Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2nd round - Montreal and Pittsburgh Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  19:01:08  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is going to win the Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburg Penguins series?

Choices:

Pittsburgh
Montreal

Edited by - Beans15 on 04/28/2010 19:19:57

Guest4203
( )

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  20:39:25  Reply with Quote
Despite being a huge Habs fan and someone who HATES pittsburgh with an intense passion, I have to say Penguins on this one. Congratulations to the habs for upsetting Washington, they played like kings, but the penguins are just too damn good.
Go to Top of Page

strech that twine
Top Prospect

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  08:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Montreal vs Pittsburgh...super hockey

Reg season Pitt 3 Mon 1

Carey Price in net for two losses and Markov did't play in the three losses. They shut down Ovey can the shut down Sid ?
and if they do you know that Malkin can pick it up...
Gotta give the offensive edge to Pitts...
Give the Defence to Montreal...
Split the goaltending....
PP Montreal 2nd durring reg season and rolling in the playoffs
PK is even during reg, but Montreal has been awsome while pittsburgh is horrid...

Always gotta chance Montreal in 6

When asked about the exectuion of his offence he responded " I'm in favor of it"
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  12:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to be another rockin' series but this one will be over in 5 or 6 games with the Pens moving on.

Can Halak keep up his awesome goaltending through another complete series? Remember that he missed a game last series and it was only after that he went on his current streak.

I love that the Hab fans are so optimistic now considering most were throwing their team under the bus against the Caps, but you're all right...you never know what can happen. Honestly though if you really think they'll beat the Pens you have your rouge lunettes on. Or is it lunettes de rouge?

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  16:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pittsburgh in 5.

Crosby is always great against Montreal. And if they try to contain him, well Malkin is next, and I believe Malkin will have a strong serie.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  09:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Markov out for the year torn ACL.

Source Conor McKenna team 990.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  10:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

Going to be another rockin' series but this one will be over in 5 or 6 games with the Pens moving on.

Can Halak keep up his awesome goaltending through another complete series? Remember that he missed a game last series and it was only after that he went on his current streak.

I love that the Hab fans are so optimistic now considering most were throwing their team under the bus against the Caps, but you're all right...you never know what can happen. Honestly though if you really think they'll beat the Pens you have your rouge lunettes on. Or is it lunettes de rouge?

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.

its Les lunnettes rouge osti de tabarnack (lets see if the moderators pick up on the french swearinh) and well i was hoping for 2 games against the mighty caps as a habs fan and well i'm hoping for the same against the pens,, the habs are not winning the cup what im looking for as a fan is the positives for the futur Mike Cammalleri being a big time playoff performer brian gionta aswell Halak is a given and P.K Subban is looking damn good so thats what i am takeing from these playoffs with my red classes

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  10:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
J Staal was on the ice this morning in a track suit, he is listed day to day. I could see him being back in the lineup around game 5 or 6.
-
Montreal has horseshoes up their ass and I keep waiting for them to fall apart, but they keep coming back. I just wonder how long the gameplan of "5 men collapse in front of halak and pray to god we stop everything and score when we get a PP" will last.

They barley spend any time on the attack and seem to score on every opportunity they do get. I cant see them being able to sustain that... halak is a good goalie, but I think his run of being "the best goalie on the planet" will also come to an end. He was average in the first 4 games against the caps, and was very average in game 1 against Pitt. I dont think he will pull a patty roy and carry this team to #25...

Washington shot primarily from the perimiter and after the first 4 games of the series barley had any traffic in front of halak. It reminded me of the games toronto put 60 + shots on guys like roloson and miller, made them look like superman, but really they were shots from the outside with little traffic.

Pittsburgh does a much better job of managing the puck and creating chances off the in zone cycle. They also do a great job of getting bodies to the net for rebounds and tips. This is where I see the pens winning the series. Montreal relies to heavily on their PP and goaltending and barley create anything 5 on 5. Unless the pens go on a parade to the penalty box, I think this one will end in 6.

Still, Kudos to the habs (ouch, that hurt) for even being this far and for still having a legit shot at advancing to the next round. If they manage to knock off the caps and pens, people will be talking about this for a long time.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest9361
( )

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  21:13:59  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

J Staal was on the ice this morning in a track suit, he is listed day to day. I could see him being back in the lineup around game 5 or 6.
-
Montreal has horseshoes up their ass and I keep waiting for them to fall apart, but they keep coming back. I just wonder how long the gameplan of "5 men collapse in front of halak and pray to god we stop everything and score when we get a PP" will last.

