Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do you hate the Maple Leafs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  14:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

quote:

"Pathetic"..... Just like your post.

The Leafs are a laughing stock throughout the NHL. John Ferguson Jr. is not a real General Manager. The Leafs have approached several figures to "assist" him in his duties, including Scotty Bowman and John Muckler. The Senators organization were asked for permission to talk with Muckler at the same time they knew he was getting fired. The Leafs were denied permission to speak with him until after 7/4 so he wouldn't be able to help out with the free agent frenzy. I guess that was their window to get some intelligence into their system, because Mucks still has no job, and JFJ is signing every goalie he can afford. That's pathetic.

Everything happens for a reason Oilinontario. Why do you think they signed Clemmenson? THEIR GOING TO TRADE RAYCROFT! That being said a 2 million dollar salary for a backup goalie is to much. Sometimes you have to read between the lines!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  15:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gotta give you credit for not attacking my team's failures in the past year, but does anyone really believe that JFJ has a plan? Who is going to take Raycroft at his salary (3 mil/ per, I think)? Where does Pogge fit in? What about Aubin? After last year, does anybody but a Leafs' fan expect anything from Mark Bell? Why is your defense so bloody expensive? Your captain admitted to the press that he is at the end of his career! Darcy Tucker and Tie Domi are sympathetic heroes in your town! I bet if Dougie Gilmour wanted to give it another go, he would be welcomed with open arms and legs in T.O. WAKE UP!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  16:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I gotta give you credit for not attacking my team's failures in the past year

Well since you mentioned it. Kevin Lowe has to go. He traded away your two leaders in Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith. Dwyane Roloson is definetely overated, and they failed to grab any big names during the draft or free agency. Maybe because its like "Siberia". What place did the Oilers finish last season 11th, 12th?
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  16:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

quote:

Well since you mentioned it. Kevin Lowe has to go. He traded away your two leaders in Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith. Dwyane Roloson is definetely overated, and they failed to grab any big names during the draft or free agency. Maybe because its like "Siberia". What place did the Oilers finish last season 11th, 12th?

OK I'll take away that credit now. This IS a Leaf haters forum, Right? Defend your team. Go......
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  16:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

OK I'll take away that credit now. This IS a Leaf haters forum, Right? Defend your team. Go......

OK first off I'll defend JFJ. By going out and trading for Toskala, JFJ is admitting that he screwed up with the signing of Raycroft. And he wasnt a nobody with the Free agent frenzy. He went out and signed a proven goal scorer in Jason Blake
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  17:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jason Blake and Mark Bell are next year's Jeff O'Neill and Jason Allison. I enjoy your enthusiasm, though.

Edited by - OILINONTARIO on 07/08/2007 17:31:58
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  17:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention that Toskala will be this year's Andrew Raycroft. Have fun with that. I Know everybody else will.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  18:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is with the Oilers I cant even say a quality name to throw under the bus. Like you did with O'Neil, Raycroft and Allison.

Edited by - Leafs Rock Planet on 07/08/2007 18:14:46
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  18:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, what is this? The battle between two struggling teams to determine the better? Great entertainment, guys. Keep it up!

By the way...
quote:

Maybe because its like "Siberia".

Take the coldest day on record in Edmonton and double the number. That's probably the coldest day on record in Siberia. Edmonton's a sauna by comparison.

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  19:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just joking Mik Im just reffering to what i think Michael Nylanders wife said about Edmonton.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  07:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I see You'd think that for a native to Sweden Edmonton wouldn't be so cold, because it can get just as cold in the Swedish winters.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  06:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Oilinontario......you just won a point for your team, they signed Sheldon Souray.

Forecheck+Backcheck=Paycheck
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  08:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oilinontario, JFJ has been warned that he may have to be replaced. That is why he has been thinking more and more. Mark Bell is a pretty big fellow that can score goals. He proved that as a young guy with a struggeling Chicago team. In SJS he didn't have a huge chance to prove himself on their 3rd line(maybe 4th). I have faith in Toskala. He will be a top notch goaltender. JFJ has been thinking and no doubt in my mind he has been getting advice from peers and friends. He should have been fired long ago but he is improving fairly well. I think Bell will come out big this season. Along with WellwoodDid you see Welwoods stats this year? 42 points in 48 games. Not bad at all.

