Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2013 off-season...the most interesting in history? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5784 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  16:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Philly is clearing cap space for Luongo and will prob make a run for Clarkson.........hope the leafs win the Clarkson sweepstakes, he is good.

Whats Clowes status this off season ??......



Isn't Clowe a UFA?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3581 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  16:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clowe is a UFA. I would really like to see VAN take a run at him - I wonder if he liked playing for Torts?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5784 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  16:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sice this topic is about "the most interesting off season", this has to fit here.....

Source - Spectors Hockey: CSNWASHINGTON: Chuck Gormley reports the Washington Capitals are mulling over their compliance buyout options. Candidates could include Jeff Schultz, Joel Ward, Brooks Laich or Martin Erat.

Didn't Washington give up F. Forsberg for Erat at the deadline? Now they're thinking of buying him out? No need for a 13 page (and counting) thread on who won the Erat trade!!! Unless this Michael Latta kid (the other player Washington got in the deal) is something special, this deal looks terrible in DC!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5784 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  16:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More from Spectors Hockey out of Edmonton.....

EDMONTON JOURNAL: Jonathan Willis cited comments made by Oilers commentator Bob Stauffer wondering if Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn might be available and if the Oilers could get him. Jim Matheson, meanwhile, reported Oilers GM Craig MacTavish was in the bidding for Jonathan Bernier before his trade to the Maple Leafs last weekend. Matheson speculated if MacTavish might have interest in Boston’s Anton Khudobin or Chicago’s Ray Emery as a backup for Devan Dubnyk. He considers acquiring Buffalo’s Ryan Miller a longshot possibility.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1871 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  19:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

More from Spectors Hockey out of Edmonton.....

EDMONTON JOURNAL: Jonathan Willis cited comments made by Oilers commentator Bob Stauffer wondering if Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn might be available and if the Oilers could get him. Jim Matheson, meanwhile, reported Oilers GM Craig MacTavish was in the bidding for Jonathan Bernier before his trade to the Maple Leafs last weekend. Matheson speculated if MacTavish might have interest in Boston’s Anton Khudobin or Chicago’s Ray Emery as a backup for Devan Dubnyk. He considers acquiring Buffalo’s Ryan Miller a longshot possibility.



Wow, now that doesn't sound like Mact has absolute faith in Dubnyk as the #1. If he is inquiring about Emery, he is the best backup IMO in the league and should be a #1. No chance Miller would be a backup. It looks like on this me and Mact see eye to eye.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  05:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TSN reported this morning that Tampa Bay will almost certainly be buying out Lacavalier's contract. could happen as soon as today.
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4573 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  07:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lecavalier's been bought out.

Wow, it IS going to be an interesting off-season . . . already has been!

I really didn't think the Leafs were going to make big splashes, but . . . reading the tea leaves, Nonis looks like he will be a man of action this year. Lots of rumbles about Phaneuf being available, Reimer perhaps going, Letang wanting to come to Toronto (and perhaps Gardiner going back) . . . yikes!

My initial fears for the Leafs are as follows:

1) don't make too many changes.
It's a young team, and they really grew together last year . . . don't break their mojo tooooo much.

2) If they get rid of Pheneuf - and I'm not totally against it - you better replace him and his minutes. If Letang comes here, but Gardiner and Phaneuf leave . . . I'm happy, but you get my drift.

3) Don't leave us once again with an as yet uproven #1 goalie plus an unproven back-up.
We got lucky last year with Reimer and Scrivens being ok . . . but if you deal Reimer now, don't make the back-up to Bernier anything less than a proven vet who you know can take over if needed.

That's my wishlist, Nonis!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  07:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so how does it work exactly when a player is bought out like this? are they available to be signed right away, or do teams have to wait until July 5th like the other UFA's?
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1036 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  22:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure gipper, one would assume its July 05....this will be an interesting day for sure... Iglina- lecav - Horton - clarkson - Weiss - Roy - clowe Just a few that comes to mind
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
378 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  16:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way it works to my understanding is that a player that is bought out can talk to a team can and agree to terms in principle but can not actually sign untill july 5th. were as other ufas can only speak to the team that they were contractually obligated to until july 5 were they will be free to explore any team expresing interest in them??

for example Vinny can talk to any team and agree in principle but cannot officially sign until july 5
whil a ufa like Tyler Bozak Cant talk to teams until July 5th

Edited by - mandree888 on 07/01/2013 16:31:41
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  16:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lecavalier has agreed to sign with Philly come July 5th. 5 years, at $4.5M per season.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1871 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  16:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously, Philly! Didn't they just get rid of Briere with the same stats and stigma as Lecavalier. (Oft injured center, former captain, on the decline) And to $4.5 million over 5 years! If I was Lecavalier I'd have signed too. Philly managment continues to amaze my by free agent signings. He is bigger than Briere and probably more versitile, but seriously, Philly management has got to stop being the free agent retirement home of the NHL. Between this contract at $4.5 million per year and his buyout for the next 3 years at $4.7 million, Lecavaliers is almost the highest paid player today.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3581 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  21:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Seriously, Philly! Didn't they just get rid of Briere with the same stats and stigma as Lecavalier. (Oft injured center, former captain, on the decline) And to $4.5 million over 5 years! If I was Lecavalier I'd have signed too. Philly managment continues to amaze my by free agent signings. He is bigger than Briere and probably more versitile, but seriously, Philly management has got to stop being the free agent retirement home of the NHL. Between this contract at $4.5 million per year and his buyout for the next 3 years at $4.7 million, Lecavaliers is almost the highest paid player today.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "



I actually think this contract is pretty reasonable, given what Lecavalier brings. Compared to Briere:

- he is 2 years younger
- at 6'4/218 lbs, he is quite a bit bigger
- he has been producing at a pretty regular clip, and despite dropping from his all-time points high 6 or 7 years ago, he has been a pretty consistent 0.8-0.9 PPG over the last 5 years.
- is 2M cheaper cap-wise

Both Briere and Lecavalier play pretty similar offensive roles for their team, and both have average FO%. I do agree though, Lecavalier has had injury problems over recent years, and even though his PPG numbers are good, he hasn't played a full season in quite a while.

But a 5 year deal for a 33 year old player seems a reasonable. If he plays one of the top-2 centre positions and gets .8 to .9 PPG, 4.5M will seem pretty reasonable as well.

PHI is definitely playing on the edge of the cap game though...
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  05:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard on the radio this morning that if you combine what he's making on the buy out from Tampa plus his new contract with Philly, then it equals what he was making before he got bought out. so aside from logistics and new teammates, nothing's changed for Vinny.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro



714 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  06:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surprised that Philly was the front runner. But not really surprised because they always seem to be. Is Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier a center. If so, do they still have to wait five years to be a second line center.

Crazy, Philly had Richards, Carter, Giroux and Brière. They traded away Richards and Carter, bought out Brière and they are left with Giroux, Schenn, Couturier and Lecavalier.

Does Schenn or Couturier becomes expandable or will they keep them on the wing?

I'm also disapointed a little bit. Lecavalier's cap hit is less then Grabovski's. So Toronto could have sign Lecavalier for the same money or a little bit more, bought out Grabovski. That way they would have improved significantly at the center position and still saved a few bucks on the cap hit.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  08:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Surprised that Philly was the front runner. But not really surprised because they always seem to be. Is Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier a center. If so, do they still have to wait five years to be a second line center.

Crazy, Philly had Richards, Carter, Giroux and Brière. They traded away Richards and Carter, bought out Brière and they are left with Giroux, Schenn, Couturier and Lecavalier.

Does Schenn or Couturier becomes expandable or will they keep them on the wing?

I'm also disapointed a little bit. Lecavalier's cap hit is less then Grabovski's. So Toronto could have sign Lecavalier for the same money or a little bit more, bought out Grabovski. That way they would have improved significantly at the center position and still saved a few bucks on the cap hit.



interestingly enough i've read that teams only have until 11:59pm on July 4th to use their buyout options, otherwise they wait until next year. curious if the Leafs use their 2nd one or not....
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4573 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  05:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard Briere on the radio today . . . he's had lots of interest from lots of teams. He is a solid veteran presence, still very productive, and although small, he plays big, especially in the playoffs.

Screw these Bozak negotiations, Leafers . . . go after Briere, that's your top line centre! boo-yah!

Don't re-sign MacArthur, get Clarkson.

Trade Gardiner to Philly for Mezaros and a 1st.

THEN WE ARE DONE!!

It's wishful thinking, I know . . . and goes against what I said about too much change . . . but yeah, that's my wishlist.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  06:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all the talk about Horton, Briere, Thomas, and Lecavalier there are some big names that no one is talking about. There are two specific guys that I think still have value and bring a lot to the table for the right team.

Jagr and Iginla.

There were rumors of Jagr in Edmonton prior to him moving to the KHL but it never happened. He has high praise for Ales Hemsky and considering Ales is on MacT's trade list, Jagr would be unlikely to move to Edmonton.

What about Iginla?? Would he not look really good playing along side Gagner and Yakupov?? He's gritty and brings the right amount of sandpaper to the party. He is originally from Edmonton (actually St. Albert) but hasn't lived here for a very long time.


