Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Most Hated NHL Team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest9543
( )

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  20:01:14  Reply with Quote
Philadelphia ! And all Dallas teams Suck too
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  20:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those god damned New England Patriots
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  20:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They suck to him, it's an opinion poll....there's no reason to explain why you don't like a team. If he had said Dallas is an unsuccessful team then that would require an explanation.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8148
( )

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  19:32:35  Reply with Quote
Toronto, no doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0373
( )

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  20:21:38  Reply with Quote
I hate Vancouver!! Being a Flames fan, I can't stand them 'cause we never show up to play against them, and there's soooooooooo many Vancouver fans here in Calgary, they're more annoying than Oilers fans!! Why do you guys all hate Calgary? Just rivals? I also agree with the people who say the CBC is stupid for playing Toronto every Saturday for the earlier game. I never watch the early game, and I don't know anybody who does, because we've had the stupid leafs crammed down our throats for so long, we all DESPISE THEM!! I will however cheer for the Habs, and the Sens... but definitely not the leafs or canucks!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  09:10:04  Reply with Quote
I hate Calgary

Go oilers
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  11:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My most hated team is Philly. I love some of the players that happen to play there now (Briere, Gagne), but they have the absolute worst fans. I mean, it's one thing to have very little real fans, but Philly is special - they have MEAN fans that turn on the players in a second. Drunken hooligans.

Also - the team is run by Clarke, a total prick of a bully. The organisation has ruined a few careers with their treatment of players who have had concussions (although Gagne seems good to go now). The dirty play which has been encouraged and condoned throughout the years. The team that became the symbol of goonery. Yep, philly sucks.

For second place? I hate Nashville. No identity, no true fans, a meaningless face. And, to top it all off, every time I look at them I grimace, as I think of how great that team could have been if they had moved to Hamilton . . . *@#%en Bettman.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  22:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Slozo, I agree with you on your Philly comment. A friend of mine and his wife went down there last year to a Leaf game and made the mistake of wearing their Leaf sweaters. When the game was over they left their seats and climbing the stairs on their way to the exit and some goon kicked his wife in the upper leg. They were verbally abused all night with caustic language and were pelted with peanuts off and on throughout the game. He told me they didn't think they were going to get out of there without being seriously assaulted and of course would never go back there again. Broad Street Bullies is a term not to be taken lightly and applies to more than just the players on the ice.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  05:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it all depends where you live.
If you live in Calgary, I guess you would hate the Wild,
if you lived in Montreal, you would hate Toronto,
if you lived in Philly, you would hate everyone haha.
everyone has a team that they love and hate.
Every team has a rival, so its most likely poeple in that town will not like the rival, but the rival's teams fans will not like THEIR rival.
I dont think that there is a specifc team that is most hated, but there are lots of teams that a lot of people may not like.
Philly for example.
but like us Winnipeg over here love every team becuase we have no team to like specifically

~~~GO STARS~~~

Edited by - semin-rules on 02/11/2008 05:56:44
Go to Top of Page

Guest8640
( )

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  20:13:50  Reply with Quote
^^lol so true there. I love my Buds but I live here in Calgary i have to say I hate Calgary from what I've seen all the city hops on the bandwagon when the flames make a run in the playoffs ( A very short run I must say)
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  04:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs. no doubt about it. They disappointed me as a kid and i've hated them ever since! Terrible management, not very good coaching, terrible players, terrible scouting, yet the fans keep flocking out. What's not to hate? If they would be losing, yet playing with heart, i could still not mind them. But this team doesn't seem to care! "Give me the money and then i'll go stink up the ice" seems to be the mentality.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6472
( )

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  05:04:17  Reply with Quote
you idiot! the leafs are not even on there! Habs are a storied franchise set to win 25..only bruins/leaf fans hate them! They are not as despised as the Yanks.
Leaf Nation is about to self destruct..big rumour out today..Sundin to the Habs! lol...hahaha
Go to Top of Page

Guest6472
( )

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  05:05:49  Reply with Quote
by the way, the idiot, is the guy who posted the poll!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  08:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I think it all depends where you live.
If you live in Calgary, I guess you would hate the Wild,
if you lived in Montreal, you would hate Toronto,
if you lived in Philly, you would hate everyone haha.
everyone has a team that they love and hate.
Every team has a rival, so its most likely poeple in that town will not like the rival, but the rival's teams fans will not like THEIR rival.
I dont think that there is a specifc team that is most hated, but there are lots of teams that a lot of people may not like.
Philly for example.
but like us Winnipeg over here love every team becuase we have no team to like specifically

~~~GO STARS~~~

I would think if you live in Calgary, your most hated team is Edmonton followed by Vancouver. As is Edmonton's most hated team is Calgary followed by Vancouver. If you live in Vancouver you hate both Calgary and Edmonton.