Our defence is really good. The only flaws are that they are fairly young and McCabe and Kubina aren't great additions that can be replaced easily. White and Colaiacavo will be great defensemen when they mature.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  16:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Toskala should do better than Raycroft, but it seems like over and over, the Leafs are picking up players that have been unable to reach their potential, in hopes that they will, for one great season, do for "The Buds" what they haven't been able to accomplish previously. I won't give examples. You all know what I'm talking about.
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  17:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Lupul? He didn't hit his potential with the oil. Why you might ask, well it's because THE OILERS BLOW BILLY GOATS. Well i used to not mind the oil until i came to this forum and now I hate them. now on terms of teams I hate here they are:

1) Canucks
2)Ottawa
3)Montreal
4)Oilers
5)sabers

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  17:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was referring more to players that have passed their peak. Lupul may have a few good seasons left in him. Would you really like a list of the T.O. players I'm talking about?
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  17:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No but I would like some more groul sir

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

No but I would like some more groul sir

Pickup hockey pool

I think you've had quite enough groul, son (Whatever the hell that means)
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  14:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice bash LRP and Oil. Now my impartial *cough* decision. Don't worry it is okay for a Leafs fan to be impartial (especially their #1 Fan).

I see fans hating on the Leafs for one simple reason...history. All sports have the team they love to hate. Baseball-Yankees College Basketball- Duke Blue Devils. Hockey's is the Leafs. Sometimes people get caught up in this hate (imagine how Red Sox fans are cheering since the Pinstripes are 9 games out) and they find ways to bash the team, essentially hating people to support them.

I think most Leafs fans are delusional, to be honest. They say their team is good but have no evidence to back it up but excuses on why we haven't been performing. I'm not going to say, "We are the best team" nor will I say "We are the worst." I think JFJ has made steps, baby steps, to improve our franchise. Will we contend for the Cup? No more or less then the other 29 teams in the league. Will I say that Toskala will guarantee us the Cup? No. What I am saying is that our team is more competitive then before these deals occurred.

I"m not trying to make you a Leafs fan but I'm not saying that being a fan is bad. On the contrary, I love this team, through all they have been through. I don't expect to see more people stop hating the Leafs after this post. It's the team meant to be hated by the rest, but loved unconditionally by its supporters. I think my reputation on this site is good enough for people to know that I am not a one-dimensional Leafs fan. I can look at booth sides of a coin. I see others on this site supporting other teams doing the same. Mik can look and say 'Wow, we lost our two best centres". She will not beat around the bush and pretend everything is fine. And by doing that you establish yourself as a greater fan then one who will think everything is all smiles. So do I think that the Leafs are hated. Yes. But could I love any other team. No. I consider myself to be the #1 Leafs fan because despite their difficulties I can still cheer for them and give them my support. So if the question is do I hate the Leafs my answer is No. How could I cheer for anyone else?

Second place is only first place of the losers.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 07/16/2007 15:08:59
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is that when the leafs win the cup (hopefully im alive) there will be the biggest party ever (except mabey if england wins the world cup).

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my opinion on why people hate the Leafs. It's all has to do with equality. The Leafs have not had a legitimate Stanley Cup team, save a season or two, in the past 30 years. That being said, up until the mid-90's, CBC only had one game on Saturday Night. So, through the haydays of the Oilers and the Flames from the 80's, and Vancouver and Winnipeg having a few years with decent teams, CBC often aired a Montreal or Toronto game for HNIC. Take a look at this from Wikipedia. I know that it is not the most reliable place to find information, but this is pretty much the feel of many people I know from the west.

Critics of what the show chooses to program allege that the Eastern broadcast in particular favors teams from Ontario, especially the Toronto Maple Leafs.[6] Some feel that Toronto games are aired too often across the network, usually to the detriment of the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens, whose fans sometimes do not see a Saturday night game of their team. The situation is similar to that faced by fans in the United States (see NHL on NBC for more information).

CBC has said that scheduling Leafs games across so much of the network makes sense considering budget cuts. The Windsor area may simply not have a large enough population to receive Detroit Red Wings coverage during the regular season, although CBC does sometimes split its feed during the playoffs to make Red Wings games available, for instance the first round of the 2006 playoffs against Edmonton.

