just like to add that for Gaborik's career, he is still below a point a game. In terms of points per game, he is not in the same league as Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin or even Thornton.

To pick Gaborik, then, would be to guess that not only does Gaborik maintain his world class pace, but that ALL of the aforementioned top three don't pull their usual 100 point season. That's just too much to expect of Ovechkin, Crosby, and even the potentially resurgent Malkin . . . one of those guys will be healthy for most of the rest of the year, and if not, Thornton also looks good to go.

I really don't understand the oozing love for Gabby . . . he's a player who gets very hot sometimes, and looks world class in terms of skill - but he also has his cold streaks. He topped out at 83 points two seasons ago . . . and he is still in his prime as he was then. To expect anything more than 90 would be foolhardy, IMHO.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  08:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I would just like to add that for Gaborik's career, he is still below a point a game. In terms of points per game, he is not in the same league as Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin or even Thornton.

To pick Gaborik, then, would be to guess that not only does Gaborik maintain his world class pace, but that ALL of the aforementioned top three don't pull their usual 100 point season. That's just too much to expect of Ovechkin, Crosby, and even the potentially resurgent Malkin . . . one of those guys will be healthy for most of the rest of the year, and if not, Thornton also looks good to go.

I really don't understand the oozing love for Gabby . . . he's a player who gets very hot sometimes, and looks world class in terms of skill - but he also has his cold streaks. He topped out at 83 points two seasons ago . . . and he is still in his prime as he was then. To expect anything more than 90 would be foolhardy, IMHO.

It has been duly noted prior injuries to Gaborik. It has also been mentioned that 3 years ago he required corrective Treament for a hip problem which caused his groin issues and his lowered stats. Basically what I'm saying is for the last 3 years he has played only half the time and has played injured for the rest of the time. His current stats are his capable career stats if he plays uninjured, which by the way, was what he was projected to do 5 years, ago when we all first got a look at this guy. I am not projecting him for 1st in points overall, as I feel its Ovechkins year.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  09:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well JoshuaCanada, it is duly noted that he may have played through some injuries, but with that much time off, he doesn't appear to be a 'gamer' of the Yzerman variety. (note dripping sarcasm) Also, as was the case for Lemieux when he played, please also take into consideration the other side of lots of time off to rest because of injuries: inflated totals.

All the days off in between, often for short stretches in between a gruelling scheduling, allows one to pump up you points per game stats, as you always come back well rested and refreshed, both mentally and physically if you aren't given the ok too early.

We'll see what Gaborik continues to do this year as the wear and tear of the season gets to him . . . because frankly, he is just not used to it. The slowdown has started already, as in December he has 12 points in 11 games, down from 19pts in 13 games (Nov) and 18pts in 12 games (Oct).

But, we'll see.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2352
( )

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  14:22:58  Reply with Quote
i would have to say alex ovechkin due to sniping the puck
Go to Top of Page

Guest2335
( )

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  04:17:00  Reply with Quote
i have to say sedin because he is awesome out there, if his brother is out with him which makes him gain up alot of points
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page