Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Most Hated NHL Team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

KeithQuinn
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  15:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
calgary all the way

i hate the f***in maple leafs thier a peice of s***
Go to Top of Page

Guest8814
( )

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  22:40:42  Reply with Quote
COLORADO AVALANCHE by far
Chicago Blackhawks
Calgary Flames (only because I hate their a-hole puck throwing goalie)
Anaheim
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  19:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else think it's wierd that the second intermission of game 1 of the stanley cup finals was spent talking about the next Toronto GM?

I was personally hoping for more analysis....
Go to Top of Page

Radoria
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  07:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary Flames. So much so I was cheering for Tampa to win the Cup back '04.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  17:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have still failed to here a logical explanation of why tonnes of people hate the Leafs. You cannot base your answer on how the media portrays a team. After all, this topic is called MOST HATED NHL TEAM.

Guest6841
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  08:05:43  Reply with Quote
instead of hating the Leafs, you all should blame the staff
especially John Ferguson jr. he's done nothing for the organization but make them the worst team in the league, he's the one you all should be hating
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  08:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that you mention it Leafs Rock Planet I do think that the leafs are the most hated team because of how the media portrays them.

I dont like hearing about them all the time (game 1 of the stanley cup finals on HNIC for instance) and seeing their games on saturdays instead of my team's games and I dont like the fans who always claim next year the leafs will win.

Basically, Toronto is a far larger city than anywhere else in Canada in terms of population so they have the most radical fans just by sheer numbers.

I kindof like Ferguson for making the leafs the worst team in the league actually...
Go to Top of Page

Guest6841
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  08:54:20  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice

I kind of like Ferguson for making the leafs the worst team in the league actually...

really dude because i would have liked to see Toronto in the playoffs, you never now with all their odd streaks, maybe they could actually make it past the first round or the cup finals (most unlikely)
Go to Top of Page

Guest6841
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  08:57:06  Reply with Quote
[/quote]
i would have liked to see Toronto in the playoffs[/quote]
and because they are so easy to beat lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest9215
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  17:11:37  Reply with Quote
You can tick another one for the Leafs. Leafs suck
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  20:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously Toronto, they are a terrible team with lazy players and no one likes them except for ppl who live in Toronto.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4680
( )

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  11:32:18  Reply with Quote
Leafs suck my balls
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  17:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice

Now that you mention it Leafs Rock Planet I do think that the leafs are the most hated team because of how the media portrays them.

I dont like hearing about them all the time (game 1 of the stanley cup finals on HNIC for instance) and seeing their games on saturdays instead of my team's games and I dont like the fans who always claim next year the leafs will win.

Basically, Toronto is a far larger city than anywhere else in Canada in terms of population so they have the most radical fans just by sheer numbers.

I kindof like Ferguson for making the leafs the worst team in the league actually...

yeah so many times this year their were habs sens games the two dukeing it out for first. .. and we'd see like toronto who was in last against some other bottom of the barrel team,,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4252
( )

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  06:51:15  Reply with Quote
Listen here Antroman, you did not get an "intelligent response" because you did not pose an intelligent any questions. The Dead Things? That was the 80's, The maples sucked then too. In fact even at the point in history when Leafs were doing good, they still are not as good as the Habs and Wings have been. Go ahead tell me how the still suck even now. Show me that brain power you have. lol.

" Foreign teams"!? are you kidding? French separatists? serious?
See if you really look at it, folks don't like the Leaf's but really...Oh, it's the Fans. You guys take so much credit for a team that just blows. You by far are the biggest Moron I have ever read. Now stop being such a goof and pay attention to some teams that don't wear Blue and white. Fans like you keep talking about how the leafs are the best team in the NHL and the most storied (yeah right) well keep talking like that, because the second you stop, no one else will be.

GO WINGS!! GO HABS!!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well put.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here Here to the smart bastard (no offense) guest 4252, The leafs just plain suck and have been sucking for so long, Everyone hates them cause of fans like you Antroman, who keep a crappy team running, do you still buy there merchandise?do yyou go out and spend tons of money for ACC tickets? its people like who dont stand up to crappy managment and just sit there and take it for SO LONG! and still think there team is the best, its sad to see really, have a little dignity and cheer for a team who will actually have a chance at winning the cup sometime in the forseeable future, but knowing your Unfortunate Loyalty to the Maple laughs, you will go out and buy there merchandise and tickets and still support the team no matter how bad they SUCK!

