Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Trade rumours, thoughts, opinions, etc Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Guest8875
( )

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  14:41:01  Reply with Quote
How about Nash to Van for Luongo. Or just something along those lines. Luongo is worth a ton just like Nash and I really think it's time Van drops Luongo as he keeeps proving that he can't handle pressure. That way Van still has goaltending in Schnieder who if is as good as they say then they don't need Luongo and they get someone who can perform under pressure. They also wouldn`t have to worry about cap space and Columbus gets someone who is good in the regular season at the back end. Then they can work forward. Of course they would probaly have to work in Mason so Van can get some backup. I think it could be a win for both teams and Nash can prove his worth on a good team and Luongo can get a change of scenery and prove he is a top goaltender on any team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8875
( )

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  14:49:27  Reply with Quote
Also Ryan Smyth is not leaving the Oilers.
1. He cried the first time he got traded away from them
2. He pleaded with L.A. to come to Edmonton
3. L.A. was underpaid for Smyth, They traded him out of respect and he has stated he would not `slap them in the face`by leaving Edmonton 6 months later
4.Tambo (Oiler`s GM) stated in todays newspaper he is not going anywhere
5. He has family in Edmonton
$50 says he will retire an Oiler
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  22:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8875

How about Nash to Van for Luongo. Or just something along those lines. Luongo is worth a ton just like Nash and I really think it's time Van drops Luongo as he keeeps proving that he can't handle pressure. That way Van still has goaltending in Schnieder who if is as good as they say then they don't need Luongo and they get someone who can perform under pressure. They also wouldn`t have to worry about cap space and Columbus gets someone who is good in the regular season at the back end. Then they can work forward. Of course they would probaly have to work in Mason so Van can get some backup. I think it could be a win for both teams and Nash can prove his worth on a good team and Luongo can get a change of scenery and prove he is a top goaltender on any team.

Nothing's impossible, but this is darn close! The biggest problem with this proposed deal, even if Vancouver wanted to do it, is that Luongo has a NTC and it's all but guaranteed that CBJ would not be a team he'd accept a deal to! Also, i'm pretty sure that Vancouver wants to go into the playoffs with both their goalies and then deal with trading one of them in the summer. They're window of opportunity is wide open right now and having the two capable goalies is far too important to the team right now. Imagine if Luongo was injured in round 1 (serious injury) and they had to turn to Eddie Lack to take them to the finals? Worse yet, imagine Luongo gets seriously hurt a week after the deadline and is done for the year? I know most teams are in a similar predicament and if their #1 goes down, their in a load of trouble, but when you have the luxury that the Canucks do, why not use it to your advantage. I don't think Schneider's value decreases any by waiting till the summer.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  06:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so here is what i have been thinking. if the leafs land Carter wich i think CBJ would be looking for a current player, a prospect and either a draft pick or another prospect. the leafs then could extend an offer sheet to Price. they would get both their number 1 center and their starting goalie.

so to

TOR Carter
to CBJ
Grabovski
Kadri
and either gustavsson, reimer, scrivens or a draft pick
if they have to give up the draft pick then this plan is blown but i think burke could swing it

i dont think the leafs are looking to nash because they are fine with their wingers.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4551
( )

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  06:36:55  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

so here is what i have been thinking. if the leafs land Carter wich i think CBJ would be looking for a current player, a prospect and either a draft pick or another prospect. the leafs then could extend an offer sheet to Price. they would get both their number 1 center and their starting goalie.

so to

TOR Carter
to CBJ
Grabovski
Kadri
and either gustavsson, reimer, scrivens or a draft pick
if they have to give up the draft pick then this plan is blown but i think burke could swing it

i dont think the leafs are looking to nash because they are fine with their wingers.

so i just remebered about cap hits sigh lol my bad would be fun too see though
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  06:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4551 is me apparently i wasnt signed in .....
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  13:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been reading rumours the last couple of days that Patrick Kane might be available at the deadline, if the deal were right. A year ago I would have thought he was part of the CHI "untouchable core", but perhaps not so...