In addition, with the CBC having exclusive English-language broadcast rights to NHL games in Canada on Saturdays, critics say that it abuses this power by refusing to air some games involving Canadian teams without allowing local or regional broadcasters (such as Rogers Sportsnet) the ability to show the local team's games. In order to minimize the number of times this occurs throughout the season, teams in Western Canada are usually given schedules that make them play less frequently on Saturdays than Toronto. TSN has similar English-language exclusivity on Wednesday nights[citation needed]. CBC does offer regional coverage during the playoffs when multiple Canadian teams are involved. All Canadiens games air in French on RDS without restriction.

The CBC has also taken criticism from Western-based hockey fans for not broadcasting the second game of the doubleheader in HDTV. As such, usually only the 7 p.m. game involving the Toronto Maple Leafs were shown in HD during the 2005-06 season, and sometimes CBC would not show either game in high definition. In 2006-07, CBC is rumored to be preparing a second high-definition broadcast truck that will be ready for the playoffs.[citation needed]

Also, viewers wishing to watch the second game of the double-header complain that they have sometimes been forced to view the first game's feed until its conclusion, as CBC rarely splits its feed for Western viewers. This is rarely a concern anymore as regular-season games almost never go past 10:08 p.m. ET (7:08 p.m. PT), even including possible overtime and shootouts, because of the introduction of hurry-up faceoffs. In the past, especially late in the season if the second game had no playoff implications, the CBC would slowly wrap up the first game(s) including interviews and analysis, as well as take multiple commercial breaks, before finally joining the second game in progress, even in the Western NHL markets.

So, if you have made it to the end of this, my point is this: The people I know, and myself include, hate the Leafs through association. Nothing they have really done, it's CBC's fault. The Leafs are just the scapegoats.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  13:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not just the CBC. As an Oilers' fan living in Ontario, I am confounded by the media attention paid to the Leafs on television and in print, while the rest of the NHL, no matter how big the story, is next page, and often next day, material. During the season, on any given day, I can read about Coliacovo's most recent injury, but if I want to know the score of last night's Oilers' game, I'm out of luck (even if the game ended at 9:30 EST) ! It is also interesting to read the letters to the sports editor in the Toronto Sun, from Leafs' Fans, who constantly bash the players, management, and owners of their own team! And when somebody writes to stick up for them, there is always a backlash from these same "fans". The only thing funnier than this was all the Senator-bashing going on as they made their way to the cup final. Funny stuff. And pathetic.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  13:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are bad fans for every team. Even our beloved Oilers had a number of moronic fans riot down Whyte Ave every time the Oiler had a playoff game two years ago. Pretty sad.

However, I have run into more of "those" kinds of Leafs fans than not. Most Leaf fans I know will bash the crap out of everything the Leafs do, yet defend the team to the end.

Interestingly enough, I know many Calgary fans like that too.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  14:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least most Flamers can recall the glory and bloodlust of the 80's! We relive it every year, and some Battles of Alberta since have been great hockey! Who can deny that the Cup final appearances of the respective Alberta teams in recent years was largely fan-fueled? When was the last time the crowd at the ACC took over singing the national anthem, or rivalled the volume of the Saddledome or "The Rex"? Beleive me, I'm not a Calgary fan, by any means, but could you imagine the Leafs team, the way they are, awarding a green hardhat to the most deserving player after each playoff win? Great stuff, just not for T.O. Play out the games, and "just wait 'til next year!"
Go to Top of Page

FanMan
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  19:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs,
I like em ,why?
because there are not clearly enough canadian teams in the NHL to hate
Go to Top of Page

vancouber
Top Prospect

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  18:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My answer to the question do I hate the Leafs is NO

I hate Bigots and Terrorists but only no mind people would even think about hateing a team in Hockey

This thread is Sad sorry for your lack, Canuck, perhaps your priorities will change with your growing to manhood. Then perhaps NOT?
Go to Top of Page

Guest0009
( )

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  05:48:33  Reply with Quote
who would hate the best team in the league yeah ok the jersey arnt that great but the team has a great franchise and great players. you just dont hate a canadian team beacuse there r so little. if u dont like the leafs than i will beat u inside out

GOLEAFSGO!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  12:06:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See, it's stuff like this guest that really makes my thoughts on TO and "typical" TO fans true.