However, if you are a Canadian living West of Winnipeg, you hate the Leafs most of all!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  09:05:00  Reply with Quote
Toronto obviously
Go to Top of Page

HabsBiggestFan
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
368 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  14:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What i'm wondering is why Toronto didn't make the list?????!!!
That's obviously why lots of people voted for "other"

"My life: eat, sleep, play hockey"
Go to Top of Page

Guest8343
( )

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  20:59:36  Reply with Quote
why is montreal there
Go to Top of Page

Guest8343
( )

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  21:00:22  Reply with Quote
oilers are asome
Go to Top of Page

Guest5304
( )

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:24:16  Reply with Quote
I HATE CAROLINA!!!! there so annoying gayest team in the NHL by far.

why is Florida there everyones just jealous of how awesome we live!!!
GO CATS GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  21:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto has to be on that list and also I don't mind the leafs but everyone hates them.

Good defense is good offense!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  08:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most Hated In Canada? Has to be the Stinkin' Habs for sure. That's the way this reporter sees it at least?
Go to Top of Page

Guest5405
( )

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  09:14:29  Reply with Quote
I've hated the Flyers for decades. Ugly team, ugly history.

Leafs second (w. the exception of Sundin, who deserves better). Overexposed, woeful.

And, why in the world would someone "hate" Kiprusoff? I see how you could hate, say, Avery or Chelios, but Kiprusoff? weird.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  09:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pretty sure half the ppl that voted against the leafs are probably leaf fans lolol
Go to Top of Page

Devils Fanatic
Top Prospect

Canada
87 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  10:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate the Leafs - Everything about them just makes me want to hit something. Their fans are annoying, even though their team sucks. Management sucks, players are old and decrepit. Crappy scouting. Piss poor coach. Team is owned by the teachers pension fund and because of that, not one single person can make a decision by themselves. I want smack Pettie around with a hockey stick.
You get the point.

Devils fan for life
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  12:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After having joined this site quite some time ago I still haven't quite figured out why anyone living in this country could hate the Leafs so much when they are no threat to anyone. It is not like they have whipped anybody for four out of six Stanley Cups or anything in recent times. Maybe all you foreign team lovers are just plain bullies and like to kick others when they are down? Please give me some kind of intelligent reason for your loathing of the Maples because it makes no sense to me? I can see people in other parts of Canada other than separatist Quebec not liking the Habs but what on earth have the Leafs ever done to anybody? Okay, so they knocked the stupid Senators out of the playoffs four times in a row, that is a good thing, nobody wants to see a team with politicians for fans win. They also knocked the dead things out of the playoffs the last two times they met, but who cares, the dead things are a foreign team anyway? The Maples at least carry the symbol of our great nation on their jerseys, what is there to hate? I especially can't see anyone wasting their energy hating a team that doesn't win and is no threat to anybody? Well, what is it that makes you hate the Leafs? I would really like to hear an intelligent response to this question because I have yet to hear one.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2201
( )

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  15:21:52  Reply with Quote
I love PHI and NYR and hate LA and VAN
Go to Top of Page

Guest9166
( )

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  21:53:04  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

After having joined this site quite some time ago I still haven't quite figured out why anyone living in this country could hate the Leafs so much when they are no threat to anyone. It is not like they have whipped anybody for four out of six Stanley Cups or anything in recent times. Maybe all you foreign team lovers are just plain bullies and like to kick others when they are down? Please give me some kind of intelligent reason for your loathing of the Maples because it makes no sense to me? I can see people in other parts of Canada other than separatist Quebec not liking the Habs but what on earth have the Leafs ever done to anybody? Okay, so they knocked the stupid Senators out of the playoffs four times in a row, that is a good thing, nobody wants to see a team with politicians for fans win. They also knocked the dead things out of the playoffs the last two times they met, but who cares, the dead things are a foreign team anyway? The Maples at least carry the symbol of our great nation on their jerseys, what is there to hate? I especially can't see anyone wasting their energy hating a team that doesn't win and is no threat to anybody? Well, what is it that makes you hate the Leafs? I would really like to hear an intelligent response to this question because I have yet to hear one.

