Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Free Agents Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  16:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by ryan93

I'd welcome Kaberle to the Rangers with welcome arms...but the price will probably be fairly high. I don't want to see the Rangers trade away any young core roster players like Dubinsky, Callahan, Del Zotto, etc...or prospects like Kreider, Stephan, Grachev, etc.
[/quote)
exactly what most gms think there is no way you get a bonified star for kabby no shot,,, you would have trouble getting a 1rst rounder or even a blue chip prospect espcially since his great contract is up after next year and he is free to sighn with anyone he wants,,, leaf fans get it out of your head that you can trade kabby for anything like jeff carter! what did the ducks get for pronger who is head and shoulders far more valuable than kabby will ever be,,, Joffery lupul,, ryan dingle luca sbisa ,,, you think you are gonna get something like jeff carter for kabby when that is all you can get for a prongner??? really i mean really

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  15:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest guys, i don`t think kaberle will fetch as much from the big players. I think he will go to a Columbus, Florida, NYI, type team. Teams who need desperately to make the playoffs to bring in the fan base, ( not that the leafs dont need to make the playoffs ))), but they do have a fanbase playoffs or not $$$$. These type of teams will offer more than they want to i think to get kaberle.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  15:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty what are you talking about ? nothing for pronger ? didn`t Anaheim get not 1 but 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS for pronger ?? so you are saying if pronger fetched 2 first round picks....kaberle is not worth half that ?? 1 first round pick ? come-on
Go to Top of Page

Guest1481
( )

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  16:09:03  Reply with Quote
Well i think Atlanta needs to try and get back the face of the franchise, Ilya Kovalchuk, if he is not going to The KHL. they should just give him their check book and tell him here what do you think you need. He is the best pure offensive player in the league. If not kovalchuk then Marleau he always seemed to want to play where its warm, and where he wont be noticed as an athlete, San jose is no hockey town....

As well they should try to add some more muscle on Defense and
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  10:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1481

Well i think Atlanta needs to try and get back the face of the franchise, Ilya Kovalchuk, if he is not going to The KHL. they should just give him their check book and tell him here what do you think you need. He is the best pure offensive player in the league. If not kovalchuk then Marleau he always seemed to want to play where its warm, and where he wont be noticed as an athlete, San jose is no hockey town....

As well they should try to add some more muscle on Defense and

And and and and what
just write what your supposed to say hopefully he writes
and san jose rock so does thornton.

RE-SIGN PATTY

Go to Top of Page

Guest2479
( )

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  09:35:37  Reply with Quote
my bad its supposed to say and a veteran goalie to help coach Ondrej Pavelec develop, he and Hedberg did well together as far as his development goes from what i was abe to see

was supposed to be guest 1481
anyone know wanna explain to me how to create a username and stuff its all kinda like not making sense
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  11:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2479

my bad its supposed to say and a veteran goalie to help coach Ondrej Pavelec develop, he and Hedberg did well together as far as his development goes from what i was abe to see

was supposed to be guest 1481
anyone know wanna explain to me how to create a username and stuff its all kinda like not making sense

You just click on register and fill out the iinformation,Register is on the top right corner I am pretty sure.Or the top left corner.

RE-SIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

LeMagnificent66
Top Prospect

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  10:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you'll see a slight change in the make-up of the Chicago Blackhawks. From what I can tell they should be in some big cap trouble. Signing Brian Cammbell long term for $7.14 million and Huet for 5.6 Million could really handcuff this team.

Which gives the opportunity for a team like the Leafs that are looking for some scoring and an agitator/defensive forward who can kill penalties.

Not sure how realistic it would be but I'd like to see Burke make an offer for either Patrick Sharp or better yet David Bolland would be ideal for this team at this time.

Obviously the Leafs need a first line centre but I think you bide your time and wait for the right guy. Until that guy becomes available you put the rest of the peices together.
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  15:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope the leafs go after marleau it would be amazing to see him in a leafs jersey plus it would definatly bring up our chances of watching a playoff team. doubt it will ever happen but i can't wait to see what the leafs do go after before the season starts.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  06:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Pasty what are you talking about ? nothing for pronger ? didn`t Anaheim get not 1 but 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS for pronger ?? so you are saying if pronger fetched 2 first round picks....kaberle is not worth half that ?? 1 first round pick ? come-on

In Pronger you are talking about not only one of the top 3 defensive players in the NHL today, but also a top 5-7 overall defenseman in the league, a former Hart winner, a guy who has now lead 3 teams in the Cup final(don't tell me who the Captain is, I know, but Pronger is the leader no doubt) winning one of the them.

What has Kaberle done???

Let's be careful not to compare apples to oranges, two totally different things.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6013
( )

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  14:54:37  Reply with Quote
I LIKE KABERLE!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  06:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans - we are not comparing apples to oranges when talking about the trade value of Pronger versus Kaberle. They are both highly skilled defencemen . . . and as everyone has pointed out a million times already, yes, Pronger is obviously more valuable (more physical and better defence, leader, cup experience).

But what was given for Pronger is at the very least a barometer for what may be given for Kaberle . . . I mean, if Brian Campbell had been traded as opposed to signed for a ridiculously high price, then that would have been a much better barometer for what Kaberle might garner. But in recent times, the closest we have to compare to is Pronger, so there you go.

I think Burke will get good value for Kaberle, but who knows until it happens. At any rate, I see a first round pick and a prospect, but how high the pick might be is anyone's guess. That price would be almost exactly half of what Pronger was given.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  08:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, but Slozo, Campbell was traded before his big signing. He went from Buffalo(along with a 7th round draft pick) for Steve Bernier and a 1st round draft pick.

That would be about right for Kaberle as well. I never argued that he was not worth a 1st round pick, but he is not worth 2-1st round pick plus 2-3 roster players like Pronger has been in his past 2 trades.

We are comparing an elite offensive defenseman to an elite, top 3 in the NHL defensemen. It really is apples to oranges.

How about a comparison to Visnovsky?? That is a lot closer. Whitney(being a 5th overall pick) and a 6th round pick??

Who ever said the deal including a 1st rounder was unreasonable was way off. But anyone comparing the trade value of Kaberle to Pronger is also way off.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  08:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm - I forgot about the Campbell trade, and although it wasn't last year it's recent enough, and definitely a great barometer for Kaberle's trade value.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page