Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 leagues best goalie Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  16:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
who is the leagues best goalie right now.

GO PREDATORS GO

Choices:

Luongo
Brodeur
Other

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  16:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of peopel sayt hat luongo is the best ogalie right now. He has some better stats than Brodeur but Brodeur is basically his whole team.

The devils have no amazing defencemen right now and leave Brodeur to win the games for them

GO PREDATORS GO
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  19:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you nashville...brodeur is the one thing that new jersey has...the only thing almost that will get them a win he's a great goalie with a poor supporting cast

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

Guest4024
( )

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  20:28:00  Reply with Quote
everything you said was right except you need to exchange Brodeur's name with Luongo's. The Canucks should chage their name to Luongo because if he wasnt there the Vancouver Giants could beat them.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  20:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think Sami Salo,Mathias Ohlund,Kevin Bieksa and Willie Mitchell are a good top 4 D-Men protecting Luongo. Vancouver has the best defence in the league, they just need some offence.

Eat,Sleep,Watch Hockey,Play Hockey
The Perfect Life!

Edited by - PainTrain on 10/11/2007 20:31:08
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  17:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
plus the canucks have up and comers Luc Bourdon and Lukas Kraijek

and i said Brodeur but when he retires it is Bobby Lou

http://i15.tinypic.com/4hvjlmh
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  18:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Well I think Sami Salo,Mathias Ohlund,Kevin Bieksa and Willie Mitchell are a good top 4 D-Men protecting Luongo. Vancouver has the best defence in the league, they just need some offence.

Eat,Sleep,Watch Hockey,Play Hockey
The Perfect Life!

WARNING!! WARNING!! NEWS ALERT!! NEWS ALERT! The Vancouver Canucks have the best defense in the league !?! They are a mediocre squad at best, Luongo is the only thing that is keeping this team cometative. Look at when they had Cloutier or tried Auld. They were pathetic! The defense core was actually probably better back then too.

Luongo is hands down the best goalie in the league. He keeps a bad team in the playoffs. He alone wins at least 30% of Vancouver's games, easy. So Sweet Lou gets my vote.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  17:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101
So Sweet Lou gets my vote.

Im pretty sure the nickname Sweet Lou doesnt refer to Roberto Luongo. Its the Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella.

Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  17:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101
So Sweet Lou gets my vote.

Im pretty sure the nickname Sweet Lou doesnt refer to Roberto Luongo. Its the Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella.

LOL, maybe I'm trying to start a phenomenon here :p. Luongo doesn't have a good nickname, this one seems to apply to him so I used it. Thanks for the correcting me here LRP.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  21:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the poll states "right now", I went with other. Nicklas Backstrom in Minny is looking pretty good with 2 shutouts already. Yes, Minny plays it tight defensively, but I've watched all of their games, and he's super-hot right now.

In a week it could be Luongo again, as I think he's the best goalie in the NHL overall. Marty had his time, but he's on the downward slide now.
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  17:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin Gerber has been playing good lately, I am wondering what they are going to do when Emery gets back. They can't keep Emery on the bench, so i am looking forward to see what is going to happen in the next week.

Edited by - KariyaSelanne on 10/16/2007 17:22:38
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  18:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Gerber wouldn't exactly be my pick. I was just in Toronto visiting my cousins when the leafs played the sens in a home and home to start the season. I got to see Gerber play and I have to say he wasn't very good. He got a couple challenging shots and the rest weren't very hard to stop at all. I didn't see his other games thoug so I can't really say anyhting about them. My pick is still Luongo.

GO PREDATORS GO
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  20:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

A lot of peopel sayt hat luongo is the best ogalie right now.

I think it's time to brush up on your pig-latin.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  21:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

quote:

Thanks for the laugh. In all honesty I laughed out loud when I read this.
Great stuff.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  13:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

lol I'm a really fast typer and sometimes I don't exactly proofread what I write

GO PREDATORS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest2905
( )

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  10:56:04  Reply with Quote
You people are dumb there is no doubt in my mind that its JS Giguere hes just inconsistent sometimes
Go to Top of Page

Guest8100
( )

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  11:36:49  Reply with Quote
In regards to this topic, I don't think either of these goaltenders are the best in the game right now or the only piece of the team.

The statement made about Brodeur is true and not so true. He is not nearly in is top form. I think those sharp angle goals have somewhat made a dent on his confidence. He's not the same. I will admit he has absolutely no one around him (Save Paul Martin) but thats not an excuse considering all the lost was Rafalski from a year ago when he posted 48 wins and 12 shut-outs. Brodeur's SV% is aweful right now. The two wins he has were some of the worst games he's played. Weekes has been the better of the two goaltenders right now. After the first two games, I would've agreed with the previous statement, but since the last four... No way. Brodeur just isn't there right now.

