Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Trade rumours, thoughts, opinions, etc Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  11:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I agree with Slozo. Burke would't trade away 3-4 players for Crosby. He would trade away the Leafs next 16-1st round draft picks. And he would make that trade for far less than Crosby!

Kidding aside, I agree with Slozo's point. Sometimes we can look at things and see something to have time change what that something is. I didn't see the value in Alex posting people's historic opinions either, but that's just me.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  07:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smyth to the Rangers is a scary rumour for the rest of the Eastern conference . . . that is already a very solid team, and his presence would make them even stronger. Yikes.

It is sorta what I think NYRangers need though . . . another solid net presence/physical banger and crasher. In the playoffs, we have seen Gaborik handled very easily before, and a guy like Smyth would certainly make them as complete a team as Boston IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4623
( )

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  08:49:12  Reply with Quote
Please rename this thread 'Leaf fan pipe trade pipe dreams' Please. Would clarify it's nature for the rest of us. Also Smyth isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. And since he requested a trade BACK to Edmonton (probably for the first time ever) , he doesn't want to be anywhere else. Fin.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  09:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4623

Please rename this thread 'Leaf fan pipe trade pipe dreams' Please. Would clarify it's nature for the rest of us. Also Smyth isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. And since he requested a trade BACK to Edmonton (probably for the first time ever) , he doesn't want to be anywhere else. Fin.

REALLY? Where do you get that from? There's more talk on here about the Canucks and Rangers than there is the Leafs?

AND, for your information, Ryan Smyth has publicly stated that he'd be willing to accept a trade to the NYR.

Go troll somewhere else
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  10:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to touch on that last part, it says on TSN today...

Oilers forward Ryan Smyth was surprised to hear his name in trade rumors coming out of New York on Friday. After confirming he had not been approached about a trade by Oilers management, he reiterated his desire to stay in Edmonton.

Then again, even if he did suggest he'd be willing to move to NY, the above was probably the proper thing to say regardless...so who knows!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  18:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 4623 - just because there is a beautiful maple leaf avatar (I designed the whole "tomatoes" thing myself, btw) beside my posts, does not necessarily make everything I write about the Leafs. Stay in school.

UPDATE ON JEFF CARTER:
Watching the HNIC broadcast, they broke what to me is a bit of a news item during all the rumours on Jeff Carter. According to them, Capgeek - known as the bible for these things - got it wrong with Carter having a no trade clause in his current contract (was supposed to kick in 2012/13 season for 9 years).

Supposedly, since he was dealt BEFORE this kicked in from the lyers, that part of the contract was nullified, thus - his contract is a lot less onerous.

Sure, the cap hit is 5.27 mil until he's well into his 30s . . . but his salary diminishes as he ages, and I'd think it's a contract that wouldn't be so hard to unload if a team needed to in 5 years say.

All this talk about him isn't doing Columbus any favours for his asking price, however.

Go to Top of Page

Guest1451
( )

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  18:58:52  Reply with Quote
How about Hemsky for Zidlicky straight up? Neither is going to make the other team a contender but it would get the Oilers a defenseman who can run the power play and the Wild can always use scoring.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4629
( )

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  19:37:03  Reply with Quote
That a Crap deal for the Oiler's Carter is concussion Pron and well be out again Soon after he takes another Big Hit...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  19:45:40  Reply with Quote
Kyle Turris for Steven Stamkos.

Turris is negotiating the deal, and believes this is a fair trade for Stamkos.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  14:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attn Pasty / Habs fans........Any rumblings out of Montreal about moves they might make? I've heard Moen's name thrown around with a few teams, Vancouver included, interested and i've heard Hal Gill come up in discussions, but i know A. Kostitsyn is also UFA after this season and could be on the way out as well? Would Nashville be interested in seeing if he and his brother could do better there than they did in Montreal? Sergei has really become a much better player since moving to Nashville, would the change of scenery and reuniting with his bro help AK47?

Trades i could see happening......

Derek Roy to Chicago for a prospect and/or pick(s). Is B. Morrison the answer to Chi's #2 line center?