They barley spend any time on the attack and seem to score on every opportunity they do get. I cant see them being able to sustain that... halak is a good goalie, but I think his run of being "the best goalie on the planet" will also come to an end. He was average in the first 4 games against the caps, and was very average in game 1 against Pitt. I dont think he will pull a patty roy and carry this team to #25...

Washington shot primarily from the perimiter and after the first 4 games of the series barley had any traffic in front of halak. It reminded me of the games toronto put 60 + shots on guys like roloson and miller, made them look like superman, but really they were shots from the outside with little traffic.

Pittsburgh does a much better job of managing the puck and creating chances off the in zone cycle. They also do a great job of getting bodies to the net for rebounds and tips. This is where I see the pens winning the series. Montreal relies to heavily on their PP and goaltending and barley create anything 5 on 5. Unless the pens go on a parade to the penalty box, I think this one will end in 6.

Still, Kudos to the habs (ouch, that hurt) for even being this far and for still having a legit shot at advancing to the next round. If they manage to knock off the caps and pens, people will be talking about this for a long time.

Horseshoes is right man! More luck than skill.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  18:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well despite one of the most disgusting display of offciating i have ever seen Montreal with their horse shoes have done it again and now we`re going to the melon all tied up series 2-2, sure the goals were luck and garbage but wow the pens and habs make some damn good playoff hockey, i think their might have been 6 to 7 play stopages in the whole game it just flowed none stop end to end action great game!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  18:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only saw the third period and yeah, the winner was flukey but nothing wrong with the one by Lapierre as he and his linemate (Darche was it?) worked their butts off to get the chance for that wrap around!

That third period was beyond entertaining and while there were some def questionable calls (missed), it didn't really take away from the excitement!

Really wish i could see these games in their entirety, i just hate pvr'ing sports cuz i always seem to hear the score before i get a chance to watch it, however, 4pm starts (on the west coast) are a little early for me to get in front of a tv by!
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  21:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the first Pittsburgh goal should have been a penalty to Penguins, the breakaway by Talbot was the result of a Penguin's guy who tripped P.K.Subban and held SUbban's skates.

i didn't see the game, FML i'm working form 4pm to midnight everyweek day but as mentionned before, the Habs might always be the "underdog" because they might have less "skills" and "stars" but those little guys are putting up a good show in all the playoff game they've been in.

Habs in 6 or 7 i hope

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  22:51:05  Reply with Quote
First of all, Fedetenko was the guy on the ice, and I'm not sure after sliding 10 feet on your belly and someone skates almost on top of you, and its your fault??????? The refereeing is absolutly brutal, but it is in EVERY series, just Canadiens fans seem to whine alot more then most. I know you don't hear no whining if the calls go in their favor, anyway, I keep hearing how everything is rigged...............I figure people believe for Crosby, I see it another way, Montreal hasn't won since '93, and they got goalie interference call in Game 7 versus Washington, (didn't hear whining then did we), if anyone has games rigged, it would be Montreal, just to add new chapter to the history
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  22:53:34  Reply with Quote
Haven't heard anyone talking about the great fans of Montreal either, they are supposed to be one of the most noligible in the game, so why would they through garbage on the ice and give Crosby and company more rest, makes me snicker
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  05:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4271

Haven't heard anyone talking about the great fans of Montreal either, they are supposed to be one of the most noligible in the game, so why would they through garbage on the ice and give Crosby and company more rest, makes me snicker

Probably because of the 2 blantant interference calls missed by the refs 30 seconds before, or because of the 2 blantant tripping calls 20 seconds before or because for some reason they decided to call only one on montreal,, i havn't complained about the ref s yet in the playoffs but that was disgusting with 2 min left Moen breaks up a play on his blue line the pens defender (the puck being a good 20 ft behind him by now) hurls himself on all fours infront of Moen to prevent the breakaway that could well end the chances of the pensd coming back in this game, i wish i had been writing them all down it was disgusting ,, Gill gets a slashing penalty on Crosby well deserved but the pens broke about 4 habs sticks later on and no call!! if anything they have tio be consistent

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  05:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There has also been some absolutely brutal diving from Montreal, most notably Lapierre . . . every time a stick somes within a meter of his body, he goes down as if shot.

When you have players like that on your team, you will not get the calls as often . . . and with a bunch of divers like Montreal has, I tend to have a lot more sympathy for the refs involved.