Luongo has some brand names in front of him and I think still has some play-off hang-over as well. Then again, the way Vancouver left was pretty aweful for Luongo. He's 3-4 but his stats are on par with Brodeur. Bloated GAA and another aweful SV%. Consistency is an issue for him right now as is Brodeur's.

Best two goaltenders as of this point in this season. Niklas Backstrom who has proven to be unbeatable since last season and the surprising start to Leclaire's season with three wins all by shut-out with one loss. What do they both have? Straight up confidence. Most dangerous weapon a goalie can get.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8100
( )

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  11:42:04  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Not to sure why you posted the Oilers here. Your toking fairly large amounts of grass if you truly believe that. This season is solely a growth season. To me, its definitely not about winning or making the play-offs because this Oiler team is too young and doesn't have the tools right NOW to make it. Cogliano, Gagner, Gilbert, Brodziak... They will become the new core of players to lead this team. Nilsson, O'Marra, Schremp should help with that as well. Roloson and Garon will be pushed out by Dubynk and Deslauriers. This team is all about what we've drafted and the prospects we've been trading for. Make the play-offs? Might as well book a tee time.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  16:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8100

quote:

quote:

Not to sure why you posted the Oilers here. Your toking fairly large amounts of grass if you truly believe that. This season is solely a growth season. To me, its definitely not about winning or making the play-offs because this Oiler team is too young and doesn't have the tools right NOW to make it. Cogliano, Gagner, Gilbert, Brodziak... They will become the new core of players to lead this team. Nilsson, O'Marra, Schremp should help with that as well. Roloson and Garon will be pushed out by Dubynk and Deslauriers. This team is all about what we've drafted and the prospects we've been trading for. Make the play-offs? Might as well book a tee time.

Sorry to say dude but thats his signature lol

GO PREDATORS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest4139
( )

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  15:29:55  Reply with Quote
scott clemmenson
Go to Top of Page

LeafsFan4Life
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  14:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the risk of sounding dumb i would have to say the best or one of the best goalies in the league is Pascal Leclaire from columbus, he has 5 shutouts and thats pretty good for being on not one of the strongest teams in the league, that is where my vote would go

Long Live Hockey
Go to Top of Page

Guest7658
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  15:35:42  Reply with Quote
Henrik Lundqvist of the rangers. His best defensemen is Marek Mailk. He has four shoutouts and a sparkling GAA. The Ranger's are built for offense not defense and he is amazing in shootouts
Go to Top of Page

redwings85
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  06:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry, I really dislike seeing these polls about Brodeur, and Lulongo
they get rather silly.

We all know there is better then them 2 all the time.
Look at Osgood perfect example 8 game win Streak was 20 games unbeaten in regulation, his first regulation loss in 21 games sunday night to a Blackhawks team that was a force, to Detroit's slow skating, tiredness.

If Hasek wasn't around in Detroit, Osgood would be the starter he is a force, look at his numbers, pretty impressive from what I see.

How can you say no to this for Osgood, lets not forget about his goal he scored too :).
This season:
8-1-0 - 1.66 GAA .930 SV%.
Career:
630GP 344W 187L 77T - 43 SO
2 Stanley Cups.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7658
( )

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  14:53:31  Reply with Quote
This season:
8-1-0 - 1.66 GAA .930 SV%.
Career:
630GP 344W 187L 77T - 43 SO
2 Stanley Cups.

Any goalie could be 8-1 with detriot. they are an amazing team they only give up twemty shots and game and maybe 5 scoring chances. As for his career record Detriot has been good for a very lonf time so it's not hard to imagine good numbers
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  15:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeafsFan4Life

At the risk of sounding dumb i would have to say the best or one of the best goalies in the league is Pascal Leclaire from columbus, he has 5 shutouts and thats pretty good for being on not one of the strongest teams in the league, that is where my vote would go

Sorry buddy but im gonna have to say that sounded a bit dumb.

Yes Pascal Leclaire is off to a great start with what 5 shutouts but he is not proven enough to go and say that he is the best goalie in the league.

But this is luck. If he continues this and he is proven and does become the best goalie in the league then I will retract my post here and call myself dumb for saying this.

Edited by - Leafs Rock Planet on 11/13/2007 18:53:47
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  18:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, let's not forget the NHL's top goalie in terms of save percentage AND goals against average...

Dan Ellis of the Nashvilee Predators.

Yep, he's your leader, folks. Scroll down on this page and look for yourself.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page