Couple of points:

-Toronto has not won a Cup since the league was 6 teams.
-There have been 25 teams that have played at least 1000 NHL games. TO is ranked 15th of those 25 teams in historic win %. Also the worst of the original 6 (Montreal 2nd, Boston, 3rd, NYR 8th, Detroit 10th, and Chicago 11th)
-Toronto has only won their division once in 40 years.
-Toronto missed the playoffs 13 times and lost in the 1st round 11 times. More than half the time they haven't made it out of the first round and they have never been back to the Final.
-TO has had Sittler, MacDonald, Gilmour, Ullman, and Sundin as the only players they have had to be in the top 10 in scoring. And no Toronto player has finnished 3rd or higher in scoring since 67. (I know this means nothing, but we have all talked at length about Hockey pundits focusing on Scoring as a test of a players skills)

So, my point is, be a TO fan all you want, but don't start into that best team in the league, storied history, great player crap. Toronto has been an average team at best for the past 40 years, and for at least half of that time, they were the joke of the league. Call a spade a spade.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4043
( )

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  14:40:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vancouber

My answer to the question do I hate the Leafs is NO

I hate Bigots and Terrorists but only no mind people would even think about hateing a team in Hockey

This thread is Sad sorry for your lack, Canuck, perhaps your priorities will change with your growing to manhood. Then perhaps NOT?

It's not a sad thread. It's about rivalries in sport. Lots of fans from different cities will dislike neighboring teams. Its what makes sports great. What fun would it be if you didn't have a team to cheer for or one to despise? What's sad is that you have to hurl an insult at the member who posted it. It's just a question, and judging by the 5 pages of replies, it was a good one. You've visiting a hockey pool web site where people compete daily to win bragging rights! Having a team to hate is normal, try it, it's fun.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  15:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

See, it's stuff like this guest that really makes my thoughts on TO and "typical" TO fans true.

Couple of points:

-Toronto has not won a Cup since the league was 6 teams.
-There have been 25 teams that have played at least 1000 NHL games. TO is ranked 15th of those 25 teams in historic win %. Also the worst of the original 6 (Montreal 2nd, Boston, 3rd, NYR 8th, Detroit 10th, and Chicago 11th)
-Toronto has only won their division once in 40 years.
-Toronto missed the playoffs 13 times and lost in the 1st round 11 times. More than half the time they haven't made it out of the first round and they have never been back to the Final.
-TO has had Sittler, MacDonald, Gilmour, Ullman, and Sundin as the only players they have had to be in the top 10 in scoring. And no Toronto player has finnished 3rd or higher in scoring since 67. (I know this means nothing, but we have all talked at length about Hockey pundits focusing on Scoring as a test of a players skills)

So, my point is, be a TO fan all you want, but don't start into that best team in the league, storied history, great player crap. Toronto has been an average team at best for the past 40 years, and for at least half of that time, they were the joke of the league. Call a spade a spade.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.

Do not bunch all leaf fans in one basket, because you are wrong...

What is a "typical" TO fan?

By the way Sittler 3rd in scoring 1977-78, a little research, and you may have seen the stats...

A lot of people have switched from Toronto to other teams, and there are many reasons for switching, a new NHL team in your home town, favorite player may be on another team, or like many they were fed up with the lack luster performances since 1967.

When the Leafs win the CUP, and they will again someday (I hope so) all the rats that jumped off the sinking ship will return with flags on their cars...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Guest4428
( )

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  16:42:30  Reply with Quote
Nice Contracts....oh, and thanks for resigning Antropov and
Ponikarovsky...it's the only way those 2 deadbeats would stay in the
NHL..because any other team would bury them in the AHL..but in Toronto, they're top 6! the Leafs themselves can't even support a goalie...let's trade our future #1 goalie for Raycroft...OOPS...okay, let's trade our first round pick for Toskala and DUI...OOPS..coulda had Cheraponov or Esposito...so now, 2 back up goalies and a guy who can't play for 15 games for 2 quality youngsters.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  16:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ponikarovsky and Antropov are both good players... Toskala is not a back-up. Raycroft is. That's pretty standard I think...
Cherepanov is another Zherdev. Quit blowing crap out of your mouth.