In the end, the diving will cost Montreal this series . . . yeah, the Pens aren't quite as hungry, yeah, Halak is playing great and the Habs are getting all kinds of bounces . . . but it'll be a pp goal or two because of the diving that will do them in I predict.

Otherwise, fun entertaining hockey, as has been mentioned.

Pens in 6.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  06:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

There has also been some absolutely brutal diving from Montreal, most notably Lapierre . . . every time a stick somes within a meter of his body, he goes down as if shot.

When you have players like that on your team, you will not get the calls as often . . . and with a bunch of divers like Montreal has, I tend to have a lot more sympathy for the refs involved.

In the end, the diving will cost Montreal this series . . . yeah, the Pens aren't quite as hungry, yeah, Halak is playing great and the Habs are getting all kinds of bounces . . . but it'll be a pp goal or two because of the diving that will do them in I predict.

Otherwise, fun entertaining hockey, as has been mentioned.

Pens in 6.

I ll give you lapierre is terrible for diving but who else? Gionta got one in the caps series which is a joke any hockey fan knows Gionta is not a diver not even close, who else you call the habs a bunch of divers come on lapierre isn t a bunch he s one player are the flyers a bunch of diver?

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  07:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Montreal had 8 shots after 40 minutes, that game should have been a blowout. The horseshoes are obviously still stuck up their you know whats. jaro Halak is playing out of his mind and very well could be taking the habs on a magical playoff run.

I still say itll be pitt in 6 but sid has to start scoring. Fleury has to be better as well, he gave up 2 weak goals last night. He usually bounces back after a weak game and i expect the pens to win the next game.

Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  13:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't see the Habs completing the comeback with injuries piling up. Halak is looking good but he can only hold on for so long and he is known for really bad games when he tires. Price cannot do the job either.
If Crosby wakes up, Pittsburg will make another cup final and possibly another cup win. Habs are done Monday night. Its only sheer luck that the Habs are playing second round anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  18:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

Can't see the Habs completing the comeback with injuries piling up. Halak is looking good but he can only hold on for so long and he is known for really bad games when he tires. Price cannot do the job either.
If Crosby wakes up, Pittsburg will make another cup final and possibly another cup win. Habs are done Monday night. Its only sheer luck that the Habs are playing second round anyway.

yeah halak night in night out is sheer luck,, Cammalleri is just lucky to be leading the NHL playoffs in goals and 3rd in points their just lucky the other teams are just shooting at their defencemen, they`re lucky Ovetchkin and Crosby decided not to have their superstar touch against the habs,,, they have earned every bit of success this season in everywhich way through hard work and team work and following a very good game plan by their coach they did not get to game 6 of the second round of the playoffs on luck,,, they did not win 3 games in a row against the best team in the regular season on luck, you make your own luck, did i think they`d get by the caps no do i think they ll beat the pens no but they deserve what they have accomplished despite what any detractors have to say

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  18:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm, Pasty, as much as I am impressed with what the Habs have done, anyone should be able to see they are on a streak of against the odds play.

First off, a 97% PK against Washington takes a little bit of luck. It was significantly better than what they did in they regular season. A questionable goaltender interference call is also a little lucky.

Halak stopping 93% of the 36+ shots a game is a little bit of luck. It significantly better than what he did in the regular season.

Getting outshot by an average of 10 shots a game for 12 games and going for periods of literally 10+ minutes without a shot on goal and still finding ways to win is not typical.

Cammellari is playing great as is Halak but it's hard not to look at the teams Montreal has played and the outcome of the games and not think they are hanging on by a thread. You are right, a team does make it's own luck. However, if you were to tell ANYONE that any team (let alone Montreal) would be outshot by 10 shots a game by Pittsburgh and Washington, no one would think that team would be in either series.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  22:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, well said, but i see Pasty's side too. The Habs are def overachieving but they're working their tails off in doing so! It's been a long time since i've seen a team play with such heart and determination! Yeah, Halak's playing out of this world but who says it can't continue? The same people who said after two rounds than Dryden wouldn't keep up his play? Same those who said Roy wouldn't? I'm not in any way saying Halak is the next coming of either of the aforementioned, but the way this guy's playing, ANYTHING'S possible!

As for Cammalleri? I bet the Flames wish they still had this guy?

Fleury whipped out his best game of the series the other night to help take the last one! He really played well and was the main reason they won in a game that they were actually outshot in and arguably outchances in! I'm thinking Pittsburgh in 7. I think Montreal wins at home to force a trip back to PA. Game 7 in Pittsburgh might be asking a little too much. BUT, i thought the same thing about that game 7 at the Verizon Center...........
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  03:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not knocking the work ethic or the some of the stellar play of some of the Habs but they have rode lady luck as far as she is taking them. There is always a cinderella team and this year it is the Habs. Unfortunately the clock is about to strike midnight.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  05:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Pittsburgh isn't Washington, and although they don't quite have the firepower, they do have the will - the killer instinct - to put a team away. However, when all is said and done, the Habs have shown they are absolutely the most resilient team this playoffs, and there is no give-up on their roster.

I say it goes to o/t, where you might as well flip a coin. As a fan of neither team, it's win-win!

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  07:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luck does not get you into the second round of the playoffs and espcially not being down only 3 -2 to the defending stanly cup champions no sir , i dont buy it luck gets u 1 or 2 games not 6 now josee, sur they have had bounces go their way game 5 if anything was unlucky because the habs were the better team on the ice, luck always evens out over the course of the playoffs, shots are one thing scoring chances are another i could stop 50 penguins shots if my team keeps them all to the outside!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  07:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now those who say it is ALL luck, come on... wake up. As with any team that has any success in the playoffs, luck is on their side but luck itself wont get you anywhere. To have succes you need determination, hard work, a and hell of alot of heart. Oh and a goalie that is in the zone.

I believe the Habs have all of these going for them right now, but alot of the D are banged up and Pleky is even battling a bad hip so tonight very well could be their last game but if they win it will be no surprise.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  10:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone is saying it's all luck. But there is some very unlikely play coming from the Habs.

If you were to tell ANYONE that any team(not just Montreal) would be outshot by a wide margin against either Washington or Pittsburgh, even a Montreal fan would say winning is unlikely.

Halak has played SIGNIFICANTLY better than the regular season. The team, defensively, has played SIGNIFICANTLY better than the regular season.

Maybe luck is not the correct word, but their current play would have been called, in the least, unlikely at the start of the playoffs.
There is a reason the Vegas odd makers had them at a 30-1 at the start of the playoffs and that line has changed very little even after beating Washington.

If you were playing poker(a game of skill) and hit a card to win when you shouldn't have, it's still luck. It is skill to be in the position to win, but the win is still lucky.

Maybe not lucky is not the correct word, but very unlikely and one can not argue that the Candiens are playing playing well above their regular season performance. That being said, the time will soon be over for this topic as in a matter of hours the Habs Cinderella story will be put to bed(along with Philly).
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  11:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I don't think anyone is saying it's all luck. But there is some very unlikely play coming from the Habs.

If you were to tell ANYONE that any team(not just Montreal) would be outshot by a wide margin against either Washington or Pittsburgh, even a Montreal fan would say winning is unlikely.

Halak has played SIGNIFICANTLY better than the regular season. The team, defensively, has played SIGNIFICANTLY better than the regular season.

Maybe luck is not the correct word, but their current play would have been called, in the least, unlikely at the start of the playoffs.
There is a reason the Vegas odd makers had them at a 30-1 at the start of the playoffs and that line has changed very little even after beating Washington.

If you were playing poker(a game of skill) and hit a card to win when you shouldn't have, it's still luck. It is skill to be in the position to win, but the win is still lucky.

Maybe not lucky is not the correct word, but very unlikely and one can not argue that the Candiens are playing playing well above their regular season performance. That being said, the time will soon be over for this topic as in a matter of hours the Habs Cinderella story will be put to bed(along with Philly).

Yess now you have the right comparison the habs are like a short stack in a heads up match, but their pocket aces keep getting delt to them Cammalleri and Halak,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  12:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, the Habs "unlikely" play i think describes it much better. LUCK is not the right word, as you've pointed out, to describe a team which is playing at a level above what they did in the regular season. They're simply on a role and if anything, could be considered to be overachieving. Luck would imply they've been getting wins by lucky bounces, lucky calls (bad calls), own goals by the other team, etc...

Should be a pretty sweet atmosphere at the Bell Center tonight!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  12:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Beans, the Habs "unlikely" play i think describes it much better. LUCK is not the right word, as you've pointed out, to describe a team which is playing at a level above what they did in the regular season. They're simply on a role and if anything, could be considered to be overachieving. Luck would imply they've been getting wins by lucky bounces, lucky calls (bad calls), own goals by the other team, etc...

Should be a pretty sweet atmosphere at the Bell Center tonight!

I'll let you know just how sweet it is !!!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  12:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty, you have tix? Sweet! Enjoy my friend! I have a feeling that they're gonna force a game 7. Should be another good game! Have fun....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  12:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Yess now you have the right comparison the habs are like a short stack in a heads up match, but their pocket aces keep getting delt to them Cammalleri and Halak,

Pasty

I would say it's a lot more like AJ (Habs) against Pocket AA (Capitals)

Flop comes K-10-Rag-Rag-Queen

But I digress.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  13:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha i suppose but Hockey like poker is a 5 card/ player game not counting goalies of course, it doesn't matter what you start with its how you finish

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  19:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pasty, you have tix? Sweet! Enjoy my friend! I have a feeling that they're gonna force a game 7. Should be another good game! Have fun....

WOW the best game i have ever and i mean ever seen live!!!!!! the streets of montreal were nuts tonight i could hardly get home, Mike Cammalleri is absolutly amazing Win or lose in game seven this was an amazing season for the habs ,,, this team is the real fing deal baby!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  19:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Game 7 is going to be amazing. Sadly, I'll have to work during it.

If I keep my ears closed all night, I may be able to not hear the score from people, and watch a replay. lol.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9423
( )

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  19:40:33  Reply with Quote
Sid still the kid scores a goal and pens loses and throws a tantrum at the end of game what a disgrace.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  21:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just knew some Crosby hater would pop on here and claim Sid was whining, or in this case, "throwing a tantrum", etc. Gimme a break, he gave the slightest of cross checks to Plekanec. Really no big deal. But s'all good, you go on hating....

Pasty, glad you had a blast! I enjoyed it from my couch, well, the second half as i don't get home in time to see the first (had to leave early just to catch the second half of the second period)

Great game by the Habs......i had a feeling they'd be going back to Pitty! Game 7's are such coin tosses they've really got a good shot!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  06:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

I am not knocking the work ethic or the some of the stellar play of some of the Habs but they have rode lady luck as far as she is taking them. There is always a cinderella team and this year it is the Habs. Unfortunately the clock is about to strike midnight.

Guess we'll have to wait utill wensday for the team bus to turn into a pumpkin!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  13:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just knew some Crosby hater would pop on here and claim Sid was whining, or in this case, "throwing a tantrum", etc. Gimme a break, he gave the slightest of cross checks to Plekanec. Really no big deal. But s'all good, you go on hating....

Pasty, glad you had a blast! I enjoyed it from my couch, well, the second half as i don't get home in time to see the first (had to leave early just to catch the second half of the second period)

Great game by the Habs......i had a feeling they'd be going back to Pitty! Game 7's are such coin tosses they've really got a good shot!

Man I wish I was from out west coming back from work and watching the eastern matchups, and then around 7 or 8 watching the western matchups.

My hockey starts at 8 usually, 8:30 sometimes and the games out west starts around 11:00. Ah well

Go Pens Go...

I'm tired of the habs magical run. Just because I live among Habs fans and I know that's all I'll hear about for the next few seasons, especially if they go into next round. Right now, with their system, they can beat anybody. and I don't want them to keep going.

On a side note, I also am surprised about P.K. Subban's play. Great future for this kid.
Go to Top of Page

impropriety
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  13:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been watching Subban slaughter the Moose for a little while now, so it doesn't shock me that much. Great to see that his skill transfers over to the bigs, though! It's a crap-shoot more often than not (see Schremp, Rob).
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  13:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im amazed at what the habs have been able to do, or should I say, What cammalerri and Halak have been able to do.
The team has been playing solid defensivley, guys like Gill and Gorges come to mind, but really, Cammalleri and Halak are both having conne smythe winning playoffs.

Those horseshoes are cemented in their rear ends and dont look like they are going anywhere. I fear this may be a run of destiny and I may just vomit and then stop watching the playoffs.

How a 16th place team with with the fewest 5 on 5 goals in the NHL and an aging defence corps can defeat the caps and now possibley the pens is amazing. Win or Lose, habs fans have to be happy with what they have seen. This is the same team that lost its most important game of the regular season to the leafs on the last night before playoffs. To think, if they never made it to OT and the rangers had of won the shootout, montreal wouldnt even be here.

It just goes to show how the playoffs really are the second season, as long as you can make it, throw out the regular season. it dont mean d*** all.

My eyes will be glued to the tube on wednsday, hoping the cinderella run comes to an end, but if it doesnt, ill tell you all right now that montreal will be in the cup final.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page