Thank yoU!
Go to Top of Page

Impaled
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  11:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is Toronto not on that list?

Toronto. Kick 'em outta the league!
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  13:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto
Go to Top of Page

Guest2761
( )

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  17:04:18  Reply with Quote
I vote Montreal..home to the most irritating and ignorant fans..When Montreal is winning there happy but if not their very unsupportive..Plus i plain just don't like habs.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  18:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2761

I vote Montreal..home to the most irritating and ignorant fans..When Montreal is winning there happy but if not their very unsupportive..Plus i plain just don't like habs.

What is this....A knowledgable person finally on board??

I personally like Montreal but the fans annoy the heck out of me like you mentioned. I see why so many people would hate them.

Still no logical explanation for why everybody hates the leafs.

LF_101 I might need some help with this one.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  21:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course a Leafs fan would not understand why anyone would dislike the Leafs. I am an Oilers fan and I will never be able to understand why anyone could dislike the Oil.

That being said, let me give you a few of my reasons for disliking the Leafs:

1) In my lifetime, the Leafs have never been a good team. Sure, there were a few years when they went reasonably deep into the playoffs, but for the most part, they have been a below average team. That's not why I dislike them. What I dislike about this is that even though they are normally a bad team, they still get more press than the rest of the Canadian Teams combined. That's garbage.

2) Some time in the early 90s' (can't remember what year) the Leafs were out of the playoffs. This was also before CBC ran double headers for HNIC. Calgary was playing Edmonton with the winner going to the playoffs and the loser going golfing. What does CBC do?? Show a Toronto game??? What's up with that. There was such an uproar out west that CBC finally bent to the pressure and showed the Oil/Flames game west of Winnipeg. Again, that's garbage.

3) I personally find a great deal of Leaf fans as fickle. Complain about everything possible the team is doing wrong or not doing things they should be doing. Also, the hockey universe does not revolve around Toronto. The NHL is bigger than any single team. Yet, the Leaf fans I know think differently. Yet again, Garbage.

And ultimately, as in all sports, no one needs a valid reason why they like or dislike a team. As you can see from many posts on here, it's not the minority that hate the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  11:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go ahead and hate the Leafs. I really dont see why Leaf fans would or should care if other people hate the team or not. It will just be that much sweeter the day they finally win the cup and we can have the biggest party in the history of canada.
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  17:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs fans might be waiting a while.

1. The Toronto Maple Leafs have never won the Stanley Cup when there were more than 8 teams in the league.

2. The Toronto Maple Leafs have never won more than two playoff series in the same season ever.

Have fun waiting while everyone else gets their cups. Worst NHL team in history and it is because of the die hard fans who love the team no matter how bad it is and give management no reason to act smartly in hockey decisions.
Go to Top of Page

LuonGod
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  17:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs. The only reason I ever started disliking the team is because of the whole mentality in TO that us fans in the west enjoy seeing interview after interview after report after report on the Leafs. I would love to see this kind of action on the Caps or the Hawks...Why? Well in risk of repeating millions of hockey fans in North America, I will say it straight up again, The Caps and Hawks have young, interesting, youthful players, The Leafs (Besides Luke Schenn, Hes from my Saskatoon) have nothing close to this and might never.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  06:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philadelphia
Go to Top of Page

southparkfan421
Top Prospect

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  09:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Red Wings and theres a very weird reason i hate the red wings.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4098
( )

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  10:48:37  Reply with Quote
Yeah, as a Mtl fan (and to some extend NJ), I hate the leafs, oh so much.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7380
( )

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  12:29:41  Reply with Quote
I wonder how many of those "Other" votes were for the leafs?
Go to Top of Page

Guest2263
( )

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  20:24:19  Reply with Quote
Falmes!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5980
( )

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  09:42:20  Reply with Quote
i love how this guy dosnt put toronto on ths list......fan possibly??? TORONTO SUCKS!!!! GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6818
( )

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  20:03:17  Reply with Quote
montreal canadiens, i would capitalize but their not worth it, plus they spell Canadians wrong.
Go to Top of Page

your mumma make me *****
Top Prospect

15 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  20:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
philadelphia flyers

and do the guy above me its cause there french
Go to Top of Page

Guest4094
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:05:31  Reply with Quote
Why the hell aren't the Leafs on the list?! They are definetly the most hated.

http://www.leafs-suck.com
Go to Top of Page

Guest6578
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:38:00  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

My vote is for Toronto as well. You are right in the fact that most people West of the T-Dot really don't like the Leafs.