No rumours as to destination, just simply that he wasn't producing right now, and CHI has an abundance of scoring threats that make Kane moveable.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  13:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! That's almost hard to believe, but when Richards and Carter were dealt from Philly, most prob had the "untouchable" tag on them as well!

Speaking of Richards and Carter, it was well documented about their lack of professionalism sotospeak. I wonder if Kane is running down a similar path??? He was one of the guys in the "party pics" in Vancouver here a few years back wasn't he (with Versteeg and Madden?)? Then there was the taxicab incident. Hmmmm......Perhaps "Captain Serious" and Kane aren't on such buddy buddy terms as many fans think???

Well, how 'bout trading him here to play on an American line with Booth and Kesler? Lol. Kane a Canuck. Wouldn't that be something!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  15:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
philly picked up their (hopefull) temp replacement for pronger
Niklas Grossman
for two draft picks a 2nd in 2012 and a third in 2013
this guys is 6 foot 4 and 230 pounds
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617338

Edited by - mandree888 on 02/16/2012 15:47:09
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  20:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dominic Moore went to SJ too along with a 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder.

I keep seeing Teemu Selanne's name coming up in trade rumors. Yesterday it was San Jose, today Detroit. Is there any chance Selanne is available?? I'd LOVE to see him in NY
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  20:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what i've heard, he's only moving if HE asks. The team will not approach him, so the ball is in his court!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  10:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/index.html
i thought this was an interesting site and could start more thought son possible trades.
for example
Sam Gagner to TOR would be interesting and i dont think burke would have to break the bank for him his cap hit is low and his in the kid line's shadow in oil country
i am thinking straight up shenn for gagner
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  10:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i thought this was an interesting site and could start more thought son possible trades.
for example
Sam Gagner to TOR would be interesting and i dont think burke would have to break the bank for him his cap hit is low and his in the kid line's shadow in oil country

Schenn for Gagner would seem to be totally ridiculous. At least it would have a year ago? It's funny how not that long ago, Schenn was considered a lock for a top 2 long term dman. Gagner was a young, skilled underachiever. Not a chance there'd be a swap of these two, even up, back then. Now, while i still don't see it happening (i still think Edm would have to sweeten the pot), it's much closer.

BTW, great site/link Mandree. I keep seeing Semin trade proposals but with his crazy salary, i figured he wouldn't be moving, but i just read on there that he's UFA at the end of the season. I didn't realize that. Still find it hard to believe anyone would give up much for him as he's prob gonna "test the waters" in the summer.

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/18/2012 10:21:59
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  10:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
(i still think Edm would have to sweeten the pot)

so if i understand you think edm would have to give more?
i dont think so it gives both teams something they are looking for. to edm a good young defencemen
and tor a young centre that is starting to find his game and could fit in with lupul and kessel

yeah i found that site and was like nice so i decided to post it.lol
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  10:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest with you, yes, i do think Edm would have to give up more. Gagner has been hot lately. Some say his value has skyrocketted because of this. But i ask you this, would anyone have said Gagner for Schenn straight up 2 months ago would be a fair deal??? I believe Burke will not overvalue Gagner's hot streak and i also believe that while most have downgraded Schenn's likelihood of being a can't miss stud, Burke is too stubborn to have done so. Therefore, i think Burke would shoot this deal down in a second, unless there's more offered from Edm. Just my opinion of course, i could be totally wrong.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  11:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I believe Burke will not overvalue Gagner's hot streak and i also believe that while most have downgraded Schenn's likelihood of being a can't miss stud, Burke is too stubborn to have done so.

i may be one of the ones that have downgraded shenn's likelihood of a cant miss stud.
but i may also be a little biased as i cant stand the really good one year and horrible the next. that being said he is starting to smarten up again. so .... i think the leafs need their number 1 goalie and a number 1 centre after that i think that are a really dangerous team.