Nabokov to Chicago for the same? Chicago can't be comfortable going into the post season with the way their goalies have been playing. Tampa may be able to outbid them for Nabokov though? I also wonder if Detroit would consider him. They've got a ton of cap space which really doesn't matter since he comes so cheap and would prob like to have a better backup to Howard than Conklin?

Heard that TO is interested in Penner? Would they be better off with Boyes (Buf) if the Sabres are interested in selling?

B. Allen (Car) to Vancouver. The Canucks seem to want to shore up their depth on D and he's familiar with the team/organization having played here before. Not sure what it'd take, but maybe a package deal involving picks going both ways and possibly Raymond involved? C. Campoli would be another i could see them going after and they have a good trading history with Montreal.

R. Smyth to the Rangers. Highly rumoured, quite likely to happen imo.

Any thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  08:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not want Penner as a Leafs fan, FYI.

Interesting thought here: Oli Jokinen
The Flames arestill in the race for a playoff spot, but any small losing streak could quickly end that dream. The next week or two is crucial.

If the Flames start to fade away . . . do they think about trading away what is now a very fine asset in Jokinen? He has resurrected his career this year, and is playing well - well enough to garner what could be nice building blocks for a rebuild in Calgary, especially if dealt to a contender.

And, I believe he has only one more year left on his current contract?

Anyways - just a name that hasn't been mentioned, but could be soon.

Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  09:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read this in The Hockey News I don't think it will happen but it actually makes a lot of sense to me.
"And while Suter has taken every opportunity to tell whoever will listen he loves Nashville and wants to stay there long term, has anyone heard the same sentiments from Weber? No. And there's good reason for that. He was hugely insulted last summer when the Predators took him to arbitration and low-balled him with a submission calling for a salary of $4.75 million. Some in the industry believe Weber decided then he would never sign long term in Nashville"
The article then goes on to list this trade proposal
To Detroit
Shea Weber

To Nashville
Niklas Kronwall
Valtteri Filppula
1st round pick

Nashville would be getting a very capable very physical shutdown defenseman who is able to play top minutes and one of the leagues most underrated forwards. The fact that Nashville traded Weber for current assets not picks and prospects could convince Suter that the Preds are dedicated to winning and he would be more likely to sign an extension.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  09:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, if i were a Leaf fan, i'd have little to no interest in Penner as well! As far as Jokinen, if they were to be sellers at any point, i really think they have to go big! I know Iggy claims he wants to stay, but he keeps saying "i think we're a playoff team". If they fall out, i wonder if he'd accept a trade? Secondly, Kipper! Another guy who i'd be selling if i were Calgary! Imagine what Tampa or Detroit would give up for a guy like him???

Sensfan.....Interesting thoughts, but i honestly don't think that would be enough. I think there'd be better offers out there for Weber. It's not a ridiculous lowball offer, but i still think they could do a bit better.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  05:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Slozo, if i were a Leaf fan, i'd have little to no interest in Penner as well! As far as Jokinen, if they were to be sellers at any point, i really think they have to go big! I know Iggy claims he wants to stay, but he keeps saying "i think we're a playoff team". If they fall out, i wonder if he'd accept a trade? Secondly, Kipper! Another guy who i'd be selling if i were Calgary! Imagine what Tampa or Detroit would give up for a guy like him???

Sensfan.....Interesting thoughts, but i honestly don't think that would be enough. I think there'd be better offers out there for Weber. It's not a ridiculous lowball offer, but i still think they could do a bit better.

If I were the Leafs GM, I tell you who I'd get from the Flames if he were available:
Kiprusoff

Great vet goalie, and he's around for one, maybe two more years while your young goalies are more protected with less pressure. And Calgary gets back one goalie prospect (say, Gustavsson or Rynnas - I think the Leafs keep Scrivens) and a Komisarek, and both teams get good return.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  08:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure of his contract status Slozo, but would Kipper wanna go to Toronto? Again, don't know if he has any sort of NTC but i'd think he'd wanna go to a serious contender (btw, that's not a shot at the Leafs) with such little time left in his career?

Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  08:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kipper has a NMC that no movment clause until the end of this year then has two more years on his contract then becomes a UFA his cap hit is at 5,833,333 per year. interesting thought slozo (these stats on his contract come from capgeek.com)
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  09:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo
If I were the Leafs GM, I tell you who I'd get from the Flames if he were available:
Kiprusoff

Great vet goalie, and he's around for one, maybe two more years while your young goalies are more protected with less pressure. And Calgary gets back one goalie prospect (say, Gustavsson or Rynnas - I think the Leafs keep Scrivens) and a Komisarek, and both teams get good return.

Haha. While I see plenty of good return for TOR, I see precious little return for CGY in this deal. Lemme see if I have this one straight:

To TOR: one of the top 5 goaltenders in the NHL over the last 5 seasons (including this year), and pretty much the main reason that CGY is currently even sniffing for a playoff spot.

To CGY: a goalie that has been hot lately but otherwise rode the pine for much of last year and this year, or an untested unknown prospect that is pretty far down the depth chart, and an underachieving defenseman with a bloated contract that TOR has been trying to trade for months now, to anyone, for anything in return.

Do I have that about right?

I think if CGY were to put Kipper on the market right now, the return they'd get would be significantly higher than that.

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/13/2012 09:16:19
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  20:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

I read this in The Hockey News I don't think it will happen but it actually makes a lot of sense to me.
"And while Suter has taken every opportunity to tell whoever will listen he loves Nashville and wants to stay there long term, has anyone heard the same sentiments from Weber? No. And there's good reason for that. He was hugely insulted last summer when the Predators took him to arbitration and low-balled him with a submission calling for a salary of $4.75 million. Some in the industry believe Weber decided then he would never sign long term in Nashville"
The article then goes on to list this trade proposal
To Detroit
Shea Weber

To Nashville
Niklas Kronwall
Valtteri Filppula
1st round pick

Nashville would be getting a very capable very physical shutdown defenseman who is able to play top minutes and one of the leagues most underrated forwards. The fact that Nashville traded Weber for current assets not picks and prospects could convince Suter that the Preds are dedicated to winning and he would be more likely to sign an extension.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Thats a rip off, Detroit wouldn't touch that
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  20:36:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really Sahis? They've got the room to easily fit him in on a long term deal. What do they lose? A good 3/4 defensive dman, a second line forward and a pick that will be around 26-30 overall? All for a guy who many consider the best dman in the game, in his prime and possibly looking for a winning environment (see *motivation to be even better)!

I don't think Detroit would hesitate to make that deal!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  06:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Kiprusoff

Haha. While I see plenty of good return for TOR, I see precious little return for CGY in this deal. Lemme see if I have this one straight:

To TOR: one of the top 5 goaltenders in the NHL over the last 5 seasons (including this year), and pretty much the main reason that CGY is currently even sniffing for a playoff spot.

To CGY: a goalie that has been hot lately but otherwise rode the pine for much of last year and this year, or an untested unknown prospect that is pretty far down the depth chart, and an underachieving defenseman with a bloated contract that TOR has been trying to trade for months now, to anyone, for anything in return.

Do I have that about right?

I think if CGY were to put Kipper on the market right now, the return they'd get would be significantly higher than that.

No, I don't think you have that right . . . and I think you slightly overvalue an older goalie with might be very little left in the tank, (despite the fact that he is still a very, very solid goalie) especially at the trade deadline.

At any rate, not worth quibbling about, since it ain't gonna happen.

I have a feeling that Calgary will hold onto Kipper, and I am almost certain that Toronto only moves a young goalie in the offseason.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  06:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to add,

Supposedly the french version of TSN reported that Nash is not only available, he is being "shopped" by the Columbus GM. They might be asking the world for him . . . wonder what kind of return they would get?

Wouldn't it be oh-so-ironic if Nash were traded and Carter stayed in Columbus?

That would be awesome, lol.

Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  08:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read on TSN that Rick Nash might indeed be available, interesting. He has 3 more seasons left on his current deal at a $7.8 million cap hit. Who might be interested?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  09:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Just read on TSN that Rick Nash might indeed be available, interesting. He has 3 more seasons left on his current deal at a $7.8 million cap hit. Who might be interested?

Because of his NMC, its more about who is Nash interested in rather than who is interested in Nash. As TSN said, he's in the drivers seat here, no doubt.

What will it take to get him? I don't think a basket of picks will do it, CBJ will be looking for roster players in return. For teams that he might be willing to move to, that could be highly disruptive, esp for this season.

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/14/2012 09:26:01
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  09:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
No, I don't think you have that right . . . and I think you slightly overvalue an older goalie with might be very little left in the tank, (despite the fact that he is still a very, very solid goalie) especially at the trade deadline.

You're kidding right? You don't think that a team like TB would give up a better package to get a goalie like Kipper? Or NJD? Or CHI? Perhaps even FLA for insurance. A goalie like Kipper is an instant and signficant upgrade in goal for all those teams (that need it), and is the type of deal that makes any of those teams legitimate contenders.

I don't think I'm overvaluing what Kipper would mean to any of those teams, for this playoff year alone. And I'm pretty sure that a package would contain more than a pure goaltending prospect and a overpaid defenseman.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  09:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Nash was available, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers were interested. They are looking for a goal scorer, and Nash obviously fits that bill. They have the cap space right now to add the equivalent of a $6 million dollar salary, and no doubt any move involving Nash would also have to include a roster player as nuxfan said. The problem might be the $7.8 cap hit moving forward with a number of young Rangers in line for significant raises in the coming seasons.

What would it take to get Nash, obviously I have no idea. From a Rangers perspective, If they want current NHL talent in return, then I could see them asking for someone like Brandon Dubinsky. Tim Erixon is a great defensive prospect who I could see the Rangers letting go since they are already fairly deep when it comes to young defencemen. If the cap was a problem, then perhaps they could include Wojtek Wolski in the package as a salary dump. He's in the final season of a $3.8 million/year deal & is the Rangers 13th forward.

Among others, I could see both Toronto & Philly being interested. Any deal with the Flyers likely including JVR.

Edited by - ryan93 on 02/14/2012 09:46:55
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  12:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If Nash was available, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers were interested. They are looking for a goal scorer, and Nash obviously fits that bill. They have the cap space right now to add the equivalent of a $6 million dollar salary, and no doubt any move involving Nash would also have to include a roster player as nuxfan said. The problem might be the $7.8 cap hit moving forward with a number of young Rangers in line for significant raises in the coming seasons.

What would it take to get Nash, obviously I have no idea. From a Rangers perspective, If they want current NHL talent in return, then I could see them asking for someone like Brandon Dubinsky. Tim Erixon is a great defensive prospect who I could see the Rangers letting go since they are already fairly deep when it comes to young defencemen. If the cap was a problem, then perhaps they could include Wojtek Wolski in the package as a salary dump. He's in the final season of a $3.8 million/year deal & is the Rangers 13th forward.

Among others, I could see both Toronto & Philly being interested. Any deal with the Flyers likely including JVR.

According to our local news, NYR was interested, and Nash was reportedly highly interested in them as well, so you have to think they're the front runners. I would have to think that CBJ would ask for a package in return that centered on Dubinsky or Callahan, perhaps another roster player, and some prospect/pick combo. Are the Rangers ready to lose one of Dubinsky or Callahan?

Good point about the longer term as well - I see next year they have to resign Del Zotto, and in 2 years time Anisimov, Stepan, Hagelin, and MacDonagh. Eeks.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  12:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

According to our local news, NYR was interested, and Nash was reportedly highly interested in them as well, so you have to think they're the front runners. I would have to think that CBJ would ask for a package in return that centered on Dubinsky or Callahan, perhaps another roster player, and some prospect/pick combo. Are the Rangers ready to lose one of Dubinsky or Callahan?

Good point about the longer term as well - I see next year they have to resign Del Zotto, and in 2 years time Anisimov, Stepan, Hagelin, and MacDonagh. Eeks.

I just read an article in the NY Post too that said the Rangers have already spoken to the Blue Jackets about Nash. As for your question as to whether the Rangers would be willing to part with one of Brandon Dubinsky or Ryan Callahan. There is no way Callahan is going anywhere. He's the heart & soul of the team, and is as untouchable a player as there is on the roster. Dubinsky, on the other hand, I think could come into play if it's to acquire a player of Rick Nash's calibre, or a Bobby Ryan type. I'd have to assume the Jackets would also have interest one of Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto, but I don't see any of the 3 moving.

Edited by - ryan93 on 02/14/2012 13:00:28
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  12:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also have to point out I said Rick Nash had 3 more years left on his contract at a $7.8 million cap hit...it's actually 6 more seasons.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5744
( )

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  13:25:13  Reply with Quote
new york:
rick nash

columbus:
dubinsky
erixon (or kreider)
stepan
1st round pick
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  14:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's too steep of a price with Derek Stepan included in the mix as well.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  14:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's too steep of a price with Derek Stepan included in the mix as well.

This is the crux of acquiring someone like Nash - the price is going to be steep, you have to give up something to get something. CBJ is not in a salary dump situation, or in a situation where Nash will be UFA next year and they may lose him for nothing. They'll want quality players in return.

Which goes to my original question - how much would the Rangers realistically be willing to give up for Nash? Because I can't see them keeping all their current key players AND getting Nash.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  15:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honnestly Slozo, to get Kipper would need way more then Komisarek and an unproven goalie.

Komisarek is way overpaid, one of the worst contract in the nhl. He's getting paid 4,5 millions and is the 7th defenseman of the Leafs. It would be a favor to get rid of him. I dont think the Leafs could get a 7th rounder for him, I dont even think that anyteam would claim him off waivers. If he would be to be traded he would have to go with a prospect or a 2nd round pick for nothing just so the other team would take him.

To get Kipper the Leafs would have to give either Franson, Schenn, Gunnarson, Aulie or Gardiner, a young defense with more potential then Komisarek.

A depth player like Bozak, Connolly, Lombardi, MacArthur, Kulemin or Armstrong would also make more sence then Komisarek.

So I say Rynnas, Franson and MacArthur for Kipper and a 2nd rounder (it wont happen, just sayin that's probably what the Flames would be asking. a young player, a proven player and a prospect.)
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  16:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the whole point is, would TO really want him that bad? What does a team who's fighting for the playoffs and is still rebuilding want with a goalie who's only got a couple years left (likely)?

The price most def would be higher if Kipper is put on the market as teams like Chi, maybe even Det and SJ, etc would likely offer more for him.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  16:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just don't see the Rangers willing to give up as much as Guest suggested. Including both Brandon Dubinsky & Derek Stepan in the deal would be huge. Add in either their #1 forward prospect (Chris Kreider) or #1 defense prospect (Tim Erixon) & a 1st rounder, that's a lot. Drop Stepan & add in someone like Hagelin. Maybe.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5744
( )

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  06:05:13  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just don't see the Rangers willing to give up as much as Guest suggested. Including both Brandon Dubinsky & Derek Stepan in the deal would be huge. Add in either their #1 forward prospect (Chris Kreider) or #1 defense prospect (Tim Erixon) & a 1st rounder, that's a lot. Drop Stepan & add in someone like Hagelin. Maybe.

i'm just remembering what san jose gave up for brent burns this summer and he, although a great defensemen would not be held in the same regard as rick nash. its a steep price and i think the rangers will stick with the young talent they have drafted. with that being said they have to sign a lot of these guys to contracts in the next couple years and it might be better to trade off a select few rather than let them walk for more money and virtually nothing in return

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  11:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it's official: Rick Nash is available. Supposedly, he has given the GM a very short list of teams he'd be willing to ok a trade to (he has a no-trade clause).

And we already know Jeff Carter is all but gone from Columbus town, just waiting to hear the word on where he's going.

I seriously think that Toronto MUST now be in serious contention for at least one of these guys, no? They have d-men to give up (Komisarek, Aulie, maybe a more high end guy like Gunnarsson or Schenn), goalie propsects to give up (pick any goalie currently on the roster in the Marlies), and at least one centre (Connolly, Lombardi) to deal - could be many combinations. Problem is, does Nash want this kind of pressure, on a team that is still not a strong contender (although he goes a long way in helping that, clearly).

My other guess is Philly (for Nash), but . . . do they really make another huge deal, after a summer of huge deals? I doubt it.

I doubt the NYR do anything to disrupt their roster to get a Nash, and I think Columbus would want at least one roster player of worth.

Maybe Nash stays . . . and goes in the summertime. That is my guess.

Carter, on the other hand, could literally go to almost any team . . . take your pick. But again, is there a team in the playoffs right now more in need of a top line calibr centre than Toronto? I think not! And Burke is always willing to deal.

I say that . . . there's a 50% chance that the Leafs get one of these players. I really think it's that high.

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  11:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I seriously think that Toronto MUST now be in serious contention for at least one of these guys, no? They have d-men to give up (Komisarek, Aulie, maybe a more high end guy like Gunnarsson or Schenn), goalie propsects to give up (pick any goalie currently on the roster in the Marlies), and at least one centre (Connolly, Lombardi) to deal - could be many combinations. Problem is, does Nash want this kind of pressure, on a team that is still not a strong contender (although he goes a long way in helping that, clearly).

CBJ better hurry and act - isn't that the same deal that CGY is lining up for in exchange for Kipper?

I'd be surprised if TOR made Nash's apparently very short list of possible destinations. It really doesn't matter what deal TOR is willing to give if Nash will not waive his NMC. However, TOR is one of the few teams that could afford him without too much disruption to their current roster.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  13:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Nash, it's really gonna depend on Rich Nash "the person". It's entirely possible that he'd have Toronto on the list of teams he'd be willing to move to. They're in a rebuild, but making progress AND he was born and raised in Ontario, not far from Toronto, not to mention, the fact he played for London in junior as well!

The radio waves here are pumping out Nash to Vancouver stuff right now. No, it's not a rumoured deal or anything, they're really just asking peoples opinions and wondering what people feel it would take to land him here. The rumours keep flying that Columbus doesn't just want picks and prospects though and will in fact be looking for roster players and/or a mix of both roster players and picks / prospects. Kesler and Edler's names have both been tossed around in possible scenario's to land Nash here, but i don't think it will happen. If the Canucks did get him, i think it'd almost have to include Kesler as they'd have to balance out the contract their bringing in (Nash). Speaking of Nash's contract, THAT is where i have a prob with the Canucks going after him, if in fact they are actually considering it, which at this point is an unknown. He is still owed SIX more years after this one at a cap hit of 7.8 million dollars!!! Read that again! 7.8!!! Now, i'm not a Nash hater by any means, and i think he'd thrive with some better players around him in a better environment, but 7.8 million per year is too much. In fact, i think the Blue Jackets rewarded him with that high contract as part payment of "time served" sotospeak!

Simply too rich for my liking!

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/15/2012 13:41:21
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  13:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

With Nash, it's really gonna depend on Rich Nash "the person". It's entirely possible that he'd have Toronto on the list of teams he'd be willing to move to. They're in a rebuild, but making progress AND he was born and raised in Ontario, not far from Toronto, not to mention, the fact he played for London in junior as well!

The radio waves here are pumping out Nash to Vancouver stuff right now. No, it's not a rumoured deal or anything, they're really just asking peoples opinions and wondering what people feel it would take to land him here. The rumours keep flying that Columbus doesn't just want picks and prospects though and will in fact be looking for roster players and/or a mix of both roster players and picks / prospects. Kesler and Edler's names have both been tossed around in possible scenario's to land Nash here, but i don't think it will happen. If the Canucks did get him, i think it'd almost have to include Kesler as they'd have to balance out the contract their bringing in (Nash). Speaking of Nash's contract, THAT is where i have a prob with the Canucks going after him, if in fact they are actually considering it, which at this point is an unknown. He is still owed SIX more years after this one at a cap hit of 7.8 million dollars!!! Read that again! 7.8!!! Now, i'm not a Nash hater by any means, and i think he'd thrive with some better players around him in a better environment, but 7.8 million per year is too much. In fact, i think the Blue Jackets rewarded him with that high contract as part payment of "time served" sotospeak!

Simply too rich for my liking!

I'm sure that every city has a "what would it take to get Nash here" scenario going - good for the media.

I too do not want to see VAN go after Nash - mainly because I just don't see a package that doesn't include Kesler or Edler, and Schneider going the other way. Too rich IMO and too disruptive to an otherwise very good team. Kesler+Edler is worth more than Nash any day of the week.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  14:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what about nash to the caps for semin + ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page