Leaf fans like YOU, are why so many ppl hate them. So d*mb but you have no clue.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6593
( )

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  22:17:58  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Guest7075

What NHL Team do you hate the most?
I hate the Leafs...and I hate the CBC for bringing in Toronto games constantly. Seems we never see any games from Montreal or other cities except Toronna...when they do bring in a Habs game Don Cherry and McLean end up talking about everyone else mostly Toronto and not about the game we're watching..pathetic!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  09:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 9162 - What part of "intelligent response" didn't you understand?

Guest 6593 - This topic of the Leafs being on CBC has been discussed at length before on this site. The fact remains the viewership across Canada is higher when the Leafs are shown on Saturday nights and that creates revenue by selling advertising space at a premium dollar. As hard as it is for some of you to understand there are more Leaf fans in this country than there are fans for any other single team. That is not to say that collectively, if you were to do a survey, then there would most likely be more non Leaf fans. The key word here is "collectively". Hockey Night In Canada with the Leafs has been a nation wide tradition dating back to the wireless radio days in the late 1920's when there was only six NHL teams and only two in Canada. The Leafs were Canada's team for many years and very well established all over this great country of ours with the exception of Quebec. These roots ran very deep and it has only been in recent years and since expansion that other provinces have received their own teams and we have a greater disparity in the teams we support and do not support. With most of you being of the younger generation, you probably don't remember those heady Leaf days when they were winning Stanley Cups against the foreign teams to the south and the dreaded and hated French Canadiens. This tradition on Saturday nights has ingrained itself deeply in the older generation of this country but it is changing as the post expansion era takes over. I personally can understand your frustration of having to watch the Leafs on CBC when you want to see your Oilers against the Habs or something but the fact remains that nationally it still doesn't draw the viewership numbers that Saturday Night With The Leafs does. I have the same kind of problem here with the Sportsnet regional coverage. I really wanted to see the Anaheim/Ottawa game the other night and it was blacked out in the South Ontario region even though the Leafs weren't even playing that night. Needless to say, I was pissed. I think today, outside of Ontario, just as many Toronto haters as Leaf lovers watch the games on Saturday nights just to see them lose, which also enhances the ratings. Like I have already stated, I can understand your frustration but I really do not see it as a viable excuse to hate the Maples. Things are changing and as long as our beloved team continues to lose every year I doubt if you will have to put up with watching them every Saturday night in the not too distant future.

Go to Top of Page

canucksfan4life
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  17:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

calgary

CaNUCks ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0807
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  13:24:31  Reply with Quote
The Devils.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9139
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  13:47:06  Reply with Quote
ottawa sucks, im leaf fan, but yeahh--need to on list--TO would win most hated and most loved at same time!
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  14:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also HATE the Senators, mainly because of Neil and Alfredsson. Two very dirty players. Also because of last years playoffs, but I am going to love watching my Pens get revenge and own them this series!

Go to Top of Page

kcor
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  14:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary and Toronto are so easy to hate. Everything about the teams and the cities suck.
Go to Top of Page

habsfanforlife
Top Prospect

4 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  14:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would love to know the percentage of those who picked "Other" would have voted for Toronto... I know I would have.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6914
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  18:17:34  Reply with Quote
Is this a joke? Montreal is on this list and toronto isnt? Jesus Christ people... what is wrong with the world? The day when someone actually likes toronto and isnt joking is the day I'll juggle a hundred chainsaws with one hand.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5476
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  18:25:42  Reply with Quote
leafs
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7075

What NHL Team do you hate the most?

Go to Top of Page

Guest4006
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  19:46:42  Reply with Quote
I bet 99.99% of all those who selected 'other' wondered why Toronto wasn't on the list.

Leafs. Hands down.

-JJL, Vancouver.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5766
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  20:25:39  Reply with Quote
French separatist imperialist bastards.

End of thread.....
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada