Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Toronto or Boston Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  13:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win and in how many games?

Discuss and debate

Choices:

Boston in 4
Boston in 5
Boston in 6
Boston in 7
Maple Leafs in 4
Maple Leafs in 5
Maple Leafs in 6
Maple Leafs in 7

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  13:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boston has always been the Leafs worst team to play against. They are big, strong, well coached, good defense, good goalie and four lines that does their job well. Although Boston are strugling of late and their confidence seems shaken.

Toronto are primed for playoffs, are young and full of energy. Reimer has been the teams MVP and a goalie is really important during playoffs. Secondary scoring will be important if they want to beat the Big Bad Bruins.

Puck possession, their cycling game (offense and to protect against one) and total of shots against per game will kill the Leafs.

I say the Leafs comes out of the gate and win the first game. then a monster is awaken and the Bruins wins the next four.

So Boston in 5
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  13:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this last month Boston hasn't been the Boston we've been expecting them to be. i think i heard a stat today saying that they only have 2 wins since April 10th? clearly they are entering the playoffs on a slump. but having said that, it's still the Bruins and they are still a very dangerous team.

and the Leafs, in the last 2 - 3 weeks, haven't been playing the same type of hockey they we got used to seeing from them this season. on the upside, we've shown Boston this year that we're no longer going to roll over and play dead. all games have been close. BUT if we play like we have in the past 2 - 3 weeks, then this series will be over just as fast as it started.

if the Leafs can find their legs again, and go back to playing that up tempo hard forechecking type game, i give them a chance at an upset in either 6 or 7 games. all being decided by 1 goal (not including empty netters).
if they continue their recent play, then it'll be Boston in 4 or 5.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2408
( )

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  14:22:50  Reply with Quote
Boston has been real bad the last two weeks but I wonder if it has more to do with all the upheivel in their routine due to the marathon bombings. I know not only two of their games were rescheduled but alot of their practices were postponed or rescheduled at other venues. Just saying non of that coud be considered helpful.

I picked the Bruins in six games. I dont think its going to be easy but their depth will prevail. I think the first lines for both teams are very good, might even give Toronto a slight edge.

Boston second line is deffinately better on paper. If you dont thinks so just go back and watch highlites from their cup run in 2011.

The third lines should give Boston an edge espeacially if this is the line Jagr is playing on.Peverlly and Sodenbergh are probably on this line too.

Which leaves the absolute best fourth line in hockey. The line of Thornton, Paille and Campbell are terriffic.

The wild card as always is goaltending and Reimer is unproven in the playoffs but had a terrific season this year. Rask had a great series against Buffalo, but a terrible series against Philly in 2010.

I guess I just like Bostons depth so thats why im picking them, and also they won the season series, but iwouldn't put down any large bets on it.

Let the fun begin.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  14:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as Boston comes in slumping, Nazem Kadri could be the key here. He's in a slump of his own having only scored 1 goal in his past 12 dating back to the start of the month. He's also ony got 5 points in those 12 games. The Leafs put him on a line with Lupul and Kessel the other night and they all got some points, though that was against the worst team statistically in the league in Florida. I think they need to get some balanced / secondary scoring and need him, JVR, Kessel and Lupul to be split up over 2 lines so that Chara et al cannot focus on shutting down 1 line!

I give the Leafs a chance here, but i'm gonna say Boston prevails.......Bruins in 7
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  15:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am not expecting much her i said bruins in 5 i think the leafs would be luck to take it to 7. as a side note anyone else think that the bruins threw that game against ottawa. lol jk of course
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  05:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs are the huge underdog of course . . . and on paper, the Bruins are a bit deeper everywhere, and maybe even in goal.

Playoffs is different though.

I think the Leafs could make this Bruins team look old and slow at times . . . and I think it'll be tight games decided by a goal for most. The Bruins will grind out 2 wins, but their scoring will continue to be dry I predict, and I'll take the Leafs in a massive upset in 6.

Hey, gotta cheer for my Buds.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest2629
( )

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  04:12:41  Reply with Quote
Looks like Boston is up to the task as that was a total team effort last night. The Krejci, Lucic and Horton line was dominate just like it was two years ago. Only one game but a good start for the B's.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  05:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
last night's game was a prime example of how i feared this series would go. BUT, playoff series are not won after only 1 game. we need to bounce back in a big way. looking forward to saturday night!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  11:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto has played its worst hockey of the season coming down the stretch.....they were absolutely horrible in the last 7 - 8 games of the regular season.

This certainly showed in game 1 of the playoffs.