Bab's, that hurt. What has Alberta ever done to you?? Oh ya, the Sharks can't beat Alberta in the Play-offs. I understand now.

What does that mean? Is that why the Western Canadian teams demand more games against the Leafs and is that why there are tons of Leaf fans at games when the Leafs play out West?

We are not crazy about the Alberta teams here in Toronto...exactly due to comments like this, "Oh ya, the Sharks can't beat Alberta in the Play-offs"

So apparently the Sharks did not eliminate Calgary from the playoffs just 6 months ago?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6578
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:46:35  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

Toronto hands down! I don't understand why there is such a following for the leafs cuz they just can't cut it in the playoffs. As well I think HNIC shows way too many leafs games and people just get sick of watching them. Except for people who live there i guess.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

Oh yeah because the Oilers can really cut it in the playoffs, they have done lots in the playoffs the last 17 years, if the Oilers even make the playoffs that is. And do not bring up the 80s that is irreleavnt in this modern context. Typical Alberta fans bias. No one is forcing anyone to watch Leaf games, go online and watch some other game. I am not even a Leafs' fan but this Alberta teams attitude some of you have makes me sick.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6578
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:50:04  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Does anyone else find it pathetic that when the NHL designed the schedule that Toronto has a game EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT?? Most of them are at home as well. I know that there is a huge population in Toronto and that CBC has to try to satisfy thier viewers. I would think that CBC should do some kind of online poll weekly that gives each area an opportunity to pick the game they want to see. I would like to see a little more Ottawa and Montreal when they are not playing Toronto. It seems the only time that you see any Canadian team in the early game is when they play Toronto. I would love to see more Ottawa/Montreal games, or Cal/Edm/Van against Ott or Mont.

The Toronto market is the biggest in Canada, therefore, will make the most money for the CBC, therefore the CBC will always place priority on Leaf games.

You do not like it and still want to watch a game:

1) Go to cbc.ca, they stream all their games online, you can pick the CBC matchup you like best
2)Find some other games to watch online at NHL.com or some peer-to-peer website.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6578
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:51:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1450

spare me. if the oilers where part of that list they would totally be the most hated. Theres so much to hate about them i cant see who would like them besides homos who cant get gf's

I am not a big Oilers fan either but really...thiose comments are ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7647
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  06:20:36  Reply with Quote
TORONTO 4 ever
Go to Top of Page

Guest6740
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  11:21:12  Reply with Quote
didn't oilers make it to the cup finals like not that long ago so whoever just chirped the oils saying they havent done s*** since the 80's is full of s*** All the Laughs Stink,

Reasons to Hate the Laughs

1. Fans, there fans are the worst of any team in the nhl you can't name a worst fanbase then the leafs, you ever gone to a leafs game its sad just sad you see a guy wearing the opposing team sweater and they try to fight them and start stuff like come on, another reason fans make some of the stupiest comments I've every heard in my life like one day I was with some leaf fans and they start chirping the sens because of how they didn't win a game in the playoffs last year i just laughed and said when was the last time the leafs actually made it to the playoffs but no it didn't stop there with a leaf fan they just gotta keep going and going till you just give up cuz you can't comprend how dumb they actually are.

2. Media, If the newspaper headline was true the leafs would be winning a stanley cup this year and then the next day finishing last in the nhl. just some of the stuff that annoying. HNIC is just ridicolous some same with sportsnet that label them as Canada's team if they were actually Canada's team i'd be moved to the USA right now supporting anything but the leafs.

3. Players, I'll give it to you Sundin is amazing player but when you draft
and build on a team of moron like Tucker Domi Mccabe Belak sure they got rid of them now but how long did it take honestly. When they actually used to make the playoffs a ways long time ago they were dirty like some of the stuff they did and never got pentalized for really baffled me but then again when the game is in toronto and the refs wanna get home safe tonight.

4. Franchise, sure you can say they have the 2 most stanley cups but other than that what else, tons of players left the leafs just to win a stanley cup and get out of such a patheic franchise

I could list tons of more reasons why I personally hate the laughs but i pretty sure that should be enough reasons for any true Hockey fan to understand
Go to Top of Page

motherpucker
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  13:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sharks blow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic