Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Toronto or Boston Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  05:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Sorry Slozo....that makes 101%. So, unless you're one of those guys who actually believes the saying "we gave 110% effort out there tonight"....your math needs work.

It's the playoffs . . . even when you think you have given 100%, there's always room for that extra little percentage point!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  12:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, i know thay tech. speaking fighting isn`t leagl in the NHL but besides hockey ( and fighting sports ) , where else can u bop a guy 5 or 6 times in the face ( breaking bones and destroying teeth ) and NOT get your a$$ dragged into court, generally speaking.

.......besides a meaningless 5 min. penality.....man thats legal.

Can an NHL player walk into the general public, start a fight, and break someones nose.....knock out his teeth......and blacken a persons eyes.....without facing legal charges ???

Guess what, in the NHL he can.....i think that makes it legal.

I`ve never heard of an NHL player convicted for fighting during a on ice game......have you ?

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  12:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Guys, i know thay tech. speaking fighting isn`t leagl in the NHL but besides hockey ( and fighting sports ) , where else can u bop a guy 5 or 6 times in the face ( breaking bones and destroying teeth ) and NOT get your a$$ dragged into court, generally speaking.

Can an NHL player walk into the general public, start a fight, and break someones nose.....knock out his teeth......and blacken a persons eyes.....without facing legal charges ???

I`ve never heard of an NHL player convicted for fighting during a on ice game......have you ?

Umm, how about every sport?? They may be hauled into court if the sporting figures fight with fans. But otherwise no sporting figure gets dragged into court for fighting during a game.

That said, every other sport will normally include an ejection for fighting. A 5 minute penalty in hockey for fighting would be comparable to a technical foul in basketball or a 15 yrd penalty in football.

To that point, hockey more openly tolerates fighting than any other non-combat sport but don't kid yourself. Anything in any sport that has penalty associated with is is illegal.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2013 :  01:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

I have seen fights break out in nearly every professional sport that I've ever watched. Football, soccer, baseball, basketball, rugby - they all have fights, and they all have penalties of varying degrees for it. Hockey is probably the lightest penalty and the most tolerance for fighting, and soccer is probably the harshest and least tolerant. But I have never heard of a fight in any of these sports landing the fighters in court.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2463
( )

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  16:49:05  Reply with Quote
I pick Boston in 7
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page