If the leafs want to win, ( key word...WANT...) they better start playing like it or this series is over.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6896
( )

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  03:03:12  Reply with Quote
Lol at slozo. Boston may be deeper in goal? seriously? Lets put this debate off until after game 4 and see if there is still a series.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2301
( )

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  04:19:11  Reply with Quote
leafs are done PERIOD
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  10:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't stand the Bruins, but this is pretty funny!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/947111_564777793554026_776243358_n.jpg
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  08:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOOT WOOT. Good game by the buds last night hpe carlyle keeps the trend of changing the line up that looked like it not only wore down the bruins but kept them guessing as well.
if the buds can play like that the rest of this series they have it won ....... man that one game has changed my view on who could win this thing. i thought bruins in 5 before (could still happen)
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  12:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carlyle did the right thing, least he has guts.

If some of these lazy a$$ players aren`t willing to give it all during the playoffs......sit them on their rears.

Way to go leafs, great game......
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  15:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6896

Lol at slozo. Boston may be deeper in goal? seriously? Lets put this debate off until after game 4 and see if there is still a series.

Yes, seriously - I said, AND they MAY even be deeper in goal. That would be if you rate Rask a bit higher than Reimer on playoff experience . . . the back-ups are a wash.

Looks like there will definitely be a game 5, buddy.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9219
( )

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  18:29:59  Reply with Quote
Id tell anybody forget watching Boston/Toronto to watch Ottawa/Montreal. Thats a real playoff series. And im a Boston fan.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  23:51:24  Reply with Quote
The series are on on different nights, so you can watch both

hello
Go to Top of Page

Guest2401
( )

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  20:01:33  Reply with Quote
I know Dion is trying hard and is giving it all but he has to use some good judgement on his pinches. If and if is a big word he had made that play I realize we would all be calling him a hero, but that was the 3rd bad pinch tonite and by far the nmosy costly. I wish the D and particularly dion would concentrate on defence first, particularly in overtime.

That was a winnable game and we should have won. Now as much as I can hope for the miracle come back I think its over. Beating Boston three times in a row will be a very difficult.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  20:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dion has been at it all year....this is nothing new, its just magnified more now with the playoffs having more viewers of course.

Its too bad that the leafs haven`t got a real 6.5 million dollar defenseman back there and a true number 1 center to win important face-offs.....maybe then they would be leading the series instead of being behind. Bozak is being totally, totally dominated in the face off circle at important points in the game. Nothing againist Bozak, he is trying his best but he is simply just way in over his head.

I am very proud though of the leafs over-all team effort in these last 3 games, with any luck at all its a 2 - 2 games, tied series.

Oh well, maybe this summer they can pick up the 2 or 3 peices they need to compete at a higher level........at least they made the play-offs, a step in the right direction.

Is it just me, am i being leaf bias.....or does any1 else think that all 3 of those ( 1st three ) leaf penalities were very, very borderline calls ?? 2 of 3 of those calls led to boston goals and of course determined the outcome of the game.

Phaneuf recieved a tripping call on a soft body check.....Komarov got charging on a bump to a boston player and Orr elbowed Charas shoulder pad....seemed like awful soft calls to me in a playoff game......anyway, it happened.

Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  05:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke, the penalties are what they are. no point in trying to blame the refs on this one. our PK this year has been pretty solid, but last night for some reason it went into the tank. as did our PP. we had almost a full minute of 5-on-3 to close the 2nd period and the result was zilch! we have to capitalize on those chances, especially against a defensive giant like Boston.

Phaneuff made a huge gaff in OT that much is clear. but for me what made it worse was that he also slowed up Kessel in the process of hitting Horton. when Dion pinched, Kessel's momentum was going towards the blue line. had he not been bumped on that play, he could have made it a 2-on-2 rather then a 2-on-1.

this series reminds of those playoff matches again NJ back in 2000 & 2001. no matter how hard the Leafs battle, they just can't seem to win.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  06:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HORRIBLE PINCH!!!! hopefully he loses the "C" becuase of this!!!!! He is not a good captain!. give it to Lupul or JVR. or whoever they sign in the off season! As captain he should have read the play better.

Edited by - mandree888 on 05/09/2013 12:27:25
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  10:24:44  Reply with Quote
Not only should Phaneuff lose the "C", he should consider retiring. He is noticeable slower than anyone out there and does not instill any confidence when handling the puck.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  10:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6840

Not only should Phaneuff lose the "C", he should consider retiring. He is noticeable slower than anyone out there and does not instill any confidence when handling the puck.

Phaneuf is what he is, a defensman with average to poor defensive skills, hits hard and shoots like a cannon. Toronto knew that when they brought him onboard. I don't think his speed is so poor he should consider retiring. He is clearly still a skilled player and his experience and confidence in the lockeroom is likely why he received the C. He's like a younger Chelios, but not quite as good overall. I think Toronto needs to pair him with a more skilled defensive partner and limit his ice time to offensive zone plays when possible. He is like Horcoff in Edmonton with his skill set not near his contract value for the average fan, who only compare his contract to stats of other players and magnify all his short comings, but his worth to the team extends beyond his on ice abilities. I dont think Toronto is out of it yet.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  15:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I am about to do this!

Sorry to Slozo and Leafs81 and the other really awesome Leaf fans out there that shouldn't get lumped together with all the meatball Leaf fans. But are you effin kidding me??? Dion Phaneuf has a very solid year as did the Leafs. He was in the top 10 in defensive scoring; played 25 minutes a game against the oppositions best players, and was the captain during the Leafs best season in over a decade.

How you can talk crap about him losing his C or retiring or anything else is an embarrassment to all the awesome Leaf fans out there that deserve better. He is a very aggressive hitter and he has been known through his entire career to make that play. This time he missed. It's going to happen and the timing of the play was bad.

However, the Leafs had a 2-0 lead after the 1st period they let slip away. The winning goal itself was a weak goal that Riemer could have and should have had. You can pin all you want on Phaneuf, but you are dead wrong in my opinion. The entire team let a 2-0 lead slip away and allowed Boston to win that game.

Phaneuf may be part of that problem but he should not shoulder all of the blame.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  20:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, us meatball leaf fans have been watching Dion do this...ALL SEASON LONG !!!...this is nothing new, this is a repetitive action from Dion...EVERY GAME !!!

do you think we are hockey stupid enough to jump all over Dion for making a single mistake .....any1 can make a mistake, even the great Bobby Orr made mistakes.....mistakes are human

BUT...when you see the same guy ( your captain, your so-called leader ) make these bonehead, stupid, stupid, pinches and give-aways ....game in and game out....it just makes you blow your stack,

i don`t blame one leaf fan for coming down hard on Phaneuf after watching his play all season.

Beans , if you think that leaf fans are jumping all over Dion Phaneuf for making just this one mistake......than you sir don`t watch hockey and YOU are the meatball.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  05:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke, the play of Dion Phaneuf hasn't changed since he was in juniors. This is how the guys plays. You can't applaud him when he does great and rocks the guy inside the blue line then criticize him for the play when he misses.

Phaneuf was a key factor in the Leafs making the playoffs this season. Now, he makes a poor play in the playoffs and everyone wants his head. Where are the critics of Reimer? That was a very stoppable shot that he let slip through his body? Where are the negative comments about him?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  05:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I can't believe I am about to do this!

Sorry to Slozo and Leafs81 and the other really awesome Leaf fans out there that shouldn't get lumped together with all the meatball Leaf fans. But are you effin kidding me??? Dion Phaneuf has a very solid year as did the Leafs. He was in the top 10 in defensive scoring; played 25 minutes a game against the oppositions best players, and was the captain during the Leafs best season in over a decade.

How you can talk crap about him losing his C or retiring or anything else is an embarrassment to all the awesome Leaf fans out there that deserve better. He is a very aggressive hitter and he has been known through his entire career to make that play. This time he missed. It's going to happen and the timing of the play was bad.

However, the Leafs had a 2-0 lead after the 1st period they let slip away. The winning goal itself was a weak goal that Riemer could have and should have had. You can pin all you want on Phaneuf, but you are dead wrong in my opinion. The entire team let a 2-0 lead slip away and allowed Boston to win that game.

Phaneuf may be part of that problem but he should not shoulder all of the blame.

100% agreed. Moreover, with the true hockey players and coaches I have spoken to, they all said the same thing - on this play, as a defensive responsibility, it's up to the centreman to cover the man when your defenceman is pinching as Dion did here. This assignment was missed on that play.