I wonder if he would still be Calgary's favorite son if he found his way into Orange and Blue???

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro



714 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  07:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iginla would make a lot of sense in Edmonton. They should pursue that possibility with grit.

Slozo, I don't think they should use Gardiner to get Meszaros. Meszaros is not the defense I would be looking for. And there is other options. I would hang on to Gardiner until Reilly pans out and then make a decision.

Plus there's some good veteran defenseman that could add depth and be acquired via free agency. Scuderi, Murray, Ballard, Hainsey...

Phaneuf, Insert UFA here
Franson, Fraser
Gunnarson, Gardiner

Bury Liles in the minors and keep Holzer and Kostka for depth.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  09:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
according to TSN the Leafs have bought out Grabovski.

i really like this move. i think Grabo is a good skilled player with a lot of heart and effort. but he's just too small, and he's moved off the puck way too easily. does not fit into Carlyle's system.
add to that the Leafs have replaceable centermen in Bolland and Kadri. PLUS they now have that additional cap space to use to sign a Weiss or even a Clarkson, or possibly bring back Bozak. bottom line this gives them plenty of options going into UFA weekend and the rest of the summer.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2257 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  09:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

With all the talk about Horton, Briere, Thomas, and Lecavalier there are some big names that no one is talking about. There are two specific guys that I think still have value and bring a lot to the table for the right team.

Jagr and Iginla.

There were rumors of Jagr in Edmonton prior to him moving to the KHL but it never happened. He has high praise for Ales Hemsky and considering Ales is on MacT's trade list, Jagr would be unlikely to move to Edmonton.

What about Iginla?? Would he not look really good playing along side Gagner and Yakupov?? He's gritty and brings the right amount of sandpaper to the party. He is originally from Edmonton (actually St. Albert) but hasn't lived here for a very long time.


I wonder if he would still be Calgary's favorite son if he found his way into Orange and Blue???

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!





I had suggested this in another thred, to me it all makes sense that iginla and the oilers for that matter would be interested in one another except for the fact that he was a long time flame, for all the reasons you said and just because in the modern NHL what vetran is better suited for helping all that Young talent in Edmonton grow up into professionals.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  09:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This tells me they have a UFA confirmed. With another compliance buy-out window next July, the only reason to buy a player out this year is to use that cap space on a new player.

There are some quality players in the mix for UFA's but this might also mean that Bozak will be signed. The rumor I heard is that Bozak and Kessel are very close and there was speculation that Bozak re-signing would have an impact on a Kessel extension.

Either way the Leafs must have a reason behind the buyout.

Personally, I think next year's UFA crop is not only better but likely has more movement. Check out this link to see the list of next year's free agents.

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2



Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
378 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  10:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The puck hog known as Grabovski is being BOUGHT OUT!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5784 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  10:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

This tells me they have a UFA confirmed. With another compliance buy-out window next July, the only reason to buy a player out this year is to use that cap space on a new player.

There are some quality players in the mix for UFA's but this might also mean that Bozak will be signed. The rumor I heard is that Bozak and Kessel are very close and there was speculation that Bozak re-signing would have an impact on a Kessel extension.

Either way the Leafs must have a reason behind the buyout.

Personally, I think next year's UFA crop is not only better but likely has more movement. Check out this link to see the list of next year's free agents.

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2



Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!





Beans, i too heard the Kessel / Bozak link. Maybe Bozak should sign for one year so he can be FA with Kessel and the two of them can be like Parise and Suter, albeit with a much lower payday i'd say. Lol

As for next year's FA class, WOW! That's some impressive names. Sure, a bunch will sign extensions before they actually become FA's but there's bound to be a handful that do make it that far!
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  11:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
according to TSN....Seguin to Dallas for Loui Erickson.

WOW!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro



714 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  11:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

according to TSN....Seguin to Dallas for Loui Erickson.

WOW!



Can we say another 15 pages are to be added in the Kessel trade debate, or will it end the debate sooner. Haha interesting none the less. Can't wait to see what's in place.

As for Grabovski being bought out, I like it. As soon as Burke signed him, I said it was way too much money, and him regressing and the salary cap getting lower it didn't help. Plus he just doesn't fit as a top 6 center in Toronto. Well they do need a top 6 center for sure now. Re-sign Bozak or get somebody else better then Bozak.

Grabovski's contract was one of the mistake made by Burke. Some will say there was many others, but to me this one was evident from day one.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  11:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also see that Claude Giroux has signed a contract extension that kicks in next year for a whopping 8 years at just over $8M per season.

man do i ever love listening to TSN radio while i work!!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
814 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  16:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Briere signed 2 year deal with the Habs.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1871 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  16:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

according to TSN....Seguin to Dallas for Loui Erickson.

WOW!



Can we say another 15 pages are to be added in the Kessel trade debate, or will it end the debate sooner. Haha interesting none the less. Can't wait to see what's in place.

As for Grabovski being bought out, I like it. As soon as Burke signed him, I said it was way too much money, and him regressing and the salary cap getting lower it didn't help. Plus he just doesn't fit as a top 6 center in Toronto. Well they do need a top 6 center for sure now. Re-sign Bozak or get somebody else better then Bozak.

Grabovski's contract was one of the mistake made by Burke. Some will say there was many others, but to me this one was evident from day one.

Although this had to happen, I hope he does well elsewhere. This should have been handled better as I believe he was tradeable.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1871 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  18:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richard-Cloutier/Horcoff-to-Dallas---Oilers-Didnt-Eat-Salary/131/52573

Horcoff has been traded to the Dallas stars. The article goes on to state Emery/Clarkson/Jagr were in contact as well. Being that tomorrow is UFA day, Edmonton has tonnes of cap space and has finally dealt with the captain. I think Hemsky will be the next one to be traded, which is also mentioned in the article.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 07/04/2013 19:04:33
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4573 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  06:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Leafs81:

You know what, after more thought, I sort of agree. Scuderi would be amazing I think beside Phaneuf. Experienced vet, great defensive player to allow Phaneuf more leeway to pinch, very dependable to be on the ice in the last minute with a lead.

My whole point about dealing Gardiner is, we ALREADY have too many offensive defencemen - and they are good ones. Phaneuf, Franson bring a lot to the table. Gunnarsson is very versatile. And we still have Liles, who if not dealt, is on the team to play, one would think. And obviously Reilly is waiting in the wings, a potential to make the team this year if he really impresses.

So we'd be dealing from a position of strength; check.
We'd be dealing a guy who might get an excellent return; check.
And we wouldn't be messing with any pairings or chemistry, seeing as how Gardiner didn't play for most of the year; check.

I just think it's a great opportunity to get something coming back to the Leafs of very good/great value . . . probably for top line centre.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  08:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bit of shocking news...........Alfredsson has decided to not re-sign with Ottawa. word is that he's going to sign a 1 yr. deal with Detroit later today.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5784 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  08:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo....heard on the radio this morning via Elliot Friedman that the Leafs are very likely to land Scuderi.

I also agree with your take on Gardiner and the return he may garnish. So many Leaf fans have annointed this guy "god" yet fail to think about the return aka "help elsewhere" that he could fetch!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  08:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TSN guys are tweeting that Scuderi is likely to go back to Pitt on a deal for around $3 million per.



Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4573 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  09:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alfredsson to Detroit? Wow, surprised . . . and then again, not really.

Alfredsson, as witnessed last year, is still playing at a reasonably high level, and even on a team like Detroit where he might play on a secondary scoring or checking line, he still brings tonnes of value. He can play all situations, and he's still a very good hockey player.

And it's one year, can't go too sour.

Still, will just be one of those situations where I will feel like I'm in the twilight zone . . . and Ottawa and Detroit are in the same division this year, so cue the new rivalry - at least for one year!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1871 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  10:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't even know what to say. I think $5.5 is too much for his on ice play, but I cant believe he signed elsewhere either, so you would think it would have to be for him to leave. Who can Ottawa find now to fill this big gaping hole.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  10:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we should stop talking about the insignificant deals and talk about the blockbuster moves happening in Edmonton. This one is really bold!!


Can anyone tell me something about Boyd Gordon???



Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
207 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  10:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tyler Bozak re-signs with Toronto, 5 years $21M

David Clarkson also signs with Toronto. 7 years, money not disclosed yet.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5784 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  10:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought i heard Clarkson had signed in NJ (rumour) but now it's being reported he's signed in Leafland???

Oops, my bad. Getting Clarkson and CLowe mixed up.

Edited by - Alex116 on 07/05/2013 11:20:44
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1871 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  11:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Maybe we should stop talking about the insignificant deals and talk about the blockbuster moves happening in Edmonton. This one is really bold!!


Can anyone tell me something about Boyd Gordon???



Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!





Wow, that was funny! Have no good or bad about Gordon, except that he is a roster player for Phoenix. G Jason Labarbera reportedly signed to Edmonton which I think is a great pickup, D Andrew Ference reportedly signed which fills a huge gaping hole for Edmonton and the biggest blockbuster of them all ------ F Jesse Joensuu???? Who the heck is this guy? Did the need another J name in the lineup? Apparently he's played in 67 games in the NHL in 4 years with 15 points. Wow thats bold Mact.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 07/05/2013 11:47:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page