another interesting trade would (according to the site i posted) be a move with jack johnson i would have pegged him as untouchable although i dont watch the kings game or follow them so i have no idea what his year has been like but he could be part of a huge deal for carter or nash from the jackets.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  12:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Kings realize that to get a big name forward, they're gonna have to give something decent up. That, would likely be Jack Johnson in most scenarios. It's not so much they want to get rid of him, but they do have depth and prospects at D and therefore he's expendable. It's the old "you have to give something to get something" kind of thing! JJ has not by any means had a terrible season or anything, it's just that with their depth, he's one that interests other teams and that the Kings can afford to lose to add some much needed scoring.

What i was surprised at was that Montreal was listed as potential destinations for both big name Dmen in Suter and Johnson? They were also listed as a possibility for J. Carter.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  12:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i could see carter going to mtl but only if mtl is going to rebuild and needs a number 1 centre to build around
the problem is what would mtl have to give up to make it happen i think nothing short of price... which mtl wont do

Edited by - mandree888 on 02/18/2012 12:22:29
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2012 :  04:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

for example

Schenn for Gagner would seem to be totally ridiculous. At least it would have a year ago? It's funny how not that long ago, Schenn was considered a lock for a top 2 long term dman. Gagner was a young, skilled underachiever. Not a chance there'd be a swap of these two, even up, back then. Now, while i still don't see it happening (i still think Edm would have to sweeten the pot), it's much closer.

BTW, great site/link Mandree. I keep seeing Semin trade proposals but with his crazy salary, i figured he wouldn't be moving, but i just read on there that he's UFA at the end of the season. I didn't realize that. Still find it hard to believe anyone would give up much for him as he's prob gonna "test the waters" in the summer.

Nobody I have ever talked to on the Leafs thought Schenn was a top 2 guy in the future - a top 4 guy, sure, but not top 2.

But a lot of people thought Gagner had a big future possibly . . . so yeah, it is funny where they were and where they are now. But that trade will never happen, because Gagner will not get traded, I'd put money on it. That 8 point game kept him in Edmonton for at least another year!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  13:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
steve downie traded to avalanche for Kyle quincy

to TB Kyle Quincey

to COL Steve Downie
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6689&navid=DL|NHL|home
Go to Top of Page

Guest4927
( )

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  13:43:53  Reply with Quote
quote:

steve downie traded to avalanche for Kyle quincy

to TB Kyle Quincey

to COL Steve Downie
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6689&navid=DL|NHL|home

THEN QUINCEY TO THE REDWINGS?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  14:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting, but yes, the Wings have aquired Quincey. Apparently they inquired about him last week but couldn't work out a deal with Colorado. So, in stepped long time Wing, Stevie Y to make it happen!

http://www.freep.com/article/20120221/SPORTS05/120221053/Red-Wings-get-Kyle-Quincey-in-three-team-trade?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  16:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting, but yes, the Wings have aquired Quincey. Apparently they inquired about him last week but couldn't work out a deal with Colorado. So, in stepped long time Wing, Stevie Y to make it happen!

http://www.freep.com/article/20120221/SPORTS05/120221053/Red-Wings-get-Kyle-Quincey-in-three-team-trade?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Nice. Everyone likes a 3-way.....erm, trade that is
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  17:03:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

how NBA.

Nice. Everyone likes a 3-way.....erm, trade that is

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  20:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Nash and Carter and even guys like Patty Kane available supposedly, seems like a lot of prices are too high . . . and it's building to a big crescendo, I feel it. Why else would no one have picked up a Nash by now, if not for an asking price that was WAY too high?

And even from some of my fellow Leafers, I get that you love Nash - he's solid, and a big strong presence with a 30 goal guarantee, sure - but to give up players like Grabovski . . . makes it no point. Seriously! And I know Burke would never do that deal either . . . I think in terms of overall value, Grabo and a very good prospect (Kadri would fit) is already at least on par, I'd say. I mean, Grabo is pretty close in the points department, can also take over a game at times, also has high level skill, and probably has better defence, while giving up a lot of size. It's really not that far off!

And I think GMs are in general not going to make the stupid deals demanded by Columbus here, not just the Leafers. The Rangers seem like they are out - heck, after that fan chant, why do it, lol . . . and as said previously, I really can't see SJ doing it either, why upset a class line-up.

I really only see LA and Toronto, with LA having the edge. But Columbus will have to lower the price, that much is clear . . . and who will blink first before the deadline? If LA and Toronto are still in the playoffs, could be Columbus (I realise LA is out right now).

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  20:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo
I really only see LA and Toronto, with LA having the edge. But Columbus will have to lower the price, that much is clear . . . and who will blink first before the deadline? If LA and Toronto are still in the playoffs, could be Columbus (I realise LA is out right now).

CBJ has to do no such thing - they don't have to trade Nash now, in the summer, or ever. They're under the cap, they can afford him, he's under contract with a NMC for a while now.

If CBJ doesn't get their asking price, they'll probably just hang on to him. Until they do.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  00:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. That's part of the reason Columbus has set the price so high, they really don't need to trade him. Yes, he could fetch some future prospects but he's always been the face of the franchise, he was paid partially because of this and they still have a pretty nice piece coming in the draft (if they actually improve on years past).

However, don't rule out SJ deciding to take a run at him still. They may have what you (Slozo) consider a "class line-up", but look at where they are in the standings! Hard to believe, but they're one small slide away from being outside the playoff picture! I still think they'll make it, but the Coyotes are putting up a serious fight for 1st place in their div and the 3 seed that comes with it!

LA is def still a possibility. I just can't fathom how poor they've been this year in the goal scoring department! If not for a banner year from Quick, they'd be fighting CBJ for the basement spot in the league!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  04:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

CBJ has to do no such thing - they don't have to trade Nash now, in the summer, or ever. They're under the cap, they can afford him, he's under contract with a NMC for a while now.

If CBJ doesn't get their asking price, they'll probably just hang on to him. Until they do.

Sorry, but the situation does not look like that. If that were the case - if Columbus truly didn't feel a need to have to trade Nash - they would not have made him being on the trading block so public. No way. There would have been denials, Nash would have said only that those rumours are not true, and he loves Columbus and wants to stay there . . . with no "but".

Everything tells me - the actions I have seen - that Nash has 100% initiated this trade demand, and that the management feel like they need to trade an unhappy star immediately if they are going to part eventually anyways, to get highest return possible, and before his stock lowers with unhappy play. Yes, publicly they will say all kinds of nice rosy things, sure . . . but they have to.

That is why I think he certainly WILL be traded (Nash), and that is why Columbus hasn't backed away an inch from any report saying how available he is. They have tried to make a huge bidding war for him, and set a high and hopeful price. No suckers yet, so the price is sure to drop . . . and it'll be who blinks first.

I mean, ask yourself - is Columbus management REALLY acting like they don't have to trade Nash? Not in the slightest! Which, when looking at the situation, tells you they must feel like they are under the gun to do so, and that begins and ends with Nash and his agent.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  05:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Carter,

How much more expensive did Jeff Carter get with his second hattrick of the year last night? (I know he has two, because I have him in my hockey pool . . . heh heh)

And here is the real question for me . . . how come Carter hasn't been picked up by anyone yet? He should be cheaper, he's having an off-year on a terrible team and has been having injury issues . . . all things point to a cheap pickup for a very skilled player, malcontent or no. And yet, he continues to play in Columbus . . .

It tells me the Columbus GM is a nutcase, and that he is asking for way too much. Price could get pretty low, once we arrive at trade deadline day . . . if I am Burke on the Leafs, or LA management, I'd be looking a lot more at Carter than Nash, myself.

Go to Top of Page

Guest5744
( )

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  06:07:31  Reply with Quote
nash to san jose
carter to toronto
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  07:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sorry, but the situation does not look like that. If that were the case - if Columbus truly didn't feel a need to have to trade Nash - they would not have made him being on the trading block so public. No way. There would have been denials, Nash would have said only that those rumours are not true, and he loves Columbus and wants to stay there . . . with no "but".

Everything tells me - the actions I have seen - that Nash has 100% initiated this trade demand, and that the management feel like they need to trade an unhappy star immediately if they are going to part eventually anyways, to get highest return possible, and before his stock lowers with unhappy play. Yes, publicly they will say all kinds of nice rosy things, sure . . . but they have to.

That is why I think he certainly WILL be traded (Nash), and that is why Columbus hasn't backed away an inch from any report saying how available he is. They have tried to make a huge bidding war for him, and set a high and hopeful price. No suckers yet, so the price is sure to drop . . . and it'll be who blinks first.

I mean, ask yourself - is Columbus management REALLY acting like they don't have to trade Nash? Not in the slightest! Which, when looking at the situation, tells you they must feel like they are under the gun to do so, and that begins and ends with Nash and his agent.

How many years did TOR make the Kaberle trade situation public before he was finally traded? For 2 years, all summer and Jan/Feb, we were innundated with rumours about Kaberle - and yet for 2 years he hung on before finally getting dealt. Because Burke didn't feel like he was getting good offers, and there was no contractual reason to trade him. Why would CBJ be in a different situation with Nash?

I don't think his value is going to decrease as time goes on - he's a known commodity - both pros and cons. Whether or not he is traded next week, in the summer, or even next trade deadline, he'll probably be capable of fetching the same amount. In fact, I would think he might get better value in the summer, given how hard it is for teams to wedge 7.8M of cap space into an active roster in the middle of the season.

Until Nash pulls a "Heatley", CBJ can take their time with him. And they should, in order to get the best value for him.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  08:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, i respectfully will continue to disagree . Now, this is going on stuff i've read online and heard on the radio so take it for what it's worth, but the consensus among "experts" or "those in the know" is that the Bluejackets are going about this (the Nash trade) in the right way as they "don't need to trade him at this time".

For ex....
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1074899-rick-nash-trade-rumors-blue-jackets-have-right-attitude-with-superstar-winger

As far as "who will blink first", i'm not sure who will, but if Howson lowers his asking price, i won't be surprised, because even for a guy who doesn't necesarily have to trade Nash, he's asking for far too much! I heard he spoke to Philly the other day and asked for Couturier, JVR, Hartnell AND Brayden Schenn? Heck, may as well ask for a couple picks too!

I don't see how it's Nash who looks to have initiated this trade? Have you seen anywhere where it's been reported he asked for a trade? All i've seen is stuff written that makes me believe the team approached him to see if it's something he was interested in including asking him which teams he'd waive his NTC for?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  08:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree with Slozo on this one. For no other reason than up until last week, every report that came out of CBJ in any way, shape, or form was that the management has zero interest in trading away Nash. Then, they turn on a dime and publically put him on the block?? That smells like player wanting out to me as well.

I see this a far different than the Kaberle situation as that story never changed. From the time Burke arrived on the scene in TO he always spoke highly of Kaberle but clearly said he would not let a player like that walk away as a UFA for nothing. At the same time, always stating he would get value for the player.

The situations are not one and the same (IMO) as the story on Nash changed, changed drastically, and changed quickly. The story on Kaberle was the same for those two years.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  09:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, if that is really the case, tell me why it is that we've not heard anything about Nash actually asking for a trade? Is he just doing it respectfully? I did read somewhere he made a comment about being concerned that Columbus got fair value in return for him but is he simply being diplomatic to his current and possibly soon to be former employer?

Until i hear Rick Nash admit he asked to be moved, i'll continue to believe that while he's okay with being moved (to teams of his choice), he'd be okay with staying in CBJ as well!

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  09:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
The situations are not one and the same (IMO) as the story on Nash changed, changed drastically, and changed quickly. The story on Kaberle was the same for those two years.