Main point is, Reimer is certainly to blame on this goal, which at that angle, should be saved.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  07:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You either like him or you hate him. This is the reason Calgary moved him in his prime. He has so many good elements to his game that you just have to wonder why he constantly makes these mistakes. Some coach along his career as got to sit him down and show him all the tapes of bad plays he has made over his career while trying to pinch or complete a highlight reel hit. Dion will never be considered great until he adjusts his game and becomes more responsible. That being said there is just as likely other coaches who would want him, that have looked at all the highlight reel hits and scoring opportunities he has generated with the same reckless playing. Like it or hate it Dion has created a few game changing plays, for the good of his team or bad.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  08:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

You either like him or you hate him. This is the reason Calgary moved him in his prime. He has so many good elements to his game that you just have to wonder why he constantly makes these mistakes. Some coach along his career as got to sit him down and show him all the tapes of bad plays he has made over his career while trying to pinch or complete a highlight reel hit. Dion will never be considered great until he adjusts his game and becomes more responsible. That being said there is just as likely other coaches who would want him, that have looked at all the highlight reel hits and scoring opportunities he has generated with the same reckless playing. Like it or hate it Dion has created a few game changing plays, for the good of his team or bad.

I don't agree that is why Calgary moved him. I think Calgary moved him when they had Bouwmeester and Phaneuf playing a similar role and Giordano was emerging as a solid puck moving defensemen. Phaneuf was not the odd man out but he likely had the most trade value. At the time, Calgary was short of offensive spark and, although hindsight is 20/20, the move was intended to use a redundant asset to improve a deficiency.

As far as Phaneuf goes, I have always thought was an over-rated defensemen but I think he has grown in spades in Toronto in becoming a better defensive player. He is still not a stalwart that other great defensive defensemen, but he is far less of a liability today than he was in the past.

Bottom line is Phaneuf is still Phaneuf and he will still get stung every now and again when he makes an ill-advised pinch. The timing of this one was poor, but as Slozo said where was the centre support and how does Reimer not stop that puck. The player that was back on the two on one played it perfectly and took away the pass while forcing the shooter into a bad angle.

Riemer has to stop that shot.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  08:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could go back to the posts made by you, I and others prior to and shortly after the trade to Toronto. We all speculated he got traded due to his aggresive poor attitude in the locker room and because he was a liability on the blueline with poor defensive plays and his misses when pinching. We all wondered, why with his so so start in Toronto and his liabilities, why Toronto would choose him as Captain. Apparently what was not liked about him in Calgary, aggresive attitude and highlight reel hits while pinching, was admired in Toronto. Toronto is just now catching up to the fact Phanuef has liabilities. 1st year of the playoffs with Phanuef in the lineup?

At one point his defensive game was considered premier by Sutter and others, then it became a liability when Regher was taken off his pairing and later traded. Regher was the defensively responsible player on his pairing. When paired with another defenseman who didn't have the same instincts as Regher to cover Phanuef when pinching it became obvious Phanuefs shortcomings. Again not saying Phanuef has no value or no defensive instincts, but the team has to adjust to cover him when his Rhino instincts take over.

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  09:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

At one point his defensive game was considered premier by Sutter and others, then it became a liability when Regher was taken off his pairing and later traded. Regher was the defensively responsible player on his pairing. When paired with another defenseman who didn't have the same instincts as Regher to cover Phanuef when pinching it became obvious Phanuefs shortcomings. Again not saying Phanuef has no value or no defensive instincts, but the team has to adjust to cover him when his Rhino instincts take over.

I don't think Phaneuf was ever considered a "premier" defensive defenseman during his time in Calgary - his shortcomings defensively were well known in Calgary (as well as by any team that played Calgary often), and TOR should have known what they were getting when they traded for him.

I think its great for teams to have this sort of defenseman - but the team around him has to play accordingly. VAN has a good system where defensemen are encouraged to pinch and get into the play - but the rest of the team has to be ready for the fact that it doesn't always work. It helps to have defensively minded forwards on every line (Burrows, Kesler, Hansen) to help out when things go badly.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  09:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Joshua, check this out. This is the first 2 paragraphs from the initial post I made about Phaneuf. In fact, the thread only has one or two mentions of his apparent dressing room isues.

I see Calgary as getting exactly what they wanted. Let's face it, regardless if you like Phaneuf or not, he was not making his cash this year at all. He has gone from a Norris candidate and a shoe in for the Olympics at the start of the year to a #3 defensemen. His size, skating ability, shot, and angry nature took him as far as they could in Calgary. Big Dion should have read the writting on the way when Bouwmeester came in. Further to that, Giordano has been Calgary's best defensemen this season and with him becoming an RFA at the end of the season, Sutter finds the cash to sign him at the far less than $6.5 million that Phaneuf will now take from MLSE through 13/14.

Seriously, if I am Sutter, I am happy that I had the assests on the back end to make this move and even happier that I got Burke to give so much for an underachiever. Ian White alone is pretty solid, but to get Stajan and Hagman out of the deal. Wow.

Here is a link to the thread if you want to see for yourself.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9917&SearchTerms=Dion,Phaneuf,Trade
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  10:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a few more comments made on the Toronto side of the trade which praise him for his Norris capability and knock him for his defensive short comings. This an exept from you Beans:

Dion Phaneuf is 'coming into his own in all aspects of the game," is a bit of a stretch considering his killer +2 rating with those 18 pts. That's comparable to Sergei Gonchar, MA Bergeron, and Nick Leddy. I don't think anyone is saying any of those guys, "are coming into their own in all aspects of the game." Phaneuf is a solid offensive defensemen. To this point this year, one of the best. But let's not elude to Phanuef's game being all around quality when he still does not belong in a list with the likes of Lidstrom, Chara, or Weber. He is still not a top teir defensive player and still takes risks on making hits that turn into 2 on 1's against his team. He is what he is, a top teir offensive defensemen with a physical edge who plays a risky defensive game.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9955

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  11:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's keep it on track folks - this is Boston vs Toronto the series, not Phaneuf vs The Duke, the reality show

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  11:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry one more link by Beans himself

Apparently some media were outside the locker room when a shoutking match broke out earlier in the year between Phaneuf and Sutter. But that also happens all the time.

I once spoke with a guy who played some junior hockey with Phaneuf. He said Phaneuf was very arrogant and that many of his team mates at that time were not too fond of him. Supposidly thought of himself as better than all his team mates and too good for everyone else.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9663

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 05/10/2013 11:35:44
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  16:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry beans i take offense the meatball comment. Look back at my posts you will see I have never been a supporter of this pylon. I have always said he was not a leader and should not have the "C". As the leader he should not be putting his team at a disadvantage a often as he does. Also I agree that was a really weak goal. If there were two defenseman like there is supposed to be the that goal arguably would not have happend. Alsoof phaneuf had missed entirely than kessel was back checking hard. He was slowed down because phaneuf was hell bent on hitting some one. The bruins player had evaded.the hit and phaneuf mad a desparation hit that crippled his team on the most important game they played as a team. In any other profession you let your team down when they need you most you get fired. Or you are asked to step down from your position of leadership. So yeah he should not be captain. She reimer be held countable for the goal as well of course because he should be able to bail out his teammates. Bu the attain should not need to be bailed out on the most important game you have played in for team the severely needed a win
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  16:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

Sorry beans i take offense the meatball comment. Look back at my posts you will see I have never been a supporter of this pylon. I have always said he was not a leader and should not have the "C". As the leader he should not be putting his team at a disadvantage a often as he does. Also I agree that was a really weak goal. If there were two defenseman like there is supposed to be the that goal arguably would not have happend. Alsoof phaneuf had missed entirely than kessel was back checking hard. He was slowed down because phaneuf was hell bent on hitting some one. The bruins player had evaded.the hit and phaneuf mad a desparation hit that crippled his team on the most important game they played as a team. In any other profession you let your team down when they need you most you get fired. Or you are asked to step down from your position of leadership. So yeah he should not be captain. She reimer be held countable for the goal as well of course because he should be able to bail out his teammates. Bu the attain should not need to be bailed out on the most important game you have played in for team the severely needed a win

Mandree.....the Leafs are not out yet. Why are you so drunk already? Lol, j/k, but that was a tough read!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  20:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Alex sorry forthe tough read. Typing on iPad and watching my nine month old at the same time
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  23:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

Lol Alex sorry forthe tough read. Typing on iPad and watching my nine month old at the same time

9 month old? Yikes, you should be into the beers!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2013 :  10:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Slozo but the topic is Toronto vs Boston and the players will determine which team wins....so i guess they will be part of this tread conversation.

Whats wrong with some heated debate here anyway ? This is fun and keeps everyone more interested in these posts.

Good points everyone, i agree with most all of them :

1 ) Phaneuf should not have pinched in OT.....so stupid

2 ) Reimer should have had that shot.....( even though the situation would not have existed if not for Phaneufs stupidity )

3 ) The forwards should have covered for Phaneuf....( but the problem was when Phaneuf missed the Boston player he hit 2 Toronto players and stopped them from getting back !!! )

That will be my last post on that play Slozo, maybe not Phaneuf....lol...

Anyway, i guess there aren`t many negative Reimer comments after Friday night and i suppose Phaneuf will survive another day in Toronto.......

Can`t wait for game 6 Sunday, i wonder which leaf team will show up ?? If the right one does, game 7 will be a barn - burner.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page