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  20:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4428

NHL..because any other team would bury them in the AHL..but in Toronto, they're top 6! the Leafs themselves can't even support a goalie...let's trade our future #1 goalie for Raycroft...OOPS...okay, let's trade our first round pick for Toskala and DUI...OOPS..coulda had Cheraponov or Esposito...so now, 2 back up goalies and a guy who can't play for 15 games for 2 quality youngsters.

I can understand you being upset about Antropov, Ponikarovsky and Raycroft, but TO scored big with Toskala, he's a very good tender. SJS got rid of him because they coud no longer afford to have two number 1 goalies. I think he is the first good move TO has done in a long, long time.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  07:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4428

I was never a big Antropov fan, but he did play well the last half of the season, and this will be a make or break year for him.

Ponikarovsky had his best season, and shows promise for the future.

I do not believe either of the two are first line players, but with all the injuries last seson who else on the team could you put there?

So far Tuuka Rask has not played an NHL game, and he was never the Leafs future #1 goalie. I do not believe that he ever will play in the NHL. I was glad to see the Leafs keep Pogge over Rask...

First round pick for Toskala was a great deal for Toronto. Many people hate Raycroft, and yes he had bad games, but with a stellar goalie behind him he may be sitting a lot.

Bell was a free toss in by SJS, yes he has problems that the Leaf Brass knew all about, he was free, and could be a great pick up, only time will tell. (Look what Mactavish accomplished with a new start).

Cheraponov or Esposito, yes we could have selected them, and in a few years we will find out if they even pan out in the NHL. There are so many players to choose from in the draft, and more than half never play a game, and very few make it a career...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  08:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Puck, you are right. I apologize for lumping TO fans in one group. That is not fair. I have had many experiences with TO fans exactly like the guest who said "best team in the league, best players, storied history" and it's frustrating. I have no specific problem with Leaf fans, I just hate that best team ever stuff when the Leafs really haven't done anything in 40 years. Say you love them because you grew up watching them, say you love them because you hate the Habs and that's just natural, say you love them because you have a Moustache like Lanny. Just don't say they are the best ever, because it's far from the truth.

Sorry again, I meant no disrespect.

And I missed Sittler at #3. Is anything else I stated incorrect??

Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  11:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately for Toronto they were a storied franchise, but that was before the 70's, and the terrible 80's. Any one who says that they are still is someone who is young, and is living on past performances that have been passed on by elders...

It is unfortunate that there are many people who hate the Leafs, some of them are x fans that were fed up with that poor play, and management in the 80's.

I find more people hate the Leafs because of their countrywide exposure, example that they are on Sat. night hockey every weekend, and many non-Leaf fans do not always get a chance to see their favourite team.

If this is the case why hate the Leafs, hate the broadcasting company. In other words if Edmonton was on every Saturday night, and Leaf fans could only see a few Leaf games televised, would it be fair to say that one day many people would hate Edmonton, but it would not have been their fault...

By the way Beans I am curious how many Edmonton games are televised out of the 82?

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  14:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oilers 07-08 Schedule

CBC-13
TSN-6
Sportsnet-48.

That's 19 out of 82 nationally(25%) and 64 total. Another 14 are on PPV and 1 has no coverage at all.

Leafs 07-08 Schedule
CBC-28
TSN-12
RSN-22
LTV-20

So 40 games, or about half are nationally covered.

Above this, only ONE Saturday night has no Leaf games this season (Jan. 26), but they make up for it with a Thursday Night Game, Feb. 7th. Between Feb 2th and Feb 16 (14 days) the Leafs are covered nationally 4 times!!!

I agree with you 100%, most of the people I have talked to that are anti-Leafs state it because they are on TV all the time!

PS-What is RSN?? Is that a local TO station?? Is LeafsTV free or is that a premium pay channel??

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  15:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

PS-What is RSN?? Is that a local TO station??

No RSN is Rogers Sportsnet (sportsnet).

Forecheck+Backcheck=Paycheck
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  17:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RSN is that considered Sportsnet East then?

Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  18:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope RSN stands for Rogers SportsNet. In Toronto we get Sportsnet Ontario. Sportsnet East shows Sens coverage. SN Ontario is actually the Leafs official brodcast station for Leafs games. I guess now their showing us more games instead of national coverage on TSN. 20 games are on LeafsTv so it's even better for you guys (and for me, I love Leafs TV brodcasts).

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page