Sure, but it went on... for 2 years. I'm not saying that the player or relationship with management is the same, but its an example of a player being shopped publicly, but not actually being dealt for quite a while.

I'm not saying that Nash will go on for 2 years, but there is certainly no obligation for CBJ to pull the trigger on a deal this week either. I think the summer is a likely time for him to be dealt - if anything, it might bring teams like NYR and BOS back into the mix, when they have a little time to rethink their overall rosters and make a move.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5744
( )

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  09:56:34  Reply with Quote
i think he goes to san jose or LA before the deadline.
its gonna involve a roster player, a good prospect, and 2 first round picks
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  10:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly Alex, c'mon dude!! How many players in the history of the NHL have publically asked for a trade and not been completely vilified for it??? I can name you a list an arm's length long (most recently Dany Heatley) of all the players who's reputation was negatively impacted (significantly in most cases) when they publically asked for a trade. No way, even if Nash did ask for the trade, will he publically say it.

Nux, I hear you. I agree that a trade may not happen before the deadline and that more teams could be brought into the mix in the offseason. However, that doesn't say anything about Nash asking for or not asking for a trade, does it?? Or am I missing something??

Finally, I would love to hear direct feedback on what reasons could CBJ have had to completely flip/flop on trading Nash. They literally went from, "He is not being traded," to "We are listening to deal for Rick Nash." It's not like anything drastic changed in Columbus. They still suck. They still don't have a firm head coach. They still have the same GM, same owner, and same players. Why, if Nash did not ask for a deal, would CBJ publically flip their opinions so quickly???

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  10:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Nux, I hear you. I agree that a trade may not happen before the deadline and that more teams could be brought into the mix in the offseason. However, that doesn't say anything about Nash asking for or not asking for a trade, does it?? Or am I missing something??

Nope - I'm sure that Nash probably did initiate with CBJ management that he wanted to move, otherwise this discussion would not be taking place. However, for reasons that you mention about being publicly vilified, I don't think he has put a hard and fast timeline on it either - allowing CBJ to make a deal that makes sense for the club, rather than being Heatley'd. If that deal happens before the deadline so be it, but if not, CBJ will wait.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  11:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, we're not disagreeing are we? C'mon, the guest trolls won't stand for this! Get with the program!

Now, first off, i have no idea how many players have asked for a trade and not been villified for it, but i'd bet most do get looked down upon. What does this prove? That Nash is selfish and is worried about protecting his image? Maybe once Howson deals him and gets fleeced in the deal, he'll use this as his excuse, but until then, i don't buy it.

Secondly, IF Nash is the one wanting out, he's either very patient, or else management is very stubborn and is taking a chance that they may end up stuck with an unhappy captain. Why? Because of the craziness in their asking price. Maybe they're just hoping to fleece someone at the deadline and if they can't, they'll deal him in the summer, but the longer they wait (if Nash really asked out), the less they'll see in return as it will be common knowledge at some point that he wants out!

My guess is still that it was more mutual than anything. Either Nash approached them and said something like "hey, if you need to move me, i will waive my NTC for certain teams but i'm not asking for a trade...." OR, management approached him and said "look, would you be totally against a move? We appreciate all you've done here but we both could be better off with a change". If you were the GM of CBJ, what would you do? I'd personally try to get all i could for him and get rid of that contract. People make fun of Luongo's contract yet not many seem to have an issue with Nash's? Like i said in another post, i think Nash got that deal as part payment for "time served". To even think that another team would take it on AND give up some seriously quality assets has to have CBJ drooling, no?
Go to Top of Page

Guest2969
( )

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  13:16:46  Reply with Quote
Looks like the Blue Jackets have started to clean house..

The Phoenix Coyotes have acquired center Antoine Vermette from the Columbus Blue Jackets, in exchange for a pair of draft picks and goaltender Curtis McElhinney.

I hope vermette has better point production in Phoenix cause I got him in my pool
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page